• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

8PM/9PM EST (depending on daylights saving time) on Thursday Nights are the most common nights when NSO updates are announced.

Shortly before the September Direct, Pyoro did the vague "what will close the Direct" and liked tweets suggesting it would be metroid related. They're a true insider but they do in fact have a history of trolling for fun.

That's very different.

Could this just be an NSO update with Tetris and Rad Racer (which are mentioned on that World Championships cart)? Betting it's something simple and lame like that and not any indication of a Switch 2. I think the rest of the insiders are getting in on the fun with this when it's almost certainly not Switch 2 related lol.

There are also GameCube prototypes with 3D screens out there, Nintendo seems to be always interested in 3D (and VR).

Yeah, and it's why the Digital Out was included in the original versions of the Gamecube system. Though, those were prototypes. Apparently, this 3D Famicom was a real accessory that launched to the public, and it flopped harder than a Soccer player faking an injury.

Could this just be an NSO update with Tetris and Rad Racer (which are mentioned on that World Championships cart)? Betting it's something simple and lame like that and not any indication of a Switch 2. I think the rest of the insiders are getting in on the fun with this when it's almost certainly not Switch 2 related lol.

It could be. We will see probably within like five days if this is a troll or not.

Please refrain from joking about mental health. - meatbag, Zellia, NabiscoFelt, ngpdrew, big lantern ghost, MissingNo
i think it's time to put some of you in a straitjacket

I guess others already commented it's a nothing burger/unrelated to Nintendo's dev portal, but I wouldn't mind if their cloud save data was actually brought up to modern standards, offering cloud saves for games like Pokemon/Dark Souls instead of arbitrary reasons not to have it, and a system in place for non-subscribers to back up their game saves physically if they so choose.

Nintendo Switch Plus announced the 5th of may. Trust me.

I'mma be real, of all the potential names out there, Switch Plus gives me big Wii U vibes 😅 Trying to capitalize on the success of the initial console and absolutely whiffing the naming convention to convey it's an upgrade and not an add-on accessory lol

The actual nwc rom coming to NSO would be the most disappointing outcome here.
Perhaps for you, but this might be the first if only NES update that would actually make me perk up with interest

Just looking at the Wiki page for Rad Racer, I had never known Nintendo developed a 3D Famicom attachment, which Rad Racer was designed with in mind.

Famicom-3D-System.jpg
Huh, I didn't know about this either being exclusive to Japan. I have the original game cartridge for North America and know when you press Select it'll turn on a red/blue '3D' effect screen, but whenever I tried using a pair of those old cardboard glasses the 3D effect never worked for me haha

I've only been on the forum for less than two months and I've already figured out whether most of the people in this thread are optimistic or pessimistic and where they stand lmao

Not blaming anyone for thinking this is Switch 2 related, considering the deliberateness of the 'hint' and who's hinting it.

The best thing about this “leak”/“rumor” is that probably won’t be only a vague acknowledgment to the investors.

Next week we are getting that October reveal trailer.

Here we goooooo

I think it's more likely it's Tetris NES, and Rad Racer than it is anything to do with Switch 2.

Our suffering might finally be over in a span of a week. Imagine a reveal trailer in 7th of may, then... The hype will implode.

natsuki-subaru-crying.gif

Are there any other Nintendo-related products that have the words “Switch 2” on them? This would be one hell of a coincidence (or troll) if it wasn’t about Switch 2.

Like if I were Pyoro and wanted to find a random Nintendo-related image that had the words “switch 2” somewhere on it as part of a hint, the NWC cart makes a ton of sense to choose.

I prefer the term realist, though we're so starved for information, a fart in the wind would cause chaos and destruction to this thread. :poop:
We have a number of "pessimistic" posters here that I would not remotely consider as a "realist".

I also don't think a realist whould/should ignore Pyoro's past tendencies either. 🤷‍♂️

If it does end up being NSO, then I stand by what I said before: It's a silly thing to troll/be vague about, and would be something that hasn't been done on this kind of scale before by Pyoro.

He also has been pretty quick to correct or followup, which hasn't happen yet. Not saying this is 100% about Switch 2, but given Pyoro's past tendencies and him not following up with corrections or anything like that, I cannot be so sure it's about NSO.

Last edited:
Are there any other Nintendo-related products that have the words “Switch 2” on them? This would be one hell of a coincidence (or troll) if it wasn’t about Switch 2.

Like if I were Pyoro and wanted to find a random Nintendo-related image that had the words “switch 2” somewhere on it as part of a hint, the NWC cart makes a ton of sense to choose.
Nintendo Switch, 2 pictures

I'm going to be so sad if there's no announcement after this tweet, so I can understand why some people are trying so hard to believe it's nothing.

Finally. It's coming!

e12switch2.jpg

So there is an idea going around that relies on Pyoro having a photographic memory of what the World Championship cart looks like in order to pick it as a hint for a new console. Or it's something World Championship related. I know which I'd choose.

As far as I remember, nobody was having this problem with Everybody 1 2 Switch hints, despite having the word Switch and 2 in close proximity.

This isn't a game announcement or a NSO reveal since if we look at his post history he's always transparent if it's a game.

The thing with the new tweet is that it has SW2 and SWN which are at the on button.
Also 37.5 can be seen as 15:00 PM at 7th of may.

Also see the green part of the cartridge, it has a number N2, with ON--MD

Also what would NMN. 0260 mean.

So there is an idea going around that relies on Pyoro having a photographic memory of what the World Championship cart looks like in order to pick it as a hint for a new console. Or it's something World Championship related. I know which I'd choose.

As far as I remember, nobody was having this problem with Everybody 1 2 Switch hints, despite having the word Switch and 2 in close proximity.
Or he just googled "Nintendo SW2" and used the first (rather, second one since it makes more sense) result from the image search. Doesn't have to be a photographic memory.

(of course this is me wearing tinfoil hat, but just wanted to point out it could be as simple as that)

This isn't a game announcement or a NSO reveal since if we look at his post history he's always transparent if it's a game.

The thing with the new tweet is that it has SW2 and SWN which are at the on button.

you think he found a picture of something from 34 years ago that has multiple references that line up exactly to events that have yet to happen?

DIP switches are confusing unless you're used to DIP switches. I find them kinda charming on the NWC cart because it reminds me of the atari days, where there were difficulty switches on the console itself.

DIP switches are confusing unless you're used to DIP switches. I find them kinda charming on the NWC cart because it reminds me of the atari days, where there were difficulty switches on the console itself.
And if you push down reset button halfway (not all the way), sometimes taking a few tries, you can play games in a very glitchy/weird state.

Those were the days, lol.

Engagement Farm of Death holy shit.

Just tweet 'it's happening' or something my god

We have a number of "pessimistic" posters here that I would not remotely consider as a "realist".

I also don't think a realist whould/should ignore Pyoro's past tendencies either. 🤷‍♂️

Blindfold a person in a desert, and they'll make a circle ending up right where they started. And Nintendo is tremendously good at blindfolding us.

coffee.gif

This new Tegra chip was manufactured by [Insert either TSMC, or Samsung
I don’t think you’d even get that, as it’s not really relevant to what they are doing or meant to do, even the game engineers. And in Nintendo’s case they’d prefer to give you the software details. The only way one would know is if they open up the device, look at the silicon in the device and see if it mentions anything about Samsung or TSMC.

However, there’s issues with doing so:
1) requires you to open it up, and you can tell if someone opened up a developer kit.

2) stemming from 1, these can be easily traced back, as a dev kit can be assigned to you that Nintendo would know which developer kit is or was under your care and not remotely visa some technology but a simple method. Company Alpha requested a developer kit, they receive kit that has the numbers 123456789. Developer kit is returned and has been tampered with, is investigated, who had kit 123456789? Oh it was company alpha. And then more investigation. Was it dropped? No it was not… then it was opened, for what purpose? Etc.

3) stemming from the second, you put not only yourself at risk, but you put your colleagues and your company at risk of being blacklisted.

So, you wouldn’t find this stuff out until it’s told via Nvidia or by Nintendo if they ever do that. Another way is that they don’t tell you and a few weeks after the launch of the console, you get someone opening it up. Takes a pic. Posts it online.

The most Nintendo would tell them is that it is a custom NVIDIA Tegra Processor (because that is what it is)

The fact that Midori and PH all interacted with the tweet really has my attention, I'm now gearing towards either a new Nintendo World Championship or a legitimate hardware teaser/announcement. A new NSO game doesn't really seem like something Pyoro would be this cryptic over

Jesus Christ i was fast scrolling and came across that first tweet in your post thinking it was from today and became immediately deflated

I don’t think you’d even get that, as it’s not really relevant to what they are doing or meant to do, even the game engineers. And in Nintendo’s case they’d prefer to give you the software details. The only way one would know is if they open up the device, look at the silicon in the device and see if it mentions anything about Samsung or TSMC.

However, there’s issues with doing so:
1) requires you to open it up, and you can tell if someone opened up a developer kit.

2) stemming from 1, these can be easily traced back, as a dev kit can be assigned to you that Nintendo would know which developer kit is or was under your care and not remotely visa some technology but a simple method. Company Alpha requested a developer kit, they receive kit that has the numbers 123456789. Developer kit is returned and has been tampered with, is investigated, who had kit 123456789? Oh it was company alpha. And then more investigation. Was it dropped? No it was not… then it was opened, for what purpose? Etc.

3) stemming from the second, you put not only yourself at risk, but you put your colleagues and your company at risk of being blacklisted.

So, you wouldn’t find this stuff out until it’s told via Nvidia or by Nintendo if they ever do that. Another way is that they don’t tell you and a few weeks after the launch of the console, you get someone opening it up. Takes a pic. Posts it online.

The most Nintendo would tell them is that it is a custom NVIDIA Tegra Processor (because that is what it is)

That's why I clarified later in the post if they don't specify the foundry, we'll only know for sure when the system launches, and it's opened up, clockspeeds tested, and wattages recorded. You are correct it'll most likely just be listed as a custom Tegra chip.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom