• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

That’s huge since she’s possibly the only one who slightly knows about the Dev-kit, release timing and when the Switch 2 will unveil, since didn’t Nate mention that Nintendo were asking third party’s for footage?
if i remember correctly midori said she know about the delay of the console but she doesnt know anything hardware related from nintendo, her information is only based of the notice from nintendo to sega of the delay

Is this where Pyoro got the image from?
Yes. It's not a pic Pyoro took so keep that in mind (that was mentioned too, it's one of first images that comes up in Google search)

I think it’s incredible how people allege something, but can’t bother to take a screenshot and back it up (re: Midori retweet)
image.png

Pyoro you wily bird please tell me this is hinting towards the next Switch and not just some return of the Nintendo Championships or NES Remix. I wonder will they release the next hint because it shows SW4 Which could means 4 multiple Switches(OG,Lite,OLED, "2") and then there is PLUS which could be referencing a name, i dont know i just need more hints to see if i need to get my hopes up and invested

Announcement next week would be best news for this thread and will encourage outlets to make reports of potential specs/performance from third party companies that have devkits.

Or reports of specific games coming to next Nintendo HW.

Just for context, i never was on her Twitter profile before, so there's no caching for me or something, and i didn't see a retweet, just the like.

Could be that maybe it's not as major as we think it is and so she removed the retweet, so people don't get too excited.
But given she is indeed aware that something is coming soon, it's likely that Sega/Atlus has provided more concrete videos for the Switch 2. Maybe a game like Metaphor Refantazio will be shown running on it in a short teaser?

I still can see the retweet lol
Well did you refresh the page? lol. Making sure you're not having the retweet post just sit there in your view without refreshing the page (I kid, I kid)

I also cannot see the retweet, but do see her like (heart) on Pyoro's tweet. I do believe it was retweeted, because someone here shared the screenshot/proof.

Looking into it now, I think all this tweet means is NES Remix Pack will be brought over to Switch, plus "maybe" a new Nintendo World Championship coming out, but from what I gather, NWC 1990 was referenced in NES Remix 2, so maybe that's all it is. Don't think it has anything to do with Switch 2, though if it does, it's more obscure than the picture itself leads on.

My bad. By “less than a year” I meant this year. I doubt Nintendo would drop a reveal trailer this early if they’re gonna release in March 2025, ten months from now. They can just do a prese statement and then a trailer

ziggyrivers was talking about Midori retweet - someone mentioned Midori retweeted but didn't provide a screnshot.

(Or, you're sharing because "PH" retweeted? I don't recognize that as Midori, but I might be missing something here)
yeah , but i did for ph too since i was bringing the information about his retweet too

Looking into it now, I think all this tweet means is NES Remix Pack will be brought over to Switch, plus "maybe" a new Nintendo World Championship coming out, but from what I gather, NWC 1990 was referenced in NES Remix 2, so maybe that's all it is. Don't think it has anything to do with Switch 2, though if it does, it's more obscure than the picture itself leads on.
I doubt he would make such a suspicious post for that, there is definitely more into that...

I mean, a reveal this month does make good sense at least with respect to summer game announcements. With the original March plan, surely a lot of publishers were preparing to/wanted to slap Switch 2 on a lot of their trailers this summer. Obviously that's far from a necessity for Nintendo, they'll do just as well even if they reveal it after summer, but it is a plus for marketing and public hype.

I almost posted in here the other day that, if Nintendo was going to mention it in their quarterly meeting, is there a small chance they'd drop the reveal trailer beforehand or the day of...cause once they've said it, be it in the shareholders meeting or a press release that day, they've said it. People will know. I could see the argument of, why not show it off at that point? Of course, that only leaves two days before 5/7 - Friday and Monday. Both aren't typical "announcement" days but when we're talking about a console reveal, maybe that norm goes out the window.

wall of text/word vomit over

Last edited:
Someone earlier pointed out Pyoro is usually much more transparent about NSO stuff in general. Like, he wouldn't go to lengths to do some kind of obscure-level trolling just for NSO stuff.

Am I crazy because I saw the post and immediately/naturally thought it alluded to NWC returning in the summer, not Switch 2 related?
I mentioned that too, but then what would be the point of the tweet then? Why does Pyoro think it's something worth tweeting about?

Someone earlier pointed out Pyoro is usually much more transparent about NSO stuff in general. Like, he wouldn't go to lengths to do some kind of obscure-level trolling just for NSO stuff.

Just because he hasn't done so in the past doesn't mean Pyoro never will. We use the same arguments towards Nintendo, so I think the same logic can work for someone on Twitter. 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: And to be fair, I said nothing of an NSO drop since NES Remix was an official Wii U game.

This has to be Switch 2 related. If you Google image search “sw2 Nintendo” that image comes up but not as the first pic and not the first pic of the Nintendo World Championship cart but it is the first that is most clear. He chose it for a specific reason I think is Switch 2.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom