• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

And with just a few more, they'll also be able to dethrone the PS2 if things tuen out well enough. Not that it really matters but would be funny.

Wondering if the forecast of 13.5 million for this FY is with no price drop. I don't think Nintendo would price drop given Switch is still selling well (more than 10 million a year), probably not until Switch 2 is officially released.

If 13.5mil is with no price drop, then there should be a decent bump once there's an inevitable price drop.

The mester comes from "month" in Latin. Semester means literally 6 months and trimester 3 months (quadrimester 4, bimester 2, etc).

But on a further look on the dictionary:
  1. a period of three months, especially as a division of the duration of pregnancy.
  2. NORTH AMERICAN each of the three terms in an academic year.

I imagine that American academic years are splits into 3 terms of 3 months plus vacations. Language evolves with usage, so it apparently became a synonym with a school term. But TBH, I don't think I ever heard trimester being used by someone speaking in English in any context, unlike semester for universities, so I didn't know about that 2nd definition.

If you're going by the American terminology and cultural fit with the academic year most universities that employ a "semester" academic year are broken up into:

Semester 1: Late August through December
Semester 2: Late January through Mid May

The mester comes from "month" in Latin. Semester means literally 6 months and trimester 3 months (quadrimester 4, bimester 2, etc).

But on a further look on the dictionary:
  1. a period of three months, especially as a division of the duration of pregnancy.
  2. NORTH AMERICAN each of the three terms in an academic year.

I imagine that American academic years are splits into 3 terms of 3 months plus vacations. Language evolves with usage, so it apparently became a synonym with a school term. But TBH, I don't think I ever heard trimester being used by someone speaking in English in any context, unlike semester for universities, so I didn't know about that 2nd definition.
Yep, I caught myself making an incorrect assumption and thinking it could be used as 'a third of a term' (ie a third of a year, ie four months). Mea culpa. 😓

If you're going by the American terminology and culturally fit with the academic year most universities that employ a "semester" academic year are broken up into:

Semester 1: Late August through December
Semester 2: Late January through Mid May
There's three semesters in our system. I know that doesn't make sense based on the meaning of "seme", but still. 😛

I tend to WAY prefer quarters and halves. I know I'm probably pretty alone in saying this, but FYQ/FYH and CYQ/CYH are WAY more clear to me than "late this year", or seasons. Seasons differ and so too do years. I wish companies would just publicly use calendar year quarters rather than "WINTER 20XX" because WHICH WINTER?!

Hey all, just woke up after a rough night. Really didn't sleep great.

Wait what's with the twelve new pages.

Wait.

WHAT.
giphy.gif

Edit: Damn, Fami site is getting hammered hard at the moment.

Since this site is getting hammered at the moment, checked the numbers:

Members online 276
Guests online 416
Total visitors 692

lol almost 2/3 of traffic are from non-members.

Those guests reading this - Fami registration is free!

YARN | Well, it's happened. | The Jungle Book (1967) | Video clips by  quotes | efa76eea | 紗

Had to come out of my little "touch grass" social media sabbatical to celebrate Announcement Day with y'all

The hype..... it was always there, but we were chasing ghosts. Now, it's real. It's tangible. It's coming
Now, we can let the TRUE hype begin.

This next year is gonna be a hurricane!

I think it's funny that the first initial acknowledgement of the next system is Furukawa saying they will give more info within the next year. It's still a little surreal/exciting regardless.

I feel the site won't survive the actual ReDraketed reveal. ^^

Nintendo can't even handle post-Direct traffic for the eShop. ReDraketed will smash hard.

7db79ab3b0b2ba97b1f4352ba342ba5c0c137cdd.gif

It'll smash even harder if hardware wise, it's better than we imagined. Though in fairness, the same will hold true if it's worse than we thought.

Either way, Nintendo is smashed.

Since this site is getting hammered at the moment, checked the numbers:

Members online 276
Guests online 416
Total visitors 692

lol almost 2/3 of traffic are from non-members.

Those guests reading this - Fami registration is free!
Message for guests: or you are part of us or you are against us. Choose a side.

The number of new pages created by despair or joy will be identical.

The Thread cannot distinguish between pleasure or pain, only the intensity. The Thread must live. The Thread must eat.

The Thread shall eat well tonight.
13 new pages.

Yes! </sickos>

Interesting little tid bit, but obviously nothing we didn't already fully expect :)

What kind of question was that lol. It's a brand new console, it's next gen. Not sure what the person asking question meant by that but I know it's probably a casual asking that question, not the same type of folks you would find here on the Fami.

Quite the news to wake up to. Seems when it's all said and done, announcing a console at the last minute isn't something that's seriously on the table (and probably will never be). Though calling this an announcement feels like a stretch. More like an acknowledgement.

The guy was asking if it was a new console in the sense of like Wii U to Switch or if the Switch concept was being retained.
What kind of question was that lol. It's a brand new console, it's next gen. Not sure what the person asking question meant by that but I know it's probably a casual asking that question, not the same type of folks you would find here on the Fam.

What kind of question was that lol. It's a brand new console, it's next gen. Not sure what the person asking question meant by that but I know it's probably a casual asking that question, not the same type of folks you would find here on the Fami.
They should start a educacion program for investors.

Is there a summary of what came out today? I'm at work and don't have time to sift through everything.

Nintendo officially acknowledged the Switch successor, and said it will be announced within the curren FY.

And there's been a video with a few new tidbits from Brazil, you can find it on this very page.

Question, do you have anything more to share on those improvement patches for Switch 1 games you mentioned a couple months ago?
Not currently, no - but that's a great reminder for me to look into it. Devs should start becoming more forthcoming with this info now that the system has been "announced".

you sound good bro, dont even worry bout it :)(y)

You're English is great! Thanks for taking the time to record this 🙂

Thanks for the vid :)
(and your accent is great)
I'm glad to hear it! :D

Interesting little tid bit, but obviously nothing we didn't already fully expect :)

People are gonna quite literally take this with amount of truth without realising the Console is a significant upgrade.

Also Furukawa wording remind when the DS launched and Nintendo called it a ,, a third pillar of Nintendo’’ despite it being a successor to the Gameboy advance.

The fact that Furukawa has let us know about the next-gen of machines could mean that the factory may be producing them soon.
Expect leaks from employees who don't keep secrets.

My expectation is a September event where they will reveal both HW and launch window SW.

But now that Nintendo acknowledged its existence hopefully various outlets will start publishing their articles with leaked HW info. Looking foward DF video.

I think this is our quarterly inaccurate quote. Furukawa would have said "Switch successor," not "Switch next model."

As quoted by @fwd-bwd, he already said he wouldn't comment on the concept for the new hardware. Saying it's a Switch model would be doing exactly that.

It's certainly a dumb question when the announcement already used the language "successor to Nintendo Switch."

Definitely Switch successor is a next gen Switch, improve hybrid console in everything.
Btw, I'm still want to buy a Switch OLED, waiting a permanent price cut or bundle or a new transparent version

I don't quite get the enthousiasm here : what Furukawa sounds like a complete nothingburger to me, no ? He just basically announced that something is to be announced before April 2025 - but not during June communication, confirming there will be a direct there.

I don't get how that remotely indicates anything for the next hardware...

I think its more of whether the system is continuing on the Switch design or is a completely new concept.

I don't quite get the enthousiasm here : what Furukawa sounds like a complete nothingburger to me, no ? He just basically announced that something is to be announced before April 2025 - but not during June communication, confirming there will be a direct there.

I don't get how that remotely indicates anything for the next hardware...
Nintendo acknowledging the Switch 2 is huge for thirds party and people in this thread. With an announcement of it existence in May, it seems likely we’ll get it in March 2025.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom