• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

Ok, here's the one Gamecube that should get remastered. The lost arc of Gamecube games.

2223226-npcb.jpg

It's finished, hidden somewhere in the archives of Nintendo. It's been nearly 20 years Nintendo. It's time.

Hello everyone I am so sorry I wanted a General Nintendo Direct before a Indie Direct because we had one in November last year we haven’t had a General Direct since September and I wasn’t hating on Indie devs or the games I was just mad with Nintendo and it made me ill I had a headache all day I don’t like Nintendo being so quiet when Sony and Microsoft are talking

How are we feeling about April 24?
just a gut feeling, but I think they'll wait to have a little more distance from this week's Indie World before doing a direct; iirc the closest they've ever done both in the same month still had a gap week between them

Plus the embargo for Paper Mario previews is supposedly up on the 25th and I feel like they might not want a direct taking the focus off that game

Basically, the vibes feel off

let's rank chibi robos

1. original
2. photo finder
3. park patrol
4. japanese only third installmemt
5. tap dancing barefoot on broken glass
6. zip lash

Zip Lash is not even a bad game, it's just not what people wanted out of a new Chibi Robo game (same goes for Hey Pikmin btw). I loved finding the real-life candy from all over the world!

There will probably be another Pokemon Presents sometime this year. The more recent ones were in August because that’s when Japanese preorders started for that year’s respective game.

TCG Pocket will likely get a release date, but that’s really the only near-guarantee at the moment. I don’t even see Z-A showing up unless the presentation is later in the year.

I think there's a chance they do a Pokémon Presents earlier this year than the 2021-2023 ones... I can't see Pokémon not having anything out on the Switch this year, even with the mobile titles, even if it's just a spin-off (and especially if there's a chance a remake or remaster is coming this year of a main-series game). I could see Nintendo having a spin-off reveal like they did with the Detective Pikachu Returns re-reveal but even then, I think Pokémon would want to reveal it themselves so I think a Pokémon Presents is actually pretty possible in June!

August again is currently possible as well as they proved with having Mystery Dungeon: Rescue DX release two months after it was revealed in the Jan. 2020 Pokemon Direct but if it's a new spin-off title, I could definitely think they'd want to announce it earlier! :)

I think Kirby previews for the Magalor mode went up just after the direct reveal whenever that was.

If TTYD has some new mode, I could see the previews tying into a reveal, with or without a direct.

Last edited:
This coming week finally being Paper Mario week likely with a new trailer announcing new features has me very excited. I hope we get some substantial stuff beyond Purple Toad. If the new stuff news comes later, well, not that much time left until release. (Unless they bizarrely never talk about it like The Depths in Zelda lol)

Giving everyone 24 hours to digest the Indie World from yesterday, it's time for another weekly question to tingle your brains!

If you could see one GameCube game get a remaster for the Switch in this next direct, what game would you pick?
Skies of Arcadia: Legends.
Then Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Reality it’s a 0, but with slight copium and delusion i think it’s a high probability of 12.
Aw, the joke was gonna be that someone would say 9, since it was the lowest option I gave, and then I'd say that's a big chance then. You ruined it.
BUT, I forgive you since 12 is better than 9, so yays c:
I do be delusionally copium'ed~

let's rank chibi robos

1. original
2. photo finder
3. park patrol
4. japanese only third installmemt
5. tap dancing barefoot on broken glass
6. zip lash

Yeah, that's a solid list. Though I can't abide the Tap Dancing on Barefoot Glass slander...

My list would look something like...

1. Plug Into Adventure
2. Park Patrol
3. Clean Sweep/JPN Only
4. Photo Finder
5. Zip Lash

Honestly the two DS games are more or less tied for me, depending on my mood either of them can be my second favorite. The customization options that Park Patrol and Clean Sweep have are really fun to me, even if they are a bit limited in some ways.

I liked Photo Finder, but personally, I could have gone with more exploring and less mini-games. For what it was though, I enjoyed it.

I don't even hate Zip Lash, but what else needs to be said about it? I do think the Toys it introduces and finding snacks for them are very fun though.

I think that a remake of Park Patrol could actually do really well, if they gave it a bit more substance. I think people would go nuts for the customization you could do in that kind of game. Maybe a double pack of Park Patrol and Clean Sweep/JPN Only could be in the cards sometime in the future? Maybe even the next Direct? (Though probably not...)

Y’all think there’s gonna be a time where Nintendo gonna showcases a hentai game in a direct, depending how much Nintendo are willing to take for money.

Just had that shower of thought while waiting in the car.

Y’all think there’s gonna be a time where Nintendo gonna showcases a hentai game in a direct, depending how much Nintendo are willing to take for money.

Just had that shower of thought while waiting in the car.
they did and it's called Xenoblade Chronicles 2 :rolleyes:

Hello everyone I am so sorry I wanted a General Nintendo Direct before a Indie Direct because we had one in November last year we haven’t had a General Direct since September and I wasn’t hating on Indie devs or the games I was just mad with Nintendo and it made me ill I had a headache all day I don’t like Nintendo being so quiet when Sony and Microsoft are talking

They. Are. About. To. Reveal. A. New. Console. Generation.

Please will people adjust their expectations based on this!

Zip Lash is not even a bad game, it's just not what people wanted out of a new Chibi Robo game (same goes for Hey Pikmin btw). I loved finding the real-life candy from all over the world!
oh trust me I played a lot of it and think it's plenty awful on its own merits

Hey Pikmin demo= oh this is actually fun
Chibi Robo as soon as I finished the first level and they made me spin a wheel=tf is this

Zip Lash is still a mediocre game with some absolutely awful design choices that tank what otherwise might have been a swimming in 7's platformer.

Nintendo Direct On The Way!
Sources have confirmed to us that Nintendo will indeed have a Nintendo Direct focusing on first party software coming to the Nintendo Switch system. It is being reported that Nintendo will have new and exciting first party games to show off that will please fans of certain franchises.

Our sources have also confirmed that this Direct will appear within the fiscal year serving as one of the final first party Directs focusing on the original Nintendo Switch. Fans don't have to hold out a whole lot longer as games are on the way.

We will have more to report when Nintendo officially announces the next Nintendo Direct. Please click subscribe, like us on Facebook, Threads, Twitter, share a TikTok, write a wrap song and please donate to our patreon page so that we can continue to keep you up to date on all of the news happening in the world of Nintendo.

Back
Top Bottom