• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario Musou huh

Nintendo: So Koei-Temco my dudes, we've been very happy with our collaboration for the past few years

K-T: I know right? It's been a while since we had this much success overall.

Nintendo: so, after several projects like Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, what are you guys up for?

K-T: Oh man think of the possibillities, there are so many!

Nintendo: Right? So we were thinking, about Ninja Gaiden or maybe Dead or Aliv-

K-T: Oh we already have the perfect pitch.

Nintendo: O-oh, really? Lets hear it then.

K-T: Hand gestures Super Mario Warriors

Nintendo: Uh, yeah, thats great and all but we feel th-

K-T: S U P E R M A R I O W A R R I O R S

Nintendo: Sure bu-

K-T: S U P E R M A R I O W A R R I O R S ヽ(ಠ_ಠ)ノ

Nintendo: Okay. Yeah. Fine. Whatever.

Was it more or less "it's bound to happen soon" type of reasoning?
No, it was to do with the (I think) character models and sports Nintendo use on their website, or something? Something to do with baseball still being mentioned and present in recent changes. It wasn't entirely unhinged, but it's not like it was cast-iron proof something is coming.

Well big rip to Mario Baseball being the other Mario for the year, Mario Musou time I guess (Unless Rabbids doesn't make the year mind you, there's no way the year ends without at least two Marios)

Bank on it: Jump Up Superstar will absolutely play when Pauline uses her Musou attack.

Where did baseball come from?

Literally me lol.

I posted this a few pages back. I wasn't trying to manifest it specifically, it just stuck out to me as odd. Made me think they might have plans for it on Switch eventually.

To be honest it's kind of dumb lol. But bear with me for a moment. It mostly has to do with Nintendo's Japanese Mario site, and this is what I wrote about it before:

Look, go onto Nintendo's Japanese Mario website. Scroll down to where it says Mario Plays.. Are you there? So which four game series they feel like plugging? Kart, Tennis, Golf, and wait who is that? Oh it's just Baseball.

Okay well that's random chance. Sure. Now go down to the Character page. You can see the Mario cast here. Now click that yellow rectangle to see some alt looks. Oh hey, three of 'em play baseball now lol. Odd. Not even one golf alt. No soccer anywhere. Got 150 different character renders for everybody to choose from and yet three of them get baseball themed ones. huh.

Sure it's conspiracy, but it does make sense that they keep putting out Mario Sports titles on Switch. Ya'll see how they sell. They are the definition of a dependable million seller. They do just exactly what Nintendo needs them to.

For those who caught this the first time around, I actually got curious and used the Wayback machine to find that before the Switch launched, the site listed even more Sports that Mario Plays: Basketball, Snowboarding, Soccer.(you need to scroll down to find it, but it's there) Yet when they relaunched the Mario site for the Switch era, only Kart, Golf, Tennis, and Baseball remained.

Maybe it's nothing tho

logo-low.png

Mario X Portal crossover confirmed?

Actually wait, didn't the president of KT recently make it clear that he wanted a Mario musou to happen?
Koei Tecmo's President Would Love To See A Super Mario
I doubt it's been enough time since then for the thing to be out this year
He's been saying it for years. Since the first Hyrule Warriors released actually.

logo-low.png

Mario X Portal crossover confirmed?
Ugh. These damn web designers are ruining all of Nintendo's big Direct surprises. 😡

I really want a new IP from Nintendo. ARMS didn't do it for me, Ring Fit is nice, but I'd like something more traditional. Astral Chain was amazing, hope a sequel is a possibility in the future.

This year will already be great for me if it has either a Fire Emblem or Xenoblade. I'm already getting Splatoon 3 and MHR Sunbreak. BotW 2 would just be a bonus.

I advise all Fire Emblem fans to NOT play the Genealogy of the Holy War remake. That game is a flawless masterpiece and playing it will turn you into a Fire Emblem elitist. At the time I played FE4, the only games in the series I hadn't played yet were FE1, FE2, and FE5, so I was already a big fan of the series and believed that I knew what made a good Fire Emblem game. FE4 made me hate all out Fire Emblems (expect FE5) for not being nearly as good. I was a pure, innocent lad, but now I sleep with a Kaga body pillow. I hate all rout the enemy maps, no exceptions. I play Thracia ironmans to have a good time. Do not become like me.

FE4 is better than Super Mario World. It's better than A Link to the Past. Better than Super Metroid. Better than Final Fantasy VI. Better than Dragon Quest V. Better than Chrono Trigger. Better than Donkey Kong Country. Better than Yoshi's Island. Better than Earthbound. Better than Star Fox. Better than Super Mario RPG. Better than every other game on the SNES, one of the top ten games ever made, and you should NOT play it. You will be happier in a world where you do not understand how good Fire Emblem games could be, and how far they have drifted off course, never to return. Live in willful ignorance. Believe that the maps are too big rather than being impeccably designed to use that extra space. Make your jokes about the one part you know of the story. Whatever you do, don't play the Genealogy of the Holy War remake.

I hope I have convinced you all the do the right thing. #TeamJanuary

I advise all Fire Emblem fans to NOT play the Genealogy of the Holy War remake. That game is a flawless masterpiece and playing it will turn you into a Fire Emblem elitist. At the time I played FE4, the only games in the series I hadn't played yet were FE1, FE2, and FE5, so I was already a big fan of the series and believed that I knew what made a good Fire Emblem game. FE4 made me hate all out Fire Emblems (expect FE5) for not being nearly as good. I was a pure, innocent lad, but now I sleep with a Kaga body pillow. I hate all rout the enemy maps, no exceptions. I play Thracia ironmans to have a good time. Do not become like me.

FE4 is better than Super Mario World. It's better than A Link to the Past. Better than Super Metroid. Better than Final Fantasy VI. Better than Dragon Quest V. Better than Chrono Trigger. Better than Donkey Kong Country. Better than Yoshi's Island. Better than Earthbound. Better than Star Fox. Better than Super Mario RPG. Better than every other game on the SNES, one of the top ten games ever made, and you should NOT play it. You will be happier in a world where you do not understand how good Fire Emblem games could be, and how far they have drifted off course, never to return. Live in willful ignorance. Believe that the maps are too big rather than being impeccably designed to use that extra space. Make your jokes about the one part you know of the story. Whatever you do, don't play the Genealogy of the Holy War remake.

I hope I have convinced you all the do the right thing. #TeamJanuary
I'm currently playing through FE4, started over a year ago and am going through it at a snail pace. It is indeed amazing, a different kind of amazing from the other FE games I've played. And I've played every western released games (TMS doesn't count).

But it's not THAT good! I'm still at the early chapters of gen 2. It shows its age, balance isn't all that great, it misses lots of QoL from recent games and the writing could be more fleshed out. Mounted units are far more usable than infantry because of the huge maps, some hidden secrets are a bit too hidden. It's impossible to find without a guide, and some characters aren't fleshed out because of lack of story elements surrounding them. Some characters are screwed from being great because of stuff that carries over like skill inheritence and holy blood.

Though I think this style of FE has lots of potential. I love the multi objectives on the huge maps, being able to repair weapons and such. I think a remake could improve on things.

Oooh a Mario Musou would be a if they give them as much creative control as they did over Hyrule Warriors to celebrate the series.... but I'm doubtful of that. If they take a AoC approach and file it down to one universe I wouldn't be as excited.

Let me mow down piantas and play as queen bee

Well big rip to Mario Baseball being the other Mario for the year, Mario Musou time I guess (Unless Rabbids doesn't make the year mind you, there's no way the year ends without at least two Marios)
Why rip? What has changed outside of you learning where the conversation came from? (Which, I haven't seen the discussion about Namco Bandai's next project mentioned here)

Nick from Xboxera does not have a pristine track record. Just last year he said there was big Nintendo + Microsoft stuff happening in the fall, which apparently wasn't Banjo or Goldeneye on NSO, and also said Perfect Dark was coming to the service before the end of last year.

Why rip? What has changed outside of you learning where the conversation came from? (Which, I haven't seen the discussion about Namco Bandai's next project mentioned here)
I went over this a few pages back, but Nintendo seems to release two or three 'Mario' games each year. Considering the ridiculous amount of stuff we already know Nintendo has coming this year, it would likely only be two, and if the new rumours are to be believed, musou and Rabbids 2 could both be on track for this year, leaving the I guess hotly talked about "baseball rumour" to either be nothing, or a 2023 release. This isn't even taking into account the fact that some believe that Nintendo needs to have a BIG Mario (2D, 3D, or Kart) out for the holidays to coincide with the movie, so that puts baseball even further down the likely list.

I went over this a few pages back, but Nintendo seems to release two or three 'Mario' games each year. Considering the ridiculous amount of stuff we already know Nintendo has coming this year, it would likely only be two, and if the new rumours are to be believed, musou and Rabbids 2 could both be on track for this year, leaving the I guess hotly talked about "baseball rumour" to either be nothing, or a 2023 release. This isn't even taking into account the fact that some believe that Nintendo needs to have a BIG Mario (2D, 3D, or Kart) out for the holidays to coincide with the movie, so that puts baseball even further down the likely list.
Ahh I see, a few days back gotcha

Makes sense, I could see Baseball being a fall announcement for an early 23 release. perhaps.

It has a chance for this year. FE is just locked in for 2022, unlike XBC3.
Awesome. I’ll always still hold out hope for XC3 but a new FE is definitely enough to keep me happy with the rest of nintendos confirmed and speculated games for the year.

I'm somewhat surprised at KT's next FE coming this year and FE4R coming in '23 but I guess it makes sense that they would have three years between their last big games, Three Houses and Origami King respectively. I just hope they had enough time to improve some of the more repetitive aspects of Three Houses if it follows the same template.

As for FE4R (no, I won't change it) pray to god they rebalance that shit and speed everything up a bit.

I'm somewhat surprised at KT's next FE coming this year and FE4R coming in '23 but I guess it makes sense that they would have three years between their last big games, Three Houses and Origami King respectively. I just hope they had enough time to improve some of the more repetitive aspects of Three Houses if it follows the same template.

As for FE4R (no, I won't change it) pray to god they rebalance that shit and speed everything up a bit.
If anything, I'll give it to KT on how fast they pump out games lol.

As for FE4R (lol), I fear it will be VERY faithful similar to Echoes. That game was almost 1:1 remake, same map, same game mechanics (with some new ones), same stat growths and sprinkle some new QoL features such as the turn wheel.

Still, more FE games makes me really happy and I'm genuinely excited to see how the new FE game looks like since I expect it to look more decent than TH.

FE4R is very confusing because at first glance it looks very much like you're talking about the 4th game in the FEAR series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom