• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

Super Metroid Prime is such a stupidly brilliant title, I'm surprised they didn't already do that.

Double points if the successor is called the Super Switch.

So I’m thinking these are the games that get announced.

Mario Baseball
Fire Emblem
NES Championship
WW/TLP pack
Metroid Prime 2/3 HD
Closes with Metroid Prime 4

So I’m thinking these are the games that get announced.

Mario Baseball
Fire Emblem
NES Championship
WW/TLP pack
Metroid Prime 2/3 HD
Closes with Metroid Prime 4
NES Championship is probably getting announced this week. Pyoro only leaks imminent announcements, and June is very much not imminent.

I've seen mentions of WWHD/TPHD being rumored in this thread. Can anyone point me to those rumors? I don't recall ever seeing credible rumors for those games and thought it was more a lot of "well, it makes sense for them to release" and "yes, I'd like this to happen" situation.
My predictions for the end of the year have not changed.

• Fire Emblem 4 Remake
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Pokemon Legends Z-A

The rest is a bonus.

If there's a new Donkey Kong, I see it coming out next year. Cross-gen or not.
Pokemon Legends Z-A was officially announced as a 2025 title during its reveal. Are you thinking they'll move the release date up?

My new predictions:

June: Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition (e-shop), Luigi's Mansion 2 HD

July: Donkey Kong Country Returns (includes content from the 3DS version)

August: Nothing lol

September: Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War Remake, The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD

October: Star Fox Assault Remake, Mario Party Superstars 2

November: Metroid Prime 4

December: Nothing lol

January: Nothing lol

February: Nothing lol

March: Switch 2

Could see the NES world championstuff getting the same cycle as Garage Builder

Reveal should be imminent if that's the case, release within a month
Physical version later in this year

sadly Nintendo World Championships has me thinking it's not happening

collective L for the world
Nah, it'll happen, don't worry.

Man we might be playing Switch 2 this time next year and we'll definitely know about it and some of its games. I hope they go 3DS style and just show a bunch of first party plans. Mario, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, whatever Sakurai might be doing, Rhythm Paradise, new IP, Nintendo Land 2. The usual.

Struggling to square "more re-releases incoming" with "MisterSpo wills us all into the reality where new 2D Zelda is the November game".

Hm. This is going to require a lot of coffee.
I think that's something they would hold on to for a Switch 2 launch year surprise. Getting all three major franchises on the new system year one would guarentee success (I hope).

Biggest hope for a new Rhythm Paradise would be to have German voices again, those songs on DS are iconic here

I think that's something they would hold on to for a Switch 2 launch year surprise. Getting all three major franchises on the new system year one would guarentee success (I hope).
2D Zelda has on a couple of occasions been right at the tail end of the generation, practically launching at the same time as a new console on the preceding hardware, so I'm hoping for that.

I'm manifesting a Donkey Kong game as the holiday title (with Mario Party taking October). I think it's time.

I'm manifesting a Donkey Kong game as the holiday title (with Mario Party taking October). I think it's time.
That would be an elite combo for me 🔥🔥🔥
But I'm hoping got Metroid not because I want to play it but because I have it in my Fantasy Critic league....

A person named Furukawa leaked the June Direct, but is he an established leaker? I couldn't find any past records of him.

I think I’m largely guessing the same games I’ve been guessing and maybe an extra one or two if we see January and February’s games here (one might be Pokemon). Assuming Nintendo World Championship is getting announced soon, I’m leaning toward:

Metroid Prime 4
New Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem Genealogy
The HD Zeldas potentially - though darn multiplayer or 2D Zelda would be the dream
Mother 3 standalone purchase (like FE NES)
Some multiplayer game - praying for Fortune Street
Something like Tomodachi or Rhythm Heaven
Alternately maybe Astral Chain 2?
Some handful of other remasters / ports like maybe Luigi’s Mansion 1 and Donkey Kong Country Returns

If they can save the HD Zeldas for next holiday as final “big” Switch 1 games in the cross gen period I think they will. Maybe if the first Pokemon game on Switch 2 is cross gen they can put them out this year. Their hardware and software sales goal are ambitious so I could see us getting one good final hurrah, but parts of this are hard to guess.

Expecting some of those big floating third party games to probably appear (Layton, Decapolice, Rune Factory, Daemon X Machina 2 etc) to pop up here plus finally one last round of Square Enix games.

The fact that they didn't remaster both Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2 as a double pack still haunts me (pun intended!)

Luigi's Mansion does seem possible as a shadow drop at some stage, but considering it got a remake on 3DS not too long ago, and as the June direct will likely be taking place only weeks before Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, I don't think there's a space for it

October is almost guaranteed to have a Mario title of some variety, and both Camelot and NdCube are due with games. Difficult to think of where else Mario could come from given what we've had in the last 8 months, unless a third party has been given a Mario license of some sort.

Tbf, I don't really see the HD Zeldas being released for the Switch. Nintendo has really tried to have an annual or semi-annual cadence of Zelda releases throughout the Switch's lifespan, and I assume they'll try that for the new system as well. As such, releasing the games now would leave them with nothing to hold onto for years to come to fill the calendar between new game releases (whether purely new or remakes). Best, best case is for one of the two to launch, and even that I find difficult to happen.

Tbf, I don't really see the HD Zeldas being released for the Switch. Nintendo has really tried to have an annual or semi-annual cadence of Zelda releases throughout the Switch's lifespan, and I assume they'll try that for the new system as well. As such, releasing the games now would leave them with nothing to hold onto for years to come to fill the calendar between new game releases (whether purely new or remakes). Best, best case is for one of the two to launch, and even that I find difficult to happen.
The Switch 2 will probably have a 3D Zelda, a 2D Zelda, a Hyrule Warriors game, and probably HD ports of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. That's five years covered right there. If 2D Zelda and/or Hyrule Warriors come early, there's plenty of time for sequels as well. I don't think Nintendo has anything to worry about.

The Switch 2 will probably have a 3D Zelda, a 2D Zelda, a Hyrule Warriors game, and probably HD ports of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. That's five years covered right there. If 2D Zelda and/or Hyrule Warriors come early, there's plenty of time for sequels as well. I don't think Nintendo has anything to worry about.
3D Zelda... yes, but in a couple of years. 2D Zelda... yes, even right out of the box! Hyrule Warriors? It wouldn't make no sense not having one. But HD Ocarina and Majora's? They already have it - NSO have both as HD titles.

That's not to say that I overall disagree with what you say. Change HD Ocarina for a ground up Ocarina remake, and, yes, you'd have four years covered. But year 5? And 6? And 7? The Switch itself already had two ports: Hyrule Warriors and Skyward Sword. That's why I'm saying that, even if I could see (with doubts, but it could be) one of the two HD games, I'd be really shocked if not only Nintendo releases two major Zelda games in one punch, but that they save one of them for the latter part of the next gen console cycle.

3D Zelda... yes, but in a couple of years. 2D Zelda... yes, even right out of the box! Hyrule Warriors? It wouldn't make no sense not having one. But HD Ocarina and Majora's? They already have it - NSO have both as HD titles.

That's not to say that I overall disagree with what you say. Change HD Ocarina for a ground up Ocarina remake, and, yes, you'd have four years covered. But year 5? And 6? And 7? The Switch itself already had two ports: Hyrule Warriors and Skyward Sword. That's why I'm saying that, even if I could see (with doubts, but it could be) one of the two HD games, I'd be really shocked if not only Nintendo releases two major Zelda games in one punch, but that they save one of them for the latter part of the next gen console cycle.
I was more referring to HD ports of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask 3D, as I don't think a remake of either is really necessary. The Switch has also already skipped one year and if your theory is right will skip another, so annual releases would be out the window already.

That would be an elite combo for me 🔥🔥🔥
But I'm hoping got Metroid not because I want to play it but because I have it in my Fantasy Critic league....
I could see this kind of scheme:
Metroid Prime 4 takes early October
Mario Party takes late October
my reasoning for this? Metroid Dread and a Mario Party title both took the beginning and end of October in 2021.
DK takes late November, as the holidays are usually the spot for the mainline games.

September could have 2D Zelda I guess, if that's a thing Grezzo has been working on (but they may right now just be working on a new Ocarina remake for the successor instead heh)

I could see Fire Emblem 4 Remake in July or August.

Dunno, if i was making decisions at Nintendo, i'd push Prime 4 for the full successor reveal in fall. This is an outstanding candidate for a cross-gen game, so as long as it will release on Switch it's fine. But the first showing would definitely be the successor version.

Honestly though, if the upcoming Direct doesn't have the FE4 remake, i'm going to leave that running-gag-train.

I guess I'm good then lol- I'm more personally just frustrated this asshole has tainted a common username. I'd change my name if I could, but I don't know how.

You could contact moderation and ask for a namechange?

I guess I'm good then lol- I'm more personally just frustrated this asshole has tainted a common username. I'd change my name if I could, but I don't know how.
Keep the name! Vanquish the evil through good conduct, shitposts, and other such activities.

It's a tough year to do predictions for but let's see we have:

June: Metroid Prime 2+3 Hagi ports digital release after the Direct like Pikmin 1+2 last year
July: Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition
August: maybe a Kirby eshop title
September: Metroid Prime 2+3 physical release and FE4 remake
October: A new Mario Party and A new Wave Race
November: Metroid Prime 4
December:
January: Pokémon Legends Z-A
February: A new Rhythm Paradise
March: Next gen Switch console launching with a brand new 3D Mario game

Difficult to try and pick out what smaller series they could bring back in some form like they've done with Another Code and Endless Ocean already this year. Rhythm Paradise seems like the mostly likely pick but we're in prime surprise era for the generation. Wave Race also got mentioned a few years back so maybe that has a chance
It's also hard to say what they might hold back for the next gen Switch exclusives. Like we won't have a 3D Zelda on there for a while so maybe they hold back a 2D one or WW/TP HD for that console instead?
Also lost faith in F-Zero GX happening after seeing Nate clarifying what he had heard regarding F-Zero

For anyone who doesn’t remember the most amazing morning in Famiboards history (ignore the preview text):

Yes I keep this bookmarked.

Can't decide how I feel about Metroid Prime 2 + 3 Hagi ports. On the one hand, Echoes especially I'd play immediately if it were on Switch. On the other hand, MPR set such a high bar that part of me would be happy to wait for outsourced remasters.

You're good, I too want my memory of Mr.Bones to be about you and not the guy who got banned.

Here's my wildcard prediction for the June direct:

F-Zero 99 v2.0

The F-Zero 99 v2.0 update will be a huge content update and will be presented similarly to the Tetris 99 v2.0 update which was also a Nintendo Direct announcement.
  • They will add the Satellaview tracks and machines, with the tracks being playable in Classic mode and also have Mirror mode counterparts. The machines will be able to be used everywhere.​
  • Remix tracks will also be added, they will consist of theme and track design mashups like the currently existing ??? tracks, but expanded into a full separate set of 15 tracks in Remix Knight, Queen, and King Leagues.​
  • The datamined Arcade and Survival modes will be added to the game via mode rotation.​
    • Arcade mode involves the racers going through time gates to add additional time to the clock, when time runs out, you're eliminated.​
    • Survival mode seems to be some kind of destruction derby? It currently has a basic plane as a placeholder arena of sorts so maybe racers purely duke it out for the last man standing?​
  • The new easier Satellaview and Remix tracks will appear in standard F-Zero 99 rotation, the harder ones will appear in the Pro Tracks rotation, they will also appear in their respective Grand Prix rotations and also appear in Mini Prix too. Arcade mode Mini Prix will also be added (like how Classic mode Mini Prix exists).​
  • Splitscreen multiplayer will also be added with up to 2 players on a single system.​
  • Starting a private lobby then opening it up to become a full public lobby will also be added.​
This will be a shadow-dropped update.

Last edited:

F-Zero 99 v2.0

The F-Zero 99 v2.0 update will be a huge content update and will be presented similarly to the Tetris 99 v2.0 update which was also a Nintendo Direct announcement.
  • They will add the Satellaview tracks and machines, with the tracks being playable in Classic mode and also have Mirror mode counterparts. The machines will be able to be used everywhere.​
  • Remix tracks will also be added, they will consist of theme and track design mashups like the currently existing ??? tracks, but expanded into a full separate set of 15 tracks in Remix Knight, Queen, and King Leagues.​
  • The datamined Arcade and Survival modes will be added to the game via mode rotation.​
    • Arcade mode involves the racers going through time gates to add additional time to the clock, when time runs out, you're eliminated.​
    • Survival mode seems to be some kind of destruction derby? It currently has a basic plane as a placeholder arena of sorts so maybe racers purely duke it out for the last man standing?​
  • The new easier Satellaview and Remix tracks will appear in standard F-Zero 99 rotation, the harder ones will appear in the Pro Tracks rotation, they will also appear in their respective Grand Prix rotations and also appear in Mini Prix too. Arcade mode Mini Prix will also be added (like how Classic mode Mini Prix exists).​
  • Splitscreen multiplayer will also be added with up to 2 players on a single system.​
  • Starting a private lobby then opening it up to become a full public lobby will also be added.​
I would love that and not to forget the best part: physical release!

F-Zero 99 v2.0

I heartily endorse this prediction.

2H24 predictions

June: NWC NES
July: Elite Beat Agents: Legendary Squad
August: 3-4 Switch y’all
September: Wario Warriors
October: Metroid: Samus Returns HD
November: Pokken Tournament Reloaded
December: Metroid Prime 4

Struggling to square "more re-releases incoming" with "MisterSpo wills us all into the reality where new 2D Zelda is the November game".

Hm. This is going to require a lot of coffee.
Yes, please. Coffee this up. You got this! Can you please throw in some "reality where we get a new Donkey Kong platformer" too? 😄

Can't decide how I feel about Metroid Prime 2 + 3 Hagi ports. On the one hand, Echoes especially I'd play immediately if it were on Switch. On the other hand, MPR set such a high bar that part of me would be happy to wait for outsourced remasters.
Yeah it would be much better to make them proper remasters and save them for a Metroid-less year. If it's really so important to push a previous prime game just remind everyone that MPR exists and you can play it right now!

Back
Top Bottom