• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST June 2023|

Joedev

Shriekbat
rKxKfDl.png

0e012b54caa92b6b3520583dedd18df8341d1dfff2c54d6ab11c3ec9a112548c

Jun 06 - Loop8: Summer of Gods

2952a62e585abb9c5a3b3a3496934be2cd2a7ebf3bd38fe69e09c8f8b90a0011

Jun 08 - Bleak Sword DX

e48f93c42b14ba433456d3ff9a911cb62fd4f1f7941a986a984fb99170e7d33e

Jun 13 - Dordogne

b100717fa251d5bae2edfd1a2d8207f9e13abd6c667b418a8c22787b8edb2cc5

Jun 15 - Alchemic Cutie

566fd6e45de78f8f657c57ceeec5e2340833ad5cf0c455c069a0bb4878a4d307

Jun 29 - Picontier

c3f4e0e4a2020a73496d565c257e2bc15c750340931b0d5c41d1c11f0b469e15

Jun 30 - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

6fe62fd0c04b2dedac2fe03b71d1717541a135760056c824bc27e566bf126aa4

Jun 30 - Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Jun 01 Aery - The Lost Hero
Jun 01 Boxville
Jun 01 Etrian Odyssey HD
Jun 01 Etrian Odyssey II HD
Jun 01 Etrian Odyssey III HD
Jun 01 Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection
Jun 01 GyroGunner
Jun 01 Hidden Bunny
Jun 01 Japanese NEKOSAMA Escape The Sweets Shop
Jun 01 Killer Frequency
Jun 01 Korokoro Harley
Jun 01 Kuroi Tsubasa
Jun 01 LotionSamurai for Nintendo Switch
Jun 01 Move The Pin: Classic Logic Puzzle
Jun 01 Powers of Hex
Jun 01 Project Nightmares Case 36: Henrietta Kedward
Jun 02 7 Horizons
Jun 02 Breakfast Bar Tycoon Co-op Edition
Jun 02 Johnny Trigger: Sniper
Jun 02 Prison Simulator
Jun 02 Super Mega Baseball 4
Jun 02 Super Mega Baseball 4 Ballpark Edition
Jun 02 We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Reverie
Jun 03 Kitten Island
--
Jun 06 Dreamy Trail
Jun 06 Loop8: Summer of Gods
Jun 07 Brain Show
Jun 07 Inhabit
Jun 07 Nocturnal
Jun 07 SENSEs: Midnight
Jun 08 A Painter's Tale: Curon, 1950
Jun 08 Angel Symphony
Jun 08 Bleak Sword DX
Jun 08 Cat Souls
Jun 08 Demon Sword: Incubus
Jun 08 Mask of the Rose
Jun 08 MotoGP23
Jun 08 Sakura Dungeon
Jun 08 Speed Crew
Jun 09 Avia corporation
Jun 09 Raiden III x MIKADO MANIAX
--
Jun 13 Dordogne
Jun 14 Brave Soldier - Invasion of Cyborgs
Jun 15 Alchemic Cutie
Jun 15 BIRDIE WING -Golf Girls' Story-
Jun 15 Jack Jeanne
Jun 15 ProtoCorgi
Jun 15 Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale
Jun 16 Tails of Trainspot
--
Jun 20 Robolt
Jun 21 Alice Sisters
Jun 21 Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story 2
Jun 22 Dr. Fetus' Mean Meat Machine
Jun 22 Neko Secret Homecoming
Jun 22 Pretty Princess Magical Garden Island
Jun 22 Princess Closet - Fashion and love will change me -
Jun 22 Unimime - Unicycle Madness
Jun 23 Sonic Origins Plus
Jun 23 Skautfold: Usurper
--
Jun 26 SOULVARS
Jun 27 Charade Maniacs
Jun 27 Little Friends: Puppy Island
Jun 27 STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life
Jun 29 AEW Fight Forever
Jun 29 Boo Party
Jun 29 Classic Racers Elite
Jun 29 Move The Box: Classic Block Puzzle
Jun 29 Moving Blocks Puzzles
Jun 29 Noob - The Factionless
Jun 29 Picontier
Jun 29 Quick Race
Jun 29 WW2: Bunker Simulator
Jun 30 Crime O'Clock
Jun 30 Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Jun 30 Inner Ashes
Jun 30 Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE
Jun 30 Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE - Digital Deluxe Edition
Jun 30 Ray’z Arcade Chronology
Jun 30 RayStorm X RayCrisis HD Collection

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022
Jun. 2022
Jul. 2022
Aug. 2022
Sep. 2022
Oct. 2022
Nov. 2022
Dec. 2022
Jan. 2023
Feb. 2023
Mar. 2023
Apr. 2023
May 2023

Last edited:
I'm still slowly working my way through Zelda, so probably not a lot for me this month.

I've been looking forward toward Picontier since it was announced years ago. Also Bleak Sword DX looks like something I'll eventually get - I played the Steam demo a while back and it was pretty fun.

I'm still slowly working through Zelda, so probably not a lot for me this month
Same.

Excellent work on this eshop thread as always, though. Interested in Ghost Trick and Rain Code, but again, Zelda haha. Also is the name of that game seriously Alchemic Cutie? Sure, I guess!

In the same boat, chugging along with Zelda - I'm not that deep in to the game just yet so I have plenty to go. But I will definitely buy Ghost Trick (all though I have a physical copy pre-ordered instead of E-shop)

@Joedev you forgot to add AEW Fight Forever and Sonic Origins Plus in the well known releases part.

Small month for me, few of the releases I'm gonna get. Hoping to have more games announced to launch within the month, possibly as Direct shadow drops.

My List:
We Love Katamari Reroll Royal Reverie
Master Detective Archives
AEW Fight Forever
Dordogne
Dr Fetus Mean Meat Machine

Maybe?
Etrian Odyssey III

Dordogne deserves to be highlighted in the op, though, imo! Beautiful game.

Agreed and added. I was intending to highlight that, but must have missed it.

@Joedev you forgot to add AEW Fight Forever and Sonic Origins Plus in the well known releases part.

Thanks - I've added them to the releases. Not so much forgot though, but just that neither have eShop pages so they don't show up on my automated list. Games that don't have eShop pages are often going to be missed, unless it just happens to be something that I know releases that month. In the future, I'll try to scan something like https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-game-release-dates/

Prob won't get a lot since Zelda is zapping away all of my time. Raincode is my must get for the month though and I will try my best to hype up Ghost Trick to some people. Will throw We Love Katamari on the wishlist/

Raincode
Bleak Sword DX
AEW Fight Forever
Sonic Origins Plus
Ghost Trick

Are what I am interested in this month, I am also still plugging away at TOTK so probably one buy anything else this month and wait for sales on the above.

Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life for me at the end of the month -- will just be lots of Zelda until then. And intend to start Pokemon Scarlet at some point in the month too.

Those life sims Alchemic Cutie and Picontier look interesting (and similar, lol), will watch out for reviews on those two.

Oh hey switch version of Gigabash(which has Godzilla dlc) got dated for August third! Guess the PlayStation exclusivity was about a year. https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/gigabash-switch/

Also Override 2: Super Mech League is $5 on sale right now, worth it at that price? Tho I’d wait to grab the Ultraman dlc till it’s on sale again(tho it’s been a year). Gigabash getting dated gives me pause.

I already pre-ordered a Japanese physical copy of Ghost Trick, so that one for sure. Like others in this thread, I'm knee deep in Tears of the Kingdom and don't see myself putting it down anytime soon so that might be it for me. That said, I am interested in We Love Katamari, Dordogne, Rain Code, and Hamster's release of Tetris Grand Master 2. It's likely I skip them this month, but I'll get them eventually.

Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon is 50% off, I'll pick it up, but don't know if I'll actually play it before being done with Zelda. Maybe it will work for shorter sessions in between.

Gotta admit, Toy Soldiers HD on sale at $10 is tempting me. Then again I may want to save my gold coins with this being the month of many announcements, sales and shadow drops. Especially if we do get a direct/partner showcase

Gotta admit, Toy Soldiers HD on sale at $10 is tempting me. Then again I may want to save my gold coins with this being the month of many announcements, sales and shadow drops. Especially if we do get a direct/partner showcase

Save it my guy, I got $100 of eShop credit for my birthday the day after Zelda came out and I'm still sitting on it (aside from the aforementioned $5 on Dragon's Dogma). Too much potential at this time of year, you don't want to be the guy having to shell out the full $30 for Silksong when it shadow drops on Sunday ;)

Save it my guy, I got $100 of eShop credit for my birthday the day after Zelda came out and I'm still sitting on it (aside from the aforementioned $5 on Dragon's Dogma). Too much potential at this time of year, you don't want to be the guy having to shell out the full $30 for Silksong when it shadow drops on Sunday ;)
I found hollow knight meh tho. More worried about Baten Kaitos tho XD. Or Theatrhythm final bar line or FFPR going on sale. Or ace angler or Ultra Kaiju Monster rancher hitting half off

Shovel Knight Free DLC is out

Wildfrost's first big update is out on steam - should hit Switch in a few days. Mostly QOL stuff and some balancing, but there is some new stuff as well.

Also, they posted a roadmap of future updates.

Fx30AuYWAAcgAzR

I really enjoy the game as is, but excited to see it get even better.

@Joedev thanks for posting both of these news items! how do you feel Wildfrost compares to Dicey Dungeons? We got completely obsessed with DD last year and played pretty much just that for 5 months till we 100%'d it.

Nice to know about the Wildfrost improvements. I liked the game to the point of dropping Darkest Dungeon II to play it more. There are a lot of nitpicks they can iron out and I hope they do.

@Joedev thanks for posting both of these news items! how do you feel Wildfrost compares to Dicey Dungeons? We got completely obsessed with DD last year and played pretty much just that for 5 months till we 100%'d it.

For whatever reason, Dicey Dungeons didn't click with me, so I didn't play a ton of it. That said, compared with early part of the game that I did play, I'd say that Wildfrost is much more difficult and unforgiving (Maybe the update changes that a little... 🤷‍♂️) with a bigger focus on the deckbuilding.

Relative to other deck builders that I have played, I feel the power scaling throughout a run is much lower, and therefor a bigger emphasis is put on strategy. In other games like Slay the Spire and Monster Train, a lot of my wins are a result of acquiring a combination cards/relics/upgrades that synergize to a degree where I almost feel I broke the game. In Wildfrost I never found that to be the case, even in my winning runs I felt like I was barely scraping by.

I believe there is also a lot more variety in Dicey Dungeon, as there a bunch of different characters all with different episodes. Wildfrost has 3 different tribes, with slightly different mechanics, but the objective and gameplay stays the same.

Not sure if that helps or answers your question. I guess it depends on what you liked about DD.

That definitely helps @Joedev! Thanks for the info. I'm surprised to hear WF is notably harder than DD because part of the reason I avoided trying DD for a long time was hearing it was incredibly hard (and I felt it was quite tough!). So that kind of interests me more, I have mixed feelings about the unforgiving aspect but it depends how it's handled. What we loved about DD was the strategy in finding and carrying different builds, overcoming seemingly impossible scenarios (so crafted episodes were a plus), and the general presentation of the game like the art and music and especially the dialogue.

Realistically with how long it takes us to play games and with just getting started on ToTK and Pikmin 4 coming up, I imagine we probably don't even get to trying WF till much later in the year. 😆

Big sale on the EU eshop, picked up Ion Fury and Sludge Life so far but my plump for a few more including Disco Elysium
Yeah I was trying to cut down on my to play list but between TotK, a couple of PS deals, and this, it looks like it's not happening any time soon. RIP.

Probably picking up The Messenger, Catherine, Dragon's Dogma (all on new all time lows btw), and Ys Origin.

Colt Canyon is on a ridiculous 91% discount.

Thought it looked interesting so used some reward points to pick it up.

I went for Rise of the Third Power at 50% off.

Just looked it up, looks like a cool retro style RPG!

I am still keeping an eye out on Deku to see what else is at a good price, Card Shark is on my list but that has been dropping in price quite often so may hold off on that. Carrion the same, might grab the DLC for Cult of the Lamb and Olli Olli World.

Dangaronpa is one on my wishlist but I know it’s been a few quid cheaper before so going to hold off until that one comes up again.

Anyone got any stand outs from this sale? Lowest price ever territory?

Loop Hero is an excellent game, very addictive. $9 (these are AU dollars).
Olija has its lowest ever price. Very tightly designed game, an underrated release by Devolver. $6.75
Lonely Mountains Downhill is at $12, new lowest price.
Dungeons of Dreadrock is a puzzle game originally released on Apple Arcade. Seems underrated. $2.98

Other new lows:
F.I.S.T. Forged in Shadow Torch
Endling - Extinction is Forever
Astalon - Tears of the Earth - excellent Metroidvania
Zombie Army 4: Dead Army
Lost in Play
ITTA
Rogue Legacy 2
Raiden IV x Mikado Megamix
Jack Move - been meaning to get this. Loved the demo. Cyberpunk indie rpg.
Severed Steel - very cool fps. Think it's 60fps?
Overcooked! All you can eat
Splasher
Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi
Kowloon High School Chronicle
Lil Gator Game
Gerda: A Flame in Winter
METAL MAX Xeno Reborn
Rytmos

I found hollow knight meh tho. More worried about Baten Kaitos tho XD. Or Theatrhythm final bar line or FFPR going on sale. Or ace angler or Ultra Kaiju Monster rancher hitting half off

It's already been a few months so you'll probably wait anyway, but Final Bar Line is more than worth full price for the base game -- the amount of content is ridiculous.

It's already been a few months so you'll probably wait anyway, but Final Bar Line is more than worth full price for the base game -- the amount of content is ridiculous.
Yeah but I need the dlc too. So I figured I’d wait for a base drop especially since I’m going digital

Nintendo Life saying this Nintendo summer sale is in 2 waves with wave 2 coming this week? Will hold off buying anything else until I see what drops next!

So NA sale is live with some big stuff. But I’m not up for recapping so here’s what I’m thinking about
Poking around on Deku deals for all time lows, I’d say the 2 that finally hit low enough for me to consider from my wishlist are:
Monster Train first class(which includes the dlc) at $12

Catherine Full Body: just seems funky and weird, not sure it’s my thing yet I’m also curious. So at $12.50 I’m willing to consider digitally

Those are the main ones on my wish list low enough for me to consider. Always up for thoughts on both

Oh and there’s Persona 4 arena ultimax but I need to get P4G first and I was waiting till after I finish P3P(which I’m still planning to do with FeMC)

Debating whether I should go for Live A Live, Bug Fables. 13 Sentinels, Hot Wheels, Chicory or TriStrat. Hmmm.

Debating whether I should go for Live A Live, Bug Fables. 13 Sentinels, Hot Wheels, Chicory or TriStrat. Hmmm.

Live A Live and Chicory are great. Bug Fables I found okay, but seems like most people enjoyed it more than I did (certainly not bad at all).

Live A Live and Chicory are great. Bug Fables I found okay, but seems like most people enjoyed it more than I did (certainly not bad at all)
Honestly I’m leaning towards Live A Live coz Chicory, Hot Wheels and Bug Fables go on sale more often, and I don’t think I have in me to take on Triangle Strategy after TotK

Honestly I’m leaning towards Live A Live coz Chicory, Hot Wheels and Bug Fables go on sale more often, and I don’t think I have in me to take on Triangle Strategy after TotK

Oh somehow I didn't even see you mentioned that one lol. Triangle Strategy is fantastic, but I can understand the time investment aspect. Definitely check it out someday though, great game.

I tend to only bite if the deals are 70%+. Looking at The Messenger and Monster Sanctuary. Maybe Banner of the Maid.

Contemplating Catherine full body and monster train first class(I did enjoy the base game on gamepass a while ago), any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom