• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

11 new pages..

Please tell me it's worth it.
it's 11 pages worth of arguing what Pyoro's cryptic tweet could mean (if it even means anything and not just a random tweet).

So whether you think it's worth it to read through or not is up to you.

I’m going to assume they’re releasing the Nintendo World Championship cart onto NSO. Essentially just a score-based complication of NES games

But I would LOVE to be wrong. PLEASE

If it's not Switch 2, then I'd rather it be something out of left field. The NWC game on NSO would be incredibly dull, small portions of three NES games. Would only be worth it if they added a leaderboard feature, or made it into a full game.

they have a history of outright stating if certain speculation is correct or incorrect by way of likes/retweets or just blatantly saying nope that’s not it. unless, the bird has been caught in which case, it’s gonna be a long painful wait till tuesday.

Nintendo World Championships 1990 is a specialized Nintendo Entertainment System cartridge only ever used for the Nintendo World Championships held from March 8, 1990 to December 9, 1990, in 29 cities across the United States of America. It features one Super Mario game, Super Mario Bros., as well as Rad Racer, and Tetris as the other two games. The Super Mario Bros. challenge gave players 99 lives, although they had to collect 50 coins in the shortest time possible. All three games were only playable for six minutes and 21 seconds each, but this was adjustable via DIP switches on the cartridge.
source

Stretching it here, but maybe there's something happening on June 21st (6/21)?

There was a direct on the same day last year.

Last edited:
The only ones calling me hostile is getting their feelings hurt that we might not be at the end of the tunnel and see this thing imminently and are huffing copium so hard because... idk. You should see all the people who hopped on my ass for not engaging in their delusions. I would like general discussion/speculation that makes sense.
lol, lmao even.

With how switch 2 leaks/teases have gone in the past I’m going to assume anything pyoro might have is misinformation and the Switch 2 is delayed to 2026 lol.

so lets try to resume this last 11(12?) pages

pyoro atacks again with a tweet of a worlds 1990 nes game

switch 2 hope vs new worlds vs NSO vs nes remix

phbrasil , necrolipe and midori like/retweet/comments (later midori remove the retweet )

news about the NintendoWare Bezel Engine fps upgrade

and 1 ban for now

2750 before 9 pm EDT ???

I’m going to assume they’re releasing the Nintendo World Championship cart onto NSO. Essentially just a score-based complication of NES games

But I would LOVE to be wrong. PLEASE
I'm prepared for that... hope for a NES REMIX from wii u annoucement ... but if it is what everyone thinks it is... man...... what a bomb shell

So....
Assuming Pyoro really hint to an imminent reveal, it only make sense for Nintendo to reveal it now with more and more leaks probably coming, with console being official, they will probably be able to open Devkit to more developers and allow current developers to announce their launch plan during summer events.
Plus, it will be a good thing to explain the void in the calendar to investors.

As for a 4th model of the current Switch, I feel like SWOLED is already that "ultimate" machine, Switch Lite OLED would not really make sense, maybe Calcio but with Switch 2 rumored to be targeting 4K, TV Mode will probably be one of their marketing point, so calcio is probably not coming.

Now, Pyoro seem to know things, they're probably not making traditional ads for TV/Press for an early reveal, so I kinda feel like he might have seen reveal announcement which could be coming tomorrow/Monday? Nintendo will probably want coverage over their next console and not just shadow drop it overnight.

Quite an exciting week to come, can't wait to see how this unwrap

Oatmealdome is a notable dataminer for Nintendo stuff, he pretty much started providing info on games before they release, engine info, upcoming content in certain games like Splatoon etc.

their tweets/posts are usually like this:

Oatmealdome is a notable dataminer for Nintendo stuff, he pretty much started providing info on games before they release, engine info, upcoming content in certain games like Splatoon etc.

their tweets/posts are usually like this:

Did bro say something that was out of pocket? for the ban or is he even banned?

Has everyone suddenly forgotten the rather significant supposed leaks from last week or something?
Eh, we have already talked about it to death it seems, also the only noticeable aspect would be the magnets in my opinion.

But i'm quite intrigued by the bulge that the Dock will have behind it, because it can mean that it'll have some sort of cooling system or even a fan. With that the Switch can reach more teraflops, without it overheating.

Did bro say something that was out of pocket? for the ban or is he even banned?

Nah, I believe you're getting that mixed with an actual Fami member who got banned in this thread. Check the post above your earlier one asking about the ban stuff and you'll get your answer.

Eh, we have already talked about it to death it seems, also the only noticeable aspect would be the magnets in my opinion.

But i'm quite intrigued by the bulge that the Dock will have behind it, because it can mean that it'll have some sort of cooling system or even a fan. With that the Switch can reach more teraflops, without it overheating.
Didn't it also mention backwards compatibility?

Nah, I believe you're getting that mixed with an actual Fami member who got banned in this thread. Check the post above your earlier one asking about the ban stuff and you'll get your answer.
OHHHH, i heard someone mention he got banned, which i found weird, since the pigeon guy was the one banned, but thanks for the clarity.

I don’t think anything is happening tomorrow. Fridays for Nintendo have mainly been used for game releases, but now game releases will be on Thursdays starting with Endless Ocean Luminous.

Last edited:
Didn't it also mention backwards compatibility?
Yups, backward compatible with the pro controller, which is really nice.

and also Switch 1 games, which is huge, since i see the Switch library to be one of the best, that Nintendo has produced.

These seem to be settings for variable frame rate, but not VRR.

Variable frame rate, aka smoothed frame rate or adaptive Vsync, is a common setting in PC games/engines that predates VRR. You cap at a maximum FPS, and then if the game falls below that, Vsync is automatically disabled. Below the minimum, Vsync is enabled again. Basically the goal is to have a fixed minimum and maximum outside which Vsync is on to avoid tearing, but inside which Vsync is off to avoid stuttering.

I don't actually know why Nintendo would implement this in Bezel Engine, since at least in the Switch 1's case, Vsync is always enabled and there's no way to turn it off (outside of devkits). So that seems like it might make us end up back at this being Switch 2-only, but again, it doesn't seem to be (directly?) related to VRR. I don't see how a minimum and maximum value defined by the game would have any relation to VRR, which is about the display hardware automatically changing its framerate based on whatever frame pacing the game is throwing at it.

Being something that's relevant to the Switch 1 version of the engine would also explain why these settings are appearing in a config file for Endless Ocean. Bezel Engine is distributed as a core engine plus an NX add-on currently, and you would expect any Switch 2-only settings to be hidden away in the [REDACTED] add-on, not visible in something built with the Switch 1 version of the engine. I can't claim this is a perfect explanation, due to the Vsync thing, but it's possible my understanding of the Vsync situation or how variable/smoothed frame rate works is incomplete -- maybe these settings are more related to the game's internal stepping and not the presentation frame rate at all; the last "sub step" setting looks to be related to that -- so there may be some other explanation of how these settings are indeed Switch 1-compatible.

something i would like from switch 2 is a official vertical mode , so big mobile games like duel links or the nintendo mobile like fe heroes can be suported and give to the switch 2 more games

but i belive this can be a 2 edge sword because can affect main game sells

I don't actually know why Nintendo would implement this in Bezel Engine, since at least in the Switch 1's case, Vsync is always enabled and there's no way to turn it off (outside of devkits). So that seems like it might make us end up back at this being Switch 2-only, but again, it doesn't seem to be (directly?) related to VRR. I don't see how a minimum and maximum value defined by the game would have any relation to VRR, which is about the display hardware automatically changing its framerate based on whatever frame pacing the game is throwing at it.
Debugging setting? It doesn't quite fit, but there are lots of reasons to have no vsync in development, both for performance testing and bug testing. This isn't video game development, but for some applications we'd turn off vsync and then capture the output buffer in automated testing in order to do analysis after the fact.

The max GPU speeds of 1.6GHz or 1.6 TFLOPs on on SD will always be the comparison point.
Edit: I want to clarify that I'm talking about GPUs in general, not specifically about Van Gogh.
GHz ≠ TFLOPs

GHz = the number of instructions the GPU can execute per second (i.e. the GPU frequency)
TFLOPs = the number of arithmetic operations (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) involving numbers with decimal points (floating point numbers) the GPU can do per second

As for RAM... If we are lucky and manage to get lpddr5x--and with max speeds of 8533 Mbit/s (134GB/s) at launch, maybe for a 2029 revision we can get LPDDR5X-10700. Using a 12nm node process, it offers 25% more bandwidth.. or 25% power efficiency (I'm assuming at the same clockspeeds as a regular lpddr5x).. so .75 watts vs 1 watt 🤷🏽?
I don't know when the lpddr5x-10700 will be released. Maybe in late 2025

Considering Samsung mentioned planning on launching LPDDR6 in 2026 at the earliest, I think Nintendo's more likely to use LPDDR6 than LPDDR5X-10700 for a revision since JEDEC's going to more likely than not officially validate LPDDR6, which likely enables Nintendo to source the LPDDR6 modules and the LPDDR6 controller from more than one company. On the other hand, I think Samsung's more likely than not going to be the only provider of the LPDDR5X-10700 modules and the LPDDR5X-10700 controller.

And Samsung's press release mentions Samsung starting mass production of LPDDR5X-10700 modules in 2H 2024.

In the best case scenario, Nintendo thinks that VRR is an important enough feature is important enough to support in handheld mode and TV mode.

Last edited:
But why would you search for SW2? Nobody ever called it that. Sure if Nintendo announce a codename SW2 next week I'll agree, but otherwise, it doesn't make sense.
Pyoro liking the tweet that mocks the Switch holistic detectives by linking the image to Switch 2, Switch 3 and Switch 4 is surely not confirmation either.
Another user has already answered you, it is an abbreviation of Nintendo Switch 2.

... because for the love of god i don't wanna talk about magnets for another week.
lebron-james-lebron.gif
MAGNETS? Did someone say "magnets?" Be careful, you might lose a pinky :p.

So now that Endless Ocean is out, we’re down to just three upcoming first party Nintendo games:
1. Paper Mario TTYD
2. Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD
3. Pokemon Legends Z-A
If you also count Metroid Prime 4, then that’s four. I’m just counting the three that have release dates.

Debugging setting? It doesn't quite fit, but there are lots of reasons to have no vsync in development, both for performance testing and bug testing. This isn't video game development, but for some applications we'd turn off vsync and then capture the output buffer in automated testing in order to do analysis after the fact.

Would be something if Nintendo became the first console to support 240hz…

Sony, and Microsoft pushing for 120hz on their systems, and Nintendo comes out with a 240hz mode because…Nintendo.

I'm glad Nintendo are going for the full 4TF in Docked Mode.

For RT in handheld mode, DLSS Ray Reconstruction will help a lot, even if the ray resolution is tweaked to be much lower than the options on PC (which is what I assume most developers will do).

The next Super Smash Bros is gonna look soooooooo good, I'm predicting it will probably look just like the CGI in the Smash 4 trailers (in particular Charizard's trailer, it's been 10 years since that trailer!)

Isn’t it technically a third party game though? It was in the Partner Showcase. I was specifically referring to first party games.
Anything published by Nintendo is first party, which is the case here. Publishers are the ones that set the date anyway.

I'm glad Nintendo are going for the full 4TF in Docked Mode.

For RT in handheld mode, DLSS Ray Reconstruction will help a lot, even if the ray resolution is tweaked to be much lower than the options on PC (which is what I assume most developers will do).

The next Super Smash Bros is gonna look soooooooo good, I'm predicting it will probably look just like CGI in the Smash 4 trailers (in particular Charizard's trailer)
you mean greninja one , since he was the new fighter , zard is only a returning one

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom