• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

@Pyoro why don't you just tell us what the deal is with that tweet dude? You can trust us, we're cool.

r1xp54v7oqh71.png

HDR is a must on the Switch 2, and it better be the best HDR in any game console, nice and bright and full DCI-P3 color, none of this 1000 nits max HDR, let me use these new 5000 nits Mini-LED TVs in some ultra bright colorful HDR Mario games! (Sorry for the rant lol)

Imma be real, I highly doubt that the World Championships, which is essentially a challenge compilation of existing games, is coming to NSO, nor do I think Pyoro is hinting at anything related to the World Championships as we just got done with two big Nintendo tournaments that literally had the same subtitle a few weeks ago.

Keep in mind, Pyoro only really tweets if the bird believes that it’s something that he, or fans of Nintendo, would look forward to.

Especially considering he didn’t tweet anything regarding the latest Indie World before it was announced despite doing so previously, because the bird didn’t believe there wasn’t anything that he or people would care about. (And he was right 🥲)

Last edited:
You know, everyones been discussing the chances of this meaning switch 2, but I’m wondering what we would actually get assuming it is switch 2 news. Because if it really is just a mention, I’m not sure the bird would be this subtle about things for this long. I know it goes against patterns, but could we actually get a far earlier hype cycle for switch 2 than anticipated? I mean if Nintendo doesn’t have any major games for the rest of the year, maybe starting up the switch 2 flame could be good for keeping fans/investors at bay. I’m not sure if I believe this is actually gonna happen, but I think it’s worth some consideration

Imma be real, I highly doubt that the World Championships, which is essentially a challenge compilation of existing games, is coming to NSO, nor do I think Pyoro is hinting at anything related to the World Championships as we just got done with two big Nintendo tournaments that literally had the same subtitle a few weeks ago.

Keep in mind, Pyroro only really tweets if the bird believes that it’s something that he, or fans of Nintendo, would look forward to.

Especially considering he didn’t tweet anything regarding the latest Indie World before it was announced despite doing so previously, because the bird didn’t believe there wasn’t anything that he or people would care about. (And he was right 🥲)
Plus he has always given a warning for NSO announcements, something he hasn’t done here. And I know people are thinking it’s a joke, but isn’t it a bit strange the Pyoro has historically liked a post when they guessed his hints correctly, and the only post he liked talks about future consoles?

Well that's what you get for reading into everything lmao.
Y'all are embarrassing yourselves honestly like jesus. I don't think speculation in this thread has been this tinfoil uh. conspiracist levels. (see mods, i'm watching my language)
I think this whole thing is lame and an interaction farm but why should they give a shit about what you think lol they're just having fun

I think this whole thing is lame and an interaction farm but why should they give a shit about what you think lol they're just having fun
Idk I've been getting a lot of shit for not buying into this being a big Switch 2 conspiracy. Both by normal forumgoers and by mods.

They’re not going to do an unannounced reveal (trailer) of Switch 2 at their financials without a prior notification. If there’s anything Switch 2 it will just be ‘We’re working on the next generation of Nintendo hardware / Switch successor and fans should expect news in the weeks and months ahead’. Nothing worth going crazy over.

The wait for early Tuesday morning was already daunting but this Pyoro mess is making my anxiety go off the charts, feed us more clues you crazy bird

Last edited:
They’re not going to do an unannounced reveal of Switch 2 at their financials without a prior notification. If there’s anything Switch 2 it will just be ‘We’re working on the next generation of Nintendo hardware and fans should expect news in the weeks and months ahead’. Nothing worth going crazy over.
Not feeding into this bullshit Pyoro thing but didn't they announce the 3DS's existence via press release?

Plus he has always given a warning for NSO announcements, something he hasn’t done here. And I know people are thinking it’s a joke, but isn’t it a bit strange the Pyoro has historically liked a post when they guessed his hints correctly, and the only post he liked talks about future consoles?
he is a guy who says to fake leakers delete their account , so he is serious about misinformation . but this subtle aproach is not like he normally does for NSO

I think this is Pyoro's way of announcing that he himself is participating in the next Nintendo World Championships.

Midori liked the post because she too is participating.

It's a leaker battle royale to the death orchestrated by Nintendo. Winner gets to keep the right to leak.

They’re not going to do an unannounced reveal of Switch 2 at their financials without a prior notification. If there’s anything Switch 2 it will just be ‘We’re working on the next generation of Nintendo hardware and fans should expect news in the weeks and months ahead’. Nothing worth going crazy over.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they've announced the Switch Lite and Switch OLED without prior noticfication.

So it certianly hasn't stopped them before, that's for sure.

I think this is Pyoro's way of announcing that he himself is participating in the next Nintendo World Championships.

Midori liked the post because she too is participating.

It's a leaker battle royale to the death orchestrated by Nintendo. Winner gets to keep the right to leak.
but midori is sega , she dosent need to participate

Y'all are embarrassing yourselves honestly like jesus. I don't think speculation in this thread has been this tinfoil uh. conspiracist levels. (see mods, i'm watching my language)
I gotta admit I'm curious as to why you're being so damn hostile to people in this thread.

TBF I don't think anyone was suggesting Switch 2 would be revealed at financial meeting either beyond just a "mention", if there is even a mention at all.

They know how hungry we are for the new hardware. So any hint with anything even remotely saying 'Switch 2' from them will obviously spread like a wildfire and they know their impact. I find it hard to believe that this hint was for something as uninteresting as a championship, particularly when knowing about people's despair being in the unknown. If indeed it is not about Switch 2, then we have finally discovered the bird's masochistic side 🙀 (just kidding).

For repeatedly antagonizing an entire part of the community and ignoring previous feedback, you've been banned for two weeks and permanently threadbanned. - Tangerine_Cookie, meatbag, Zellia, MissingNo, big lantern ghost, NabiscoFelt, BassForever
I gotta admit I'm curious as to why you're being so damn hostile to people in this thread.
The only ones calling me hostile is getting their feelings hurt that we might not be at the end of the tunnel and see this thing imminently and are huffing copium so hard because... idk. You should see all the people who hopped on my ass for not engaging in their delusions. I would like general discussion/speculation that makes sense.

TBF I don't think anyone was suggesting Switch 2 would be revealed at financial meeting either beyond just a "mention", if there is even a mention at all.

Not directly, but people were saying their anxiety was off the charts and that the wait for Tuesday was daunting. I’d have thought that’s because they think Nintendo would show Switch 2 but who knows, maybe just the potential mention of this thing has that effect on people.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they've announced the Switch Lite and Switch OLED without prior noticfication.

So it certianly hasn't stopped them before, that's for sure.

This is a next generation console which requires a carefully managed marketing cycle, not a hardware refresh.

Last edited:
It depends on how you define announcement. Mentioning it or just talking about how they plan to keep their current Switch Userbase in the future are things that could happen.

Again I point you to the Nintendo 3DS which was revealed and detailed via press release around an IR event.

I’m talking about seeing the system as in a reveal trailer etc.

Statement etc is definitely possible like I said earlier.

You sounded so sure of yourself

Well, I am really sure we won’t see the full reveal (trailer). Maybe a teaser for the reveal would be good.

Maybe this is just crossed wires.

Uhh, let's not get too off-topic now.
Why not? We're already way off topic talking about NWC and how this is totally a Switch 2 tease obviously! I mean look... it has dip switches! It's so obvious! How could you NOT drink the kool-aid and believe that?

Do you see how absurd that sounds? Do you see how hard the tinfoils are huffing their copium? I really enjoy coming to this thread and discussing things and I get some like coarkboard speculation but this is just the most pathetic development in this whole discussion and I've been observing it for months at this point.

The only ones calling me hostile is getting their feelings hurt that we might not be at the end of the tunnel and see this thing imminently and are huffing copium so hard because... idk. You should see all the people who hopped on my ass for not engaging in their delusions. I would like general discussion/speculation that makes sense.
If you aren't engaging and others aren't engaing with you then just wait for the thread to die down a bit. Whining about an extremely optional thread is not the best way to spend your day lol.

1. My feelings aren't hurt, I'm just observing your general vibe

2. I don't give a damn when the thing releases because I have a massive backlog and honestly the later the better

3. "Huffing copium" is some alt-right twitter language so that's not making it easy to give you benefit of the doubt

4. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. Taking the position that "if I agree with it = sensible and if I disagree= delusional" is a pretty arrogant angle to be coming from, especially for a speculation thread.

Why not? We're already way off topic talking about NWC and how this is totally a Switch 2 tease obviously! I mean look... it has dip switches! It's so obvious! How could you NOT drink the kool-aid and believe that?

Do you see how absurd that sounds? Do you see how hard the tinfoils are huffing their copium? I really enjoy coming to this thread and discussing things and I get some like coarkboard speculation but this is just the most pathetic development in this whole discussion and I've been observing it for months at this point.
The idea of this thread is that Speculation is fun (At least to me). Things said in here don‘t need to get true and no one should cry over it.

Fact lot of you expecting Nintendo to acknowledge Switch 2 at this finical earning meeting makes me think they aint going do that because its Nintendo.

If you find people having fun while speculating about magic words from a cartoon bird pathetic maybe you should take a break and come later.

Fact lot of you expecting Nintendo to acknowledge Switch 2 at this finical earning meeting makes me think they aint going do that because its Nintendo.
I personally don’t think it really matters. I don’t need to know that there’s a new console some day (because of course there is), I want to see the reveal trailer and the games. And that’s probably happening in the fall. I don’t care what they’re telling their investors before that.

You sounded so sure of yourself
I’m talking about seeing the system as in a reveal trailer etc.

Statement etc is definitely possible like I said earlier.

Well, I am really sure we won’t see the full reveal (trailer). Maybe a teaser for the reveal would be good.

Maybe this is just crossed wires.

Pleas stop arguing, with faith we'll get an announcement, because for the love of god i don't wanna talk about magnets for another week.
lebron-james-lebron.gif

Eh it’s all in good fun, so it’s no big deal. Also the bolded is blatantly false lol. It’s died down in the past year or so, but back when we were gradually getting new info on here and back when this thread was on the purple site, it got pretty… tinfoil-y?

The thing is, if the Pyoro tweet is about a generic Switch 2 press release... how would he know about it?
A reveal trailer sure, multiple marketing people will know about it, but it's too early for one.
On the other hand, a press release would be known by exclusively the highest of the higher-ups, as it's not something that has to be spread around people.

There are concrete examples of Pyoro outright stating NSO releases. Why go around in circles questioning if it’s maybe a NSO drop?

Or question the selection of the image? Like, who cares? It’s the lmage he used, it conveys a subtle, yet kinda obvious hint to what he could be referring
As @oldpuck has said: Because it's more fun that way and worst case scenario they aren't doing an outright lie but a clever misdirection based on news that, assuming it's only referring to an NSO update, would still further reinforce that they are legit.

I personally don’t think it really matters. I don’t need to know that there’s a new console some day (because of course there is), I want to see the reveal trailer and the games. And that’s probably happening in the fall. I don’t care what they’re telling their investors before that.
Yeah, im in the same boat as you. Tho this time is lot different compare to coming from Wii to Wii U and Wii U to NX during tail end of those time Nintendo wasnt in a good position needed to make investors and partners to be interested with their products. On consumer sides of thing Switch aint slowing down a bit so they dont have to tell investors in a year advance that they plan to release new hardware in XYZ season.

The thing is, if the Pyoro tweet is about a generic Switch 2 press release... how would he know about it?
A reveal trailer sure, multiple marketing people will know about it, but it's too early for one.
On the other hand, a press release would be known by exclusively the highest of the higher-ups, as it's not something that has to be spread around people.
That's why it's curious to me.

Multiple Switches?

Pyoro learning about it? (Meaning it's probably ended up in someone's marketing department.)

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom