• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

I hope whatever it is gets revealed soon. When leaks like this get big they just mess with the general conversation. Buddy just gave youtubers like 5 different video topics to peddle to their audiences.
If it builds conversation to the wider audience... Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if pyoro was some scheme to build hype before directs and sw2

That's why I clarified later in the post if they don't specify the foundry, we'll only know for sure when the system launches, and it's opened up, clockspeeds tested, and wattages recorded. You are correct it'll most likely just be listed as a custom Tegra chip.
Even though we won't "know" 100%, we can make a pretty educated guess if we know the clocks.

Could this just be an NSO update with Tetris and Rad Racer (which are mentioned on that World Championships cart)? Betting it's something simple and lame like that and not any indication of a Switch 2. I think the rest of the insiders are getting in on the fun with this when it's almost certainly not Switch 2 related lol.
If it's NES Tetris, I will legit be excited. My all-time favorite version. Many fond memories as a kid.

Tetris_NES_cover_art.jpg

DIP switches are confusing unless you're used to DIP switches. I find them kinda charming on the NWC cart because it reminds me of the atari days, where there were difficulty switches on the console itself.
Neo Geo MVS systems also had DIP switches. Pretty cool stuff.

Will Pyoro be the hero to finally open the ReDraketed doors?

Or will he be the biggest troll in recent history?

Willst he soar?

Or willst he suck?

^^
Blades will bleed
Shields will shatter
But as the Investors Meeting fades...
Will the bird rise again ?

That's true. That leaves NES Remix which, I need to state... it's an odd fucking time to announce that thing right? With this hint?

Maybe Nintendo is bringing back Nintendo World Championship after stopping in 2017? Listen, I'm trying to be rational with this because the one road that makes sense is too... optimistic after years of this shit happening. I want to be wrong in my hopes because I don't want to be disappointed, but here we are and we're kind of stuck like this.

So fuck it, i guess we wait.
Nintendo World Champioship happening during the Nintendo Live 2024 Sydney? i could see this happening

If it builds conversation to the wider audience... Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if pyoro was some scheme to build hype before directs and sw2
not sure why someone feels the need to be a hero and build hype for a nintendo console thats on trending every day

Seriously I mean it like. Can someone please explain to me the Switch 2 connection here? Everything I have read so far is like, the stretchiest stretches I've ever seen. My bet is on Rad Racer and Tetris getting added to NSO today.
Then that would also mean you've read multiple mentions of Pyoro normally being much more transparent about NSO announcements, that you're somehow conveniently glossing over right now.

It's a "What", not "Who".

Calcio was at a point TV-only Switch model concept (no dock, no screen), I believe. Someone here can correct me.
Or cartridge slot, IIRC. The assumption is that it's a test device for internal use only. HorizonOS has some references to it, but they're stubbed out in the bootloader, so whatever it is, i never got past the lab

It's a "What", not "Who".

Calcio was at a point TV-only Switch model (no dock, no screen), I believe. Someone here can correct me.
From my understanding - yes, but it's a devkit. People use "Calcio" to refer to a hypothetical TV-only Switch model, but the actual Calcio is just a screenless devkit (specifically the Mariko variant, with Copper being the T210 variant).
There's no actual evidence of Nintendo planning a TV-only Switch, and Calcio sure doesn't have anything to do with it.

Seriously I mean it like. Can someone please explain to me the Switch 2 connection here? Everything I have read so far is like, the stretchiest stretches I've ever seen. My bet is on Rad Racer and Tetris getting added to NSO today.
Joking about someone's mental health because they think something like 'two Nintendo switches may mean another Nintendo Switch' is in extremely poor taste. A stretch, maybe, you could call it that. You don't have to start throwing around ableist (sanist?) prejoritives to say you disagree with such a view.

He selected a cart that is labeled with, and is famous for, having Switches on it, labeled Switch 1, Switch 2, Switch 3, Switch 4. Pyoro does stuff like this regularly. They 100% intended us to catch it. That doesn't mean that is what they're referring to, it could be a tease, where they're actually referring to the games on the cart, or a new Nintendo World Championship, but the Switch 2 reference isn't a stretch. It's intentional. We just don't know in what way we're being fucked with.

So there is an idea going around that relies on Pyoro having a photographic memory of what the World Championship cart looks like in order to pick it as a hint for a new console. Or it's something World Championship related. I know which I'd choose.

As far as I remember, nobody was having this problem with Everybody 1 2 Switch hints, despite having the word Switch and 2 in close proximity.
If you search for "SW2 Nintendo" on google it's one of the first pictures that comes up, so it's not weird at all.

I'm pretty sure, based on Pyoro's history, this is more likely just referring to an upcoming NSO update.
Based on Pyoro‘s history, they should be aware of that people would interpret something next hardware in a picture with SW and Plus on it. Maybe it‘s a slight troll and their tweet actually hints at something different, but I don‘t see how they would not know how the internet reacts to something like that.

He selected a cart that is labeled with, and is famous for, having Switches on it, labeled Switch 1, Switch 2, Switch 3, Switch 4. Pyoro does stuff like this regularly. They 100% intended us to catch it. That doesn't mean that is what they're referring to, it could be a tease, where they're actually referring to the games on the cart, or a new Nintendo World Championship, but the Switch 2 reference isn't a stretch. It's intentional. We just don't know in what way we're being fucked with.
Exactly, that’s why it’s hilarious people think Pyoro is oblivious to the fact this could mean something about the Switch 2.

I really just don’t understand why he would post something like this when he knows that the internet is gonna lose their mind over it. He’ll get so much backlash if it’s a nothing burger

He would probably just say nso today

Then that would also mean you've read multiple mentions of Pyoro normally being much more transparent about NSO announcements, that you're somehow conveniently glossing over right now.
This

Its more easy to us to say its probably not related to switch online than saying if is or what about switch 2

Normalmente when he do a mystery he do a one who mos people get awnser because its the obvious one

If lets say the announcement is on 7th of may , he will probably do one/two more teaser before it to more people get right , to not have disapontiment

He posted this early in the morning on a Thursday like every other NSO tease he's made. Of course I'm not one to say this is an absolute pattern because absolute patterns don't exist for Nintendo news, but I think it's silly to discount this being the more likely case. He knows people are clamoring for Switch 2 news and he could very well be fucking with people by using something that could vaguely be interpreted by people as a Switch 2 tease because people are desperate as hell and the insanity is reaching a breaking point. Hence why people are reading into all the numbers and shit on the case lmao.

Joking about someone's mental health because they think something like 'two Nintendo switches may mean another Nintendo Switch' is in extremely poor taste. A stretch, maybe, you could call it that. You don't have to start throwing around ableist (sanist?) prejoritives to say you disagree with such a view.
Oh please. Many people on this board are going feverishly crazy about Switch 2 speculation and owning it, reading into even the tiniest things. Worse has been said on this board with no pushback. 🙄

Exactly, that’s why it’s hilarious people think Pyoro is oblivious to the fact this could mean something about the Switch 2.

I really just don’t understand why he would post something like this when he knows that the internet is gonna lose their mind over it. He’ll get so much backlash if it’s a nothing burger
That's literally not his fault though. No one can blame him for it being a nothing burger when he's not nudging anyone towards a specific conclusion.

If you search for "SW2 Nintendo" on google it's one of the first pictures that comes up, so it's not weird at all.
and if you look for "nintendo world championship" in the second image show by google, we dont even know in what basis did pyoro took that image from google 🤷‍♂️, theorizing is about switch 2 is ok but the possibility of being something else is there as well

The answer is yes.

If Pyoro is talking about Switch 2, then at least we should know within a few days. They tend to have information only a few days in advance, so if this is just a new NES Remix release on Switch, then at least we'll find out quickly.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

In any case, I'd actually be quite happy with a NES Remix on Switch, those games were a lot of fun
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the hint but I took it literally to mean the NWC cart is going to NSO as a kind of a remixed SP game

To be fair, Switch 2 being in another castle is what happens in this thread every other month or so.

Last edited:
I don’t think you’d even get that, as it’s not really relevant to what they are doing or meant to do, even the game engineers. And in Nintendo’s case they’d prefer to give you the software details. The only way one would know is if they open up the device, look at the silicon in the device and see if it mentions anything about Samsung or TSMC.

However, there’s issues with doing so:
1) requires you to open it up, and you can tell if someone opened up a developer kit.

2) stemming from 1, these can be easily traced back, as a dev kit can be assigned to you that Nintendo would know which developer kit is or was under your care and not remotely visa some technology but a simple method. Company Alpha requested a developer kit, they receive kit that has the numbers 123456789. Developer kit is returned and has been tampered with, is investigated, who had kit 123456789? Oh it was company alpha. And then more investigation. Was it dropped? No it was not… then it was opened, for what purpose? Etc.

3) stemming from the second, you put not only yourself at risk, but you put your colleagues and your company at risk of being blacklisted.

So, you wouldn’t find this stuff out until it’s told via Nvidia or by Nintendo if they ever do that. Another way is that they don’t tell you and a few weeks after the launch of the console, you get someone opening it up. Takes a pic. Posts it online.

The most Nintendo would tell them is that it is a custom NVIDIA Tegra Processor (because that is what it is)

Yeah, there's no reason to tell a developer the manufacturing process of an SoC, it's just not relevant to developing games for it.

I don't think it's completely impossible that Nintendo officially mentions it, though (or, more likely, allows Nvidia to mention it). Nintendo generally doesn't talk about specs, because almost any spec comparison against MS and Sony's hardware is going to be unfavourable to them. But, I wouldn't rule out them talking about one or two specifications which are favourable to them.

As a case in point, when announcing the Wii U, Nintendo didn't confirm detailed specs like GFLOPS or anything like that, but they did confirm that the system had 2GB of RAM. With the other systems on the market at the time sporting 512MB of RAM, the Wii U's 2GB of RAM was the one spec that made it look good, so it was the one spec that Nintendo confirmed.

In Switch 2's case, they're obviously not going to announce GPU TFLOPS or storage GB/s speeds, because they won't be favourable next to Xbox Series X and PS5. But with even PS5 Pro reportedly using TSMC 6nm for its SoC, then a 4nm process for T239 definitely would be a favourable spec next to the competition, so it's possible that they could consider it worth mentioning, even if that's just in an accompanying Nvidia press release.

and if you look for "nintendo world championship" in the second image show by google, we dont even know in what basis did pyoro took that image from google 🤷‍♂️, theorizing is about switch 2 is ok but the possibility of being something else is there as well
You can say whatever you want, but it doesn't require any photographic memory to put that image through the SW2

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the hint but I took it literally to mean the NWC cart is going to NSO as a kind of a remixed SP game
It could be that, but (I sound like a broken record at this time) that doesn't seem to fit well with Pyoro's past tendencies for breaking NSO news. He's normally quite more transparent when it comes to NSO stuff.

Steve posted examples:
This isn't a game announcement or a NSO reveal since if we look at his post history he's always transparent if it's a game.

I don't buy it, pretty sure the tease is just a new World Championship related event/game for the year. Not saying that Switch 2 isn't going to be revealed soon, just that the tease is not for Switch 2.

If he wanted to tease Switch 2 reveal, why would he do that by a picture of a NES World Championship cartridge? And more importantly, why would he even remember that this cartridge has "SW2" labelled on it? Did he notice this cartridge has SW2 on it in the past and saved a pic of it for when he's about to tease Switch 2? Or did he just get word that Nintendo's gonna do a new tournament for the year, so he googled "nintendo world championship" and posted one of the first pics that came up?

More likely the latter scenario. It's just a random serial number imo

so he googled "nintendo world championship" and posted one of the first pics that came up?
It's also one of the first pics that comes up if you google "Nintendo SW2".

Pyoro's tweet doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Switch 2. But if this is really about NSO, I'm skeptical then, given his past tendencies on hinting about NSO stuff. He's more transparent than that in the past.

All I'm saying is I find it far more likely to be something other than NSO. What it could be, I have no idea.

Maybe it's about Nintendo World Championship event itself, but I find that an odd thing to tweet about. Does the general Pyoro follower community normally get excited about that events like Nintendo World Championship?

i can see the idea pyoro probably said of "we are on switch 1 , time to turn off and turn on the switch 2 " can be consider if we are considering annoucement for next hardware

I've seen a couple of people suggest that it's NES Remix because there was a Nintendo World Championship mode in the original NES Remix games.

I don't buy it, pretty sure the tease is just a new World Championship related event/game for the year. Not saying that Switch 2 isn't going to be revealed soon, just that the tease is not for Switch 2.

If he wanted to tease Switch 2 reveal, why would he do that by a picture of a NES World Championship cartridge? And more importantly, why would he even remember that this cartridge has "SW2" labelled on it? Did he notice this cartridge has SW2 on it in the past and saved a pic of it for when he's about to tease Switch 2? Or did he just get word that Nintendo's gonna do a new tournament for the year, so he googled "nintendo world championship" and posted one of the first pics that came up?

More likely the latter scenario. It's just a random serial number imo
Why did they post a cartridge with something Switch on it if it‘s just about the World Championship? Regardless of their intentions (they could be trolling a little bit and it really isn‘t about Switch 2) Pyoro should be aware that this picture could be taken as a hint for Switch 2.

If he wanted to tease Switch 2 reveal, why would he do that by a picture of a NES World Championship cartridge?
On the other hand, is there literally any other Nintendo product that has the words “Switch 2” printed on it that could be posted with plausible deniability? Of all the Nintendo-related things Pyoro could have posted to hint, he chose maybe the only one that has “Switch 2” printed on right as many folks think Nintendo is due to announce Switch 2 at their investors meeting.

This would be a helluva coincidence (or masterful trolling) otherwise.

Hm, Nintendo World Championship... It'd be a bit Savage to instantly think about the Switch 2.
I'd either bet 50000 pts at Double Dragon or a Power Glove (it's so bad) that it's related to The Wizard.

MV5BMTQzOTAyMjM2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzY4MzMzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom