• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Fami,

tenor.gif
great movie

Friendly reminder that Nintendo does everything at their own pace, regardless of what’s happening outside of them, but still related to them.

I'm not able to keep up with new posts, so this might not be new..
But could it actually hint a 4th model of current switch? Oled released 3 years ago and it wouldn't be the first time that a console refresh released shortly before, or even after its successor. I know it's a pessimistic take.. but I remember Furukawa saying something along not dividing their consoles on generation basis, hinting longer cross-gen period.

Is it just me, or are the Switches on the NES cart really confusing? Why would they put “ON” at the top of the switchboard and diagram but then define the switches as being “ON” in the downward position in the other diagram? What a strange design decision.

So in the picture Pyoro posted, Switches 1 and 2 are “ON” but Switch 3 is “OFF” I guess.

Man, if real life was a Persona game, I feel that a letter has just been sent to a change of hearts.

Pyoro really is something. A simple tweet puts internet on fire. No one knows who he is, but even the gaming journalists stop when he/she appears.

I still think it’s kate baily, but whatever…

kbTXqV0.jpeg

Just imagine in less than a year some of us will be camping out for Switch 2.

This was me camping out in front of BestBuy overnight with others, watching movies on my laptop. I was #7 in the line.

I'd probably do the same type of pilgrimage, camping out for Switch 2 when that day comes!

I'm pretty sure, based on Pyoro's history, this is more likely just referring to an upcoming NSO update.
Based on Pyoro's history, Pyoro normally is a lot more transparent about NSO stuff in general. He doesn't find it worthwhile to go to obscure-level trolling for mere NSO stuff.

Also, that was something mentioned multiple times by others in the last few pages. About how Pyoro normally is more transparent about new NSO stuff.

Alas, I'm pretty sure it's not just for some mere NSO stuff. If it is about NSO stuff, then what Pyoro is doing is just silly. And also not something he had done in the past.

Is it just me, or are the Switches on the NES cart really confusing? Why would they put “ON” at the top of the switchboard and diagram but then define the switches as being “ON” in the downward position in the other diagram? What a strange design decision.

So in the picture Pyoro posted, Switches 1 and 2 are “ON” but Switch 3 is “OFF” I guess.

I had this same question earlier, but realized the "Black" is the protruded part of the switch, and the "White" is the indent.

So SW1, SW2, and SW4 are actually "OFF" whereas SW3 is "ON".

It is actually why I don't put a lot of stake into this being anything related to Switch 2 since Pyoro is just using a stock unmodified image of the cartridge, but that's just me.

That's the thing that goats my get. Pyoro is reveling in this sort of chaos that's clearly being sparked wide and high, so why not clarify it? Why not like a tweet for someone who got it right? The only leak is pertaining to Switch 2.

It's paradoxical on paper but hilarious in practice also. That bird i swear to god...
They're not Microsoft lol.

Based on Pyoro's history, Pyoro normally is a lot more transparent about NSO stuff in general. He doesn't find it worthwhile to go to obscure-level trolling for mere NSO stuff.

Also, that was something mentioned multiple times by others in the last few pages. About how Pyoro normally is more transparent about new NSO stuff.

Alas, I'm pretty sure it's not just for some mere NSO stuff. If it is about NSO stuff, then what Pyoro is doing is silly. And also not something he had done in the past.
last time he went subtle he asked if nintendo is a parther , and we recieved the ocean game on a parther showcase , and so while he subtle he expect to know the right anwser

Or maybe...

3 - Hour
7 - Day
5 - Month

Which if you use UTC time, that puts Japan time at 12:00. Does that sound about right when the Briefing is suppose to occur for Nintendo on May 7th?

The most hilarious outcome is that it's a Switch 2 hint, but it's about a one line PR sentence in a briefing. Now why he would know about it now? Don't think about that. But it would be funny.

last time he went subtle he asked if nintendo is a parther , and we recieved the ocean game on a parther showcase , and so while he subtle he expect to know the right anwser
Yup - he can be subtle. But I don't think he would go to those levels of subtlety when it comes to NSO stuff - I think he knows people in general aren't THAT excited about NSO stuff.

Only a subset of Switch userbase enjoys NSO. Not every Switch owner has access to NSO apps - they don't if they're not a subscriber.

The actual nwc rom coming to NSO would be the most disappointing outcome here.

Oh I'd be laughing my ass off if it were the case. Pages, and pages of speculation, trying to pick apart this unicorn NES Cartridge, and it ends up being the equivalent of the Wii Music announcement. :ROFLMAO:

Yup - he can be subtle. But I don't think he would go to those levels of subtlety when it comes to NSO stuff - I think he knows people in general aren't THAT excited about NSO stuff.

Only a subset of Switch userbase enjoys NSO. Not every Switch owner has access to NSO apps - they don't if they're not a subscriber.
yes , that why i am in belive of switch 2 or other thing , if it was NSO he would already be annouced, and normally he make the NSO teaser on the day nintendo annouce the new games , so i belive if we dont get news about NSO today we are probably safe from being NSO

If it is something NSO related, then it will get revealed today/tonight
8PM/9PM EST (depending on daylights saving time) on Thursday Nights are the most common nights when NSO updates are announced.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Shortly before the September Direct, Pyoro did the vague "what will close the Direct" and liked tweets suggesting it would be metroid related. They're a true insider but they do in fact have a history of trolling for fun.

If Pyoro is talking about Switch 2, then at least we should know within a few days. They tend to have information only a few days in advance, so if this is just a new NES Remix release on Switch, then at least we'll find out quickly.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

In any case, I'd actually be quite happy with a NES Remix on Switch, those games were a lot of fun.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom