• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

If it's ReDraketed related, we likely know in 4-5 days.

Formal announcements of a sucessor before/during the first financial briefing of the FY of a new Nintendo platform are the norm to be honest, even for consoles launching at the end of that FY (like the 3DS or the Switch).

Oh i pretty much expect/hope for a PR announcement. It's just that i ask myself if Pyoro would tease this.

I differentiate between a PR announcement and a "full reveal", where they also show the system.

No idea. Might not be a hint, but I also have not known Pyoro to really tweet much at all unless it's to hint at something (not saying he "never", he has before).

NES Remix? NWC 2024? Late-stage Switch model announced alongside Switch 2? The possibilities are... well, they have an end. Not that many possibilities.

No idea. Might not be a hint, but I also have not known Pyoro to really tweet much at all unless it's to hint at something (not saying he "never", he has before).

Seriously, don't think its hardware related. That picture is the first high-res image that is shown on google.

Its either Nintendo World Championships 2024 Event in the summer or Nintendo World Championships 1990 NES Online drop.

i'm gonna put my tinfoil hat on.
In the image the third switch is the only one turned on and it adjusts the round's lenght by 75 seconds.
7/5 is the announcement date for switch 2.

A new Switch model like the 2DS? Not sure what audience that would be for, why not buy a Switch Lite?

Safe Prediction: A new Nintendo World Championship or new NSO games

Ideal Outcome: Switch 2/successor announcement
Tonnes of reasons. Why not ask, why a New 2DS XL? What audience would that be for? Why not buy a regular 2DS?

A new console means production line complexity, that was true when Switch launched and to offset it, they reduced their 3DS Family production complexity by putting everything into one new, cheaper model. It would make sense to do it again.

It's easy to imagine, the OLED is heavily cost and complexity reduced next to the V2. Take a 7" LCD, cost reduce the frame with more plastic, assemble it like the OLED, and discontinue Switch models, now you've hugely simplified your production. The V2 at the very least needs to be repackaged with the Dock with LAN Port to continue being sold, as some original dock parts are discontinued. They could use the same dock circuitboard for the whole line, in theory.

Much like how the 2DS got discontinued, I could well believe them discontinuing all Switch 1 models except for a new cost reduced 200-250$ model next year, and only have to make two consoles rather than three to four.

Such a model would, like NN2DSXL, tick a lot of boxes for customers. Cheap like the Lite, TV mode like the original, big screen like the OLED. It could be cost reduced without reducing appeal.

Weirdly he liked a comment suggesting Switch 1,2,3 and 4.

Like it’s either
  • World champion rom for NSO
  • NES remix
  • New switch SKU
  • Or finally a switch 2 acknowledgement

If he’s hinting at multiple Switches, could that mean that Switch Mini is real? Remember, there was a patent for it a while back.

Seriously, don't think its hardware related. That picture is the first high-res image that is shown on google.

Its either Nintendo World Championships 2024 Event in the summer or Nintendo World Championships 1990 NES Online drop.
That's where my head was going.

If this is just about Nintendo World Championships 2024, why even bother to tweet about it? What's the relevancy?

Pyoro isn't really known to just tweet out random shit (as far as I can tell). He has before but it's pretty rare.

There are other Nintendo WC images and dates, it's strange that he posted this one.

Could have also just been the logo.

Multiple (four) Switches:
• Switch
• Lite
• OLED

(Five, if you count V1 and V2 separately)
GMlEhhBWUAkhHlT

What if Switch II is called ''Switch Plus''?

There are other Nintendo WC images and dates, it's strange that he posted this one.

Could have also just been the logo.
Because it would be too easy to guess wouldnt get that much traction than just a logo for the event. Fact people are speculating its NSW2 he probably enjoying that than people jumping to a NSO Drop or an Live Event.

Press statements usually come from Public Relations, PRs are usually handled by marketing. Shit is stirring up. Either Pyoro’s sources saw the statement, or a trailer. And if it’s a trailer, maybe this is coming sooner

If you based it on the dip switches, the #3 switch is turned on. The #3 switch is 75 seconds. 7/5 orrrrrr. Reverse it, 5/7. Something happening in 5/7.

Midori retweet the tweet and pyoro bring likes to new switch related comments
That’s huge since she’s possibly the only one who slightly knows about the Dev-kit, release timing and when the Switch 2 will unveil, since didn’t Nate mention that Nintendo were asking third party’s for footage?

Maybe SEGA plans to tease the game reboots in the Switch 2 reveal trailer? And that’s how Midori could know
That would make sense, since from what we have heard Sega will be the biggest supporter for the Switch 2 at launch and first year of the system.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom