• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Well, and here's what gets me. The idea is Pyoro's more transparent about NSO related stuff.

Personally, I see nothing more transparent than showing a fucking image of an actual NES game cartridge via a tweet. How much clearer could you be if it were an NSO game drop?
It would be more clear to just post the logo or title screen. Posting the cartridge that has multiple switches, including one literally labeled as switch 2 isn’t being clear when we’re in the timeframe where the Switch 2 getting announced is possible if not likely.

Not to mention someone like Midori, who’s associated with Sega/Atlus wouldn’t be responding to Pyoro over an NSO drop of NWC.

Pyoro is a creature of chaos, but historically not a liar. When one of their posts has been wildly misinterpreted, or when they drop something as a joke, not a hint, they've clarified. And their likes are things that align with the truth. The fact that they've only liked one joke post is a clear indication they're playing their cards close to their chest.

I love this chaos, please, conjecture to your heart's content. Just saying.

one thing is probably certain , if it is switch online , we will probably know it is it today when nintendo annouce the new games for NSO

last time pyoro make explicitaly it was for switch online games

We have a bunch of maintenances scheduled for this month (from eShop to certificate validation on games) - nothing to rely on Pyoro's teaser

Pyoro is a creature of chaos, but historically not a liar. When one of their posts has been wildly misinterpreted, or when they drop something as a joke, not a hint, they've clarified. And their likes are things that align with the truth. The fact that they've only liked one joke post is a clear indication they're playing their cards close to their chest.

I love this chaos, please, conjecture to your heart's content. Just saying.

He definitely learned then, you don't have to cryptically tease things if you just go and like ever answer that's getting your tease right. ;D

Again, the bigger question regarding the actual item of the tease is .... would Mirodi and Brazil have reacted if it's an NSO thing?

Especially Midori if the possible NSO game has zero connections to Sega?
I’m quite stumbling why Midori retweeted, since, like… what does she know, because I’m quite confident she would hear something based on reveal trailer, since Nate mention that Nintendo were asking for footage from their games.

The tweet, but not the era developer comments

Unsure, the dev in question never told what dev portal he looked at. But it's definitely not "definitely Sony". No one really knows.

And while it would be easy for a dev to go and check things, actually talking about it would have your access to the portal nuked. ;D

- Over on ERA some devs went to check the Nintendo developer portal, but won't share anything but "starting to connect the dots": https://www.resetera.com/threads/py...4.860007/page-3?post=122400333#post-122400333
They're planning maintenance for the portal, that's it. It was scheduled for the end of April but got postponed to May 17 shortly before it was supposed to start. Obviously that Era poster is "connecting the dots" from "major maintenance" to "Switch 2 announcement," but that's silly. The portal already handles Switch 2 stuff for those who are enrolled in that program -- that's how people with devkits are developing games right now -- and there's no connection between anything that happens on the portal and a public announcement anyway.

Last edited:
Wish he would give hints by the hour , i need to know whether to be invested in this or not because the only thing i care about is the Switch 2 being official and REAL

These last few pages...

4ZWUmV9.gif

If this truly is just NSO news then Pyoro is playing with fire. The timing just seems too perfect with the anticipation of some sort of announcement for the next system. As stated before he’s usually pretty straight forward about NSO news.

If this truly is just NSO news then Pyoro is playing with fire. The timing just seems too perfect with the anticipation of some sort of announcement for the next system. As stated before he’s usually pretty straight forward about NSO news.
That's the thing that goats my get. Pyoro is reveling in this sort of chaos that's clearly being sparked wide and high, so why not clarify it? Why not like a tweet for someone who got it right? The only leak is pertaining to Switch 2.

It's paradoxical on paper but hilarious in practice also. That bird i swear to god...

It would be more clear to just post the logo or title screen. Posting the cartridge that has multiple switches, including one literally labeled as switch 2 isn’t being clear when we’re in the timeframe where the Switch 2 getting announced is possible if not likely.

Not to mention someone like Midori, who’s associated with Sega/Atlus wouldn’t be responding to Pyoro over an NSO drop of NWC.

Either way, we'll know soon enough.

In the past, Pyoro would explicitly say that there was NSO news coming on the same day. He didn’t do that this time other than showing an NES cartridge.

That's the thing that goats my get. Nintendo is reveling in this sort of chaos that's clearly being sparked wide and high, so why not clarify it? Why not like a tweet for someone who got it right? The only leak is pertaining to Switch 2.

It's paradoxical on paper but hilarious in practice also. That bird i swear to god...
....why does Nintendo have to do anything lol? They don't have an obligation to respond to every single Pyoro post

In the end, Pyoro knows exactly what he's been doing here.

• Making people think it's NSO related, cause it's a NES cart
  • Make people think it's Switch 2 related, because that's likely the only NES cart with switches
  • The numbers on the card being random enough to count as a cryptic hint
  • The timinig, just days before the meeting

More like Pyoro is playing with...Pyrotechnics, amirite?

The Switch 2's use of DLSS can be 'lateral thinking with a seasoned/familiar technology' (although at the time they'd have started work on the console, DLSS was fairly new), it would be the first handheld console in history with AI cores for upscaling, and developers know how to program for this feature.
Honestly, I think Nintendo either dropped this technology or it have less priority.
Of course lateral thinking is at an all time high.
I feel like Switch 2 is a bit too predictable. It may just be something like NES remix or other retro stuff. Or Nintendo is hosting another World Championship competition.
It would be cool if we had another world championship. One of us can represent team famiboard.
4 Switches.. Or 4 ways to Switch:
TV Mode
Handheld Mode
Tabletop Mode
??? Mode

Please let that be VR mode, if that's the case!
We already have VR mode. You're not begging correctly. You're supposed to wish for a VR headset by Nintendo or third-party partners. Because all it takes is to just turn VR on through the system. P
Silly MVG. @Syluxhunter is Nate's burner account
I have a confession. I am Nate's Clone. I am known as Nate The Lover ❤️

I still think the more interesting thing is Midori and Brazil interacting with the tweet.

That's a first or at least unusual, i assume?

• Make people think it's Switch 2 related, because that's likely the only NES cart with switches
[Shitty Heath Ledger Joker impression]
All these mediocre Switch 2 leaks competing for the clout and the respect... tut honestly, it's not about ad revenue...
the-dark-knight-its-about-sending-a-message.gif

I don't think Nintendo's desperate either, but I think what Jake meant is, wouldn't Nintendo have to anyway? There's no Nintendo games announced beyond June.

Or are we going to expect Twitter-drops from Nintendo for the games coming in July and afterwards, no Direct?
Yes

The numbers aren't random nor edited by Pyoro; those are the round times Nintendo decided on back when NES NWC was hosted.

Otherwise, yeah. He picked a pic of it with a switch labelled SW2.

Last edited:
Midori doesn't normally retweet tweets other than Sega related, it's unlikely that she retweeted it out of nostalgia, so there are only two conclusions to draw
1. midori misunderstood what pyoro meant by this tweet.
2. midori does know something.

Midori doesn't normally retweet tweets other than Sega related, it's unlikely that she retweeted it out of nostalgia, so there are only two conclusions to draw
1. midori misunderstood what pyoro meant by this tweet.
2. midori does know something.

Well, thirds would have to be informed well in advanced about a potential announcement soon, as some might want to announce their projects for the system and might need to be able to ready PR material in time.

E:

It would be nice if Brazil were to drop some post / tease, but i totally understand if he, Nate and all the likes will take a huge distance to the forum for today and the rest of the week. ^^

Sometimes.

one thing we have to consider is , how much time nintendo can bypass investors and thirds without announcing the switch 2 , like , probably many thirds want their console announced for trailers and annoucements of new games , and the we know inverstors want to know the future of the company so much if they can know ahead of time they will , so probably the time nintendo have without annoucing anything can be almost up

NSO maintenance does not indicate anything. They usually make them periodically.

It's the retro console apps that mean something, as they usually do this before releasing a new game.
That has stopped being relevant since June 2022. Since then, all retro console apps maintenance without exception that do show up are pure maintenance that means nothing anymore.

Yeah I'm feeling like this isn't Switch 2 related. It is most likely a new NWC.
Well, it depends if he sees the connection with Switch 2. He would address it. There are people on his post mentioning Switch 2, I bet. So if he doesn't take it down or clarify what he says.... it is probably about the Switch 2.

Either way, I am gonna limit my hype though just in case.
Do you like Sunshine?
If it comes in a bottle, yes!

I place very little faith into MLID's "sources", but I wouldn't be too surprised if 1.3GHz (and therefore 4 TFLOPS) was an internal target for Nvidia, even if they didn't expect Nintendo to clock it that high. Even if Nintendo had settled on, say 1.1GHz as a target clock in docked mode during the design process, the actual clock speed could end up lower or higher than that based on the performance of the silicon, other hardware design changes, etc., so there would want to be some wiggle room in achievable clocks to accommodate that. A 1.3GHz clock is probably a reasonable upper limit of what Nintendo may choose, and also a round number in both clock speed and Gflops, so it's a plausible target for Nvidia. Besides, every other Ampere GPU can clock well past 1.3GHz, so it's really quite a modest target for the architecture.

On the LPDDR5X side, I could see it happening for two reasons outside of performance requirements. The first is simply that Nvidia was already working on an in-house LDDDR5X controller (for Grace) with a similar tape-out timescale, and it may have been the case that using the updated controller would have a near-zero impact on cost and timelines, so it was basically the default option.

The second is availability of LPDDR5/X RAM down the line. Back when Nintendo and Nvidia started supporting LPDDR4X with Mariko, I assumed it was purely for the sake of the power efficiency benefit. This may have been partly the case, but in the years after release, LPDDR4 has all but disappeared from the market, with LPDDR4X almost completely replacing it. Being able to use a widely available (and therefore cheap) form of RAM for the rest of the console's life was likely a major reason behind switching from LPDDR4 to 4X.

With Switch 2, it seems pretty unlikely that there will be a Mariko-style updated SoC at any point in the console's lifespan, which means they'll need to design a system which they can still buy parts for perhaps as much as 8 years later. Nintendo (and, I'm sure Nvidia) have surely spent a lot of time talking with RAM manufacturers about the production lifespan of the parts they're interested in, and if it's expected that LPDDR5X will almost completely replace 5 in the same way 4X replaced 4, then there would be a very strong incentive for Nintendo to have an SoC with LPDDR5X support even if they had no intention of using the higher speeds.
The reason I don't think Nintendo would clock Switch 2 too high is because of heat affecting the battery.
There have been a couple reports of 2017 switch owners who play splatoon docked A LOT through the day where their switch battery got bloated so much it ripped through the backplate. This appears to not be an issue anymore with switch v2/lite/oled models that generate considerably less heat.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom