• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
a shadow-dropped monday mini (lmao) would mean the following

a win for team january, even if it's the first in japan

the thread wouldn't end until either the first direct or March 31st

a shadow-dropped monday mini (lmao) would mean the following

a win for team january, even if it's the first in japan

the thread wouldn't end until either the first direct or March 31st
A mini direct and Team January winning? Talk about a lose-lose situation.

New Board(s) for Mario Party Superstars
Advance Wars blowout
Splatoon 3 hey look out for this game specific direct
fire emblem announcement and date
many third party video games available on the nintendo switch family of consoles
stinger: xenoblade 3 or 2d DK OR Zelda title reveal if they are super confident its making 2022

Everybody's Switch held for a twitter drop

Haven't most Directs been on February?
Pedantically, no

Taking your question in the presumed sense of "haven't most Q1 Directs been in February?" then also no. But if we look at the more reasonable set of "Q1 Directs in the Switch era" then yes, though it's only a 2-1 lead for February there, if we're speaking about full-length General Directs (2019 and 2021, with 2017 having an April Direct and the January Switch presentation, 2018 having a Mini in January and a full Direct in March, and 2020 having a Mini in March)

Edit: I should note for the sake of team loyalty that this is using the inferior definition of months and not the superior #TeamJanuaryAlwaysWins definition, where all Directs have of course taken place in January

Reset the clock 😭
5rn4p06.gif

I would like to stress this is not an advocation of violence, it's just my favorite No gif due to the sheer dramatic intensity

Team January when there is no Direct on January 31st:

This missed announcement might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew it wasn't set in stone that they would do Direct in January but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew a Direct in January was expected, they should've just done it.

Team February always wins, remember that.

lol. the so-called Team """""February""""" think they can win by creating a fake month. Next time you all will say that horses are real.

This missed announcement might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew it wasn't set in stone that they would do Direct in January but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew a Direct in January was expected, they should've just done it.

Somebody had to do this. Surprised it took till the last couple days. 😂

Me when I see this:

OMG SO TRUEE!!!!

Team January when they see this:

OMG SO TRUEE!!!!

😏

So like… what do y’all think actually happened to the Q1 2020 Direct? Would there have never been one? Was it to be in March? Perhaps April?

So like… what do y’all think actually happened to the Q1 2020 Direct? Would there have never been one? Was it to be in March? Perhaps April?
I imagine it would've happened in February but was delayed and drastically changed when their schedule was

the mario direct was supposed to be in april iirc

To be honest I don't think they had a plan for a general in Q1 apart from the Mini. The big marketing focus for that year was always going to be Mario and it's likely 2020 was always going to be somewhat light in terms of major new releases.

Think about how that year was playing out:

January: Pokemon Direct, Smash Bros Direct
February: Animal Crossing Direct
March: Mini Direct
April: [Mario Direct]

They had a steady set of marketing events in the first quarter and Mario in April would've capped it off. I think the only thing that got pushed back and changed was the Mario Direct. With that, plus the Mini, they'd have announced a good chunk of 2020's line up and other games (Hyrule Warriors etc) were likely going to be E3 announcements.

They had a steady set of marketing events in the first quarter and Mario in April would've capped it off. I think the only thing that got pushed back and changed was the Mario Direct. With that, plus the Mini, they'd have announced a good chunk of 2020's line up and other games (Hyrule Warriors etc) were likely going to be E3 announcements.
I quess if Covid didn't slow development Splatoon 3 would be announced at E3 2020 and released year after that as it was reported. And another EPD titles would probably be shown.

Is it possible to get a Direct this upcoming week or is it less likely because of the financial results?
Welllll they could do it the day before just to have some more dates ready for investors, but maybe not. The meeting itself won’t effect the likelihood of a Direct imo, but my expectations for this are just for them to announce Everybody’s Horse Shit game, just to have some other dated release for investors

Welllll they could do it the day before just to have some more dates ready for investors, but maybe not. The meeting itself won’t effect the likelihood of a Direct imo, but my expectations for this are just for them to announce Everybody’s Horse Shit game, just to have some other dated release for investors
Everybody’s Horse Shit casual game. If it’s this the title then im sold

I'm trying to think of what the Everybody's Horse game would be. The only game I can think of that had horses and didn't review well was Mario Sports Superstars, but that's not really a casual game.

I'm trying to think of what the Everybody's Horse game would be. The only game I can think of that had horses and didn't review well was Mario Sports Superstars, but that's not really a casual game.
It's probably a 1-2 Switch sequel, with the "horseperson" being a cowboy.

it's all but confirmed to be 1-2 Switch, the horseperson was a red herring

Joy-con drift issues plus Switch Lite being a thing means this will be very interesting if they stick to the original’s format.
I forgot where i read it, but I believe in the Switch OLED hardware interviews, Nintendo engineers admitted to the drift being a problem but also noted that while on the surface the overall design hasn't changed they've already tweaked the Joycon designs and materials iteratively since. So I'm not even sure how big of an issue it is given Switch sales have exploded, joycon drift stories haven't kept pace.

I just came here to say... TEAM FEBRUARY WINS!!! (...probably...unless Nintendo decides not to do one in February either) xD

Personally I would really dislike a XC 1 2 compared to a 2 2.

I don't like some of XC2's character designs and the aforementioned boobie humor, but for me it's like, far better than XC1 on every other level. Gameplay, story, characters, setting, themes, soundtrack, etc.

Just cut down on the problematic elements in the next game and you're golden.
Yeah, pretty much this, except the "problematic" part, let Takahashi do whatever he wants please... :p even the bizarre parts are part of its soul now.

You know what they say about March?

In like a lion, out like a lamb.

You know what they say about February?

Weak ass baby month, not even 30 days smh

the notion that february specifically does not exist is very amusing to me
When I rented an apartment I always hated February more then anything. You pay the same rent for a month that's 2-3 days shorter than any other.

It's a ripoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom