• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

I just think new games would be better and sell better, I don't get the approach of following up Fates with three straight entries that are either nostalgia driven or are remakes. Most of the audience has no nostalgia for these games. Put the old games on NSO with a translation.
Fates was followed up by Echoes, 3 Houses and Engage (not to mention the Warrior games), 1 remake and 2 new games. Unless people played a rom or actually in japanese, Echoes was new (and presumably 4 also). A "new game" will sell better probably, but like I said they dont have to worry about that.

There is also the reality that the new hires were fans of these games and would like for others to have the same experiences, there are people who worked on Echoes that have not have prominent roles in Engage or 3H, so they probably had a group prototyping it will the rest either finished Engage or started other project.

Multiple things that stand out is:

Fire Emblem doesn't have the "Echoes" name that everyone has assumed will be Nintendo's way of marketing FE remakes.

The Metroid Prime remasters should have a similar name to the first one.

The obvious one to me is the amount of Scamco games that are listed. They normally only have 1 maybe 2 games that get featured. This person listed 4 for whatever reason.

There are others, but those stood out after a quick glance.

Celica's Emblem name in Engage being Emblem of Echoes kinda killed the whole Echoes as a marketing subtitle IMO

We're on a roll here actually bothering to design an RPG Kirby game xD

But yes, ATB would be cool, and I'm imagining sprites as visuals, not a 3D thing, or maybe the Super Mario RPG engine could work graphically for a hypothetical Kirby RPG game.

Kirby's abilities could also work a la FINAL FANTASY V Job System, where you decide which Job/ability to be: Sword Kirby, Stone, etc.
I’m thinking it could be mroe like persona kirby (mc) can wield multiple copy abilities (personas)

While the other party members are stuck to 1 but can upgrade them.

What if instead of remaking unpopular games, they made popular new games with new stories and mechanics and maps.

Fire Emblem 10 is a great game.

It sold 500k copies as a launch window title on the Nintendo Wii and nearly killed the franchise.

It was given a pretty strong opportunity and people didn't buy it and remaking it would take 4+ years, just make new games and throw those titles on the GameCube emulator.
Just do the resident evil format and rotate it.

The expectation is remakes sell better than the originals reallly.

Also the first couple until the gba were Japanese exclusive so they aren’t unpopular they litterly doen exist in the industry outside of japan.

And In japan those old games are still the best selling ones to this day.

The remakes are an amazing idea gaiden kinda fumbled by releasing so late.

I would rather fe4 remake launches with 3d Mario tbh.

People need to stop saying this as it's a completely asinine suggestion. I have to assume people making it have not played either game in question. We know how long a FE dlc campaign "like Torna" would be, we got them from both 3 Houses and Engage. Spoilers they're 6-8 battles and only last around 10 hours.

Thracia is a full length Fire Emblem game, with over 30 battles that equates to ~40 hours of content. Not only that, its mechanics are RADICALLY different from the game it's a midquel to. Thracia trades FE4's massive maps for much smaller ones. Thracia introduces a stamina and capture mechanic that radically change how players tackle maps. Thracia has deployment limits on maps whereas FE4 you can deploy everyone. FE4 has a marriage and children system that Thracia doesn't.

I could go on but the point should be made. Nobody is suggesting they remake Fire Emblem 6 or 9 and then make FE7 or 10 dlc, it's completely off base to suggest FE5 should be dlc. It would be like if Nintendo did a remake of Ocarina of Time, and people suggested Majora's Mask could be a dlc campaign for that remake. Anyone who made that would get laughed out of the discussion. That's how off base FE5 being dlc for FE4 is.
So, like torna rpetty much??

Other than length torna loses and gains tons of mechanics . Not to the same extent really but it wouldn’t be entirely unreasonable depending on how much asset reuse they could do.

Or they could do soemthing like resident evil 2 and 3 remake but I think if it’s not dlc it’s going be very different from it

Board-Completet2-B.png

Podium-Complete1.png

Today, this entire forum is after a NINTENDO DIRECT!! But they'll have to avoid the Wario, as they play the most exciting game of their lives!! From The Treehouse on Famiboards, it's time to PRESS YOUR LUCK!!

And now, here's your host, the STAR of PRESS YOUR LUCK,
EvilChameleon!!

Thank you thank you thank you and welcome to the 8th Nintendo Direct Speculation thread! I've often thought direct speculation was a bit like the classic gameshow Press Your Luck. Everyone comes in wanting big announcements, and you can either leave elated, or with absolutely nothing that interests you. I tried to put a good selection of fun stuff on the board, some oft-rumored stuff, some random stuff, etc. Plus there's the dreaded Wario, who will take away all your announcements and leave you waiting for the next Nintendo Direct. The current rumors are we will see a Nintendo Direct in April, so let's light up the board and go!

Instead of a poll, I'm going to ask weekly questions within the thread itself, based upon things we might see in this next direct. I will be using the threadmark system, so if you miss one, check those out! And here is the first question;

Seeing as I'm launching this thread on Mario Day, if we do indeed get a Mario sports game in this next direct, what sport will it be?

ok i will toss a coin and predict Metroid Prime 4 will be the one more thing of this Nintendo Direct, Nintendo will anounce Metroid Prime 2/3 Remastered or a simply port and this will lead to a Metroid Prime 4 trailer, kinda like Nintendo anounced Pikmin 1+2 closer to Pikmin 4 release.

So, like torna rpetty much??

Other than length torna loses and gains tons of mechanics . Not to the same extent really but it wouldn’t be entirely unreasonable depending on how much asset reuse they could do.

Or they could do soemthing like resident evil 2 and 3 remake but I think if it’s not dlc it’s going be very different from it
Torna (and Future Redeemed) are still a fraction of the length of XC2/3 even if we're just talking main line the story, like the dlc campaigns for Fire Emblem 3H and Engage are a fraction of those games lengths.

Tharcia 776 is almost as long as Genealogy of the Holy War, and would need another 80+ new voiced characters for playable characters and villains. It's completely unreasonable and I stand by my orignal "you must not have played FE4 or 5 if you think 5 can be dlc for 4".

Torna (and Future Redeemed) are still a fraction of the length of XC2/3 even if we're just talking main line the story, like the dlc campaigns for Fire Emblem 3H and Engage are a fraction of those games lengths.

Tharcia 776 is almost as long as Genealogy of the Holy War, and would need another 80+ new voiced characters for playable characters and villains. It's completely unreasonable and I stand by my orignal "you must not have played FE4 or 5 if you think 5 can be dlc for 4".

As I mentioned in the previous Direct speculation chat, the inevitable FE5 remake better keep this.
hphopmi1mq241.jpg

HPYN28MWwcXbDmtwEAaxjnAlG_6Wj1MOUIgI1coh3mE.jpg

Tbh, Torna and FR are still comically long even as expansions go. If they were sold as full games by themselves (which Torna was at one point), I don't think people would've battered an eye. God I love this series.

But so would new games, just make new games, lol.
Why not .

look at resident evil 4 remake , the fastest selling resident evil game of all time, what losers should have just made resident evil 9 instead.
You can balance both. it allows a main team to work on new games for longer as another team can worry about doing remakes for example, it provides time as remakes arent going to require the same amount of worldbuilding character designs, and other stuff like that because most of its already there.

we already know that IS is juggling 3-2 game sin the series at a time on top of heroes, using koei tecmo as a spin off developer and brought them in for three houses.

ff7 remake and rebirth are special ducklings that square enix thought up, most of them arent like that.

I don't know how anyone could argue with remakes being made. theirs a proven strategy's which works (rotate new game and remake [resident evil] and alternate 2 main games and a remake [pokemon])

Remakes have their place In the industry, a lot of people don’t want to play old clunky games even if they are good, younger audiences don’t want to deal with the jank. They’re not gonna play the old games but they might be interested in them.Furthermore . Especially in fire emblems case, unless you live in japan , you haven’t played it, no one has legally.
That’s beyond old game , it’s straight up impossible to play for most people. They don’t even have a choice to go back to the old ones.

and also people like seeing old thing they grow up brought to modern standards.

and fire emblem games are a fraction of xeno games.
also i meant to edit it but then the site crashed.

i think its a dumb idea that will result in a low quality and rushed dlc.
but i could see them farming it out and moving on to 6.

5 could def be dlc for 4, very bad dlc.

Tbh, Torna and FR are still comically long even as expansions go. If they were sold as full games by themselves (which Torna was at one point), I don't think people would've battered an eye. God I love this series.
The funniest idea of Thracia 776 being dlc is that both 3H and Engage clearing the dlc unlocks those characters for use in the main campaign. Thracia has like 30+ new characters, and considering Genealogy allows you to deploy all your units, Lief would join in generation 2 with so many playable units it would take like an hour just to move everyone on player phase 🤪

The funniest idea of Thracia 776 being dlc is that both 3H and Engage clearing the dlc unlocks those characters for use in the main campaign. Thracia has like 30+ new characters, and considering Genealogy allows you to deploy all your units, Lief would join in generation 2 with so many playable units it would take like an hour just to move everyone on player phase 🤪

I can only imagine a staff unit like Safy saying "Wait, my healing staves can't miss here?"

But so would new games, just make new games, lol.
I just think new games would be better and sell better, I don't get the approach of following up Fates with three straight entries that are either nostalgia driven or are remakes. Most of the audience has no nostalgia for these games. Put the old games on NSO with a translation.
You're insistence to act like Fe4 remake wouldn't count as a new game for regions outside of Japan is just silly. It's borderline a bad faith argument to make. The game was never released outside of Japan. As far as I'm concerned when the remake comes out in NA whenever that happens it's a new game.

New games are happening. They'll continue to happen. Remakes/remaster will continue to happen. You're just overreacting to Engage (again) and it's strange.

why is Nintendo even releasing new standalone games this year when they already released Mario vs Donkey Kong and they could just all be DLC for that?

RE4 is a remake of a very popular game that was easy to remake.

The Fire Emblem games before Awakening are both hard to remake and no one has any nostalgia for them because the series wasn't popular before Awakening. It's deciding to take all the limitations that come from remakes while getting none of the nostalgia or ease of development benefits. It's weird.

As a player, I would massively rather have translated versions of Fire Emblem 4 and 5 on NSO and new games from IS. I think that would end up being more profitable for IS as well and be more well liked by players.

Last edited:

The Fire Emblem games before Awakening are both hard to remake and no one has any nostalgia for them because the series wasn't popular before Awakening. It's deciding to take all the limitations that come from remakes while getting none of the nostalgia or ease of development benefits. It's weird.

As a player, I would massively rather have translated versions of Fire Emblem 4 and 5 on NSO and new games from IS. I think that would end up being more profitable for IS as well and be more well liked by players.
I mean, FE4 is one of the best selling games in Japan to this day, and in the rest of the world it'll effectively be a brand new game lol. "Lack of nostalgia" isn't really a good argument. Even for the localized pre-Awakening games it isn't, because FE is so much bigger nowadays. Having high-quality, modernized remakes of the older games to sell to FE's much larger modern audience is a logical idea. This way, IS/Nintendo are able to have their cake and eat it too by releasing games that sell millions of copies while also making old stories, characters, and so on become much more popular and well-known and not being nearly as resource intensive as planning, writing, and designing a completely brand-new entry.

I highly, highly doubt a officially translated re-release would sell anything but a microscopic fraction of what a remake would sell, nor make more money, nor be more well liked outside of maybe a miniscule number of annoying hardcore elitists. Especially since, unlike a remake, it wouldn't be something they could sell in Japan, which already has FE4 for "free" on NSO lol.

IS will absolutely remake 4-10, and probably even eventually remake Awakening and onwards too, so it's best to come to terms with that now.

I mean, FE4 is one of the best selling games in Japan to this day, and in the rest of the world it'll effectively be a brand new game lol. "Lack of nostalgia" isn't really a good argument. Even for the localized pre-Awakening games it isn't, because FE is so much bigger nowadays. Having high-quality, modernized remakes of the older games to sell to FE's much larger modern audience is a logical idea. This way, IS/Nintendo are able to have their cake and eat it too by releasing games that sell millions of copies while also making old stories, characters, and so on become much more popular and well-known and not being nearly as resource intensive as planning, writing, and designing a completely brand-new entry.

I highly, highly doubt a officially translated re-release would sell anything but a microscopic fraction of what a remake would sell, nor make more money. Especially since, unlike a remake, it wouldn't be something they could sell in Japan, which already has FE4 for "free" on NSO lol.

IS will absolutely remake 4-10, and probably even eventually remake Awakening and onwards too, so it's best to come to terms with that now.
I love Fire Emblem 4 but that game would be ROUGH to play on real hardware. That is a prime example of a game where right trigger/zr/r2 is fast forward for emulators makes the game a lot more playable.

I highly, highly doubt a officially translated re-release would sell anything but a microscopic fraction of what a remake would sell, nor make more money, nor be more well liked outside of maybe a miniscule number of annoying hardcore elitists. Especially since, unlike a remake, it wouldn't be something they could sell in Japan, which already has FE4 for "free" on NSO lol.

I don't agree at all that this is less resource intensive for these old games. There's so much that needs to be changed and expanded that you're barely saving any time or money. It's getting none of the benefits of remakes and all of the limitations, I think it's a pretty bad idea.

Have you remade a game before? What’s so special about RE4 that makes it any easier to remake than other games? I’m genuinely asking, because unless it was built on the same engine or something they probably made it from the ground up like other remakes, which is still difficult regardless of the medium or content of the game it’s based on.

People in Japan have nostalgia for them, because they were only released in Japan by a Japanese company whose earlier games were popular in Japan.

And that’s fine. You’re perfectly valid for saying that you would be happy and content if they just translated and ported the exist ROMs ala FE1.

I think the problem others and myself have is that you’re making it sound as if you’re an expert on Intelligent System’s game development process, and don’t understand why a Japanese company might want to use some of their resources (it’s well established that IS has two teams that work on games in parallel) to revisit a popular game in their home country that would double as an effectively ‘new’ game abroad.

From my perspective as someone who doesn’t know much about game development and how businesses are run, that seems like a pretty easy business decision. I say that because it’s, I assume, the exact same reasoning for why they made the last remake seven years ago, and how they’ve managed to still put out two new games in the process despite production delays and pandemics.

I love Fire Emblem 4 but that game would be ROUGH to play on real hardware. That is a prime example of a game where right trigger/zr/r2 is fast forward for emulators makes the game a lot more playable.
Not only is it rough from a gameplay standpoint, but also from a story and presentation standpoint since it's, ya know, a nearly 30-year-old SNES game lol. The modern, mainstream FE audience would take one look at crusty-ass FE4 and completely ignore it, whereas an actual new, modern FE game based on FE4 would interest and excite significantly more people, especially since a lot of what makes FE4 what it is (massive scope, timeskip, dark and "mature" story and tone, child units, etc.) is very appealing to the mainstream audience imo. These popular aspects of FE4 just need to be delivered to the FE audience via a modernized remake rather than a crusty SNES game.

I’m thinking it could be mroe like persona kirby (mc) can wield multiple copy abilities (personas)

While the other party members are stuck to 1 but can upgrade them.
OoooOOoOOh!! I like where this is going!

---------

I don't get what the problem with releasing remakes is, especially a company and its studios that have consistently released original games and remakes of past ones.

Like Square Enix: they released Remake, XVI and Rebirth.

Have you remade a game before? What’s so special about RE4 that makes it any easier to remake than other games? I’m genuinely asking, because unless it was built on the same engine or something they probably made it from the ground up like other remakes, which is still difficult regardless of the medium or content of the game it’s based on.

People in Japan have nostalgia for them, because they were only released in Japan by a Japanese company whose earlier games were popular in Japan.

And that’s fine. You’re perfectly valid for saying that you would be happy and content if they just translated and ported the exist ROMs ala FE1.

I think the problem others and myself have is that you’re making it sound as if you’re an expert on Intelligent System’s game development process, and don’t understand why a Japanese company might want to use some of their resources (it’s well established that IS has two teams that work on games in parallel) to revisit a popular game in their home country that would double as an effectively ‘new’ game abroad.

From my perspective as someone who doesn’t know much about game development and how businesses are run, that seems like a pretty easy business decision. I say that because it’s, I assume, the exact same reasoning for why they made the last remake seven years ago, and how they’ve managed to still put out two new games in the process despite production delays and pandemics.
Remaking games is always going to be easier than making a brand new games from scratch. You already have the world, story, characters, music, things people like and expect, and things people didn't like and hope are changed as you start laying the foundation. From there you're able to discuss what you're adding/removing/changing in this remake to modernize it for a new audience. If at any point in development you hit a road block you can always go back to the original and see how it dealt with the issue you're stuck on.

For anyone who has trouble visualizing this, go pick up Mario Maker 2 for Switch. Make 3 levels for me

1) Recreate SMB 1-1 as it was in the SMB1 style

2) Remake SMB 1-1 in the NSMBU style, adding in elements to take advantage of NSMBU's new mechanics like ground pounding, wall jumps, etc

3) Make a 1-1 for a hypothetical brand new 2D Mario in the 3D World style that is an appropriate introduction to the game first level.

The further down the list you go, the harder it should be for you to even visualize the challenge.

Remaking games is always going to be easier than making a brand new games from scratch. You already have the world, story, characters, music, things people like and expect, and things people didn't like and hope are changed as you start laying the foundation. From there you're able to discuss what you're adding/removing/changing in this remake to modernize it for a new audience. If at any point in development you hit a road block you can always go back to the original and see how it dealt with the issue you're stuck on.
For sure. A lot of the ground work is already done in a remake, and I can’t imagine how much time is saved with the design decisions and base mechanics having been decided a long time ago.

My confusion was about what made a Resident Evil remake any easier than a Fire Emblem one, because everything you stated there is true for both of those games. I just worded it poorly. 😄

Weekly Direct Question #2 (Two Days Early!)
I was going to save this question for Sunday, but since the discussion is drifting that way anyway...

Will the theoretical Fire Emblem 4 remake have a choosable avatar character ala Three Houses and Engage?

I was going to save this question for Sunday, but since the discussion is drifting that way anyway...

Will the theoretical Fire Emblem 4 remake have a choosable avatar character ala Three Houses and Engage?

This is extremely hard to answer without spoilers and without having any idea what the game is about.

Would I want it to have an avatar? No. The first Fire Emblem game to have an avatar (The Japan-only New Mystery of the Emblem) was also a remake, and their involvement in the story had mixed receptions, in addition to how characters treated said avatar. It's controversial to the point where some fans prefer the original Super Famicom version over the DS remake.

However, do I think the inevitable FE4 Remake will feature an avatar? Yes.

The main reason I feel is the child mechanic. FE4 was the first game in the series to have the child mechanic, something we wouldn't see again until Awakening and Fates. And not only did people love pairing up their units, they also loved pairing their own avatar with their preferred romantic choice on top of it.

Having an avatar that doesn't interfere with the story too much would be difficult, but not impossible IMO. Just make Oifey the avatar without changing their role in the story too much. But there will be jokes that the FE4 avatar will have a holy blood screen lit up like a Christmas tree and have the ability to romance both Gen 1 and Gen 2 units.

I honestly feel like Thracia could be a DLC expansion to the FE4 Remake like Torna The Golden Country was for Xenoblade 2.

That way it speeds up development time when it comes to the remakes while also allowing them to focus on the next mainline entry.
I think that's a possibility, but it's a VERY unpopular opinion, for valid reasons.

Another fake direct from 4chan, seems that people are hungry for a real direct soon lol

April-Nintendo-Direct.png
I honestly wouldn't mind this. A Direct with a new Custom Robo AND a new Fire Emblem would immediately be my favorite Direct of all time. Bloodlines Renewed is a cheesy title, but no more than Engage and themes around rings. (And to be fair, I do really enjoy Engage.) August also makes sense, as it's four months between announcement and release. I'd still prefer a July release, but August makes sense.

The only thing this is missing is a Farming Sim game. Sun Haven promised to come to Switch a while back, according to the internet, as well as Moonstone Island. While I'm not sure when the former will come to Switch, I do believe the latter is slatted for a "Spring 2024" release, so a shadow drop during or after the Direct makes a lot of sense.

Overall, this is a fun idea, but as it's from where it's from, I highly, HIGHLY doubt it's true.

Making a game that was so nostalgia driven in Engage (when most of the fanbase has no nostalgia for the old games...) was weird and following it up with a remake would be even weirder.
I think you're coming at this from three incorrect angles.

First is that I think you're assuming, that because Engage is a nostalgia-driven game (YMMV on that point heavily), it doesn't count as an original game. I disagree heavily. A smaller portion of the characters may be seen as driven by nostalgia, but in reality, they're not. The story has little to do with the Emblems as characters when compared to how they are as plot devices, as callous as that sounds. It's not who they are we should focus on, but how they're used. (Both gameplay and plot-wise)

The second thing is that you're not looking at the tone of the games released. Echoes, Three Houses, and Three Hopes are overall very serious games. (Or at least they try to be.) Genealogy is a very serious game. Engage is a Saturday Morning Cartoon. It's a palette cleanser. Breaking up the dark and dour tone helps remind and reassure fans that Fire Emblem isn't just one-note. We can have geopolitical epics right next to our classic '90s fantasy stories, right next to our simple "good vs evil and we get to choose which side we're on" storylines. It's not one-note.

The final thing is something mentioned by others here. (Well, all of this has been mentioned by others, so I don't expect my post to change your mind.) It's Sigurd's role in Engage. Sigurd's role in Engage is larger than any other Emblem but Marth, as others have stated. This allows newcomers to be engaged by his character, for lack of a better word, which leads them to Genealogy. They go from "I want to know more about this character" to "I now get to learn more firsthand," and that's something not a lot of other games can do.

Overall, I get it, You want something new and original and totally unknown. You want something novel for you. But I think you're forgetting that for a majority of people, older FE games being remade - specifically FE 4 in this conversation - is novel for THEM. I think it's okay to say "I want new games," but claiming Engage for some reason doesn't count because it has characters from previous games in it is just plain wrong, and claiming that IntSys releasing a remake as a new system is around the correct is historically untrue.

It's honestly possible, and I can see it going either way. 2 of the 3 remakes didn't, but the past THREE CYL events in Heroes did. Like them or not, Avatars are popular. And I don't think that FE 4 is inherently better or worse for one's inclusion, if done right. Now granted, what is "right" is an incredibly relative thing... To clarify, my version of "right" would be "close to the story enough to have an emotional investment and make an impact, but not close enough to be a main character or major player on the political scene." Think of Shez in Three Hopes or Robin in the first half of Awakening, or Mark...but if Mark didn't disappear into the background.
If the Avatar is Oifey who we can now change to a woman, sure. If the Avatar is a new character who went to the Royal Academy with Sigurd, Quan, and Eldigan, sure. I'm really not hurt one way or another.

No, it would be really difficult to include an avatar character in the story of Genealogy. Really big as spoilers below as to why

If you introduce the avatar in part 1, you either have to kill off the player character when Sigurd's army is massacred, or write in an excuse for them to survive which is essentially a repeat of Finn's story. If the avatar can marry they need to die to pass on their weapons to their children, otherwise your child unit would be heavily gimped compared to the other child units.

Also only one of the FE remakes thus far has added an avatar character, which was the game with the least going on (FE3 book 2)

Fire Emblem 4 is my favorite game of all time and I would much rather a remake for many reasons. The original is a clunky mess to play lacking many QoL and character development for 90% of the cast is rough. Also barely anyone would actually buy a straight translation and one of the reasons I want a remake is so that more people can experience a game I love.

I highly doubt it. Not only did Echoes lack an avatar despite coming directly after Awakening and Fates, but I'm sure IS knows how much an avatar would piss off some people. I mean, one of the most criticized aspects of FE12 was the addition of an avatar. Plus, Byleth and Alear are barely avatars anyway. Alear especially is basically a normal character whose gender you can choose. So I don't think going from that to Sigurd and Seliph would be that big of a change, there just wouldn't be a female version of them available. An avatar would also completely ruin the story, which again, I don't this IS is stupid enough to do, especially for a game as revered as FE4.

Last edited:

Nah.

After the criticisms with Kris and Shadows of Valentia straight up not having one despite arguably Gaiden being the easiest game to implement one in, I'm pretty sure IS considers avatars to be a new game only thing.

(Having said that however, I 100% think IS will update Mark to more closely resemble modern avatars if FE7 gets a remake.)

Nah.

After the criticisms with Kris and Shadows of Valentia straight up not having one despite arguably Gaiden being the easiest game to implement one in, I'm pretty sure IS considers avatars to be a new game only thing.

(Having said that however, I 100% think IS will update Mark to more closely resemble modern avatars if FE7 gets a remake.)
Mark will be made a playable avatar 100% in a hypothetical FE7 remake. I can also see them adding a "Mark jr" to FE6. Those are really the only two remakes I can see getting them.

Honestly, I can see it happening but in more of a "Mark/FE7" way where they're in the background and less of a "Corrin" way where the entire plot revolves around you. I could even see them allowing you to romance as people were annoyed that Engage's supports had less romance. Obviously there would be some important plot characters barred. (you can't change the story by marrying Deirdre yourself lmao)

As a European localizer, I can confirm there will be an avatar character in the new remake. Joke from the prior thread lol. I’m neither from Europe or a localizer.

Honestly though, I don’t know. The avatar characters are super popular so I wouldn’t be surprised if they fit one in somehow, but from hearing people discuss it over the years it seems unlikely.

I don’t see anything mechanically or game design wise or art wise that can be carried over in an FE4 Remake and the characters are so shallow that they would all require massive expansion. There isn’t a skeleton here, there’s like three bones.

If you want a dark story like FE4… Just write another dark story?
I’m a musician and artist.

Having to start something from 0 is a crazy difference form making something that’s fully complete already, yeah so guess art style didn’t age well but they just carried over his design into a new one with engage.

Much easier than any of the engage characters which had to be thought up by scratch.

Everything you’re saying is objectively wrong, you may hate remakes but don’t actually say making new stuff is just as hard as just making a thing that already been made but modernizing it.

Honestly, I can see it happening but in more of a "Mark/FE7" way where they're in the background and less of a "Corrin" way where the entire plot revolves around you. I could even see them allowing you to romance as people were annoyed that Engage's supports had less romance. Obviously there would be some important plot characters barred. (you can't change the story by marrying Deirdre yourself lmao)
Sigurd, Quan, and Ethlyn would also be off limits. Everyone else however? Fair game can't wait to romance Arden btw. I could however see getting a neat accessory if you, say, A-Support them however.

You know.

Octo Expansion was a DLC longer than the base game content with limited canonicity and lots of new mechanics.

So "story is incompatible" isn't a hurdle for DLC, "as big as or bigger than the base game" isn't a hurdle, "new mechanics" aren't a hurdle. What is a hurdle?

Funding and a willing producer. Basically, company will.

If they want to sell something as DLC they can. They can sell puzzle game DLC for a life sim game, and they have! Well, Welcome Amiibo was a free update, but still.

So I don't think it's all that absurd to think Black and White 2 could be provided as DLC for potential Black and White remakes, since it would reuse a lot of assets and I'm sure they wouldn't be too confident in the sales numbers of a physical run of ILCA-style White 2.

Back
Top Bottom