• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

My first party predictions for June Direct:

1) Metroid Prime 4 (November)
2) Metroid Prime 2+3 HD (shadowdropped, July physical release)
3) Fire Emblem 4 GotW Remake (September)
4) Kirby the Rainbow Cruise Deluxe (January)
5) The Legend of Zelda TP+WW HD (December)
6) Donkey Kong 3D Country (October)
7) Kid Icarus Uprising HD (February)

Very surprised but happy to have a June Direct officially confirmed a whole month ahead of time! I imagine it was to state up front that Switch 2 news would not be there since that was also officially acknowledged now. Here’s hoping this is finally the breakout of long-awaited remasters - WW, TP, MP 2 + 3, GX, KIU, SFA, etc.

You know, I could see a Star Fox game this year/ in the direct. Whether a port/remake/remaster or some weird new project or something inbetween(like a remake of 1/2 using zero’s assets)

OK, since now it's official, here's my predictions for this June Direct:

• Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake
  • Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition
  • a new Mario Party
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • a new Pushmo game
  • a small Kirby eShop game
  • Twilight Princess HD/The Wind Waker HD ports
  • A brand new Donkey Kong game
  • A new batch of NSO games (mostly from Rare)

OK, since now it's official, here's my predictions for this June Direct:

• Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake
  • Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition
  • a new Mario Party
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • a new Pushmo game
  • a small Kirby eShop game
  • Twilight Princess HD/The Wind Waker HD ports
  • A brand new Donkey Kong game
  • A new batch of NSO games (mostly from Rare)
This would be one of the greatest Directs of all time for me personally.

Normally I don't want to get my hopes up this high for a Direct, but I feel this is definitely in the realm of possibility for this one. I'm feeling something special for this June Direct.

May 23 - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
June 12 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes HD + Metroid Prime 3: Corruption HD (Digital)
June 27 - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
July 11 - Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition (and Metroid Physical)
July 25 - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD + Twilight Princess HD
August 15 - Kid Icarus: Uprising HD
September 5 - F-Zero GX HD
September 26 - Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
October 24 - Metroid Prime 4
November 14 - Pokémon Black and White remake
January 16 - Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World
February 6 - Xenoblade Chronicles X
March 6 - Switch successor launch

Posting it here in case someone wants to look at my 6AM face, if that's ok with the mods -

If I were to summarize it:

• Don't be alarmed by that Nintendo tweet's wording - it's still coming out in March 2025
  • Reiterating my early Feb 2024 report that full backcompat is in
  • I'm aware of a couple of multiplatform games that'll be announced for Switch 2 early on in the next semester, which means third-parties are now (or will soon be) allowed to mention the system
  • The June Direct should be the last "main one" focused on Switch 1; more remasters will be announced during the show (and my educated guess is that MP4 is showing up as a late 2024 title as well)
  • Indie World in August
  • I've heard some rumblings of a possible Partner Direct post-August, but not sure on that yet as it's too early
  • Expecting a reveal in a similar schedule to what the OG Switch had

Can you hint at one of the remasters?

I'd prefer not to, my friend. It's hard, from where I'm standing, to pinpoint exactly when each title is going to be announced, and in case something slipped it would fall on me.

Beyond that, I'm personally not that into finding out/talking about game announcements right before they're supposed to happen :p
Okay

Just sneeze if it’s Galaxy 2

Done talking about Prime 4 until we see footage or some major news, but gotta respect some famiboards members for being the biggest (and only) "Prime 4 is a switch 1 title only" soldiers on the internet

Done talking about Prime 4 until we see footage or some major news, but gotta respect some famiboards members for being the biggest (and only) "Prime 4 is a switch 1 title only" soldiers on the internet
To me, it wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't.

Besides, if the Switch 2 is fully backwards compatible, it will be kind of a moot point.

I'd prefer not to, my friend. It's hard, from where I'm standing, to pinpoint exactly when each title is going to be announced, and in case something slipped it would fall on me.

Beyond that, I'm personally not that into finding out/talking about game announcements right before they're supposed to happen :p
F-zero Gx remaster

-H1 being full of ports and remasters.
Internet: drought

-Switch 2 coming next fiscal year.
Internet: when are all the ports and remasters we are longing for releasing in H2????

Oh God, that's true, it really happened, it was so weird. My cats were shocked in awe at the scene. That man wasn't eating, he was mauling and devouring that sandwich. I actually felt bad for it. After that he just left, I did not even hear the door opening or closing. I don't think I'll sleep for the next couple of days
😢

Now on the next direct. I don't have much to say, exactly what I expected is what PH has been saying. The ports and remasters/remakes gallore. I believe Prime 4 will be the swansong for the console, some high profile indies and we're on to the next machine.
I actually started Prime remaster these days and I'm really enjoying, I'll even probably go back to Dread after that. If Nintendo can announce and release Prime 2, 3 and 4 while I'm on that state I'll be a very happy individual.

I know some people are just being sarcastic, but what are the actual odds we'll see a new DK game?

I'd like to imagine they'll have DK for the new system but with how Nintendo is, who the fuck knows at this point.

My reaction to Nintendo news today vs. My reaction to Xbox news today

image.png

I know some people are just being sarcastic, but what are the actual odds we'll see a new DK game?

I'd like to imagine they'll have DK for the new system but with how Nintendo is, who the fuck knows at this point.
squints at username hmm

Anyway, there's definitely a 2D game in the works at EPD 8 in Tokyo, (independent of Super Mario Bros Wonder which was developed in Kyoto by EPD 10) based on a hiring call from August 2020. The most common guess for the EPD 8 2D project is Donkey Kong, and there have been some rumours which suggested Nintendo made the decision a few years back to bring DK back to internal development and specifically to the Tokyo office. But it's not official until it's official.

Personally I do think the 2D game is DK. Nintendo have made moves around the characters with merchandising, the film and theme parks, and the Tokyo office was the last internal team to make a DK game, too (internal team meaning EPD these days, formerly EAD and SPD, distinct from subsidiaries like Retro Studios).

I highly doubt they'd invest in a whole theme park without having a game cooking right alongside it.

Within the next couple years, I think we'll see DK get the holy trinity: Movie, Theme Park, Flagship game

I'm sure if COVID and a bunch of other external factors weren't a thing, we would have gotten either the next 3D Mario or atleast Mario Wonder coming out closer to the park and movie release dates for max synergy.

A lot of folks seem to think Nintendo will just drop the Switch like a rock as soon as the new system arrives, but a lot of things have been in the works for a while. I don't think it's going to be quite as long as the 3DS, but I'm preparing myself for a lot of "why isn't this for the Switch 2?" for the next year or so.

squints at username hmm

I've already said this before, but I'm a differnet Mr.Bones. I don't know who or what this other guy did, but he's not me.

Anyway, that's cool to hear. I'd personally love a 3D adventure, but as long as DK comes back, I think that's what matters most. DK64 HD would go hard tho.

I highly doubt they'd invest in a whole theme park without having a game cooking right alongside it.

Within the next couple years, I think we'll see DK get the holy trinity: Movie, Theme Park, Flagship game

I'm sure if COVID and a bunch of other external factors weren't a thing, we would have gotten either the next 3D Mario or atleast Mario Wonder coming out closer to the park and movie release dates for max synergy.
Very good point honestly. The real question is when they'll finally pull the trigger.

A lot of folks seem to think Nintendo will just drop the Switch like a rock as soon as the new system arrives, but a lot of things have been in the works for a while. I don't think it's going to be quite as long as the 3DS, but I'm preparing myself for a lot of "why isn't this for the Switch 2?" for the next year or so.
Yeah, I believe the current Switch will last at least two more years with smaller games that can be released for both systems; and of course, lots of Indies too!

I say up to late 2026 to early 2027 there will be still Switch 1 games released.

DKCR HD and DK64 on NSO this year for Switch, brand new 3D DK next year for Switch 2. In my dreams, anyway.

I think there's a real possibility Nintendo settle on DKCR remaster as an easy release for this year. It is also odd that Donkey Kong '94, Donkey Kong Land 1-3, the GBC port of Donkey Kong Country, the GBA ports of the entire Country trilogy, DK: King of Swing, Donkey Kong 64 and Diddy Kong Racing are all missing from NSO.

I don't think Nintendo are going to blast them out all at once, but it is very odd considering how quickly Nintendo got some other high profile franchises - like Zelda or Kirby - out and represented on the new systems added to NSO in the last few years.

I think there's a real possibility Nintendo settle on DKCR remaster as an easy release for this year. It is also odd that Donkey Kong '94, Donkey Kong Land 1-3, the GBC port of Donkey Kong Country, the GBA ports of the entire Country trilogy, DK: King of Swing, Donkey Kong 64 and Diddy Kong Racing are all missing from NSO.

I don't think Nintendo are going to blast them out all at once, but it is very odd considering how quickly Nintendo got some other high profile franchises - like Zelda or Kirby - out and represented on the new systems added to NSO in the last few years.
Calling it now gamers: Donkey Kong Direct coming soon

I feel 50/50 on Donkey Kong. I could see it showing up in the Direct, but I'm not feeling fully confident on it.

What I am feeling confident on: Metroid Prime 4 is showing up in the June Direct. I know I've said that before every Direct, but this time I mean it. I feel it so deeply in my heart that the feeling is reverberating all the way to my belly button. It's time.

Last edited:
May 23 - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
June 12 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes HD + Metroid Prime 3: Corruption HD (Digital)
June 27 - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
July 11 - Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition (and Metroid Physical)
July 25 - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD + Twilight Princess HD
August 15 - Kid Icarus: Uprising HD
September 5 - F-Zero GX HD
September 26 - Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
October 24 - Metroid Prime 4
November 14 - Pokémon Black and White remake
January 16 - Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World
February 6 - Xenoblade Chronicles X
March 6 - Switch successor launch

If this was real it would bankrupt me.

As much as we joke about Nintendo hating its fans (it only hates most of you), they are really the only console manufacturer that is making software specifically for the super fans. I'm talking about making titles that won't blow up the sales charts but are appreciated by a select group of people. We joke about how many times Bayonetta has bombed only for it to get a sequel, and then another game, and even a spinoff prequel. Nintendo has made some remakes of Famicom Detective Club, Advance Wars, Another Code, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Mario RPG, The Thousand Year Door. None of these are the usual high profiles games you would expect a developer to remake. Yeah, it's old shit but let's be honest, Nintendo fans love old shit. They brought back Pokemon Snap. Ported over titles like Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong County: Tropical Freeze. Actively invested in traditional JRPGs from Square Enix.

They're never going to satisfy everyone (especially Arms fans) but at a time when companies are getting shut down for not being successful enough or having a 10 million + annual seller, I'm glad Nintendo is smartly investing in a variety of games because each one plays a role in making the company successful.

Calm down. You trying to kill me!

I know Jeff Grubb said something about Metroid and May. I can’t recall what he said, but I’ll take whatever he heard was good info, except the Metroid Prime 4 info is coming in the confirmed June direct
It was something like "Metroid may still exist this May" I think or thereabouts idk

or it was actually about marketing for a Metroid product beginning this month? It might have meant marketing was being finalised this month but I can't remember the specifics or which Metroid title; but Prime 4 finally appearing next month wouldn't surprise me.

I believe Nate and Sylux mentioned that they had heard it was GX HD a few times but weren't sure cause they had heard that less. Could be a HAGI port at the very least.
While I had heard of a potential GX HD port, the info I had strong confidence in was an F-Zero project -- which was likely F-Zero 99 given the timing of the info and F-Zero 99 releasing a year later. That's not to say there isn't another F-Zero project in the pipeline but that would be something I'd need to look into -- which could very well be the F-Zero GX HD project I heard about. When I have better clarity and an update, I'll provide it.

Last edited:
I feel this fall season will have some "impossible to guess" first party games from associate studios, akin to Advance Wars, Another Code or Endless Ocean. Maybe even less known than those franchises? Mecha MG perhaps? Reginleiv? Sandlot is free. Maybe Kuju returns and makes another Batallion Wars?

Since Japanese players don't care about Prime series much there has got to be something big for them as well. Might I suggest: Mother 3 remake. Problematic parts taken out, looks like Link's Awakening remake and Itoi returns to game making business. Quite a closer to Switch era that game would be, am I right?

So, the fabled Dragon Quest 3 2D-HD gotta appear in june too, right? right?
I have to assume it would - unless maybe it'd show up at say a Partner Direct around Tokyo Game Show instead.
I feel this fall season will have some "impossible to guess" first party games from associate studios, akin to Advance Wars, Another Code or Endless Ocean. Maybe even less known than those franchises? Mecha MG perhaps? Reginleiv? Sandlot is free. Maybe Kuju returns and makes another Batallion Wars?

Since Japanese players don't care about Prime series much there has got to be something big for them as well. Might I suggest: Mother 3 remake. Problematic parts taken out, looks like Link's Awakening remake and Itoi returns to game making business. Quite a closer to Switch era that game would be, am I right?
DQ3HD would fit for a Japanese-focused release. Maybe that takes the Mario RPG November slot from last year?

I really hope the FE4 Remake happens after being rumored for so long. Who was the first person to report it, was it Emily a few years ago when she first gave the Engage info?

Pretty good predictions, I would personally just (sadly) replace 3DK with Mario Party

I have to assume it would - unless maybe it'd show up at say a Partner Direct around Tokyo Game Show instead.

DQ3HD would fit for a Japanese-focused release. Maybe that takes the Mario RPG November slot from last year?
Oh third party wise there should be tons of heavy hitters for Japan, not just DQ3HD. We also have much teased Bravely and FF tactics games coming up. Fantasy Life and Decapolice also will rule the sales lists. I just wonder if there's something much bigger than all of those. Mother/Earthbound returning is the biggest thing Nintendo can do right now. That's be some "swan song" for Switch.

Back
Top Bottom