• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

Since Thursday we will have Paper Mario preview and Nintendo probably wouldn't do a direct in the same day, today is the last chance for an April direct to be announced.
They already did this with Return to Dreamland Deluxe last year, but I'm not expecting a direct this month anyway.

Can we all now agree that an April will not happen and probably have to wait till atleast June gor the next one?

So now go and play your Backlog😅

Last edited:
the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

We have a mysterious new Purple Toad NPC outside the Glitz Pit in the initial trailer plus some other minor new stuff like character back sprites. They are definitely touching stuff, we just don’t know to what extent yet.

i hoping the Paper Mario the Thousand Years Door remake add a mini Luigi campaing(based on the story he told Mario during the game campaing), a boss/miniboss refight mode, a option to listen to the original Game Cube soundtrack and the new orchestred soundtrack of the remake, improve the trouble center and fix some backtracking isseus(cof cof cof general White)

Honestly, them doing usual Direct in June would be interesting to see due to what they plan to release at second half of this year.

Btw I wasnt complaining just going be funny if this ends up being the longest time a speculation direct thread has been open.

I dont like to gate keep a thread but are we letting this thread be open until June?
Personally I don’t see any reason to shut it down. If people are enjoying the thread and discussing Directs and other relevant Nintendo presentations, I think that’s a good reason to keep it open.

Personally I don’t see any reason to shut it down. If people are enjoying the thread and discussing Directs and other relevant Nintendo presentations, I think that’s a good reason to keep it open.

i think it should stay open until may 7th at least with the financial report
If they say something spicy there we should decide then
Yeah I have no problem at all but Nintendo acting like its COVID again with this year timing of events.

PHASE 2 LAUNCHES - "Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego? (And The Nintendo Direct) New
Since it seems a Nintendo Direct is now unlikely for this month, I'm gonna launch phase 2 immediately!

Thread-Carmen-Logo1-Stars.png

Time pilots! Carmen Sandiego just stole a Nintendo Direct from the future! You've got... roughly 31 days to get it back, or there will be no Direct anytime soon!
Initiate chrono skimmer launch sequence, boot up the chrono computer! Power up the engines! Extend the temporal sequencer!
Now,
GET GOING!!!

And now here's the time pilot squadron leader; EvilChameleon!

Welcome welcome one and all to phase two of the 8th Nintendo Direct Speculation thread! As you can see, Carmen Sandiego and her VILE henchmen have stolen the next Nintendo Direct! It's up to all of us to find out where she is and return it to its rightful place in time. Will that be May? Will that be June? Only with teamwork can we find out! I'll be asking a series of trivia questions all month long, starting on the 1st of May, and with any luck, we'll be able to narrow down a date and stop La Femme Rouge from ruining our Summer!

50% of me thinks this is nothing, they do this all the time. In January, a similar thing happened and we got excited over nothing.

The other 50% has noted however, that this is suspiciously close to the Financial Briefing. Nintendo, whatcha doin there bud?
It most likely a Paper Mario event or some kind of influencer session.

50% of me thinks this is nothing, they do this all the time. In January, a similar thing happened and we got excited over nothing.

The other 50% has noted however, that this is suspiciously close to the Financial Briefing. Nintendo, whatcha doin there bud?
Usually when they close the store is for preparing a trailer video, a promotion or a private event like show a game to journalists and influencers

You can put those other 50% to rest. It’s nothing.

Yesterday I check in here and you all are giving into delirium.

Today I check in and we’ve got a Carmen Sandiego themed event going on.

I love this community.

When was the last time we had this kind of news drought? Was it really all the way back in 2016? Because that's the first place my mind goes.

The last direct was in September and it was focused almost entirely on remasters. Feels like almost a year since we had big (non-pokemon) news. All totally normal for this point in the cycle, but still. I didn't expect it to happen this time.

When was the last time we had this kind of news drought? Was it really all the way back in 2016? Because that's the first place my mind goes.

The last direct was in September and it was focused almost entirely on remasters. Feels like almost a year since we had big (non-pokemon) news. All totally normal for this point in the cycle, but still. I didn't expect it to happen this time.
2016 at least had a NES Mini.

But yeah, the news drought is bad, but not 2016 bad.

Even if this year is gonna be incredibly quiet, at least it’s nearly 1/3rd done already! And we’re surely gonna hear about switch 2 before years end, plus we need an update on the lineup post LM2

2020 was really bad. 2022 to a lesser extent too

The level of "Nintendo activity" is definitely lower so far this year despite the relatively normal schedule for marketing and the regular software releases. I get why people don't count Partner Showcases, but we've still had presentations in the normal windows of February and April for Switch generally, Pokemon and indies. The next event should come in June, and so the Nintendo news cycle while quiet, is running at the regular pace.

What we absolutely have had is a lull in first party announcements, which hasn't happened all that often in the Switch era. In makes sense this happened now, but it's still very dull in the absence of any new console news. I'd also say things are less interesting right now with the absence of any DLC support for Nintendo titles. Last year at this point we'd had Fire Emblem Engage DLC, an excellent expansion for Xenoblade 3, and still had Splatoon 3, Mario Kart and Pokemon expansions on the way. Splatoon 3 was the last title with DLC support which has just wrapped up, and now there's... nothing. So things are really quiet on that front too, which definitely lends into that lull in Nintendo activity. It's also true that, this time last year, the one-two of Mario move and Zelda gave Switch and Nintendo a huge burst of momentum and publicity, which was then sustained until Christmas.

I think we'll get several title announcements for Switch by late June, given the completely blank second half of the year. Hopefully at least a couple of those will feel exciting, though Endless Ocean Luminous is at least an unusual and interesting new title even if I'm not yet sold on it.

Back
Top Bottom