• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off phone with an industry friend, told me that Telltale making The Big Bang Theory game for Switch exclusively!

Every Switch game by EPD4 with the exception of the Miitopia remake was announced outside of a Direct. Labo, Ring Fit, Game Builder Garage, Big Brain Academy.
Mario Kart Live was another exception as it was revealed in the Super Mario 35th anniversary Direct. Even then, that was a co-developed project with Velan.

Saved for future use, what editing software do you use and can I get it on iOS?
Corel PhotoPaint, and eeehhhh... 😅

Looks like it is, but only as part of the CorelDraw suite, and currently that looks to be about five times the price of what I bought mine for on PC so uh... Maybe see if there are some used physical copies on eBay?

(what's goofy is I switched to Corel because of how much cheaper it is than literally anything Adobe (plus all the local graphics businesses here use it) but now it looks like they're trying to move to the bullshit subscription thing that Adobe is forcing on people 😩)

Mario Kart Live was another exception as it was revealed in the Super Mario 35th anniversary Direct. Even then, that was a co-developed project with Velan.
Was that EPD4 at all? I would've thought any EPD input for that would've been EPD9.

Animetendo
mario-anime.jpg

Corel PhotoPaint, and eeehhhh... 😅

Looks like it is, but only as part of the CorelDraw suite, and currently that looks to be about five times the price of what I bought mine for on PC so uh... Maybe see if there are some used physical copies on eBay?

(what's goofy is I switched to Corel because of how much cheaper it is than literally anything Adobe (plus all the local graphics businesses here use it) but now it looks like they're trying to move to the bullshit subscription thing that Adobe is forcing on people 😩)
I prefer using my iPad over my computer. Been trying to find a good image editing tool on there

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the lack of announcement. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck did they not announce it? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the direct is so late in February. I want a future to believe in. I want Breath of the Wild 2 to come out this year and fix this broken decade. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought all of the hints were pointing to the 9th???? This is so fucked.

Hopefully you apologized to her. When someone prepares you food, unprompted, that person loves and cares about you. And one day that person will be gone and you'll be all alone remembering the good old days when someone loved you.

Hoping for anything megaman

Whatever Mega Man Match/Rockman Taisen stands to be, I imagine Capcom may end up announcing on their own time. Unless Nintendo secured some type of "timed/console exclusive" deal of some sort.

Either way, for something that supposedly will launch by November of this year (barring Covid delays), I eagerly await whenever they're willing to talk about what's possibly the biggest thing Capcom stands to do with Mega Man in ages.

Arena fighter? Battle Royale? Straight up traditional fighter? All we can glean from Protodude and the like is that it won't be a "traditional" MM experience. Which on the other hand still leaves the door open for anything to the tune of MM12 or X9 to come through, I suppose!

And I was so certain it would be next week.

Hopefully the direct will be at a reasonable hour for Aussies. The 8AM/9AM AEDT ones have been wonderful.

Hopefully the direct will be at a reasonable hour for Aussies. The 8AM/9AM AEDT ones have been wonderful.
All the regular general directs are around that time so we'll be fine; its just the E3 Directs and certain game-specific ones that have been at night.

All the regular general directs are around that time so we'll be fine; its just the E3 Directs and certain game-specific ones that have been at night.

Really? I always thought we got things around 1AM AEST

Perhaps I'm misremembering

why a western studio?

Honesty, I feel like they need to shake up the formula quite a bit and move away from it’s on-rail origins. Personally I’d like to see the series move to a mix of epic free roam battles and ground-based 3rd person shooting. And I think the latter is better suited for a western developer or you risk ending with the on-foot parts of Star Fox Assault.

I don't think we've ever had this much reassurance from Nate before a Direct. At least explicitly. Feels good to have called this week forever ago though I thought it would be Thursday before @Raccoon reminded me about the holiday

You might be onto something. Had to check his tweet and posts about the umbrella and pizza. Hype drive activated
Oh I thought it was obvious after that poll answer
Google's telling me:
Talking actual air time, not announcements. Announcement will be around then but that doesn't matter much.

Yeah that's probably what I'm remembering. Did they shadow-drop things at this time as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom