• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real question is does Nintendo add motion controls back to Twilight Princes and make right handed link the standard for that game again? Left handed link is the best, so I hope not.
you know, they might

it really depends on what their internal hopes were for Skyward Sword HD, I think

if they exceeded their expectations, they might do it as an option. it took quite a bit of work for Skyward Sword, though it would likely be less complicated for Twilight Princess

but if not, they’d probably leave it more in line with the Wii U controls as the definitive style

Nintendo should port Paper Mario Color Splash and The Thousand Year Door plus Super Paper Mario. Also the good back half of Sticker Star lol. Just get everything Paper Mario on there.

I do wonder if Nintendo's gonna make us wait until the backend of February for the Direct this time around, just as they did in September last year.

Tune in 2/9 at 2pm PT for a #NintendoDirect livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focused on games coming to #NintendoSwitch in the first half of 2021.

That's my guess lol

Damn, Nintendo pouring salt in the wound of #TeamJanuary members by reminding them the month is over ... πŸ˜†πŸ˜

/s joking, I know this is always a thing

So I've been out of the loop for a while, what are Everybody Switch and Stinky Horse? Are they pseudonyms for rumoured actual games? Or are they forum memes?
Rumor from Emily Rogers that there is a casual game in development that is a β€œstinker” (i.e. a bad game) and has a horse person in it. The title would also have the word β€œEverybody.”

So I've been out of the loop for a while, what are Everybody Switch and Stinky Horse? Are they pseudonyms for rumoured actual games? Or are they forum memes?
They're names for a single rumored game: a bad sequel to 1-2 Switch, believed to at least at one point have been called "Everybody Switch"

Rumor from Emily Rogers that there is a casual game in development that is a β€œstinker” (i.e. a bad game) and has a horse person in it. The title would also have the word β€œEverybody.”
They're names for a single rumored game: a bad sequel to 1-2 Switch, believed to at least at one point have been called "Everybody Switch"
Ahhhhhh okay. Thanks for the explanation lads!

My TeamMarch senses are telling me that at the exact moment a February Direct announcement seems the most likely, Nintendo will instead announce Horsin' Around on twitter.

There's no way you can earnestly think anything not niche or anime Nintendo puts out bombing is even a possibility when GBG sold a million.

For most people the Wii U HD remasters essentially don't exist, it's may as well be a brand new thing.

Look, I get it, you want games for cheap and so do I but coping like this is no good. They will be $59.99 plus tax each with little to no new content and you will buy them anyway.
Crafted World, a brand new entry on Switch, had last known numbers of 1.84 million. I absolutely think they are not going to look at that and go β€œwe should port the previous one and sell it for the same price.” Call it cope all you want. I know Nintendo is going to price their games at $60 whenever they can. I predict Prime remaster will be $60 despite the games previous being bundled as $50 before based on the sales potential. I absolutely believe the case is not the same for Woolly World and they will determine that, if they port it, a lower price is necessary. I could be wrong; but that’s what I think.

As for WWHD and TPHD, I don’t think a bundle is the only option. But what I DONT think will happen is separate $60 releases of both, with zero changes from the Wii U version. Maybe they’ll each get bonus content or something. For reasons that these are games that have already been ported to the Wii U. This will be their second go round, and we haven’t seen an example of that on switch. So it’s up in the air and I don’t think my prediction is any less valid than just saying they’ll both be $60.

Anyway if FE is really scheduled for this year then I think that I’ll wait for a sale to buy Triangle Strategy.
That game looks cool and I love Team Asano, but I didn’t like Octopath at all, so maybe it’s better to wait…

At the same time the thing that I didn’t like in OT was that the characters didn’t interact (I know that for someone is a minor thing but for me is a major problem. I can play a game with a shit story if the characters and their interactions are good but not the other way around. I bought the game wondering how they would have handled it just to discover that they didn’t handle it at all lmao)
But IMO that doesn’t seem the case with this game so I’m more curious about it…

We will see, I have tons of jrpgs in my backlog so I can always wait for a sale at this point :/

(Also am I the only one that want a BD2 dlc too?😭)
The characters interact in Octopath Traveler, just not during the main cutscenes. Instead they interact in skits that are prompted if you have certain characters in the party at certain points. What I do wish the game had was a cutscene viewer where you can watch all the cutscenes and skits you've already seen like in the Bravely Default series.

Do y'all remember the dark days of waiting for a Direct in 2020? Or literally just any Nintendo news? Wild, wild times.

Nintendo put out as much content as they would in a normal year of General Directs in 2020, it was just split up across more videos/directs due to coordination breakdown with the pandemic first starting, so a lot of 3rd party and 1st party stuff had to be separated out or delayed a bit.

They didn't have a full Nintendo Direct presentation in 2020 but they still had 20 Direct-style videos across Pokemon Presents, Indie Directs, Direct mini's/ partner directs, Animal Crossing Direct, Mario 35th Anniversary direct, etc That's nearly double the amount of Direct-style presentations they had in 2021.

Last edited:
Honestly, I could fit the direct in any week. Feb has ended up being an insane month for my personal taste gaming wise that a direct is just the cherry on top.

Next week: Olli Olli World/Sifu
Following week: Horizon
The week after: the goat Elden Ring

The only thing that sucks is I won’t be able to complain about video games for a while which we all know is more important than playing them.

Do y'all remember the dark days of waiting for a Direct in 2020? Or literally just any Nintendo news? Wild, wild times.
It was pretty hilarious and ugly at the same time. There was nothing dated going into that year besides Animal Crossing. The reaction of the Smash reveal of Byleth was, let's just say, loud. After February came and went, we started getting the silly narrative of "Nintendo is just waiting for Animal Crossing to release to talk about anything else." Then you had the Mini Direct of March which was rather deflating. That was right when COVID really set the world on fire, so everything was put on hold (totally understandable). Then late April/early May, the rumors of the Mario 3D collection merged and that discussion lead to "when are they going to announce it?" We started to get a couple of Twitter drops for Paper Mario, Pikmin, Hyrule Warriors, and Pokemon Snap here and there. In July the direct rumors were swirling and then we get a Partner Direct. Looking back, we did see two SMT games in that direct, but the fanbase was going nuts. The Mario direct brought back some sanity, but that thirst for the direct was pretty large. And oh yea, Bukugan.

Luckily Nintendo rebounded pretty good in 2021. A lot of great games and announcements last year.

Last edited:
Several of them, actually!

wiiuchart8gkp3.png

This is outdated because SM3DW and Fatal Frame/Project Zero 5 have been rereleased in the meantime. Credit goes to @mazi

Also I'm a little bit upset that they haven't ported the single player from Splatoon
Would love a Kirby and the Rainbow Curse port. It was a delight, and already feels forgotten (including by me). Obsessed with the clay asthetic.

I'm predicting that everybody switch rumoured game is gonna be some weirdo tetris99 esque game that shadowdrops on the day of the direct.

Several of them, actually!

wiiuchart8gkp3.png

This is outdated because SM3DW and Fatal Frame/Project Zero 5 have been rereleased in the meantime. Credit goes to @mazi

Also I'm a little bit upset that they haven't ported the single player from Splatoon

Not pictured: Wii Sports Club. They would have to change the name, but I NEED my waggle tennis.

The release/monetization model was unique for Nintendo, or any console game to my knowledge. You could rent it 24h at a time, or buy the sports outright individually, or buy the disc and treat it the same as the original Wii Sports. Of course a big part of that was probably a ploy to release the game piecemeal to launch it alongside Wii Party U and Wii Fit U despite it not being wholly ready, in desperate hope that blue ocean casuals would bail out the failing console, and the data on an experimental release model was just a nice bonus.

Finally reaching the point, do you think Switch Sports Club could possibly be one of their fringe benefits for NSO? With a standalone release for non-subscribers, like Animal Crossing's DLC. I think that model would also work for NES Remix.

I just love that I can no longer keep up with this thread since the month started πŸ˜†. We’re definitely in the endgame now.

My head tells me it'll be the ninth.

My heart tells me it'll be two weeks later because Nintendo wants to give me a birthday present of announcing Pokemon x Boku no Natsuyasumi

I heard that Nintendo is shadowdropping an Ebay app so that everyone can go buy a Wii U to play Xenoblade Chronicles X

My head tells me it'll be the ninth.

My heart tells me it'll be two weeks later because Nintendo wants to give me a birthday present of announcing Pokemon x Boku no Natsuyasumi
I think the only really likely days are the 9th, 16th, or 17th in February. Much as it would be cool for you to get that birthday present! But I think that the last week (the 23rd/24th) probably puts it too close to Pokemon Day (Feb 27th) which will very likely feature a Pokemon Presents/Direct/whatever of some kind. I don't think Nintendo would put a Direct only a few days one way or the other of that, which IMO also rules out March 2nd and 3rd.

Plot twist; Mario Kart 9 is actually DLC for 8. Priced at $9.99.
Honestly I’d be down with this, considering last time we got half a game’s worth of courses, 6 characters, 8 vehicles, and new skins for Shy Guy and Yoshi all for $12

Today's almost over.

Weekends go by fast.

Mondays get people busy again.

Direct is announced on Tuesday and airs on Wednesday.

It's like two days away, really.

It'll go by like that.

This is going to be a long weekend waiting for the direct.

This is also going to be a long weekend because it is the off weekend before the Super Bowl

Today's almost over.

Weekends go by fast.

Mondays get people busy again.

Direct is announced on Tuesday and airs on Wednesday.

It's like two days away, really.

It'll go by like that.
But Tuesday isn't the 15th :)

Oh of course, wasn't trying to imply otherwise. But the wording of the tweet often leads people to incorrectly assume they'll only show first half, etc.
It's honestly funny how we still get posts talking after Direct announcements wondering whether there'll be games outside of the "focus zone" even though that's been the case every time

Everybody Switch is what we're calling a rumored game hinted at by Emily based on some clues she gave us

Stinky Horse... I dunno, ask @Suswave

I voted the 9th or the 10th. Latest I see it is the following week. Next week just feels so right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom