• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Dec. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joedev

Shriekbat
RgHmpKX.png

Highlights.png

Well Known Games

Dec 01 Romancing SaGa -Minstrel Song- Remastered, Dec 09 DRAGON QUEST TREASURES, Dec 13 CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION

9E3mgd5.png

Updates / DLC

Dec 01 Splatoon 3 Chill Season, Dec 07 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass - Wave 3

qwyEQx4.png

eShop Highlights

screenshot01

Dec 01 - Inscryption

screenshot01

Dec 02 - Super Kiwi 64

screenshot01

Dec 07 - Togges

screenshot02

Dec 08 - Chained Echoes

screenshot01

Dec 14 - Lil Gator Game

screenshot01

Dec ?? - Sports Story

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Dec 01 Donut Dodo
Dec 01 GRISAIA PHANTOM TRIGGER 07
Dec 01 Inscryption
Dec 01 Japanese Escape Games The Room Without Doors
Dec 01 JellyCar Worlds
Dec 01 Lover Pretend
Dec 01 Papetura
Dec 01 Railbound
Dec 01 Romancing SaGa -Minstrel Song- Remastered
Dec 01 Sword of the Vagrant
Dec 01 The Outbound Ghost
Dec 01 TOMOMI
Dec 01 Warp Drive
Dec 01 Work from Home
Dec 02 Intrepid Izzy
Dec 02 Sakura Succubus 6
Dec 02 Siralim Ultimate
Dec 02 Super Kiwi 64
Dec 03 Cyborg Invasion Shooter 3: Savior Of The World
Dec 04 Goonya Monster
--
Dec 05 Swordship
Dec 06 Kukoos: Lost Pets
Dec 07 Bot Gaiden
Dec 07 The Rumble Fish 2
Dec 07 Togges
Dec 07 Witch on the Holy Night
Dec 08 Chained Echoes
Dec 08 Coloring Pixels: Collection 2
Dec 08 Kardboard Kings: Card Shop Simulator
Dec 08 Mech Armada
Dec 08 SAMURAI MAIDEN
Dec 08 Simona's Requiem
Dec 09 Adventure Academia: The Fractured Continent
Dec 09 DRAGON QUEST TREASURES
Dec 09 Jitsu Squad
Dec 09 Petite Adventure
--
Dec 12 Wavetale
Dec 13 CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION
Dec 14 Aka
Dec 14 Lil Gator Game
Dec 14 Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance
Dec 15 Aery - Path of Corruption
Dec 15 Cassiodora
Dec 15 Cosmo Dreamer
Dec 15 Hero Hours Contract 2: A Factory for Magical Girls
Dec 15 NAIAD
Dec 15 The Crackpet Show
Dec 16 Elves Christmas Hentai Puzzle
Dec 16 Napoleon in the Third World Episode.1 A maiden without the word impossible
Dec 16 Panda Punch
Dec 17 Chubby Cat 2
--
Dec 19 Aero Striker - World Invasion
Dec 19 GyroBlade
Dec 20 Mind Jab
Dec 22 Drone Race Simulator Pilot Flight School Airplane Games Jet 2023
Dec 22 Grappling Dash
Dec 22 Popplings
Dec 22 Windstorm - Ari's Arrival
--
Dec 26 Pixel Cup Soccer - Ultimate Edition
Dec 29 Monster Impossible Truck No Limit Adventure Drive Simulator Sport 3D
Dec 31 Toy Soldiers HD
Dec ?? Sports Story

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022
Jun. 2022
Jul. 2022
Aug. 2022
Sep. 2022
Oct. 2022
Nov. 2022

It feels like a little bit of a lighter month to end the year. I thought I'd mix things up and start the thread with a couple questions for everybody.

1. Are you getting anything new this month?

Probably not any new releases. The 2 things I was hoping would hit this month (Wildermyth and Wildfrost) were both officially moved to 2023, so I'm probably good. I'm sure I'll impulse buy something from the wishlist when the inevitable eShop sale hits.

2. Do you have a Holiday game you are planning to play?

I have a ton of time off from work this month, and the wife and I always try to find some kind of a co-op game to play together during that time. We've settled on these:
  • PlateUp - Playing via Steam. Overcooked, but as a roguelike. Looks really fun and I think we will really like it. I would bet this game makes it way to Switch sometime in 2023.
  • Divinity Original Sin 2 - Own on Switch, but never played. Not sure if this will end up being too complex or not, but everyone says it's a great co-op experience, so we are going to give it a shot.
  • Grounded - Honestly don't know much about it, but it's on Gamepass and we both like the look of it.

3. Are you going to be purchasing a game or something gaming related as a gift for anyone?

- Mario Party Superstars for my 4 yr old. Also getting him an Xbox Controller.
- My 8 yr old is getting $20 eShop credit and I'm going to let him browse the eShop and pick out something. (Really curious what he'll decide)

Great threat OP :)

I wonder how Inscryption is. The trailer seems interesting but I wonder what the others have to say about it.

Tough question. Ever since I have become a father, I found it difficult to put time aside for my hobbies. Holiday season will be spent with my relatives and no gaming will be involved. Maybe Mario Party Superstars. Board games and wrestling with my kid otherwise.

3. Are you going to be purchasing a game or something gaming related as a gift for anyone?

Sadly, this year I only intend to gift money to my friends and relatives since it is preferable in these times.

Last edited:
Great thread as always @Joedev!

Heavily considering buying Inscryption and Sports Story day one, but the reasonable part of my brain insists that I still have a few games like Dark Souls III and MH Rise to push through. Guess we'll see.

Nada.

Some Pokemon merch for my Pokemon-obsessed brother.

Normally Decembers don't have big releases but this one does. Three of them, all from Square. One of them is brand new.

My buy list:
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
DQ Treasures
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song
Rumble Fish 2
SAMURAI MAIDEN (in capitals, game of the month)
Wavetale (finally free of its Stadia bounds)
Togges
Swordship
Inscryption
Kukkos Lost Pets (looks like the sleeper hit of the month)

Maybe:
Sports Story
AKA

What am i playing this holiday? Probably DQ Treasures. IF I am not done with it by the holiday, there's great chance that i will be.

Gaming related presents? I'll buy new color PS5 controllers for my 40 year old cousins, most likely.

I'm only getting Dragon Quest treasures and sports story this month. I already started with River City Girls 2 and SAMURAI MAIDEN (yes, the title is in capitals) and both of them are really fun, needed some light action after Tactics Ogre (though SM is very strict in the scoring, the best I've had in missions is a B)

Not even 24 hours in and I've already bought two new games this month, Donut Dodo and the Arcade Archives release of Tetris: The Grand Master. Both are difficult, but fun! That's probably going to be it this month, with the usual "unless there's a crazy sale" caveat. I'm interested in Dragon Quest Treasures and SAMURAI MAIDEN (I guess the rule is that you have to mention the title is in capitals), but with money going towards getting Christmas gifts for the family (nothing game related), those will have to wait.

I want to get Dragon Quest Treasures, The Outbound Ghost, Lil gator, and Sports Story. I will probably only end up getting Sports Story and hope for Dragon Quest for Christmas. I actually didn't really spend much last much so maybe I will pick up some games on sale after Christmas.

I typcially play SRPGs during the winter season, so I might jump back into Triangle Stratgey or start Tactics Orge if I get that as a gift

As for gaming gifts I don't really have many people to gift to anymore, but I am looking into having a custom deskmat made. Just no clue where to go for those and possibly give out some megaman/xenoblade pins or keychains. But as for actual games it's looking unlikely since the people I would gift to just buy everything they want to play pretty instantly.

I went crazy last month so going right this month. Interested in SAMURAI MAIDEN but I can wait for a sale down the road. Have some Eshop cred and gold coins left if anything on my list goes on sale but knocked out some big ones last month

A new puzzle game find: Puddle Knights. New for me anyway, it's actually an early 2020 release. Anyway, there was a demo on EU eShop and it was really promising. I also just find the idea of making protecting nobility from walking in mud your central gameplay mechanic very funny

Super Kiwi 64 is soooo good. Music goes hard too.

Really liked Papetura, too. It is short but the style is incredible.

A new puzzle game find: Puddle Knights. New for me anyway, it's actually an early 2020 release. Anyway, there was a demo on EU eShop and it was really promising. I also just find the idea of making protecting nobility from walking in mud your central gameplay mechanic very funny

I love the concept of this. That they have flat heads to stand on too.

Seems like it’s a fun goofy lesbian character action beatem up game. I’m interested… on sale
Yeah I've been playing it this weekend along RCG2 and the combat is fun, though it some have some of the jankiness of other D3 published games, specially on the platforming sections. Also there's this thing where you don't actually feel the weight of the attacks. And later sections do have some perfomance issues (so far I've only found one area thankfully) where it goes belows 20fps because they throw a lot of enemies.

FInally there's a lot of story, like I can say it's split 60% action / 40% story of my playtime

Battle Chef Brigade is turning out to be great! It started a bit slowly and I didn't fully understand what it tries to do, but once the difficulty starts to ramp up and you need to actually think of what you're doing, it's surprisingly fun.

It has a weird fantasy setting that somehow manages to remind me of MasterChef. There's the rush to the pantry (in this case a beat 'em up stage full of monsters), wondering mid-competition whether you're really following the instructions from the judges, and finally the fight against the clock to serve your dishes in the last seconds.

Last edited:
I'm playing Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan, and it's fantastic. Graphically it's very colourful and you might think it rather childish, but I'd suggest otherwise. The game is terrifically positive but also touches on aspects of mental health but in a very mature way.

Also I'd highly recommend it to gay Switch owners. A lot of the characters are openly gay.

DQ Treasures and Sports Story for me this month, although the latter I will get in a sale in the future (I still havent finished Golf Story). DQ I will get this month but it depends when I finish Pokémon, and I might need to play a palate cleanser after that since the games are so similar.

I also got interested in Inscryption after watching the trailer, I might get it if word of mouth is good.

What a stacked month!

(1) Inscryption I'll definitely pick up but I have so many games now on my Switch completely unplayed I'm really in no rush.

Chained Echoes looks beautiful. Hoping reviews drop soon.

Crisis Core has always intrigued me, but the updated combat system does put me off as I wasn't overly fond of FFVIIR.

Raptor Boyfriend I saw in the upcoming games list on the eShop itself... A quick Google shows promise as it was well-recieved on PC when it released in 2021.

Tempted to Day 1 Sports Story. As Golf Story was my first Switch title around Xmas some years back it's sure to fill me with the fuzzies. But I've also got a stacked workload over Xmas and maybe I might get it for my upcoming holiday in Thailand this January instead.

(2) I might do a New Game+ run on Cthulhu Saves Christmas. I enjoyed it last year but one run isn't enough to see all the dialogue. Me and my partner are bound to compete in Mario Kart, especially with the new tracks dropping. I'll be taking my Switch to my parents' so maybe one of those Jackbox party games might be worth picking up?

(3) I always buy my Dad an Xbox or Nintendo gift card so I might try to do something a little more outside of the box this year, but it's a good fail-safe!

Normally Decembers don't have big releases but this one does. Three of them, all from Square. One of them is brand new.

My buy list:
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
DQ Treasures
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song
Rumble Fish 2
SAMURAI MAIDEN (in capitals, game of the month)
Wavetale (finally free of its Stadia bounds)
Togges
Swordship
Inscryption
Kukkos Lost Pets (looks like the sleeper hit of the month)

Maybe:
Sports Story
AKA

What am i playing this holiday? Probably DQ Treasures. IF I am not done with it by the holiday, there's great chance that i will be.

Gaming related presents? I'll buy new color PS5 controllers for my 40 year old cousins, most likely.

Kukkos has performance issues. Fps drops, long loading times.

Kukkos has performance issues. Fps drops, long loading times.

Yeah I suspected, Modus does the portjob for the games the publish themselves and they're not that good. Past games were like this, Ary and Skully.

But the review praises the platforming, that's all I needed to hear. Even for just few hours, I'm thirsty for some good 3D platforming that looks good.

Can I add one more game to the list to be released on 19 Dec?

Dr. Kobushi's Labyrinthine Laboratory will be released on the US eShop then.

This is a REALLY, really challenging puzzle game designed by my client that is sure to tickle your brain cells as you had to think several moves ahead to beat the robots/traps. Our studio also did the character designs and key visuals!

BTW Brazilians rejoice, the localized price is lower than the direct conversion.

Now that you mention this, just want to comment that the game in Argentine eshop is a directly USD price conversion, for those who don't believe abusing regional prices doesn't have any effect, hope you are happy

Some great deals on the EU eShop this week:
  • Portal Companion Collection discounted for the first time (33%)
  • Steamworld Dig 2 and Steamworld Quest have their lowest prices ever (70-75 %)
  • Dicey Dungeons is at 90% again
  • Spelunky 2 is at 50%

Do you want to make me buy a game? Because that's how you'll end up making me buy a game.
BTW Brazilians rejoice, the localized price is lower than the direct conversion.
If it helps at all, Chained Echoes is included in Game Pass. But yeah, it took less than this to convince me to buy it. Let me help a little further:

Oh, and it's published by Deck 13, publisher of all-time great CrossCode.

Last edited:
If it helps at all, Chained Echoes is included in Game Pass. But yeah, it took less than this to convince me to buy it. Let me help a little further:

Oh, and it's published by Deck 13, publisher of all-time great CrossCode.

Thanks, it probably helps a lot of people. Just not me :'). I only have a late 2012 Mac Mini and my switch.

Seems like the Switch port of Wavetale is pretty good. The 3D platforming parts look fun! Still quite hard to find reviews out there.

oh hey, wavetale has been on my list for a while... toomanygames

EDIT: ah seems pretty short, I'll wait for a sale

Yes, very stable 30fps.

It‘s a very solid port and even full price totally worth the money for me.
Good to hear, I grabbed it. Now to see if I can get over the curse of sucking at it. Which is weird. I loved aggressive inline skating on ps2
Sorry, what games are you referring to?

I can only read it as "The Humble Play Station 1+2" and for that, I'm very, very sorry.

Nah it’s “the horrible poor system 1+2”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom