• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

Stupid Nintendo, you could have made this number 148m if you released transparent atomic purple or Pikachu limited edition Switch lites.
Unironically, if the Switch 2 doesn't bring back translucent shells on the Joycon 2, then what even is the point? I honestly care more about that than the graphics output. (Not actually expecting anything, mind, but it would just be so nice to return to that aesthetic.)

Last edited:
Just say the next generation system will release before the end of the fiscal year. That’s all Nintendo needs to say. They don’t have to do more and people will be have to have that release confirmation.
I don't think there's any guarantee it will release before the end of the fiscal year.

I look forward to there being something that is poorly translated into English that makes everyone think one thing, when the reality is something completely different.

I look forward to there being something that is poorly translated into English that makes everyone think one thing, when the reality is something completely different.
People are already wildly misinterpreting a document from the last one so yeah, can't wait to see what this one's gonna provide 😅

Final bet: “We are in active development on future hardware and shall make necessary announcements at the appropriate time”. More than “Nintendo is always working on new hardware”, still nothing.

What I'm most curious about is if they'll announce Nintendo World Championship's: NES Edition tomorrow after they release the upcoming software list, and how much Princess Peach Showtime! did.

I wish we got a Direct later in the week to ease the pain but that seems unrealistic.

Just say the next generation system will release before the end of the fiscal year. That’s all Nintendo needs to say. They don’t have to do more and people will be have to have that release confirmation.

Could we get a Prime 4 trailer too. I know the investors are hyped for the next 10 million seller.

Yeah, at most it's an exciting confirmation, but with absolutely no further elaboration or supplemental material to accompany the announcement. Still would signify the end of a long-ass era on famiboards.com lmao
It’s such a small acknowledgement but it’s actually pretty big for the industry (and places like Fami, lol) to just finally have them confirm it and especially if they give a release window. How many years have we been speculating and discussing on endless loop? And the same goes for gaming podcasts, youtubers, and so on. Just being able to shift gears into “okay this is finally happening and we have a timeline” will feel really good even if we don’t actually know anything at all. Even if the speculation isn’t really any different afterward - it’ll feel different. Somehow. Probably.

It’s such a small acknowledgement but it’s actually pretty big for the industry (and places like Fami, lol) to just finally have them confirm it and especially if they give a release window. How many years have we been speculating and discussing on endless loop? And the same goes for gaming podcasts, youtubers, and so on. Just being able to shift gears into “okay this is finally happening and we have a timeline” will feel really good even if we don’t actually know anything at all. Even if the speculation isn’t really any different afterward - it’ll feel different. Somehow. Probably.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

We have known all these facts for years but Nintendo refuses to acknowledge and many comments have been thrown around outside this site that we're wrong or making things up or falling victim to fake insiders etc etc etc, and after a while the lack of acknowledgement does get tiring. It's very odd after a while to have all sorts of evidence of a thing that officially doesn't exist.

So even if nothing is revealed about the specs or features, even if like you say the speculation doesn't change, it'll be a relief to have its existence be admitted after all these years, especially for those of us who deal with enough anxiety from gaslighting as it is. 😅

Haven't been keeping up. Hope I didn’t miss the big stinky horse 2 announcement. Obviously the switch successor will be a smartphone app so we can play Everybody 3,4 Switch.

OH SHITTT

This is the first time they’ve announced a direct for a month instead of a specific date right? Wonder if they’ll wait til the usual 1-2 days before to confirm the date

Some nice, open, solid, clear cut communication has me feeling real happy and content. I’m glad we have timelines for it all now. That’s all I wanted.

Nice to have a good confirmation on the window! Now which day will it be? I'm personally hoping for as early as possible. The Luigi's Mansion 2 HD release week can be ruled out for sure

June Direct confirmed by Farukawa and Switch 2 will be announced within this fiscal year…

How trustworthy is this insider? I never heard of this furukawa guy until recently, I’ll wait for pyoro to confirm if this is legit or not.

• Announcement of the next console during the FY 24-25.
  • Nintendo Direct in June

No surprises, but it's good to have confirmation

Wait, what will happen with this thread now? This is technically an announcement.
Speculation about contents!

Pokémon LA yes or no?

On the one hand, announced switch game with the highest sales potential and Pokémon is in directs sometimes. On the other hand, it's a way out and Pokémon like running their own show sometimes

wolverine-lfg-wolverine-lets-fucking-go.gif

Team June wins, as expected. Assuming there will be a Pokemon Presents around the usual times too (though I suppose Legends: Z-A could appear in the June Direct instead, but I doubt it - I just want some actual gameplay footage and not just a logo).

Feeling like this June Direct could be the swan song Direct for specifically the Nintendo Switch.

There’s a non-zero chance that the Switch “2” could be shown off by the following Direct. If it’s September or later

If Metroid Prime 4 gets revealed in this June Direct, i wonder will Nintendo do like they did with Zelda and say this title will also be releasing on the Successor to the Nintendo Switch

Wait is this the first time a Ninty CEO has announced the coming of a Direct like that?

Back
Top Bottom