• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people keep numbering FE games, none of them were numbered releases. Is it too hard to say FE: GoHW? You make me count the games in my head: "So, shadow dragon is the first and Shadows of Valentia is the second and that makes the... ow my head hurts!"

Oooh a Mario Musou would be a if they give them as much creative control as they did over Hyrule Warriors to celebrate the series.... but I'm doubtful of that. If they take a AoC approach and file it down to one universe I wouldn't be as excited.

Let me mow down piantas and play as queen bee
What I would hope for, is that it'll end up being like the RPGs are good for nowadays: starts out with familiar, before you eventually have Mario, Peach, Bowser, DK and pals fighting against some new OC(s) who are the real drivers of the plot.

Like you, though, I certainly do hope Koei is able to make long and deep cuts for a truly content-rich game, like the first Zelda/All-Stars ended up being. Even if Wario and Waluigi remain the only "non-mainline" chars that could be feasible for a roster, they should be able to go as wild as possible, otherwise.

Like, if Wart somhow doesn't end up as DLC in a game like this, something would be wrong!

And I say that, knowing all I need are Roy, Morton and Wendy to tear up the countryside.

Can we get a poll for the day we expect a direct? Since they are usually Wed or Thurs, our options can be Feb 2-3, Feb 9-10, and so on. I know it's going to be on the 9th, but let's see what the fami says.

Speaking of Mario Warriors, didn't KT express a desire to develop a Star Wars Warriors game? I can see Nintendo getting a exclusive Star Wars game with KT developing it similar to how KT developed Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

I don't know why people keep numbering FE games, none of them were numbered releases. Is it too hard to say FE: GoHW? You make me count the games in my head: "So, shadow dragon is the first and Shadows of Valentia is the second and that makes the... ow my head hurts!"
Imagine if instead of "Sonic Generations" people said "Sonic 12"

Probably because the series is similar to other numbered RPGs like DQ and FF, where each entry takes place in the same universe but with an entirely new cast, and like DQ, has never been completely reinvented (at least I think so, not super familiar with FE)

What if Nintendo announces the direct on Monday 1/31 for a direct later in the week (Feb). Will team January try to steal the crown?
A Tuesday General Direct would certainly break tradition, along with the other possibility of the Direct being announced for the Wednesday

I really hope team january wins, partially for that sweet, sweet direct and partially because if they lose they'll have to endure like three weeks of gloating

I don't know, but it was something I had to get used to years ago in the fandom. At first I had no idea what games people were talking about, but now it's easier for me to use numbers.

What if Nintendo announces the direct on Monday 1/31 for a direct later in the week (Feb). Will team January try to steal the crown?
I really hope team january wins, partially for that sweet, sweet direct and partially because if they lose they'll have to endure like three weeks of gloating
Team January A L W A Y S wins. 😤

With Nate saying 100% FE is coming I think this brand new FE will be announced in the first direct. I’m most confident in its announcement more than any other rumored game. Also for them to get it out in 3 years with Covid is really good.

With Nate saying 100% FE is coming I think this brand new FE will be announced in the first direct. I’m most confident in its announcement more than any other rumored game. Also for them to get it out in 3 years with Covid is really good.
Now watch as it misses the first Direct and is actually announced at E3 for the fall

Team January for life!
Everyone can be “Team later” to cope with the disappointed of not getting the Direct earlier 🤪

If anything, I'll give it to KT on how fast they pump out games lol.

As for FE4R (lol), I fear it will be VERY faithful similar to Echoes. That game was almost 1:1 remake, same map, same game mechanics (with some new ones), same stat growths and sprinkle some new QoL features such as the turn wheel.

Still, more FE games makes me really happy and I'm genuinely excited to see how the new FE game looks like since I expect it to look more decent than TH.
I'm also looking forward to seeing whatever improvements KT makes to the visuals in FE 2022, I hope they can make the game look at least somewhat decent. I think you've mentioned this before, but that one shot of the front of the church from the reveal trailer looked decent, so I hope they can make this next game look more like that in the actual, final product.

The game whose visuals I'm (unsurprisingly, knowing me lol) really looking forward to seeing, though, are FE4R's. I dunno if you've seen this, but yesterday in the discussion thread Nate straight up confirmed that next year's remake is actually being developed by IS. I really want to see what an HD FE by IS would look like, and I'm pretty confident FE4R will look loads better than either KT FE (especially 3H lol) and be up there with Origami King as one of the best looking Switch games, and act as a great sendoff of the FE series on Switch. And the best part? It's not even that far away! As long as everything Nate is saying is accurate (no delays, etc.) it'll be amazing to have a brand new FE this year followed by an IS remake just a year later! I can't imagine it'll be that long after FE 2022 that we'll get the reveal of FE4R either.

As far as how faithful the game will be, I give it a 50/50 chance of being different. IS may very well intend to keep these games pretty faithful to the original, maybe with a couple new mechanics and some QoL improvements. However, SoV did get a lot of criticism for sticking too closely to the original, and iirc they were originally gonna make the game more different from Gaiden but ran out of time, so I could see FE4R having a lot more changes to improve the game than SoV did... as long as they don't run out of time again, I guess. I'd hope not given the 6 year gap we're looking at between SoV and FE4R lmao

Proud mavericks with a sense of historic righteousness, Team January are bold and optimistic. Their unity comes just as much from their years of loyalty to the cause as to the belief itself. While noble and stalwart, they are known to sometimes be pigheaded and stubborn.

My company is giving all employees better bonuses than usual so I started looking into finally "upgrading" my wheezing PS4 into a bulky new PS5.

I've been looking for like 2 minutes and it's already miserable. The ebay tax is low key not totally garbage (in terms of percentage).

I'm also looking forward to seeing whatever improvements KT makes to the visuals in FE 2022, I hope they can make the game look at least somewhat decent. I think you've mentioned this before, but that one shot of the front of the church from the reveal trailer looked decent, so I hope they can make this next game look more like that in the actual, final product.

The game whose visuals I'm (unsurprisingly, knowing me lol) really looking forward to seeing, though, are FE4R's. I dunno if you've seen this, but yesterday in the discussion thread Nate straight up confirmed that next year's remake is actually being developed by IS. I really want to see what an HD FE by IS would look like, and I'm pretty confident FE4R will look loads better than either KT FE (especially 3H lol) and be up there with Origami King as one of the best looking Switch games, and act as a great sendoff of the FE series on Switch. And the best part? It's not even that far away! As long as everything Nate is saying is accurate (no delays, etc.) it'll be amazing to have a brand new FE this year followed by an IS remake just a year later! I can't imagine it'll be that long after FE 2022 that we'll get the reveal of FE4R either.

As far as how faithful the game will be, I give it a 50/50 chance of being different. IS may very well intend to keep these games pretty faithful to the original, maybe with a couple new mechanics and some QoL improvements. However, SoV did get a lot of criticism for sticking too closely to the original, and iirc they were originally gonna make the game more different from Gaiden but ran out of time, so I could see FE4R having a lot more changes to improve the game than SoV did... as long as they don't run out of time again, I guess. I'd hope not given the 6 year gap we're looking at between SoV and FE4R lmao
Yup, the downgrade was quite big unfortunately: https://famiboards.com/threads/nint...egami-tensei-v-the-dub-way-or….783/post-74143

If this game looks like the one in the trailer, I will be very satisfied. Although what excites me is that according to Nate, the team is really excited with the new mechanics they are going to bring to the new game.

Although I'm really curious about FE4 Remake. 6 years...I don't want to have high expectations but IS have been consistent in good looking games. Regardless, we getting 2 FE games, I couldn't be more happy lol.

It's next month. Early February just like 2019 and 2021. You can fire away with your predictions regardless lol.
Early? Last year's was the 17th.

2019 was the 13th though, and that range may be more likely. Last year the Direct was spaced out roughly a week after 3D World, whereas in 2019 it followed NSMBUD in late January. We're on 2019's schedule in a bunch of ways so I'd bet on that week. Maybe the 9th or 10th

Although what excites me is that according to Nate, the team is really excited with the new mechanics they are going to bring to the new game.
Yeah, I'm very interested to see what they come up with! Personally, I've been wanting to see the return of (better, more polished) dungeons ever since they were implemented in SoV. I'd love to see KT implement them in the new game as one of the new mechanics. And just a lot more free-roam exploration in general. I'd love to see multiple towns and other major points of interest be explorable (unlike SoV, where most places besides dungeons were point-and-click VN's lol) and well integrated into the story and gameplay (the monastery wasn't very well integrated into either imo). If the 3H DLC is anything to go by, I'm sure they'll try implementing a lot more interesting map gimmicks and objectives in this game, as well.

They're numbered internally, and due to how many of the early games were language patched by the community they're more familiar with this than they would be otherwise. I think the use of numbers fell off when the newer crowd fostered by the 3DS games never really picked them up; I haven't really seen one referred to as its number since Awakening pre-release.

Fun fact, the DS remakes are FE11 and FE12, pushing Awakening to 13.

Early? Last year's was the 17th.

2019 was the 13th though, and that range may be more likely. Last year the Direct was spaced out roughly a week after 3D World, whereas in 2019 it followed NSMBUD in late January. We're on 2019's schedule in a bunch of ways so I'd bet on that week. Maybe the 9th or 10th
I have no idea why I said early lol. Essentially it's mid-ish February.

Yeah, I'm very interested to see what they come up with! Personally, I've been wanting to see the return of (better, more polished) dungeons ever since they were implemented in SoV. I'd love to see KT implement them in the new game as one of the new mechanics. And just a lot more free-roam exploration in general. I'd love to see multiple towns and other major points of interest be explorable (unlike SoV, where most places besides dungeons were point-and-click VN's lol) and well integrated into the story and gameplay (the monastery wasn't very well integrated into either imo). If the 3H DLC is anything to go by, I'm sure they'll try implementing a lot more interesting map gimmicks and objectives in this game, as well.
It seems, according to interviews and the games that we have played specifically Echoes and 3H (DLC especially), the team really wants to explore underground. So they might expand more on the dungeon elements.

Another element I really enjoyed from 3H was gambits. Remember the trailer where gambits had forms like triangle? That got scrapped. They might bring that back.

Now the next question is...will the story be linear or branching like Fates/3H? If it's branching, I really really really hope they avoid reusing so many maps for other routes. They need to be refreshing and unique but I doubt since it will take so much development time.

And finally...as you said, I really want multiple explorable areas. I was hoping in 3H, depending which house you picked, in the time skip, your base will be in the country of the house you picked like the castle in Dimitri's country or Edelgards but nope, Monastery the whole way through.

I really hope we get Mario Party Superstars DLC boards in the upcoming Direct. I feel like this is the one and only shot at getting Superstars DLC - if it's not in the January/February Direct, it's not coming at all. Which would really just suck. The game would benefit immensely from having another 2-3 boards and more characters. It seems every other Nintendo title gets DLC these days, from Mario Golf to Cruisin'n Blast. Mario Party is so fitting for DLC, especially one based on remaking classic boards like Superstars.

Also hoping we get an updated look at Advance Wars. We haven't seen anything on the game since last E3, so I would expect a lot of progress to have been made.

I said last year if we were getting Mario Party Superstars dlc it would be in the first direct of 2022. So, we’ll see if we get any. I’m hoping we do because there’s so many more boards they can remake from the N64. It’s easy money for Nintendo.

It seems, according to interviews and the games that we have played specifically Echoes and 3H (DLC especially), the team really wants to explore underground. So they might expand more on the dungeon elements.
Huh, really? I actually didn't know that. If we do get dungeons back I hope they don't make them all samey unmemorable underground ones like most of SoV, though. Like, I dunno, a huge castle dungeon for example could be cool.
Another element I really enjoyed from 3H was gambits. Remember the trailer where gambits had forms like triangle? That got scrapped. They might bring that back.

Now the next question is...will the story be linear or branching like Fates/3H? If it's branching, I really really really hope they avoid reusing so many maps for other routes. They need to be refreshing and unique but I doubt since it will take so much development time.

And finally...as you said, I really want multiple explorable areas. I was hoping in 3H, depending which house you picked, in the time skip, your base will be in the country of the house you picked like the castle in Dimitri's country or Edelgards but nope, Monastery the whole way through.
Personally, I didn't particularly care for the gambit mechanic in 3H, so I'd definitely be interested in seeing whatever changes/improvements/additions/general polish is added. Assuming they return in FE 2022, that is.

As far as the story goes, I feel like they'll want to do a single story this time. One of the biggest criticisms of 3H was the amount of recycling, and I think many of the flaws of the writing/story can be attributed to the multi-route stuff, and this game would end up being the 3rd new game in a row, 2nd in a row on Switch alone, that would use the same story gimmick, so I'm thinking they'll ditch the multi-route stuff this time around. Maybe they'll do branching paths within the same story, instead? Maybe only slight diversions before going back on the main story path though, in order to avoid messing up the story or recycling maps or putting too much on their plate in general.

Regardless of what the game is like, I do think it'll have a larger total number of unique maps, at least. Which are hopefully a lot better and more interesting and varied than 3H's maps.

Things the Super Mario Musou will have:

• Incredible music arrangements
  • hordes of goombas, shyguys, and koopa troopas
  • at least one totally made up new villain character(WaPeach?!)
  • rough frame rate
  • Mario will have multiple movesets, Peach and Bowser will maybe have two, everyone else one.​
  • Mario series power-ups placed throughout the maps temporarily effecting your abilities(Stars, Fire Flowers, Mushrooms) will be the big gimmick.​
  • Someone will fight via go kart​
  • a bunch of DLC​
Oh, and some kind of nonsensical Japanese only preorder bonus that you're gonna want anyway.(WaPeach figurine?)

Before Wapeach and Wadaisy, we need to complete the brothers line. We need Wamario and Wuigi first. (I'm aware of the Waluigi/Warui pun so please don't post that Mitt Romney picture again)

Wapeach
f6b.jpg

That moment you want to switch teams to #TeamMarch but it's already too late
I can't blame you. Team March is much more respectable than Team February. Team March actually believes in something. They stand for something. They're free thinkers. Trail blazers. Trendsetters.

Team February is afraid of being hurting, and therefore afraid to live. They've never been themselves a single time in their entire lives. Despite what the rumors say, I do not hate Team February, I merely pity them.

I can't blame you. Team March is much more respectable than Team February. Team March actually believes in something. They stand for something. They're free thinkers. Trail blazers. Trendsetters.

Team February is afraid of being hurting, and therefore afraid to live. They've never been themselves a single time in their entire lives. Despite what the rumors say, I do not hate Team February, I merely pity them.
Yeah!

It's totally not because Omicron is starting to hit Japan now or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom