• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Joined the forums to read the hidden content but I'm too dumb to understand it. I only understand this stuff in terms of Gamecubes duct taped together :(
somewhere around 400ish gamecubes in a trench coat i think. found some numbers saying the the gamecube had 9 gflops and the ps4 pro had 4000. That's about 400 gamecubes.

I'm going to try to really cherish the switch before its demise

take it to a park, or a library or something

maybe just keep it in my pocket and pretend it had play coins

fantasize about having sufficient rizz to walk up to women and ask if they want to play mario kart

remember takahashi's instructions to go out into the world and share the joy of nintendo switch with everyone

and finally wonder why he has forsaken that beautiful dream...

so Nintendo definitly won't shut this forum down right?
I don't see what they could really do? We're discussing public information and no one here is posting confidential docs or anything. I mean I guess they could send a cease and desist and hope the admins don't have the funds to fight it.

Sadly rusty deal baseball flew way to close to the sun.

Maybe if it used the 3D affect effectively, might it have a chance of glory, instead all there is left is rust.
idk I thought turning 3D on for rrdb was revelatory but I guess it's not for everyone

There's no MP4 for Switch 2
There's only Metroid Prime 4K
You jest, but I just started salivating at the idea of a 4K/60 patch for Retro's banger remaster
Seeing Fami regulars on Era because they can't post on here during a pivotal moment

220px-Michael_Jordan_crying.jpg
I see myself in this picture and I don't like it (at least I only lurked lmao)

fantasize about having sufficient rizz to walk up to women and ask if they want to play mario kart

remember takahashi's instructions to go out into the world and share the joy of nintendo switch with everyone

me trying to convince you it's still okay to come outside with the new Switch:

FRYmnpM.jpeg

I rewatched the odyssey trailer and man, I can’t wait for another moment like this in a couple of months. We’ve been waiting for a new 3D Mario for years, and when we finally get the trailer for the new one it will be amazing

Not sure if UFS 3.1 Storage would be that great for Nintendo since it is pretty outdated and already 4-5x slower than most PC SSDs. Pretty sure you can get 500gb NVMe with 2x this read/write speed for less than 50 bucks. Nintendo seems to have "cheeped out" on storage they could very likely get for less than 20 buck in bulk.
The sequential read of the SSD is apparently 2100Mb/s which is only around 300mb/s slower than the Series X's. I think it'll be fine overall, don't worry too much about it.

Not sure if UFS 3.1 Storage would be that great for Nintendo since it is pretty outdated and already 4-5x slower than most PC SSDs. Pretty sure you can get 500gb NVMe with 2x this read/write speed for less than 50 bucks. Nintendo seems to have "cheeped out" on storage they could very likely get for less than 20 buck in bulk.
UFS while not as fast consumes less power.

It just occurred to me that this means the Switch 2 will have more bandwidth than the RTX 2050 DF used for their simulation (though it still beats out the switch 2 in cuda core count).

I was actually quite pleased with pretty much all their tests, and to see that Switch 2 might be able to run all those games even better is very exciting.

With no Switch 2 this year, it would be cool if we got a Mini console from Nintendo this year, those things were neat as hell.

My dream of a mini Wii or GameCube still linger in me ( i personally don’t care about the N64 mini)

anime-sad.gif

Took forever trying to catch up on the last 18 hours, but these are all pretty neat revelations! Also it's a dick move to make an account here just to spread the hidden tagged info elsewhere!

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
It's not the codename for the system, but rather the codename for the board and as such, Nvidia's way of referring to Switch 2.

Last edited:
Still hoping Tears of the Kingdom gets a next-gen update. I’ll be happy if it can be 1080p / 60FPS.
You can get near that with an overclocked OLED. If there's a patch, it'll be for 1440p/4K 60, I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
my sister: "the regular switch is already a bit heavy for me"

bro it is so fucking over

they better have a lite out in time for animal crossing and pokemon gen 10
Eh, the percieved weight of the Switch is high because it's pretty uncomfortable. Improved grip design should alleviate a lot of that; and I have little reason to doubt the weight increase will be moderate, at most.

You can get near that with an overclocked OLED. If there's a patch, it'll be for 1400p/4K 60, I'm sure of it.
I’m curious if newer employees will be working on the patches to let them hone their skills and let them play with series respective engine.

Like we seen it happening with smaller Switch ports, remasters and MK8 booster pass.

Like personally don’t see any downside with that.

I'll be out there with the new THING in my handbag and no one shall be any the wiser until I'm playing in glorious 1080pHDR on a beautiful 7.91" display with comfortable controllers on the train, in the park, in the library, on a plane, on the bus.

I will prove everything can be done.

Asset quality will definitely be lower than the PS5, but should be much higher than the Switch 1, which will lead to a growth in file size for Switch 2 games.
Nintendo are masters on otimization, i doubt the next 3D Mario for example will have a flle size of 50GB(given that Super Mario Odyssey have a 5.7GB file size, a 5.7GB to 8GB file size is more likely, Nintendo is not Sony/Microsoft that have humugous bloated file sizes for it games)

I'll be out there with the new THING in my handbag and no one shall be any the wiser until I'm playing in glorious 1080pHDR on a beautiful 7.91" display with comfortable controllers on the train, in the park, in the library, on a plane, on the bus.

I will prove everything can be done.
Meanwhile I’m gonna showcase that bad boy in a rooftop party.

Honestly, while all the power speculation is neat (and it might actually exceed expectations, maybe, 1080p DLSS upscaled with 12GB RAM is pretty good), the most exciting reports are that the controllers might actually have back paddles, if only just one on each side (four total would be ideal). The fact that it's taken so long for any of the big three to adopt back paddles as standard is mind-boggling.

Honestly, while all the power speculation is neat (and it might actually exceed expectations, maybe, 1080p DLSS upscaled with 12GB RAM is pretty good), the most exciting reports are that the controllers might actually have back paddles, if only just one on each side (four total would be ideal). The fact that it's taken so long for any of the big three to adopt back paddles as standard is mind-boggling.
It's still only a maybe, we don't know what exactly they look like or what they do. They could be touch pads a-la Vita for all we know.

With the hardware available, it can literally look like this:
Horizon_Forbidden_West_20220204150731_copy.jpg

god-of-war-ragnarok-ps4-performance.jpg

(PS4 Pro screenshots)

Obviously Zelda will have a different art style, but yeah it has the potential to look damn good.
But the technology is of the 9th generation, with access to mesh shaders and much, much better upscaling than the PS4 Pro. It's difficult to get an idea of that, but maybe a PS5 game downscaled to 1080p, then AI upscaled to 4K.

Brother… the back paddles is meant for the Switch 2 pro controller that cost the same as a switch lite.
ah.gif

But in all serious if the joy cons have back paddles I would be genuinely impressed.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom