• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him

Board-Completet2-B.png

Podium-Complete1.png

Today, this entire forum is after a NINTENDO DIRECT!! But they'll have to avoid the Wario, as they play the most exciting game of their lives!! From The Treehouse on Famiboards, it's time to PRESS YOUR LUCK!!

And now, here's your host, the STAR of PRESS YOUR LUCK, EvilChameleon!!

Thank you thank you thank you and welcome to the 8th Nintendo Direct Speculation thread! I've often thought direct speculation was a bit like the classic gameshow Press Your Luck. Everyone comes in wanting big announcements, and you can either leave elated, or with absolutely nothing that interests you. I tried to put a good selection of fun stuff on the board, some oft-rumored stuff, some random stuff, etc. Plus there's the dreaded Wario, who will take away all your announcements and leave you waiting for the next Nintendo Direct. The current rumors are we will see a Nintendo Direct in April, so let's light up the board and go!

Instead of a poll, I'm going to ask weekly questions within the thread itself, based upon things we might see in this next direct. I will be using the threadmark system, so if you miss one, check those out! And here is the first question;

Seeing as I'm launching this thread on Mario Day, if we do indeed get a Mario sports game in this next direct, what sport will it be?

ALL ABOARD THE CHAOS EXPRESS WOO!

I think, if we get a sports title, it would be sluggers but I’m praying for a hoops game being developed by square enix again!

I have been waiting for this thread to start WOOO!!!!!

Before today's announcements, I was thinking that a new Mario Sports game would be announced/released this year but I feel like since Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is June, when most sports games during the Switch era have released (outside of the Olympics games), it became less likely! However, if we do get a new Mario Sports game this year, I think it'll be Mario Baseball/Sluggers! :)

@Josh5890 shared what I thought was a pretty good list of what we can reasonably expect from Nintendo for 2H 2024.

At this point I think Nintendo is going to round out 2024 with mostly more of remasters/remakes, saving the big ones for Switch 2 in 2025. I think MP4 will be one of those titles slated for 2025 among with dual Switch 1/2 launch.

So my guess: MP2, MP3, LOZ:TP, LOZ:WW in the next Direct revealing 2H 2024.

Board-Completet2-B.png

Podium-Complete1.png

Today, this entire forum is after a NINTENDO DIRECT!! But they'll have to avoid the Wario, as they play the most exciting game of their lives!! From The Treehouse on Famiboards, it's time to PRESS YOUR LUCK!!

And now, here's your host, the STAR of PRESS YOUR LUCK,
EvilChameleon!!

Thank you thank you thank you and welcome to the 8th Nintendo Direct Speculation thread! I've often thought direct speculation was a bit like the classic gameshow Press Your Luck. Everyone comes in wanting big announcements, and you can either leave elated, or with absolutely nothing that interests you. I tried to put a good selection of fun stuff on the board, some oft-rumored stuff, some random stuff, etc. Plus there's the dreaded Wario, who will take away all your announcements and leave you waiting for the next Nintendo Direct. The current rumors are we will see a Nintendo Direct in April, so let's light up the board and go!

Instead of a poll, I'm going to ask weekly questions within the thread itself, based upon things we might see in this next direct. I will be using the threadmark system, so if you miss one, check those out! And here is the first question;

Seeing as I'm launching this thread on Mario Day, if we do indeed get a Mario sports game in this next direct, what sport will it be?

Don't mind me just jamming out to this theme tune

As for the question; definitely expecting baseball if there's another new, non-collection, Mario sports release

Here we go again!

If we get any Mario Sports, I want Mario Baseball. I really liked sluggers on the wii.

Wait? ALREADY?!?
I mean hey, I’m all on board for the direct hype train again lmao.
Also I think the most likely Mario sport game to appear next is baseball, it’s a popular sport in Japan from what I’ve heard so it seems like it would be the safest pick.

That rumor about a General April Direct is looking pretty good I'd say after the minimal TTYD and LM2 updates today! It's time for Nintendo to fill up the rest of the year. I hope it is finally Metroid's time... not just Prime 4, but 2 and 3 as well! Hell, throw in Samus Returns and Zero Mission while we're at it! X)

I'm hoping for a Mario Warriors game to happen and coming in the holiday 2024 and maybe they will also give us a shadowdrop release of a new random Nintendo game which I would beg for it to be Warioware 99.

Wait? ALREADY?!?
I mean hey, I’m all on board for the direct hype train again lmao.
Also I think the most likely Mario sport game to appear next is baseball, it’s a popular sport in Japan from what I’ve heard so it seems like it would be the safest pick.
Yeah, we're overdue for a "general" Direct. The last one was Partner showcase.

Just realized April is also wide open (PM:TTYD is May, LM2HD is June). No major titles releasing in April as far as I can tell.

Yeah, April seems like an ideal time for a general Direct.

That feeling when the new Direct Speculation is posted mere hours after some massive pattern shattering.

How will I survive this?

Im excited, but are we pretty sure its in April? Maybe they wait till June, but dont do that to me lol

Im most excited for the return of DK

An April/May Direct seems pretty dang likely at this point doesn't it? June 27th is the last dated game (or even announced game, other than Prime 4!) that we have. Assuming they want to give at least 2-3 months of announced time for whatever is coming in July and August then they have to do something. H2 is completely blank.

Both Mario ports launching before July is good news for the rest of the year, though. Even if the schedule is still low-key and port-heavy, if they really didn't have much of anything then they would have held back one or both of them.

For this Direct, how far do we expect the announcements to go? Do we think we'll get a full sweep of what the second half looks like from a first party perspective or are we thinking we'll get some here and then maybe the rest in a (crazy to already be talking about this) Summer General/Mini Nintendo Direct?

No successor, no Pokémon... What can Nintendo have for this H2? Can they really announce something for August at the June Direct? I mean, it's been done before, nothing extraordinary.

One thing I'm sure about: Even though the Legends Z-A is slated for a 2025 release, I feel it's very unlikely for Nintendo/TPC to have ZERO Pokémon releases in a year. They haven't done so since... never? We WILL have something this year, be it a small thing or even remakes.

Another thing I'm sure about: Metroid Prime 2&3 shadowdropping at either June or September Direct.

Can see a Mario Baseball or Mario & Sonic Olympics this year potentially

As for this Mini or General for April supposedly with how things are lining up, the NSO side of things are looking good for F-Zero GBA to finally launch probably around mid to late half of this month. Then we have a clean slate ready for hopefully a new roadmap of N64 & GBA games for the rest of the year and throughout 2025 that would be part of this April Direct

Eager to see what they'll do with Metroid this year mostly in the Prime department.
More remasters? Or a 2 + 3 gamecube drop treatment like when they did Pikmin 1 + 2 before their 4 launch

I'm kind of expecting (hoping) that an FE4 remake would be in July and need a few months of space before release at minimum, like FE15 had in 2017. So... April Direct truthers, I'm with you!!

I still think the rest of the year is going to be something like FE4, remasters and ports like maybe TP/WW, and a new multiplayer game like a sports title or a Mario Party. Maybe Prime 4, if we're lucky. The problem is that neither Prime 4 or FE4 are big holiday games, but I could see Mario Party along with one of them (maybe a Warriors game in there too?) filling out the holiday - sort of a mix of smaller titles with a big mass-appeal game.

Let's check the recent first party release slate to predict what we get in H2 2024.

Super Mario Wonder
Super Mario RPG
Another Code Recolection
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Princess Peach Showtime
Endless Ocean
Paper Mario TTYD
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD

I'm not a betting man, but I'd count on there being at least two more Mario series games this fall. Paper Mario is a strong candidate and I bet we get one more thing like a port of NSMB Wii or Mario 3D Land.

Back
Top Bottom