• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A tour port with no gacha that has every character and skin for a flat $60 would be an instant purchase for me actually haha

That game’s roster is great

This is assuming the game is retooled to handle like a console Mario kart though. Quite honestly it was a great single player game for a while for me, I liked collecting grand stars. It’s the GAAS aspect that put me off continuing.

(But yeah, sometimes I'm just shitposting without even thinking.)
Hey, shitposting withouteven thinking is the name of the game here.

I just get riled up when people specifically say troll stuff like that, is all.

We can all hope that one day the Direct will be just 40 minutes of Miyamoto, Koizumi, Takahashi, Aonuma, Nogami, Furukawa, Bowser and few others reading FamiBoards and reacting to it.

skeptical.gif

giphy.gif

We can all hope that one day the Direct will be just 40 minutes of Miyamoto, Koizumi, Takahashi, Aonuma, Nogami, Furukawa, Bowser and few others reading FamiBoards and reacting to it.
I hope they'll read Future Hardware thread. They should take notes on successor's direction form there. DLSS, people, DLSS!

Zombie Army 4, Remnant From the Ashes and Alan Wake Remastered are leaked for Switch.
Marvel Midnight Sun, Kingdom Come and Gollum were confirmed for Switch.

And i think its likely that there are ports of Mass Effect Trilogy, Borderlands 3, Devil May Cry 4, Desperados 3 and The King of Fighters XV

I’d snap up Mass Effect Trilogy and Borderlands 3 if they do come to Switch, I’m unsure on Marvel Midnight Sun as the battle system doesn’t look great to me

If we get Borderlands 3 I wonder if that new Tiny Tina game might come to Switch eventually also.

1st direct of the year is here.

That’s cool. Didn’t the do one before.

The 60-minute broadcast will feature “a boatload of new updates,” including “never-before-seen gameplay sneak peeks” and downloadable content for a selection of games, as well as “a hair-raisingly exciting MEGA ANNOUNCEMENT!”

This is going to be 60 minutes long. Geez lol. Also a mega announcement.

Last edited:
Some third party ports/remasters I'd like to see -

Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
The Zero Escape Trilogy
killer7
Shadows of the Damned
Lollipop Chainsaw
Senran Kagura Burst Renewal
Sakura Wars
DJMax Respect V
Dragon's Crown Pro
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Muramasa Rebirth
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Onechanbara Z2 Chaos
Onechanbara Origin

Finished Banjo-Kazooie 100% last night, that was one hell of a trip down memory lane. Last time I played that to completion I would've been 9 or 10 years old.

Has there been any indication that Tooie will be added at some point?

Finished Banjo-Kazooie 100% last night, that was one hell of a trip down memory lane. Last time I played that to completion I would've been 9 or 10 years old.

I don't think so, but I really hope it does get added!

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Still don't understand why this hasn't happened yet. Did Capcom pause porting older games to Switch just to focus on the two big MH games in 2021?

DMC4 has gotta be a 2022 Capcom Switch release. Sunbreak cannot be their only thing for Switch this year and that's not even a full game.

Hasn't been announced but I feel confident of it arriving on NSO at some point. I don't really see why Microsoft would be against it being on there considering they let BK show up.

Still don't understand why this hasn't happened yet. Did Capcom pause porting older games to Switch just to focus on the two big MH games in 2021?

DMC4 has gotta be a 2022 Capcom Switch release. Sunbreak cannot be their only thing for Switch this year and that's not even a full game.

I could see it happening this year. It's the perfect announcement for a third-party montage during a Direct.

Both 2D Mario and Pikmin are due at this point. This year NSMBU turns a decade old and Pikmin 3 turns 9 years old.

Both 2D Mario and Pikmin are due at this point. This year NSMBU turns a decade old and Pikmin 3 turns 9 years old.
the difference is that 2D Mario is a massive brand while Pikmin is a weak and sporadic one

there's money to be made in 2D Mario, but none in Pikmin

I miss the old Nintendo when they could release NSMBU and Pikmin 3 1 year appart.
In 2012 they released : Fire Emblem Awakening, Pikmin 3, Animal Crossing, Luigi's mansion 2, Tomodachi life, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, Pokémon X/Y, Zelda A Link between world, 3D World. 2012 and 2014 were as strong.

But I guess it's the price of HD development.

Been having an off day so not on much today.

I came to say I am bringing the original Craig Spowser avatar back for my support of Team February

Third and final thread giveaway
I wish I had taken the time to do this before the incredible Pokémon launch, but I figure that it's better to do it now than later still.

So, January is almost over. Yes, there's still hope among the most stalwart members of #TeamJanuary, but others may be wavering a bit. I can imagine that many would want to give up and change their forum titles.

You may recall that a contingency of the forum title change was that users not change it until the raffle is drawn. However, only the winning team would be eligible for the raffle, so there was no incentive for anyone to wear their team colors after losing.

That's why I'm excited to announce the third and final giveaway for this thread: an additional raffle that will be among just those who changed their forum titles and retained them for the full hype season, regardless of what team wins. This will be drawn at the same time as the winning team's raffle, so please look forward to it.

Similarly, if you're interested in the Build-A-Direct contest and giveaway, please check the threadmarks for that. There haven't been too many submissions so far, and if we don't hit at least ten I won't do the giveaway. Pressure your friends!

Sorry for the long post.

the difference is that 2D Mario is a massive brand while Pikmin is a weak and sporadic one

there's money to be made in 2D Mario, but none in Pikmin
Luckily Nintendo cares more about soul than money...

Right?!

Luckily Nintendo cares more about soul than money...

Right?!
I think they care about both. On the subject of 2D Mario Given the high quality of indie games (visually) the NSMB look is really sterile and kind of repulsive to me these days. I hope they do another 2D Mario but with a different art style. Some sort of HD-3D Pixel Art would be kind of awesome actually, but maybe too niche? I'm sure Nintendo can come up with something.

I think they care about both. On the subject of 2D Mario Given the high quality of indie games (visually) the NSMB look is really sterile and kind of repulsive to me these days. I hope they do another 2D Mario but with a different art style. Some sort of HD-3D Pixel Art would be kind of awesome actually, but maybe too niche? I'm sure Nintendo can come up with something.
I've been playing nsmb Wii and it is very good, I think with new power ups and fun stages, money will rain as usual with a new 2d one. The only think that bothers me is that Nintendo seems to forgot the Wii u was a thing different to the switch, so, new entries in the Mario 2d and 3d world saga seems unlikely to happen in this generation... Which is unfair to say the least.

Haven't posted in weeks, is there any decent indication that a Nintendo Direct is happening in 3 weeks or less? I know Nintendo has done a Feb Direct for the past 3 years, but I was wondering if there is/are any recent rumor(s)? To be honest I do think (and hope!) a direct is shown in the middle of the month.

Haven't posted in weeks, is there any decent indication that a Nintendo Direct is happening in 3 weeks or less? I know Nintendo has done a Feb Direct for the past 3 years, but I was wondering if there is/are any recent rumor(s)? To be honest I do think (and hope!) a direct is shown in the middle of the month.
I don’t know if it’s a confirmed pattern but Nintendo seems to do a Direct a couple weeks after a major tentpole release goes out. Arceus is the current major tentpole and we don’t know the release calendar after Kirby.

Next week is also earnings week so there will probably not be a direct because of that although there might some minor news around that event.

So the current expectation by most people on #TeamFebruary is something in two weeks at the earliest due to the above two reasons.

Powerslave Exhumed release date being leaked for Feb 10 has me wondering if it was meant to be a shadow drop. Feb 10 is a Thursday and mid Feb is a very common timeframe for Directs. 🤔

Maybe a bit of a stretch though, as Powerslave is probably more suited for an Indie direct.

Probably any Direct isn’t happening until mid February. As the first week contains Nintendo’s nine month earnings. And, it would probably be a good time to start dating releases in between that and closer to their fiscal year briefing.

so my biggest problem with this game is that it doesn't feel fun to play

I'm not sure how it would work on a controller but if it handled differently I think I'd play it
I remember finding the Tour beta way too easy and a bit dull, but I was still playing it every day for whatever reason.

Then I discovered the whole point was the combo system and the game was immediately addicting. It doesn't play like other Mario Karts, you're just always trying to be doing something in order to keep the points going up. It was very hard to put down.

Then the beta ended and I had to put it down. I never picked up the full release.

No.

I honestly think Tour could be a bigger hit for them if they added in more characters and tweaked the gameplay a bit. While also getting a little more fantastical with their tracks based on real locations. Nintendo it still hesitant to go full gacha or at least all in on mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom