• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
That's good, right? It hopefully should allow for easier PS5/Xbox Series ports.
It’s really good for a handheld, that will be specifically developed for and it’s a huge increase from the Switch Model 4G ram

and it’s 2 more GB than the series s.

Somehow the Series S will probably be the greatest thing to happen to Nintendo, since we can base Switch 2 ports to the Series s (also we’ll have DLSS, which is awesome)

Speak up or else... I'll play Bubsy 3D with a Philipps CDi Spoon controller and you'll feel very embarassed for me !

984px-Philips-CD-i-Paddle-Controller.jpg
Here:
I don't have time to compile the details, but, from the shipment listings:

The console has 12 GB RAM, from two 6 GB 7500 MT/s LPDDR5 (LPDDR5X? it's unclear) modules. The internal storage is 256 GB of UFS 3.1.

Thank you to several other people who have been sharing in the research on these listings to determine this.

Edit: I put this in hide tags without thinking because it's shipment stuff, but this is going to get out no matter what, so I might as well remove them.

So if I'm reading right, the Series X and PS5 both have 16GB but, due to OS stuff the SX only has 13.5GB usable and PS5 has an estimated 12.5GB usable. So if Nintendo continues keeping the OS really light, the RAM gap between 2witch and SX/PS5 might be a lot smaller than it looks.

Kickass.

lol I think the other commenter was wondering about doing it the non manual way.

Because otherwise I think most will not go thru the trouble of adding it manually every time :-(
haha well it was kind of implying both
There should be a better way on the forum back end to do it automatically... but that also if people would do it manually it would be easier to follow
you gotta want it bad enough
:ROFLMAO:

The console has 12 GB RAM, from two 6 GB 7500 MT/s LPDDR5 (LPDDR5X? it's unclear) modules. The internal storage is 256 GB of UFS 3.1.

Thank you to several other people who have been sharing in the research on these listings to determine this.

Edit: I put this in hide tags without thinking because it's shipment stuff, but this is going to get out no matter what, so I might as well remove them.
hopefully we get a Switch 2 Pro this time

Can someone explain to me UFS 3.1? Since I personally don’t know much about that.

I’m just gonna mention it’s been an incredible news for Switch 2 related stuff.

With all the fuckup and upsetting stuff that’s happening, I’m quite thankful we’re getting some positive Switch 2 News.

All we need is the 4 TSMC node and we are practically golden.

So if I'm reading right, the Series X and PS5 both have 16GB but, due to OS stuff the SX only has 13.5GB usable and PS5 has an estimated 12.5GB usable. So if Nintendo continues keeping the OS really light, the RAM gap between 2witch and SX/PS5 might be a lot smaller than it looks.

Kickass.
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Yes he did

He could have use any other picture but he did use this one especially to farm engagement surrounding Switch 2 so let's see if there is any substance behind it or if it was just an happy accident/troll
It was a very literal tease about an upcoming title that would of course make people think about Switch 2. But trying to read 7/5/3 from it is just as valid as reading 1/1/5 or 2/6/0 or 19/8/7 any other combination of numbers on there, and not something to blame on him.
I've been thinking about "Switch Attach" and while it's an atrocious name for a brand new console, it's got me thinking: what if Nintendo made a smart watch that works with the next Switch?
  • Check the time
  • Check the status of your downloads
  • Check Nintendo News app
  • Make purchases on the eShop
  • Play minigames that are unlocked by buying select first party titles and earn ingame currency without having to play on your Switch
  • Serves as an extra controller for less demanding games like Mario Kart and Mario Party

Sort of like the Pokewalker but works across multiple games.
I think for at least 80% of this it would just make sense to have an app for existing smartwatches. Like they have the NSO app for phones, rather than needing a Nintendo Phone for that.
Switch came after a unsuccessful hardware and was a bet in a new business model. They start produce it 5 months before the release with a small amount of units.

Switch 2 will be a sucessor of the big success of this company. They will try to put more units in market than they have for Switch 1. So, i believe they will need more months to produce, and a reveal can occurs a lot early than October because of that.
Every new Nintendo hardware release in the last 20 years had roughly similar early numbers, whether they were following something as big as the DS or as crap as the Wii U.
OJ4Ez1O.png

If this thing costs more than $400 while having less RAM than the Steam Deck I'm going to be very disappointed.
Not sure why the RAM specifically is in consideration when the Switch 2 is likely to be bundled with two wireless controllers and a dock, neither of which are included with a Deck purchase.

Eh, I'm cool with it cause it's a

61y0b3my1qjc1.jpeg

thing.

I don't like how Media Outlets keep saying that Switch 2 got "delayed". Them already doing History Revisionism while History is still happening.

Peak read speeds for UFS 3.1 should be close to 2GB/s, although with both game cards and external storage almost certainly lower than that, I don't know if games could quite use it. Still, it definitely shouldn't be a bottleneck.
It's all I ever wanted

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom