• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

How would it get additional Direct marketing when it released in January? Even if Nintendo had followed a normal direct schedule, it would not have made any difference
Hold a January Direct ideally. I think small titles like that justify holding additional directs

I’m fully onboard the “Metroid Prime 4 this fall” train. A fall with it, Fire Emblem Geneology Remake, Zelda Ports, and a Mario Sports game (and maybe a price cut) sure sounds like a 13million-ish year to me.

June 13, 7 years to the day since the original MP4 announcement.
Trust The Process

Some of these and maaaybe some surprise.

-New Nintendo Games

Metroid Prime 4
Mario Party Deluxe
NES World Championship 2024
Pullblox
Pushmo

-Nintendo Ports & Remaster

Metroid Prime 2 & 3 Remaster
Zelda Wind Waker & Twilight Princess
F- Zero GX Remaster
Kid Icarus Uprising
Fire Emblem Remake ( Either 4 or Radiant)
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Luigis Mansion Remaster
Kirby Rainbow Brush
Yoshi Wooley World

-Third Parties

Hades 2
Mass Effect
Fallout
Tomb Raider
Some Microsoft Ports
Mario and Sonic Olympics
Something Warrior (Zelda, Advance Wars, Xenoblade)

It’s nice to finally wake up to good news after a weekend of hype.

Confirmation of a June direct during this weird year is super comforting.

Posting it here in case someone wants to look at my 6AM face, if that's ok with the mods -

If I were to summarize it:

• Don't be alarmed by that Nintendo tweet's wording - it's still coming out in March 2025
  • Reiterating my early Feb 2024 report that full backcompat is in
  • I'm aware of a couple of multiplatform games that'll be announced for Switch 2 early on in the next semester, which means third-parties are now (or will soon be) allowed to mention the system
  • The June Direct should be the last "main one" focused on Switch 1; more remasters will be announced during the show (and my educated guess is that MP4 is showing up as a late 2024 title as well)
  • Indie World in August
  • I've heard some rumblings of a possible Partner Direct post-August, but not sure on that yet as it's too early
  • Expecting a reveal in a similar schedule to what the OG Switch had

June direct.
Then Switch 2 announcement in September or October. Partners direct was brought up by Brazil which makes sense because they won’t have another general direct in September.

June will be the last switch only direct.

Posting it here in case someone wants to look at my 6AM face, if that's ok with the mods -

• Don't be alarmed by that Nintendo tweet's wording - it's still coming out in March 2025
  • I'm aware of a couple of multiplatform games that'll be announced for Switch 2 early on in the next semester, which means third-parties are now (or will soon be) allowed to mention the system
  • The June Direct should be the last "main one" focused on Switch 1; more remasters will be announced during the show (and my educated guess is that MP4 is showing up as a late 2024 title as well)
  • Indie World in August
  • I've heard some rumblings of a possible Partner Direct post-August, but not sure on that yet as it's too early

The Partners direct happening later this year makes sense. I think DK or Metroid will be in the June direct.

I remember Kat Bailey saying even more re-releases were due in 2024 a few months ago; no further re-releases have been confirmed since, obviously, so those things are still in the pipeline.

I'm all for a Fire Emblem 4 remake but would be nice to have at least something new. DK, 2D Zelda and NdCube are probably my wildcards on that front.

If the June Direct is really the last one (General that is), then I'm fairly sure it will be bigger than people expect.
Nintendo will have to announce their July 2024 - February 2025 line up after all.

The floods have open so we can start expecting announcements from third party publishers (either official or from leaks) in the next months.

Plus (probably very few) leaks regarding Nintendo first party output.

Hopefully June Direct includes Metroid Prime 4.

How would it get additional Direct marketing when it released in January? Even if Nintendo had followed a normal direct schedule, it would not have made any difference
It doesn’t release in January’s it gets pushed back to may or February or March or smth

You know what, amidst all the celebration... I still think NWC is getting announced before the Direct, in fact, I kinda think they're gonna try and distract from all this with an announcement at 9

You know what, amidst all the celebration... I still think NWC is getting announced before the Direct, in fact, I kinda think they're gonna try and distract from all this with an announcement at 9
I think some other users were thinking NWC NES is the swansong for the Famicom 40th Anniversary celebration; honestly it probably makes more sense in that vein as opposed to an even more random Twitter drop

More re-releases sounds good to me if it includes FE4 remake and F-Zero GX. Get Wind Waker HD in there too and you're rounding off the Switch gen with some of my favourite games ever

• Reiterating my early Feb 2024 report that full backcompat is in
  • Indie World in August

I guess no news on BC then?

I think some other users were thinking NWC NES is the swansong for the Famicom 40th Anniversary celebration
Makes even more sense to announce it ASAP then! The end date of said anniversary is July 18th, so they gotta give us a reveal soon, and I assume the ESRB page wouldn't have gone up now if this announcement wasn't imminent

July 18th is a Thursday, which is the new release day for Nintendo games this year.

That's the spot for Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition.

Still hoping for FE4 Remake opening with a Prime 4 closer. I think the Zelda ports will still not come this year.

Hoping this means we finally get Wind Waker or Twilight Princess.

Nintendo needs your help.

We're at 141 million Switches sold, and getting close to the PS2's 160 million unit lifestime sales, but Nintendo's only forecasting 154.5 million consoles by the end of this year. If every Famiboarderser goes out and buys just 3 more Nintendo Switches, we'll be able to help push the Nintendo Switch to being the best selling console of all time.

Think of all the models you didn't get. The original Switch v1? The v2 with a better battery life? The cute lite that comes in Miku flavour turquoise? The Switch OLED? How can your collection be complete without them all?

Please, Famiboardsers, let's make it happen, and cement both Nintendo and the Nintendo Switch as being better in history than Sony and the PlayStation 2! (or as I've taken to calling it, the PlayStation Ew)

eVKuGwP.png

Nintendo needs your help.

We're at 141 million Switches sold, and getting close to the PS2's 160 million unit lifestime sales, but Nintendo's only forecasting 154.5 million consoles by the end of this year. If every Famiboarderser goes out and buys just 3 more Nintendo Switches, we'll be able to help push the Nintendo Switch to being the best selling console of all time.

Think of all the models you didn't get. The original Switch v1? The v2 with a better battery life? The cute lite that comes in Miku flavour turquoise? The Switch OLED? How can your collection be complete without them all?

Please, Famiboardsers, let's make it happen, and cement both Nintendo and the Nintendo Switch as being better in history than Sony and the PlayStation 2! (or as I've taken to calling it, the PlayStation Ew)

eVKuGwP.png

The house has three already, that's enough.

I remember Kat Bailey saying even more re-releases were due in 2024 a few months ago; no further re-releases have been confirmed since, obviously, so those things are still in the pipeline.

I'm all for a Fire Emblem 4 remake but would be nice to have at least something new. DK, 2D Zelda and NdCube are probably my wildcards on that front.

Was that speculation on her part? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of her leaking/rumouring anything before

Hoping this means we finally get Wind Waker or Twilight Princess.
In my mind the TP and TWW remasters will wait another year, I'm thinking of other games like F-Zero GX, Kid Icarus: Uprising or Metroid Prime 2 & 3.

For me, it would be more reasonable to expect a new Hyrule Warriors based on the Zelda TOTK universe.

Direct in June as expected. It's nice to have it confirmed early though at least, hopefully Genealogy is finally announced.

I do genuinely wonder what this Direct may have. From my very non-expert point of view, the forecasted drop in how much software Nintendo thinks will be sold this fiscal year wasn't honestly as much as I thought it would be. Obviously, that may account for successor to the Nintendo Switch's launch software if it's out by March '25, and if that the case, then it makes sense, but it does make me feel like the Switch has at least one more 10+ million seller left in it for this year (probably being a Mario Party) or multiple smaller titles that will sell around 5 million! :)

Still hoping for FE4 Remake opening with a Prime 4 closer. I think the Zelda ports will still not come this year.

I think exactly the same as you :)

I'm just hoping to get Luigi's Mansion 1 to have the complete collection. Or Metroid Prime 2+3 in the style of Pikmin 1+2.

Was that speculation on her part? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of her leaking/rumouring anything before
It wasn't really positioned as a leak and she wouldn't elaborate it. But it also shouldn't be surprising a well-connected journalist from a major website has heard stuff, even if they're not willing to go into specifics. It was on NVC back in January so I can't remember the exact details, but I think it was essentially similar to what Brazil is now saying.

There's also some long rumoured things that never materialised on the remaster front, including F ZERO GX, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, whatever Bamco are remastering (Star Fox Assault? Kid Icarus Uprising?), and Metroid Prime 2 and 3. So perhaps she was thinking of that list of stuff, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom