• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"those tubers"

It's always fascinating to me to see how people group and categorize others like they belong in some circle and nothing else matters. It's not just you - it's just something we as humans seem to do to everyone.

Not sure if you're doing this as a positive, negative, or something in-between, but yeah I'm a YouTuber. I don't hide who I am. I honestly didn't know about this place until I saw Emily mention it in a sales post on twitter. So glad to have found a Nintendo forum community that's not... gaf or era.

Hope I'm welcome. If not, oh well.

But everyone here came from GAF and ERA :p

Why are people here acting like their not gonna try and make another Star Fox game? It has icons on the Switch so Nintendo clearly still considers it a somewhat viable/key franchise. If Metroid can sell well these days a well-made or at least decent Star Fox is a guarenteed hit.

They could just merge the series into Mario Kart just like what happened to F-Zero.

So are we or aren’t we expecting an announcement tomorrow?

Going by umbrella pizza it’d be 9/10 not 8/9
I think umbrella/pizza is more just referring to this week. The 10th seems unlikely because the 11th is a holiday in Japan so the direct (assuming it's at its regular time) would be on the holiday there.

"those tubers"

It's always fascinating to me to see how people group and categorize others like they belong in some circle and nothing else matters. It's not just you - it's just something we as humans seem to do to everyone.

Not sure if you're doing this as a positive, negative, or something in-between, but yeah I'm a YouTuber. I don't hide who I am. I honestly didn't know about this place until I saw Emily mention it in a sales post on twitter. So glad to have found a Nintendo forum community that's not... gaf or era.

Hope I'm welcome. If not, oh well.

We‘re all here to have a happy place without the normal internet anger found elsewhere.
And I really appreciate you‘re plying with open cards and interact!

What they reaaaally need to do is go back to the space opera style of music the SNES Star Fox had. Aside from a few good tracks here and there, the rest of the Star Fox games have SUCKED musically.

Oh actually, Star Fox Adventures had a great David Wise soundtrack, but that's not really a Star Fox game.
Hey, even though it's certainly not my fave game in the series, Assault and its orchestral OST are as "space opera" as it gets. It's still got the best rendition of the Star Wolf theme, after all!

And this is with me preferring the SNES games, overall.

Wait. I thought it was all fun and laughs.

Why is everyone expecting an announcement mañana lol?
Pizza Umbrellas and EU eshop sales

Nate's made several mentions of pizza and umbrellas, which is explicitly a nod to the fact that National Pizza Day and Umbrella Day are this week. There's also an EU eshop sale this week similar to the ones that took place during the last two Direct weeks

Nintendo needs to drag Yoichi Kotabe out of retirement and have him draw character sheets and key art for anime adaptations of Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Tingle, Fire Emblem, and whatever your favorite Nintendo series is. Yes, I know he's eighty-five, and no, I don't care.

Yes I care, let the man rest, but I'm serious about the rest. Except Fire Emblem, that doesn't need a series because it's already anime/s
He's not a literal Yoichi Kotabe, but Shigehisa Nakaue has been illustrating that general style art for a while now. Some semblance of this request could happen yet. Just will it into existence.

Please Nintendo… All I want is a new Tomodachi Life instalment… please?

This is excellent life advice. The post you're replying to is a meme from four years ago.

I kinda got a feeling that it was a joke, but just in case, I decided to write it since I've lost most of my family and I only got my mother left. When she's gone, I don't know if I'll want to continue being on this earth.

When Robin Williams died, it impacted me because here was this guy that had a long-time loving wife, a daughter that loved him, he had money, he was funny, he was liked and yet, he still committed suicide. How's it going to be for me, lacking all of that, once the only person I care for dies?

Nate's made several mentions of pizza and umbrellas, which is explicitly a nod to the fact that National Pizza Day and Umbrella Day are this week. There's also an EU eshop sale this week similar to the ones that took place during the last two Direct weeks
to add to this Andre from GX is teasing it too

Hey, even though it's certainly not my fave game in the series, Assault and its orchestral OST are as "space opera" as it gets. It's still got the best rendition of the Star Wolf theme, after all!

And this is with me preferring the SNES games, overall.

Yes, that's one of the "few good tracks here and there" I referenced. Unfortunately, you can't really appreciate the music in-game due to the constant louder than usual sfx and voices. I was only able to appreciate the soundtrack when I listened to the OST.

Wait people are taking the pizza/umbrella thing as a riddle? He blatantly said in the YouTube poll a few days ago that this week was the week with national pizza and umbrella days, that was never a hidden tease or anything.

I assumed it was referring to games in the direct (TMNT and RE) but he shot down that theory.

I assumed it was referring to games in the direct (TMNT and RE) but he shot down that theory.
Sometimes I forget that Shredder's Revenge is a thing, and you just reminded me and now I'm super excited. Every second that goes by is a second closer to that game coming out.

Wait people are taking the pizza/umbrella thing as a riddle? He blatantly said in the YouTube poll a few days ago that this week was the week with national pizza and umbrella days, that was never a hidden tease or anything.

I thought it was more that his mentions of it in this thread was hinting that that poll option was correct, not that the pizza/umbrella thing was supposed to be something we'd need to figure out. But idk, I haven't been keeping that up to date with the thread and stuff's moving fast so could've missed a lot of context

I only just saw the poll on Twitter, so I definitely thought it was a riddle

It feels weird when people are harsh at Star Fox not reaching Star Fox 64 heights when they still haven’t made a proper follow up to it.

Adventures: Not a rail shooter. No multiplayer.
Assault: 3/10 levels are rail shooters (I still really like this one).
Command: Weird touch controls, only all range mode.
Zero: the right structure, but the levels range in quality and it has arguably the most disliked control scheme, no multiplayer.

I’ve written about it at length on Famiboards before so I’ll keep it brief, but I really think it’s more than possible to make an ideal sequel for Star Fox 64 that appeals to a wider range of players and respects the rail shooter core of the franchise. I doubt it’d be my vision, but I really hope they make an excellent Star Fox game one day. I want to play it.

I thought it was more that his mentions of it in this thread was hinting that that poll option was correct, not that the pizza/umbrella thing was supposed to be something we'd need to figure out. But idk, I haven't been keeping that up to date with the thread and stuff's moving fast so could've missed a lot of context
Oh yeah, I agree that it was pretty blatantly hinting to this week. I just assumed people knew that pizza and umbrella days were this week already.

This was my post from Saturday about it:
National Umbrella day (Feb 10th) would be a great day to announce a Switch Resident Evil.

And National Pizza day (Feb 9th) would be a great day to shadowdrop that TMNT game.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm actually replaying Yugio Duelists of the roses.....and boy....I do wish we would get an HD remaster of that and falsebound kingdom for switch.
Whoa!

I thought I would be the only one here to ever mention that title lol.

I loved that game growing up. Such a weird mash-up. But I liked the gameplay. Yugioh always had some strange ideas in that era.

I enjoyed Capsule Monsters and Falsebound Kingdom as well. And yeah. I always used the money cheat code lol

How dare you suggest that? True GAMERS don't play, only complain.
WlzqwV3.png

I'm going to take a shower. I ask that all of you kindly refrain from posting anything while I am gone. I do not want a ton of new messages to catch up on when I return. Thank you.

But everyone here came from GAF and ERA :p

They could just merge the series into Mario Kart just like what happened to F-Zero.

Welcome aboard.

We‘re all here to have a happy place without the normal internet anger found elsewhere.
And I really appreciate you‘re plying with open cards and interact!

p. sure they were just candidly asking if you are who they think you are. your handle was vaguely familiar to me as well, I just hadn't asked

very welcome.
All good, glad to be here. I got banned at era I think for having a difference of opinion and I technically still have an active GAF account I really don't use. But honestly if it's not obvious from my channel, I just want to talk about Nintendo stuff and since coming here, I've noticed some of the rumors floating out there also seem to originate from here.

But yeah there is a lot of anger out there and honestly, I'm just having fun. Glad to be part of a serious yet fun, community.

It feels weird when people are harsh at Star Fox not reaching Star Fox 64 heights when they still haven’t made a proper follow up to it.

Adventures: Not a rail shooter. No multiplayer.
Assault: 3/10 levels are rail shooters (I still really like this one).
Command: Weird touch controls, only all range mode.
Zero: the right structure, but the levels range in quality and it has arguably the most disliked control scheme, no multiplayer.

I'm a big fan of Star Fox Assault's multiplayer. I thought it had some great ideas that are underappreciated.

All good, glad to be here. I got banned at era I think for having a difference of opinion and I technically still have an active GAF account I really don't use. But honestly if it's not obvious from my channel, I just want to talk about Nintendo stuff and since coming here, I've noticed some of the rumors floating out there also seem to originate from here.

But yeah there is a lot of anger out there and honestly, I'm just having fun. Glad to be part of a serious yet fun, community.
You can probably count on one hand the number of people who didn't get banned at era.

I'm actually replaying Yugio Duelists of the roses.....and boy....I do wish we would get an HD remaster of that and falsebound kingdom for switch.
omg no one ever talks about Duelist of the Roses. Such a great game, fire soundtrack too.

You can probably count on one hand the number of people who didn't get banned at era.
Yeah... it's pretty... is draconian the right word choice? I dunno, but it definitely heavily promotes similar thought processes and you can't dare deviate from them. But I don't want to derail the thread talking about a place I didn't enjoy as much as I hoped I would when it launched. So far just from reading around here, it's been wonderful and honestly it's nice to not be judged so harshly over silly rumor videos and crap I post at my channel even if they are from sources that... I mean most of us can agree is lol I am sure (like Samus Hunter). It's just in good fun.

Anyways, while we wait for this direct to get announced this week or next (so I hope!), I just want to say that in my dream fantasy world, BoTW 2 pops in for a summer date.

Then again, in my dream world, I am already playing the game. So...

I'm definitely more of a lurker these days but I have to say I've always enjoyed these pre-direct threads.

Hope y'all are well. Fingers crossed for the good stuff in this direct.

As great as Fire Emblem and Xenoblade 3 would be in this Direct, I'm hoping there's one more medium-to-big surprise that might cater to my own selfish wants from Nintendo (Metroid Prime HD, BOTW 2, DK, Mario, etc.). Xenoblade 3 would have me pretty damn excited, and I acknowledge that FE could be pretty exciting, but just speaking for my own personal wants.

I'm a big fan of Star Fox Assault's multiplayer. I thought it had some great ideas that are underappreciated.
Yeah! My favorite part of the game. I put tons of hours into it to unlock everything and had so much fun with friends and family. I really hope that’s the version/vision of multiplayer they build off of and introduce online multiplayer to in a dream sequel.

Rewatching Nintendo’s E3 2012 presentation and they just opened with Pikmin 3!!!

Yeah... it's pretty... is draconian the right word choice? I dunno, but it definitely heavily promotes similar thought processes and you can't dare deviate from them. But I don't want to derail the thread talking about a place I didn't enjoy as much as I hoped I would when it launched. So far just from reading around here, it's been wonderful and honestly it's nice to not be judged so harshly over silly rumor videos and crap I post at my channel even if they are from sources that... I mean most of us can agree is lol I am sure (like Samus Hunter). It's just in good fun.

Anyways, while we wait for this direct to get announced this week or next (so I hope!), I just want to say that in my dream fantasy world, BoTW 2 pops in for a summer date.

Then again, in my dream world, I am already playing the game. So...
Since you make videos, here's like 5 seconds of BOTW2 footage (just extended E3 footage mind you used for OLED marketing) not shown in either trailer if you want to edit it with the E3 footage. It's pretty minor but here's the link (pun I guess) just scroll down: https://www.nintendo.com/sg/hardware/detail/switch-oled/index.html

Yeah! My favorite part of the game. I put tons of hours into it to unlock everything and had so much fun with friends and family. I really hope that’s the version/vision of multiplayer they build off of and introduce online multiplayer to in a dream sequel.

The Assault multiplayer gets pulled out almost any time there are certain segments of family around, and good times are had by all who indulge. That mode, while perhaps unrefined, still sees so much use.

I get the impression there is a sizeable chunk of the fanbase that appreciates what was done there, or at least what could be accomplished if the idea were built upon. It's actually kind of surprising that we haven't seen Nintendo build upon it thus far in search of the next big multi-player phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom