• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not hate Team February, I merely pity them.
Ati2yEh.webp

Things the Super Mario Musou will have:

• Incredible music arrangements
  • hordes of goombas, shyguys, and koopa troopas
  • at least one totally made up new villain character(WaPeach?!)
  • rough frame rate
  • Mario, Luigi and the new hero OC will have multiple movesets, Peach and Bowser will maybe have two, everyone else one.​
  • Mario series power-ups placed throughout the maps temporarily effecting your abilities(Stars, Fire Flowers, Mushrooms) will be the big gimmick.​
  • Someone will fight via go kart​
  • a bunch of DLC​
Oh, and some kind of nonsensical Japanese only preorder bonus that you're gonna want anyway.(WaPeach figurine?)

Added the bolded to make it what I think will be more true. Luigi already has enough of his own stuff to work with between his standard and Mansion appearances, and then they'll probably make him and the "hero OC" a dumping ground for whatever else they can't fit on Mario.

I told @Raccoon we should have taken action against Team January and now it's too late. The best we can do now is hunker down and hope they'll consume one another once resources are scarce.

I told @Raccoon we should have taken action against Team January and now it's too late. The best we can do now is hunker down and hope they'll consume one another once resources are scarce.
insist otherwise as they might, team january does have an expiration date

as long as we don't start a conflict that turns into a MBE (mass ban event) in the next ten days we can't lose

as long as we don't start a conflict that turns into a MBE (mass ban event) in the next ten days we can't lose
Why does this sound to me like you low-key want to start a conflict that turns into a MBE in the next ten days? 🤣

Added the bolded to make it what I think will be more true. Luigi already has enough of his own stuff to work with between his standard and Mansion appearances, and then they'll probably make him and the "hero OC" a dumping ground for whatever else they can't fit on Mario.
Dang. I didn't mean to snub Luigi like that, but you're absolutely right!

And as for OCs... I really can't even imagine what they will be like, people will either be angry about them like some folks were with Lana and Linkle or love them like with Terrako.

Team February has nerves of steel. Team February measured twice and cut once, with surgical precision. Team February stook a claim on the shortest month of the year. We will score short-handed and never be intimidated by you 31-day monthers.

Is the translation accurate that he said "we will announce the first one next month"? The first one? Maybe Xenoblade and Chrono are being revealed soon. 👀

Edit: @Dark Cloud Great minds think alike (and so do we)
In other words, he is working on many projects and expects one of them to be announced as early as next month.

Mitsuda expects the project he has been working on to be announced in February.🧐

Please be Xenoblade 3. It coincides with the rumoured February Direct, too. 👀

Also, happy belated 50th birthday Mitsuda!

Translation:
"So many people have wished me a happy birthday, thank you very much. I'm sorry I cannot reply individually to all of you. I will repay your kindness to the fullest with my work 😀 The first announcement will take place at the earliest (with a bit of luck) next month, please look forward to it!"

Last edited:
Catching up on this thread… a Mario Musou? Really? Would‘ve much preferred that Star Fox Warriors (Lylat Warriors?) pitch that Laura Kate Dale said KT made to Nintendo, which got turned down in favor of Fire Emblem Warriors.

Speaking of Star Fox, NLG making a new entry would be amazing. I think they could do justice to the idea that Assault explored, with the mixture of on-foot/tank and air combat. Star Fox is the biggest Nintendo IP not represented by a new game or port on Switch, and hopefully we’ll get something soon. Maybe by 2023, which is the series’ 30th anniversary.

Mario Mosou could be pretty great tbh. I can see Mario for example being like Link in Hyrule Warriors in where he has multiple movesets based on different power-ups.

FWIW Nate said he didn't think KT was working on a Mario Musou (or something to that effect) and Grubb said he didn't buy the rumor.

Mario Mosou could be pretty great tbh. I can see Mario for example being like Link in Hyrule Warriors in where he has multiple movesets based on different power-ups.
That or a Kirby one. Those were the next two Nintendo franchises I had in mind since they have tons of characters with different abilities/moves they could use.

When If the direct happens in February, my third party wishes are for news on Sonic Origins, something Mega Man, There are Hori split pad controllers being made for both franchises, so I am crossing my fingers that’s not just a coincidence in Mega Man’s case, since most of those (the split pads) usually come along with a new game. and Silksong.

I’m not itching to play Silksong but I know so many people are and honestly, I just like seeing the world happy at least one day out of the year.

Just a reminder that, even if Nintendo and Monolith Soft aren't 100% on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 being this year, the two games on Switch had 11 months from reveal to release (XBC2) and nearly 9 months from reveal to release (XBC DE)

If Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is currently a late 2022 game (say, Q4), it may still be revealed next month given the trend so far on Switch.

I don't see both Breath of the Wild 2 and Xenoblade 3 releasing in Q4 2022. Nintendo doesn't want the former to overshadow the latter.
This is why I think XC3 will release in Q1 2023, unless Nintendo surprises us with a Summer release.

Chrono Cross fits much better in this situation. Supposed to be a December reveal but delayed, most likely to be revealed next month.

For Xeno 3, I believe Nate. It'll be revealed much later.

Nate is still predicting that Xenoblade 3 will be announced and released this year. But that's just a prediction. I think it's fair to assume that at this current stage, Nate doesn't know the status of Xenoblade 3.

Nate is still predicting that Xenoblade 3 will be announced and released this year. But that's just a prediction. I think it's fair to assume that at this current stage, Nate doesn't know the status of Xenoblade 3.
I expect to see Xeno 3 to be revealed at September Direct (just like Xeno 1) to be released in summer 2023. All four big games (BotW2, Bayo3, Fire Emblem and Xeno 3) are just too much imo (there might be even more), one of them has to slip into 2023. If what Nate says is true, it can't be FE as 2023 is supposed to have another FE.

Mitsuda's tweet implies there will be more than more projects he's been working on and the first one will be revealed next month. It's most certainly Chrono Cross.

Just to gather my thoughts:

Let's assume Mitsuda is indeed talking about videogame projects and not something like albums. He could be, but just for the sake of simplicity.

There are currently 2 heavily rumored (neither officially confirmed) games Mitsuda could be involved with: Xenoblade 3 and Chrono Cross remaster. Multiple games could also be implied in this Mitsuda tweet ("the first announcement")

We first "officially" heard about the former in an interview with Takahashi around Xenoblade DE's release. How they had started planning/development of a new game alongside Xenoblade DE at the time they were finishing Torna. Last year there were insider rumblings about how said new game would be Xenoblade 3. Despite some odd statements about the development of the game being smooth and in its final stages, apparently it was supposed to come out at the end of 2021 but severe optimization issues have delayed the game to 2022, potentially 2023.

For the latter, we first saw it in the famous Nvidia leaks last year. Then a curious interview with an Irish singer surfaced where she talked about a "remake" of a Playstation game that she wrote lyrics for, and how said game would be revealed at Christmas (which didn't happen). Several people found a connection with Mitsuda and guessed the title was said Chrono Cross remaster. In December an insider from Xboxera outright said the game she was talking about was a multiplatform Chrono Cross remaster, and other insiders and journalists have corroborated its existence since then.

So which one do you think is more likely to be announced in a February Direct. I'm betting on the latter as a remaster that supposedly isn't going through development trouble. Especially seeing how apparently Nintendo has titles like Fire Emblem right around the corner on top of everything else already announced.

a 2nd half year with a brand new Fire Emblem, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime HD, something Pokémon related and one between XC3 and Botw2 would be pretty dope. Hope everything will turn out true.

Ladies and gentlemen i present to you #TeamJune
Y’know some years they set themselves up perfectly for that. If enough gets announced the year prior you can just do a series-specific direct and like two trailer/release date reveals and you’re good

the everybody game could probably get a twitter announcement

the rest of the quarter I have no idea. there could be a splatoon direct and it ends up in q2. then the june direct finishes out the year

I don't know why they'd do that but I guess they could

the everybody game could probably get a twitter announcement

the rest of the quarter I have no idea. there could be a splatoon direct and it ends up in q2. then the june direct finishes out the year

I don't know why they'd do that but I guess they could
They won't though because team February will obviously be victorious.

They won't though because team February will obviously be victorious.
yeah, we all knew it would be february once the kirby date happened exactly as yoshi did in 2019. we're following the 2019 pattern very closely, right up to still needing a june game announced

I can't blame you. Team March is much more respectable than Team February. Team March actually believes in something. They stand for something. They're free thinkers. Trail blazers. Trendsetters.

Team February is afraid of being hurting, and therefore afraid to live. They've never been themselves a single time in their entire lives. Despite what the rumors say, I do not hate Team February, I merely pity them.
Legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom