• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

Well that's some good anti-doomposting technique from Furukawa. Now we know a Direct is coming and there's actual games for the 2nd half of the year, alongside a proper Switch 2 reveal in the later half. I'm believing in FE4 Remake for this year again!

A single tweet that will kickstart another round of weekly - daily even- round of "what can we expect from Switch 2" youtube vids.

Nintendo content creator rejoice.

Honestly, i'd say both news in that Furukawa tweet are to calm down investors.

I doubt announcing the Direct a month early means they have Big stuff there.

Well there's a chance that they do announce some big cross-gen 2025 game at the next direct, and just not reveal that it's cross-gen just yet, but I'm expecting a smaller direct in June.. the exciting part is beyond that, when the successor reveal comes 👀

Honestly, i'd say both news in that Furukawa tweet are to calm down investors.

I doubt announcing the Direct a month early means they have Big stuff there.
It definitely feels like it was done to ensure that investors don't feel like Nintendo is going to coast after the hardware confirmation or that they will be abandoning the Switch now that they feel comfortable talking about the hardware!

At this point it might be a good idea to close this topic and reopen it in 25 days
What would be the point in that? The Direct is already confirmed, and speculation would just bleed into the other threads. This is like suggesting the Switch 2 threads be shut down until the next announcement. It just won't work.

It feels so strange to know that a direct is coming so far ahead of time, but I kinda wish that Nintendo would announce their directs several weeks ahead of time like this more often. It takes away a lot of the mystery and anticipation and let's us just look forward to what's coming, instead of over-analysing and endless speculation about the dates and timings, rather than the content itself

I also say to keep the thread open, because for the first time, there speculation can actually go on the content of the Direct and not the date anymore. ;]

I agree that I think we should keep the thread open (PLEASE BE AWARE)!! We don't necessarily know when the Direct in June will take place (we can make assumptions based on the past) and so I feel like if it's early in June, then that does really cut off the speculative side of the anticipation to a Direct (especially as, if it's early enough in June, real leaks will start to occur in late May and they will really dampen speculating about it)! We are already far enough into this thread that I don't really see a reason of closing it for a couple weeks only to reopen it at this point and I feel like now that we have an official confirmation, we can probably start speculating about the date it'll happen and what will be the contents of it! :)

It feels so strange to know that a direct is coming so far ahead of time, but I kinda wish that Nintendo would announce their directs several weeks ahead of time like this more often. It takes away a lot of the mystery and anticipation and let's us just look forward to what's coming, instead of over-analysing and endless speculation about the dates and timings, rather than the content itself
The last time I remember it didn't go very well... It was, I think, 2013, Iwata announced that the new 3d Mario would be revealed, we all thought of a new Galaxy and were perplexed to see the successor to 3d Land instead. ..

Please be aware: we are now in the process of initiating the Switch succession process™️. Please ensure your energy tank supply is topped up as the next month will be a process of patience.

I’m actually expecting a decent variety of content this coming Direct, considering sales forecasts. We don’t have a lot of expansion content on the roadmap (nor a lot of games that would stand to significantly benefit from it), so hopefully something novel along with Prime 4 and a couple of other similar tier megatons would be nice (if optimistic).

…I’m also a bit concerned for what crumbs the Pyoros of the world will feel liberated in leaving for us starving process believers / deniers etc in the next weeks tbh

There could always be a poll to decide what to do.

There's usually open spoiler and no-spoilers threads for Directs anyway, right? We may as well keep this open because firstly, there's no date on the June Direct and so it might even stretch out late into the month; and secondly it gives us a focal point for (in order of priority) madness containment, speculation, and leaks.

Last edited:
The last time I remember it didn't go very well... It was, I think, 2013, Iwata announced that the new 3d Mario would be revealed, we all thought of a new Galaxy and were perplexed to see the successor to 3d Land instead. ..
That's true, I think teasing the content of an upcoming direct maybe isn't such a good idea as it can set false expectations, but just letting us know of the existence of an upcoming direct feels safer

This does feel more in line with Nintendo's E3 directs in the past, when they would announce them in May a month or so ahead of time

Personally I'd say we're looking at either June 19th or June 26th.

That allows Nintendo to largely ignore SGF, as they always do, and it should mean the other platform holders have done their thing. It also means the second half product line up will be confirmed before the June 27th Annual General Meeting.

It should be.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Y’all we got a Direct window, not a date, no way the thread is getting closed.
The fact that the post directly above yours is speculating on the possibile date is proof enough 😅

traditionally the speculation thread would be closed when the Direct is announced, even in cases like this. the "this is Furukawa" thread is our discussion thread

non-traditionally closing the last thread for a Partner Showcase and non-traditionally keeping this one open after a full Direct announcement would really be snubbing @xghost777 lol

Personally I'd say we're looking at either June 19th or June 26th.

That allows Nintendo to largely ignore SGF, as they always do, and it should mean the other platform holders have done their thing. It also means the second half product line up will be confirmed before the June 27th Annual General Meeting.
I'd say we can cross out the 26th with some decent certainty, as that is the release week of Luigi's Mansion 2 HD.

Also, I've seen some people entertain a Luigi's Mansion 1 remaster shadowdrop at the next Direct, but that possibility has dropped a lot with it being in June and thus very close to Luigi's Mansion 2 HD.

At least logically that seems unlikely now. (But then again, Nintendo decided to reveal TTYD when SMRPG had yet to come out.)

I'd say we can cross out the 26th with some decent certainty, as that is the release week of Luigi's Mansion 2 HD.
I had it in my head that Nintendo did the Partner Showcase the week of Mario vs DK, but it was the week after. So sure, 19th or 20th seems likeliest to me.

I come to Famiboards to get away from Silksong speculation
KrrgpBd.gif

Hat and humble pie remaining uneaten.

Time to shell out money for a ticket to get back on the Team June train!
And on this day, the 7th of May 2024, we've got an incredibly early announcement for a Direct which will happen next month.
Next month just happens to be June.

In this case: HA, I WAS RIGHT, WE'RE GETTING A JUNE DIRECT LIKE WE USUALLY ALWAYS DO, WE WON PATTERNBROS

Genuinely curious to see what's happening in H2 2024 given it's been a strong (if quite remake/port-heavy) H1. Hope there's some decent stuff announced.

I have to say that I'm very impressed with how the site is holding up (right now)! On my end, there's a little bit of slowdown but nothing too bad... I am worried through about what's going to happen once more people wake up to the news...

Also! Since this was important last year (I believe the June Direct was the day before the Annual General Meeting), they did date the 84th Annual General for June 27th! I'm not sure how that plays into speculation around possible dates but!

I've got to agree that Luigi's Mansion 2 HD releasing on the 27th makes June 19th feel a bit more likely as the date of the Direct to me. In any case, I guess we're waiting on Sony to announce their presentation date, being it a State of Play or a Showcase.

Back
Top Bottom