• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

A zelda game is in development at Nintendo either way, you can bet on that pretty much any day of any year I'd say

I believe there's 3 weeks after the launch of a new Zelda game, where the whole team has a special vacation when there's not a new Zelda game in dev! ;]

Man, there’s a chance, a slim chance, but a chance, that tomorrow at this time, we’ll finally have official confirmation that the next Nintendo console exists is launching soon🥹

Omg they’re actually not revealing it today (unless they do an evening reveal which has never happened for a retail release game before) they literally HAVE A GAME READY TO ANNOUNCE BEFORE THE MEETING! WHAT ARE THEY COOKING?!

Honestly, I'm bracing myself and setting expectations low. It was brought up elsewhere that Nintendo's already had meetings discussing future plans with a specific subset of their shareholders and investors, so that might allow them to remain more coy in this more general briefing. I do hope for at least some indication about the back half of the year software-wise, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it, or anything huge on the Switch 2 front.

I am very curious about this Banquet leak though. First instinct is Kirby, but kinda hoping it's weird new IP.

I don't think it really matters that much if they say anything about Switch 2 anyway tbh, like we already know it's coming.
I guess maybe it minimises the chances of it being delayed again, but other than that I don't think it would mean much outside of it maybe being named or codenamed.

It's propelly not a Hint...

Its answer will be simple.

"In 2022, I declared Switch to be in the middle of its lifecycle. There's still a year to go before its life-cycle is complete. No new console planned until 2026."

Drop mic.

Nintendo fan :

adb6cacecdc862c0ad17a9629f12977b.gif

(It's joke... Or not)

if I had to put money on it right now, I'd say Banquet is probably an NDcube project; Super Mario Party was Buffet and Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival was BBQ, so it feels like the closest style match

Omg they’re actually not revealing it today (unless they do an evening reveal which has never happened for a retail release game before) they literally HAVE A GAME READY TO ANNOUNCE BEFORE THE MEETING! WHAT ARE THEY COOKING?!
I still think there's a chance!! Labo and Game Builder Garage were both revealed in the evening (with the latter, I believe, revealed right before this same type of meeting in 2021), both also being retail releases! :)

if I had to put money on it right now, I'd say Banquet is probably an NDcube project; Super Mario Party was Buffet and Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival was BBQ, so it feels like the closest style match
Super Mario Party 2, or Superstars 2, would make a lot of sense really, but it'd be fun to see them take on something else. Fortune Street or an actually good Animal Crossing party game, please.

We talked about this before but is there any expectation that Nintendo could introduce Nintendo Selects or some type of "budget" release for some of their games during the meeting?

I'm still curious to when we will see Nintendo announce 'Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition' Pyoro doesn't usually tweet about stuff that is far off, so surely it's got to be soon.

I’m still going to be surprised if they go the whole meeting without at least acknowledging Switch 2, but I’m also expecting very very little

I'm still curious to when we will see Nintendo announce 'Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition' Pyoro doesn't usually tweet about stuff that is far off, so surely it's got to be soon.
I saw speculation on another thread that it could be announced later today as that's what they did with Game Builder Garage (announced it early morning Japan time and then mentioned it in the meeting when talking about the lineup they had for the year)!

I was on vacation and checked out of most news for about a week. What’s the tl;dr in the last week of Nintendo news? 👁️
Proving he hasn't been caught, Pyoro tweeted yet another tease, everyone freaked out thinking he was talking about the Switch 2, but it turned out it was just Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition.

It was funny and also disappointing. But mostly funny.

I was on vacation and checked out of most news for about a week. What’s the tl;dr in the last week of Nintendo news? 👁️
Pyoro and then also the ESRB leaked a new game that sounds like maybe a successor to NES Remix, some WiiU-era games got trademarks re-filed in Australia, Endless Ocean Luminous came out and dataminers found that the Bezel engine it runs on now seemingly supports up to 240fps, Midori leaked a codename for a game in development at Nintendo, we all briefly lost our minds thinking Nintendo confirmed they would talk about Switch 2 at the investor thing tomorrow because of poor reading comprehension

I think that's about it

"Nintendo is working on a game and it has a codename" is the most nothing news and tells me we're really scraping the barrel for something to get excited over right now.
"Factor 5 is working on a game for Nintendo Switch".

There, I would instantly be hyped beyond imagination.

I'll find some way to tie in "banquet" to F-Zero, don't you worry.
Well, aside from "Midori usually leaks Sega stuff so they could be giving Sega another shot at the series they knocked out of the park"

"Nintendo is working on a game and it has a codename" is the most nothing news and tells me we're really scraping the barrel for something to get excited over right now.
Agreed. I don’t know why it’s a big deal that Nintendo is developing a new game

Eh, a bit, but is that a bad thing? That games are being worked on is no surprise, but there's fun in the uncertainty of what sort of game it could be.

The thing is... we know the codename. And that means we can start speculating about what it is.

giphy.gif

It's been almost a year since Tears of the Kingdom came out. Nintendo better announce Tears of the Kingdom All-Stars to celebrate the anniversary.

Back
Top Bottom