• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

I don't understand those who hope Nintendo will abandon the Switch version of Metroid Prime 4.

Not everyone can afford or want to buy Super Switch when it comes out.

And in any case, it's highly unlikely that this will happen. Nintendo must keep its promise, period. Then, they won't ignore 140+ million of Switch, especially for this license. I'm convinced the game will be released on Switch. And I'm convinced (yes, I'm taking the risk) that we'll see the game at the end of the year :)

Returning to Nintendo Direct, Nintendo plans to sell 2 games next month. So, I don't think we'll have any next month, but I hope I'm wrong.
I think there can be a discussion, with how long the switch can be on the market for another 3-5 years, with lower scale games, like ports and hd remasters of older games and Indies.

Like for example the Ps2 lasted from 2000 all the way to 2013, because of the high install base. And Nintendo abandoning the switch immediately is weird and unlikely plus stupid, heck Metal gear 5: ground zero had a Xbox 360 port, same goes for Wolfenstein the new colossus.

Like the switch will still coexist for a long time, also giving it a price cut and marketing it has a budget gaming device is something i can see happening when the Switch 2 releases.

Also the reason i think people want to see Nintendo abandon prime for Switch, is mostly so that Prime 4 can get the best graphic imaginable, despite prime 4 being the most technological impressive game on switch.

Still waiting for ,,Depressing, but mature'' Moment, like having a Mario Galaxy movie would be a dream come true and showcasing Rosaline backstory in the big screen would Peak Cinema, it's unlikely, but a man can dream.
Ch7_8.png
I thought this was the Super Paper Mario ending

If we don’t see Metroid Prime 4 footage by the end of June I’ll be mad
At that point, I'd actually start to wonder what's going on. Over five years since the development restart and not a single word would be annoying at best and genuinely frustrating at worst. I would acquiesce that they are waiting for Switch 2 at that point, but I would also wonder why they have to be dead silent about it.

I really don't want to sound entitled. I understand games take time and considering that they were transparent with the development restart at all when they didn't need to be is great. I'm not saying we need a big blowout of footage, but the fact that there hasn't been a word about it is starting to irritate me. I've been patient for years but now it's starting to wear on me as my physical health is becoming a bit of a concern (unrelated to that). I want to be, you know, healthy and around for Metroid Prime 4. I'm not getting any younger.

TBH I thought the wedding scene was one of the best parts of the movie but yeah it could have been cut down a little. Yeah, it's not focusing on Sonic characters but I liked how the humans themselves were cartoony in a way that matched the usual tone of Sonic. Also was just a fun way to introduce GUN to the movies.

Now the dance off scene? Yeah, I woulda just cut that entirely.
I enjoyed the wedding scene too! And I've seen how members of the Sonic fandom have embraced those characters (to say nothing of the much-needed melanin they bring to the IP/genre) so I think some of us would be a little disappointed if they just totally ditched that stuff. That one scene coulda stood some trimming, maybe, but overall I actually enjoyed it. Even the obligatory licensed music moment (which is something I wish I could say about the Mario movie)!

I do agree the dance scene was a little weird though. All the hologram stuff took just a bit too much suspension of disbelief for me, however it gave Sonic a chance to do the Dreamcast pose so I can't be too negative about that scene, either. 😅

Still waiting for ,,Depressing, but mature'' Moment, like having a Mario Galaxy movie would be a dream come true and showcasing Rosaline backstory in the big screen would Peak Cinema, it's unlikely, but a man can dream.
Ch7_8.png
I really really want a legit Galaxy movie that puts a good spotlight on Rosalina and her story. I wanna go to a Mario movie and cry, dammit, because somehow heartbreak feels good in a place like this

I mean, if July 1st rolls around and we still haven’t seen Prime 4, I’ll be pretty upset too.

But this wouldn’t cause me any worry. Especially if we still haven’t seen the Switch 2, cause then it clearly is meant to be shown with that

I mean, if July 1st rolls around and we still haven’t seen Prime 4, I’ll be pretty upset too.

But this wouldn’t cause me any worry. Especially if we still haven’t seen the Switch 2, cause then it clearly is meant to be shown with that

I mean, it could just not be ready to show either, there’s no reason to assume they’re just waiting for the Switch 2.

So what do we think happens first? Prime 4 trailer or Switch 2 reveal trailer?

I'm on team Prime 4 for this year, so I think we're going to get the "final" Nintendo Direct for Switch games within the next two months with Prime 4, and then the Switch 2 reveal trailer will be this fall or maybe late summer.

honestly, even though I love the first 2 games, super weird to make such a multiplayer-focused game for a franchise that has never cracked 1M

By the time this got into Retro’s hands, I doubt they had a Switch 2 dev kit. Nintendo will want to recuperate those costs from cancelled development, I’m 100% sure the game will be on Switch, and a maybe 50% chance of having a 2 version.

Other than that, Nintendo has never not released a game for a console it was intended to, in the eve of next generation
Nintendo did that twice(Twilight Princess e Breath of the Wild, both games anounced for Game Cube/Wii U, but also released on Wii/Switch

Nintendo did that twice(Twilight Princess e Breath of the Wild, both games anounced for Game Cube/Wii U, but also released on Wii/Switch
There is a big difference between GC/Wii U and Switch, though. I understand wanting a better version of MP4 (even if it's just resolution) but it's not the same situation at all. Nintendo wouldn't release MP4 on a dead console.

There is a big difference between GC/Wii U and Switch, though. I understand wanting a better version of MP4 (even if it's just resolution) but it's not the same situation at all. Nintendo wouldn't release MP4 on a dead console.
The Switch isn't exactly dead, though. It has a very active userbase that's still buying games. The same can't be said for the GameCube and Wii U, which had cratered in sales by the time their successors dropped. (The Wii U looks especially abysmal when you realize that the Wii's post-Holiday 2012 sales were only a million shy of the Wii U's final total. Nintendo tossed up their hands and outright discontinued it two months before the Switch even launched for a reason.)

The Switch isn't exactly dead, though. It has a very active userbase that's still buying games. The same can't be said for the GameCube and Wii U, which had cratered in sales by the time their successors dropped. (The Wii U looks especially abysmal when you realize that the Wii's post-Holiday 2012 sales were only a million shy of the Wii U's final total. Nintendo tossed up their hands and outright discontinued it two months before the Switch even launched for a reason.)
That's what I meant! Sorry if it wasn't clear. That's exactly it: Switch isn't dead, even if some posters clearly want that to be the case. It can get Prime 4 easily.

That's what I meant! Sorry if it wasn't clear. That's exactly it: Switch isn't dead, even if some posters clearly want that to be the case. It can get Prime 4 easily.
Yeah, that's my bad. The last sentence confused me a bit, but I realized what you meant right after I had already hit post.

Overview trailers predate every big game. A good few of us were betting this was the week for Endless Ocean’s. It doesn’t really have much bearing on a Direct or not.
I also just don't really remember when the last time Nintendo had an overview trailer in a Direct... They usually are too long for a segment and rehash a lot of the known information which normally doesn't really show up in segments for games :)

never forget what they took from you

Sometimes I like to imagine that he did retire to some tropical island to enjoy himself. Fuck cancer.

I do wonder what his thoughts would be on the state of the industry now, seeing the Switch succeed but also his business acumen combined with his game developer experience and how so many studios and publishing partners are struggling (not to mention how they treat their employees as disposable)

Weekly Direct Question #5 New
Giving everyone 24 hours to digest the Indie World from yesterday, it's time for another weekly question to tingle your brains!

If you could see one GameCube game get a remaster for the Switch in this next direct, what game would you pick?

Giving everyone 24 hours to digest the Indie World from yesterday, it's time for another weekly question to tingle your brains!

If you could see one GameCube game get a remaster for the Switch in this next direct, what game would you pick?
F-Zero GX

Because I want Star Fox Assault to get a more ambitious remake.

kirby air ride with online and city trial over 7mins

Star Fox Adventures. (I would want the Zelda HD Remasters but from the Wii U versions).

I would either pick Eternal darkness or Chibi robo

Sometimes I like to imagine that he did retire to some tropical island to enjoy himself. Fuck cancer.

I do wonder what his thoughts would be on the state of the industry now, seeing the Switch succeed but also his business acumen combined with his game developer experience and how so many studios and publishing partners are struggling (not to mention how they treat their employees as disposable)
I would think he would be saddened by the state of the gaming industry, I think the saddest part of his death would be how shitty people were to him, when it came to the online discourse and also the way Japan sees failiure, especially the investors and it's sad that he still worked all the way until his death, because he wanted the Switch to succeed.

and probably didn't rest when he was in the hospital.
hopefully he's in peace.

My 2 picks wont happen: FE PoR (because FE4 is on the way) and Gale of Darkness (because of TPC) lol.

So lets go with my next pick, a game I still have on my will lol:
mm8uY9Z.png

Back
Top Bottom