• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

In the meantime, this is what I've been up to on Switch:

zV8k_1dwVW7FnAWdyv17oJTH6d4dqwkT7ZsxAA.png

I know I'm late to the party on this but I just started and now I can't stop.

Last edited:
In the meantime, this is what I've been up to on Switch:

zV8k_1dwVW7FnAWdyv17oJTH6d4dqwkT7ZsxAA.png

I know I'm late to the party on this but I just started and now I can't stop.
I got on the indie sale and then I realized I spent all my free time the first day playing this. It’s so good.

So is May 7 a big day?
It's when Nintendo have a meeting with their shareholders, where they have to say how much money they're planning on making this financial year (April 2024-March 2025). The theory is that they can't say "we're going to sell just 7 million more Switches, but we're going to make ALL THE MONEY for secret reasons", so it might be necessary for them to announce new hardware in a bland press release confirmation way so instead they can say "were making all the money because of our new system"

It's when Nintendo have a meeting with their shareholders, where they have to say how much money they're planning on making this financial year (April 2024-March 2025). The theory is that they can't say "we're going to sell just 7 million more Switches, but we're going to make ALL THE MONEY for secret reasons", so it might be necessary for them to announce new hardware in a bland press release confirmation way so instead they can say "were making all the money because of our new system"
or launch after march

I’m hopeful for a May Direct so everyone can find some random Tweet from different insiders where they said the word “may” in a sentence with “Direct” or “Nintendo” and everyone will claim it was a hint.

They knew all along!

I’m hopeful for a May Direct so everyone can find some random Tweet from different insiders where they said the word “may” in a sentence with “Direct” or “Nintendo” and everyone will claim it was a hint.

They knew all along!

I feel like if a May Direct is coming, insiders should be churping at any point now. I feel like you usually start hearing from insiders like 3-4 weeks before Directs happen. Not feeling very confident right now with all the silence but hopefully that will change as we get into May.

This is how it will go. Nintendo is scaredly hesitant to announce new hardware, it's why they've been moving at a glacial pace.

They will only announce when they're basically forced to, exactly like the Switch. People forget how ridiculous it was they waited until October 2016 (6 months before launch) to reveal literally anything about the system.

People forget how ridiculous it was they waited until October 2016 (6 months before launch) to reveal literally anything about the system.
Remember when Aonuma said they saw how fans were passionately talking and speculating about BotW's placement on the Zelda timeline and didn't want to ruin that for people so they decided to stay quiet about it? 😏

One day the last Nintendo Direct will air and the Fami thread that starts two weeks later will just go on forever. I wonder if we're there already.

They knew all along!
Wasn't there an Insider who said there MAY be a presentation on certain dates for either state of play or direct?

I feel like if a May Direct is coming, insiders should be churping at any point now. I feel like you usually start hearing from insiders like 3-4 weeks before Directs happen. Not feeling very confident right now with all the silence but hopefully that will change as we get into May.
That wasn’t true last June

3-4 weeks is very early for that with most Directs. Sometimes it happens, sure, but usually it’s more like 1-2 weeks

Come on Hal, Kirby's air ride style game. Or expand on the that recent mini game eating collection in to a full scale online party game.

Broke: Switch 2 confirmation on May 7

Woke: Nintendo Selects announcement on May 7 with the first wave launching alongside Paper Mario
anouncement in june(on june shareholders meeting)
reveal in octobre/novembre(teaser)
release in march/april or may(launch).

I still can't believe Xbox is allowed to call their presentations Directs.

I thought Nintendo was supposed to be a lawsuit machine.

Add Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to Nintendo Selects with all the updates on cart.
I still want Monolith to update the game with the new upscaler they introduced in Xenoblade 3. Surely they can do that and polish the game further with any further trimming of fat and optimizations they've learned since. Same for Xenoblade DE.

And forget the soldiers that yell "Think you can take me?". No thanks.
I mean a reprint is needed for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Nintendo usually rolls the updates into the 'master image' for the latest cart, they did it with BOTW, even including the DLC.

I still want Monolith to update the game with the new upscaler they introduced in Xenoblade 3. Surely they can do that and polish the game further with any further trimming of fat and optimizations they've learned since. Same for Xenoblade DE.
I think that would be great as well, maybe see if they could rollout support for video capture and fixing the memory leak bugs the game has.

I have beaten two Xenoblade game because how long it has taken a mainline direct to come by. Please... I'm actually completing my backlog.
(goated games by the way, Xenoblade 2 actually surprised me)
it%27s-so-miover-it%27s-miover.gif

I mean considering Toshiyuki Kusakihara was the director of the last FE remake, which was very well recieved by fans, and his other big directorial work is the only other "mature" modern FE and one that was influenced by FE4, it would make logical sense to assume he's directing FE4R.

Back
Top Bottom