• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

They've already announced a new Pokemon launching this fiscal year, add in a big surprise (like a new DK title) a new Mario Party, then make a Nintendo selects line for the evergreen titles alongside reducing the price of the hardware and they could hit that software (and hardware) goal without the successor.

A 2 months marketing cycle seems a bit short imo
Doesn't have to be in today's world. It will sell out for the first 3, that's already good Marketing and enough time to rev it up.

(I still think for that the expected numbers are to low)
will be interesting to see what they show in June even without a Switch 2 reveal. what is or isn't there (say MP4) may give a good indicator of when the release might be. surely they can't coast another year on remakes...
MP4, Fire emblem, 1-2 smaller games, 1-2 remasters/ports, should do the trick for the rest of the fiscal year I guess.

Speakind of the vídeo

Releasing march of 2025

Reveal can be at South henisfere Spring (noth hemisfere fall) 2024

Last main nintenro direct with focus on switch

After today or the june direct , thirds can already say openly they are developing games for the switch 2

More remasters incoming on the direct

Wild guess : metroid prime 4 is the last game for this year on switch 1

Last edited:
Holy Mario, Nintendo actually went ahead with the mention didn’t they? There was already 10 pages here after I went to bed

This starting to feel like a monkey's paw moment, while Nintendo did finally acknowledge the system they also only said it will be revealed by March and not released which gives me some pause about being completely hyped

Another official communication by Europe president mentioning March 2025
"Successor will be announced by then."
Look like we might have to wait a bit more for release

"By then" can mean it's announced tomorrow.

This statement is purposely as vague as possible, I woudnt read anything into it.

Another official communication by Europe president mentioning March 2025
"Successor will be announced by then."
Look like we might have to wait a bit more for release

“will be announced by then“ means nothing, but that the reveal will drop this fiscal year. Nothing really new, I wouldn’t interpret much in that.

This starting to feel like a monkey's paw moment, while Nintendo did finally acknowledge the system they also only said it will be revealed by March and not released which gives me some pause about being completely hyped

They do have that wiggle room but I would not interpret that as such necessarily because they DO have to do a reveal before release anyway lol.

If March 2025 is the planned launch then they will “reveal it by then”

Releasing march of 2025

(I will update while seeng the vídeo editing this post)

Reveal can be at South henisfere Spring (noth hemisfere fall) 2024

Last main nintenro direct with focus on switch

After today or the junto direct , thirds can already say openly they a developing games for the switch 2
Does he speculate on reveal timing or does he state it as fact.

Brazil summarized:

• Switch 2 is slated for March 2025 still - nothing has changed since his original report
  • expect announcement to pan out similar to Switch 1 (Sept-Nov for full reveal etc)
  • third party should be allowed to mention Switch 2 mulitplatform releases from June on even without showing it, since Nintendo is now openly talking about it (e.g. for games announced for 2025 they can confirm "PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch Successor)
  • Direct in June is the last proper Switch 1 Direct but there's rumors about a Partner Direct late rin the year
  • Nintendo will announce more remasters in the Direct, he expect Metroid Prime 4 to be the last big reveal for Switch 1 and released this year but he doesn't know and it's just speculation on his part
  • he expects more leaks to come out now that the successor has been mentioned

That's all.

Brazil summarized:

• Switch 2 is slated for March 2025 still - nothing has changed since his original report
  • expect announcement to pan out similar to Switch 1 (Sept-Nov for full reveal etc)
  • third party should be allowed to mention Switch 2 mulitplatform releases from June on even without showing it, since Nintendo is now openly talking about it (e.g. for games announced for 2025 they can confirm "PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch Successor)
  • Direct in June is the last proper Switch 1 Direct but there's rumors about a Partner Direct late rin the year
  • Nintendo will announce more remasters in the Direct, he expect Metroid Prime 4 to be the last big reveal for Switch 1 and released this year but he doesn't know and it's just speculation on his part

That's all.
The prospect of third party being able to mention the Switch 2 in June is crazy to think about.

Highly anticipated seeing which will be the heavy hitters.

Mine guess is Sega and Capcom.

Also it’s so unreal that Nintendo has finally mentioned the successor of the Switch, extremely excited to see how Furukawa will handle the transition.

Brazil summarized:

That's all.
You've missed the bit about an Indie World in August and the fact that I'm personally aware of a couple of multiplatform games that'll be announced for Switch 2 early on in the next semester, but that's a great summary!

You've missed the bit about an Indie World in August and the fact that I'm personally aware of a couple of multiplatform games that'll be announced for Switch 2 early on in the next semester, but that's a great summary!

Blink twice if it's Visions of Mana. ;]

I’m so excited reading all the articles confirming which titles are in development. Also strangely there’s no codename.

Makes me wonder if the Switch 2 even has a codename and is instead just called he ,,Switch Successor’’.

Finally we have the name of the next switch, that is not a "two" or a name that will make people think it will be a peripheral: Nintendo Switch Sucessor!

Dad jokes apart, can now companies , at least say they are making games for switch sucessor?

Did any of the multiplatform surprised you when you heard it was currently in development for the Switch 2?

Makes sense with Keigley Games Fest and NotE3 in summer. Publishers probably want to start their marketing.

Monster Hunter Wilds please.

Brazil summarized:

That's all.
This really feels like the big Metroid Prime 4 year, maybe with a metroid prime 2-3 bundle like the pikmin 1-2 bundle for july. Really curious to see how third parties will handle the next announcements even if I'm not expecting much from them.

I’m so excited reading all the articles confirming which titles are in development. Also strangely there’s no codename.

Makes me wonder if the Switch 2 even has a codename and is instead just called he ,,Switch Successor’’.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

(on page 2775) The ticker on my local morning news mentioned the Nintendo comment so I don't really need to read through the 12 new pages in the past 12 hours...but I will, cause I'm a glutton for punishment.

edit: caught up...page 2779 was a journey lol

Last edited:
…I'm personally aware of a couple of multiplatform games that'll be announced for Switch 2 early on in the next semester…
Do you mean semester in calendar year (Jul-Dec 24) or fiscal year (Oct 24-Mar 25) terms here btw? (I can wait either way haha)

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom