• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

May 2 - Endless Ocean Luminous
May 23 - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
June 5 - Metroid Prime 2 + 3 (Digital)
June 27 - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
July 25 - Metroid Prime 2 + 3 (Physical)
August 15 - F-Zero GX HD
September 5 - Wind Waker + Twilight Princess
September 26 - Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
October 24 - Metroid Prime 4
November 14 - Pokemon BW Remakes
Adding on to this

January 23 - Kid Icaurs Uprising HD
February 13 - Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World

The only two big "Shadowdrops" were Prime Remastered and Pikmin 1+2. I dunno how much they would have sold if they were not shadowdropped but it's not some common occurence
It honestly feels like some use Prime Remastered being shadowdroped as an excuse to justify it not selling gangbusters as they originally predicted.

Bracing for the takes if TTYD gets off to a slower start than Origami King, ignoring that re-releases tend to sell worse than new games

Fami, I'm in need of expert advice and I couldn't think of a better place to ask. What should I wear this week?

Should I go with something classic?

Or something a bit more modern?

It honestly feels like some use Prime Remastered being shadowdroped as an excuse to justify it not selling gangbusters as they originally predicted.

Bracing for the takes if TTYD gets off to a slower start than Origami King, ignoring that re-releases tend to sell worse than new games
The illusion of free choice will always bring us back to Paper Mario discourse.

It didn't help its sales at least!

Quoted by: Ab
May 2 - Endless Ocean Luminous
May 23 - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
June 5 - Metroid Prime 2 + 3 (Digital)
June 27 - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
July 25 - Metroid Prime 2 + 3 (Physical)
August 15 - F-Zero GX HD
September 5 - Wind Waker + Twilight Princess
September 26 - Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
October 24 - Metroid Prime 4
November 14 - Pokemon BW Remakes
I was with you until you said Pokémon. There’s no new game this year; it would have been revealed in February’s Presents

And yes I know that there’s typically another Presents in the summer, but AFAIK that’s always been reserved for further detailing the already announced title. Pokémon Legends Z-A is your next Pokémon game

I hope this is 38 games for each platform and not 38 total across six platforms
Ok so, I'm home now
GBA carts arent here though:
20240422_002556.jpg

20240422_002635.jpg

20240422_002707.jpg

20240422_002758.jpg

It's not much, but it's honest work.
Also missing: some psp games and genesis carts that arent with me anymore (eg: ristar and sonic 3)

Ok so, I'm home now
GBA carts arent here though:
20240422_002556.jpg

20240422_002635.jpg

20240422_002707.jpg

20240422_002758.jpg

It's not much, but it's honest work.
Also missing: some psp games and genesis carts that arent with me anymore (eg: ristar and sonic 3)
Also missing: a bunch of PC cds (mostly online games) that I could never find again at home.
Eg: grand chase, ragnarok, the sims 1 and 2...

In ancient times, this would be the time of year it would be appropriate to start hyping E3, waiting for Nintendo to confirm their timings, and so on.

These days, we're vaguely hoping a June direct happens, maybe, and E3 is totally dead. It's a little sad.

I just wonder if we're going to hear about some Switch 2 stuff from GDC before Nintendo has their May briefing.
FoDu7bEX0AE5LcE.jpg

There might be something, but the odds are so unbelievably low that it just isn't worth thinking about. If we're going to hear anything, it's likely going to be after the Switch is revealed because of the sensitivity of the information. If it was less important and less likely to harm a developer, it would've been published by now.

gimme a direct full of ports and fulfil the old shit year prediction:

• PoP sands trilogy (whilst we wait for the SoT remake)
  • Zelda HD’s (whilst we wait for next 3D zelda but i don’t think this will happen, maybe we’ll get a new 2D game)
  • MP 2&3 (and announce MP4 whilst we’re at it)
  • Rayman trilogy (why have they never been ported?)
  • Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E on NSO (come the hell on GF)
  • Pokemon Pinball on NSO (come the hell on GF)
  • Perfect Dark on NSO (that rare announcement surely means it’s coming)
  • DK64 on NSO (that rare announcement surely means it’s coming)
  • Smash 64 on NSO

Having just played an extended game today with my best friend, I am once again asking Nintendo to bring back the greatest Mario party game of all time, Fortune Street, as soon as humanly possible. Thank you.

Having just played an extended game today with my best friend, I am once again asking Nintendo to bring back the greatest Mario party game of all time, Fortune Street, as soon as humanly possible. Thank you.
I honestly wonder if the parties that be might finally consider completing the third side of the crossover triangle and have Mario and general FF cross over in earnest (even better if DQ is also there)

On the other hand I’m also interested to see what other boards (classic or new) they add to the mix…

I honestly wonder if the parties that be might finally consider completing the third side of the crossover triangle and have Mario and general FF cross over in earnest (even better if DQ is also there)

On the other hand I’m also interested to see what other boards (classic or new) they add to the mix…
I feel like if you got both Mario and Final Fantasy characters in the mix, it’d raise a lot of interest in the game in a way just Mario and Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest wouldn’t. I’m fine with just the Wii game coming back personally, but I’d most want a new game with additional boards and I hope we get all three sets of characters since I regularly pick Princessa in the Wii game.

Mario & FF chars must be one heck of a tonal clash in parts.

"IT'S-A-ME, MARIO! WOOHOO!"

"Name's Clive ... my life's been hell."

I feel like if you got both Mario and Final Fantasy characters in the mix, it’d raise a lot of interest in the game in a way just Mario and Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest wouldn’t. I’m fine with just the Wii game coming back personally, but I’d most want a new game with additional boards and I hope we get all three sets of characters since I regularly pick Princessa in the Wii game.
Mm that is definitely a fair point that I casually forgot about oops, but yes DQ is the comparative weak link as such (I suspect the Enix side of things does need to be present in some way considering the series historical roots)

As far as I recall from talking with others, Wii’s main weaknesses are game pacing and a somewhat weaker board selection - I think a title that combines a best of from Special/Portable/DS/Wii/30th with maybe a few wild cards from GK/3/Smart(??) and another couple with simple enough but unique gimmicks would be a blast and alleviates the latter issue of Wii (the former is a non issue considering both Switch or successor architecture and how fluid gameplay is in 30th and Smart).
…and while I haven’t played Sphere Mode myself, something to that effect could make for a more Mario Party like twist.

(Also, Princessa represent!)

Last edited:
We got FF vs Mario
We also got FF vs DQ

It think it's time to have the greatest Fortune Street crossover ever: FF vs Tales! I'm dead serious, we need a new entry that shows the Tales character superiority over FF to everyone.

Also, chibi Velvet!

We got FF vs Mario
We also got FF vs DQ

It think it's time to have the greatest Fortune Street crossover ever: FF vs Tales! I'm dead serious, we need a new entry that shows the Tales character superiority over FF to everyone.

Also, chibi Velvet!
You’ll get your Tales crossover with DQ and you’ll love it!
(I’d probably rock Cress / Mint / Jade Curtiss if so and if available)

Mario & FF chars must be one heck of a tonal clash in parts.

"IT'S-A-ME, MARIO! WOOHOO!"

"Name's Clive ... my life's been hell."
I had stepped away for a bit and thought how amazing it would be to have Clive in a new game lol. I don’t need voice acting for everyone, but 100% Clive has to be fully voiced haha.

I had stepped away for a bit and thought how amazing it would be to have Clive in a new game lol. I don’t need voice acting for everyone, but 100% Clive has to be fully voiced haha.

Imagine.

Peach: "Can i invite you to some cake?"

Clive: "My mother never made cake for me ... and if she did, it would've been poisoned."

We got FF vs Mario
We also got FF vs DQ

Also, chibi Velvet!
Why not both Why not all four! I’m more of an FF fan, but Tales does need more love. Would love to see a crossover game and Fortune Street would be a great time.

Imagine.

Peach: "Can i invite you to some cake?"

Clive: "My mother never made cake for me ... and if she did, it would've been poisoned."
For people unfamiliar with Fortune Street, that does sound vaguely plausible lol.

Genuinely surprised Fortune Street doesn’t come up more with Nintendo fans with how amusingly out there the dialog could get with different characters. 99% sure Waluigi declared war against the sun for example.

For people unfamiliar with Fortune Street, that does sound vaguely plausible lol.

Genuinely surprised Fortune Street doesn’t come up more with Nintendo fans with how amusingly out there the dialog could get with different characters. 99% sure Waluigi declared war against the sun for example.

Waluigi: "I, THE GREAT WAAAAHHHLUIGI, DECLARE WAR AGAINST THE SUN!"

Kefka: "And they call me crazy!"

Considering 30th went heavy on giving the cast full voice acting (in Japanese for the record, but still), and the dream situational dialogues as proposed above, I’d totally be up for seeing the English side pick up some slack with characters interacting in full (even more so if Mario characters are fully voiced, haha)

Firmly #TeamMay for a Direct/Twitter Indirect, but it'd be very cash money of Ninty to do a GBA NSO drop on Friday as a present for the upcoming Golden Week and because Friday's my birthday...

Turning off the npc chatter is the first thing I do when playing FS on Wii. Also increase the movement speed because good lord is the default slow.

In ancient times, this would be the time of year it would be appropriate to start hyping E3, waiting for Nintendo to confirm their timings, and so on.

These days, we're vaguely hoping a June direct happens, maybe, and E3 is totally dead. It's a little sad.
Even though I joked about a July Direct on the previous page, I would say, like last year, there'll be a Direct before Nintendo's next Annual General Meeting, which means mid to late June.

Just bought Balastro. What a game… i need a Nintendo franchised version of that.

Man… what a great great great game. It’s a new picross.

Even though I joked about a July Direct on the previous page, I would say, like last year, there'll be a Direct before Nintendo's next Annual General Meeting, which means mid to late June.
I agree with you!

I miss the certainty E3 brought to things though. Like right now we could be saying "will the treehouse be back this year" while we wait for that tweet, confident exactly which Tuesday the June Direct would be on

There lots of upsides to our new Geoff K's Summer Games Mess future, but there's downsides too.

Turning off the npc chatter is the first thing I do when playing FS on Wii. Also increase the movement speed because good lord is the default slow.
If I’m playing with people it’s max speed and no dialogue for sure especially because we usually increase the goal to 5 times the default. My game today was like 3.5 hours long and it was glorious.

Is there even gonna be new content? I was under the impression it was a 1-to-1 remake with very few changes.
We have a mysterious new Purple Toad NPC outside the Glitz Pit in the initial trailer plus some other minor new stuff like character back sprites. They are definitely touching stuff, we just don’t know to what extent yet.

Is there even gonna be new content? I was under the impression it was a 1-to-1 remake with very few changes.
I was thinking the same thing. There will probably be tweaks and some new stuff, but I don't expect much new. Mario RPG isn't that different from the original but did get a few adjustments.

If I’m playing with people it’s max speed and no dialogue for sure especially because we usually increase the goal to 5 times the default. My game today was like 3.5 hours long and it was glorious.
I would think someone would go bankrupt before you ever hit 5x the goal.

There was a new toad with a unique design in one of the screenshots, so there's SOMETHING new in the game, though who knows how significant it will be.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom