• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

My dream for years was a Thousand Year Door remake that included a bonus side-game where you get to play, first hand, Luigi’s adventure that’s happening alongside Mario’s.

My dream for years was a Thousand Year Door remake that included a bonus side-game where you get to play, first hand, Luigi’s adventure that’s happening alongside Mario’s.
I'm not buying the remake because I already have the GameCube original. But if they added something like that, they'd have my 60 dollars.

I would think someone would go bankrupt before you ever hit 5x the goal.
It can happen! It’s exciting! You can change the rules for however many you want allowed to go bankrupt. The economy definitely gets very wacky as you get close to the end.
5x suggested target is okay but this often does shift into a game state of forcing dominations for heavy damage plays considering the limits of investment (until someone three star shop tricks to tank or propel stocks in the relevant district)

Now as for something like 10x… there you very well could end up in an equilibrium state if left for too long (if not outright cause the game to give up and spit out a glitched venture card table that crashes the game 😱)

5x suggested target is okay but this often does shift into a game state of forcing dominations for heavy damage plays considering the limits of investment (until someone three star shop tricks to tank or propel stocks in the relevant district)

Now as for something like 10x… there you very well could end up in an equilibrium state if left for too long (if not outright cause the game to give up and spit out a glitched venture card table that crashes the game 😱)
Yeah wild plays get increasingly common even with computers. I had a computer today (Angelo) warp over to my highest value property on purpose, get hit for $7,000, and then snipe it for $25,000 to break a monopoly which I had never seen before lol.

It can happen! It’s exciting! You can change the rules for however many you want allowed to go bankrupt. The economy definitely gets very wacky as you get close to the end.
For sure, I just feel that FS has a runaway leader problem that's "fixed" by the game usually ending shortly after it becomes an issue (unlike Monopoly). Of course if everyone has insane amounts of money you can forcibly buy out people to break monopolies, but at that point I want the game to be over haha.

eLKTnPz.png

"Hello, Nintendo game seller. I'm going into summer, and I want your strongest Nintendo Directs."

o012N51.png

"My Nintendo Directs are too strong for you, Famiboards."

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - Beach episode
Persona 3 Reload - Beach episode

I haven't played Thousand Year Door past the first hour but the remake better have a beach episode, whether it was in the original or not!

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - Beach episode
Persona 3 Reload - Beach episode

I haven't played Thousand Year Door past the first hour but the remake better have a beach episode, whether it was in the original or not!
It does, but not in the way you'd think.

the April Nintendo Direct finally happens this week

the show ends with an unbelievable Metroid Prime 4 reveal trailer

there's weird anti gravity shit, at one point a skyscraper sized creature towers over Samus, she has a big ass sword upgrade?! Wut

then at the very end, it zooms in on Samus' helmet as she pops it off, slow-mo hair flips(some of the biggest hair you've ever seen in a videogame btw) and says directly into the camera:

"Fuck. Fortnite."

movie trailer BAWWW siren noise

Coming to Switch Holiday 2025

Endless Ocean 3 and Nintendo Direct speculation have a lot in common. Both are randomly generated and you never know what you're going to get each time.

Endless Ocean 3 and Nintendo Direct speculation have a lot in common. Both are randomly generated and you never know what you're going to get each time.

and both of them primarily involve zoning out and looking at fish*

*assuming you're cool enough to do your Famiboards browsing from an aquarium

we need something to pass the time between now and the release of Endless Ocean
We just had a Nintendo game (well, technically, kinda; it’s a brand for which Nintendo owns the trademark, at least!) released just a few days ago—Picross -LogiartGrimiore-! Plenty of puzzles to solve in that before it’s time to dive into the Endless Ocean!

We just had a Nintendo game (well, technically, kinda; it’s a brand for which Nintendo owns the trademark, at least!) released just a few days ago—Picross -LogiartGrimiore-! Plenty of puzzles to solve in that before it’s time to dive into the Endless Ocean!
Well I guess that's

*puts on sunglasses*

news, to me.

ffd48bccc811c18dcf914d7dc8b6cdf2.jpg

civil-war-plemons.jpg

"Ok… what kind of Nintendo fan are you?"
i am a Nintendo fan since i was 4/5 year old, i had nearly all Nintendo home/handheld consoles, with the exception of the NES, Virtual Boy and Wii U, and my favorite franchises for Nintendo is Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid e Pokemon

This is no indication of anything

They have not announced the playable games so they might wait for EO3 and TTYD to release to maybe say something.

I've been wondering if Nintendo will do another Nintendo Live at PAX West this year and what they would show. Perhaps whatever the Nintendo holiday game is, plus some old stuff? Could Switch 2 show its face? (Doubtful.) Surprisingly, that would be happening the same weekend as this event. I'm unsure if that increases or decreases the odds of a Seattle event.

They have not announced the playable games so they might wait for EO3 and TTYD to release to maybe say something.

Not my state, RIP. But will be interesting to see what's there, it's still a while away.

Huh, is this the first proper time that NSW / Sydney has had a major Nintendo event like this? (As I recall they’ve typically been a VIC / Melbourne thing)

Tbh Nintendo selects announcement could already make this year for me. Being able to catch up on some of the games I missed or do not want to pay full price for would be a perfectly fine way to bridge the gap to switch 2 for me. ARMS, Famicon Detective Club and Yoshi's Crafty World come to mind as perfect candidates for a selects line

Tbh Nintendo selects announcement could already make this year for me. Being able to catch up on some of the games I missed or do not want to pay full price for would be a perfectly fine way to bridge the gap to switch 2 for me. ARMS, Famicon Detective Club and Yoshi's Crafty World come to mind as perfect candidates for a selects line
Oh this is a good idea. If this is the only way we can Famicom Detective Club physically in the West then I will take it

I don't think there will be a Direct this week. And next week is Golden Week in Japan, so there's no chance. If there is, it won't be until next month in my opinion.

One of the few similarities between Fire Emblem and Overwatch.
That is prolly the most disrespectful thing i've ever read. Poor Fire Emblem doesn't deserve that. ;_;
I don’t know what’s worse - the comparison made, or the random idea that popped into my head as a result being of a Fire Emblem MOBA/team shooter-like game with the atmosphere of a Fire Emblem Heroes-like crossover world

I didn't mean being Direct opener, i meant being compared to Overwatch. ;_;
I did mean having to share being a opener with Overwatch. One day we‘ll destroy every record of Overwatch being an opener in a Famiboards Special Operationtm to restore the reputation of Direct Openers, but until that day I‘ll remain grieving.

Last edited:
You can delete Overwatch but we have to keep the best boy Winston. Just put him in the next Donkey Kong game.

images
As someone who never played competetively, NEVER used voice OR text chat, and never spent money in-game, I liked Overwatch a lot. Was mostly a really good time, and Winston is awesome.
... then Overwatch 2 came along, deleted the game I BOUGHT for MONEY, released a near-identical version that is worse in basically every way with no way of getting anything without spending a fortune, and now I just... struggle to wanna play the game.
Boo.

Since Thursday we will have Paper Mario preview and Nintendo probably wouldn't do a direct in the same day, today is the last chance for an April direct to be announced.

Back
Top Bottom