• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two economists are on a walk in the park. As they're walking, they come across a pile of dog shit. One economist says to the other, "If you eat that dog shit, I'll give you $50". The second economist thinks for a minute, then reaches down, picks up the shit, and eats it. The first economist gives him a $50 bill and they keep going on their walk.

A few minutes later, they come across another pile of dog shit. This time, the second economist says to the first, "Hey, if you eat that, I'll give you $50." So, of course, the first economist picks up the shit, eats it, and gets $50.

Walking a little while farther, the first economist looks at the second and says, "You know, I gave you $50 to eat dog shit, then you gave me back the same $50 to eat dog shit. I can't help but feel like we both just ate dog shit for nothing."

"That's not true", responded the second economist. "We greenlit a new Mario vs. Donkey Kong."

Honestly the best way to do any kind of racing battle royale would be what Chocobo GP did. For those unaware, Chocobo GP puts 64 racers into eight 8 player racer with the top 4 advancing to the next round. This repeats till only 8 remain, and then the winner of that final race is the overall winner.

After a certain point putting so many human racers on the track at the same time just becomes chaos. ~30 is probably the most you'd ever want to do. The more I think about it, as cool of an idea as 99 player death race sounds, it'd probably just turn into a massive cluster until more then half the players were eliminated. Maybe if it was Twisted Metal 99 and you have a massive map to drive around it'd be one thing, but unless they're about to add weapons to F-Zero, 99 players ramming each other just sounds like a mess.

So to respond to @Raccoon , I've come around and think regardless of art style, F-Zero 99 will be 99 racers in instanced races where every lap the slowest 10-20 are eliminated or something to that effect.

After a certain point putting so many human racers on the track at the same time just becomes chaos. ~30 is probably the most you'd ever want to do. The more I think about it, as cool of an idea as 99 player death race sounds, it'd probably just turn into a massive cluster until more then half the players were eliminated. Maybe if it was Twisted Metal 99 and you have a massive map to drive around it'd be one thing, but unless they're about to add weapons to F-Zero 99 players ramming each other just sounds like a mess.
yeah, it'd basically be 1000km/h fall guys

to me though that sounds dope

Damn, looks like I missed the XC ranking but I'll post mine anyway:

XC2>XC3>XC

I'm not including Torna, FC, or FR in my list because in my opinion they are too connected to their main games to be separate. In Torna we learn of the events that led to Jin's fall from grace and Pyra's creation; FC has the various people of the XC world uniting under Melia's rule and shows the beginning signs of the worlds of XC and XC2 bring drawn together; and finally in FR we learn more about the City's founders, get more info on the creation of Origin, and get confirmation that the worlds fully merge in the end which wasn't very clear for many people judging from reactions to XC3s ending.

Personally I can't wait to see how Monolithsoft continues the story in XC4.

For me the only reason it doesn't sound dope is I find the original F-Zero kinda bland to play mostly due to the tracks. Imo F-Zero really shines when you have tracks with elevation, half pipes, tubes, etc. I personally feel SNES F-Zero's tracks don't have enough variety to keep a 99 formula interesting for long, kind of a similar problem Pac Man 99 did.

With MVSDK Rumors floating around, does this mean that "EDP DK Game" is still in development, or was all of that just a load of crap? I really hope that its still a real project, and Nintendo is just holding off to release it till the Switch 2 rolls around.
Personally, I do think it's still in development because of the theme park. One thing that I feel that some people may not understand is that by having a Universal Donkey Kong Country theme park, you pretty much have to make that series relevant with the characters and theming. If there ends up not being any DKC games going forward for example, the visitors will either go to the park and be confused on why there hasn't been a new game in over a decade or more, or the people will not care about the theme park due to it being based on a "dead" series and will not go there. If one of these things will happen, the DKC section would just be closed down and probably replaced by Hyrule Land or something to that nature.

For me the only reason it doesn't sound dope is I find the original F-Zero kinda bland to play mostly due to the tracks. Imo F-Zero really shines when you have tracks with elevation, half pipes, tubes, etc. I personally feel SNES F-Zero's tracks don't have enough variety to keep a 99 formula interesting for long, kind of a similar problem Pac Man 99 did.
I love the original f-zero so I'd be happy with it

just comes down to what you like I guess, as always with this stuff

With MVSDK Rumors floating around, does this mean that "EDP DK Game" is still in development, or was all of that just a load of crap? I really hope that its still a real project, and Nintendo is just holding off to release it till the Switch 2 rolls around.
It’s real, but Nintendo isn’t announcing it. We can have all kinds of spinoffs and mainlines in development at the same time.

We keep thinking "EPD DK GAME" but what if it were actually a K. Rool game? Like, they saw all the requests for K. Rool in Smash and went "Hey, there's a market here" and decided to give the fat croc his very own game.

Well, PERSONALLY I think that'd be cool.

tfw lurker mr.bones sees flagrant sexism from member mrbones

happy-dancing.gif

So to respond to @Raccoon , I've come around and think regardless of art style, F-Zero 99 will be 99 racers in instanced races where every lap the slowest 10-20 are eliminated or something to that effect.
This is what I'd expect Nintendo to do

This is what I'd want Nintendo to do

I think it depends on what this hypothetical MvsDK game actually looks like.

If it's something really big and ambitious, like something that's just using the Mario vs Donkey Kong name but is in execution a complete reimagining of what series is, then I'd lean towards this being the 2D game EPD 8 was hiring for. I kinda doubt that's what this will be though.

If it's pretty clearly a smaller NST project, and especially if it's another eshop-only Lemmings-clone, then I think the dream of MonkEPD lives a little longer.

So, uhhhhh... what more do you think there is to show about Warioware Move It? I think that reveal we got in that last Direct pretty much spelled it out for me, what more would they show in this next one?

Two economists are on a walk in the park. As they're walking, they come across a pile of dog shit. One economist says to the other, "If you eat that dog shit, I'll give you $50". The second economist thinks for a minute, then reaches down, picks up the shit, and eats it. The first economist gives him a $50 bill and they keep going on their walk.

A few minutes later, they come across another pile of dog shit. This time, the second economist says to the first, "Hey, if you eat that, I'll give you $50." So, of course, the first economist picks up the shit, eats it, and gets $50.

Walking a little while farther, the first economist looks at the second and says, "You know, I gave you $50 to eat dog shit, then you gave me back the same $50 to eat dog shit. I can't help but feel like we both just ate dog shit for nothing."

"That's not true", responded the second economist. "We greenlit a new Mario vs. Donkey Kong."

I love good stories like these.

I'm shocked the series sold better as it went on. I've never heard anyone talk about Mini Mayhem (I remember 2 getting some attention as the first Mini game, but then when 3 was also a Mini game it felt like fewer folks cared).
Mini-Land Mayhem was the only one I had heard of at all as a kid. Eventually found out there was a predecessor as well as the DSi game, but it took me years to learn about the GB and GBA games' existence at all.

Yes, it is I- the Mr.Bones who was banned. Totally not some goober from Twitter who wanted to join the forums this morning. Now I'm curious to hear what the other guy did lmao-
Last thing I saw him post was some "Women are actually more irrational and emotional" type stuff. Some Jordan Peterson tier stuff to defend how kinda sexist Super Princess Peach is.

Damn, looks like I missed the XC ranking but I'll post mine anyway:

XC2>XC3>XC

I'm not including Torna, FC, or FR in my list because in my opinion they are too connected to their main games to be separate. In Torna we learn of the events that led to Jin's fall from grace and Pyra's creation; FC has the various people of the XC world uniting under Melia's rule and shows the beginning signs of the worlds of XC and XC2 bring drawn together; and finally in FR we learn more about the City's founders, get more info on the creation of Origin, and get confirmation that the worlds fully merge in the end which wasn't very clear for many people judging from reactions to XC3s ending.

Personally I can't wait to see how Monolithsoft continues the story in XC4.

Wait. You forgot to rank the best Xenoblade game.

I don't know what's funnier, someone being dumb enough to create an alt with the exact same name, or someone randomly joining a forum right after a notorious user with the same name got banned
It must be my lucky day. Should I just change my name? Idk want to get unwarranted hate bc I share a name with a banned user.

Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Princess Peach. This has the potential to be the worst Direct of all time. We are in need of salvation. Fellow faithful, let us join hands together and pray so that the Trinity may yet change fate. In the name of

The Goddess
Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Goddess-Statue.jpg

The Conduit
xenoblade_chronicles___conduit_by_louivi_dcs481u-fullview.jpg

And the Divine Dragon
anyone-else-disappointed-we-got-to-see-so-little-of-the-v0-cdnt8sr8amka1.jpg

We ask that you might yet save this Direct and deliver us some quality videogames that adventures of at least 50 hours or more to complete with lots of menus and equipment screens. We ask that you send your disciples, Asano, Final Fantasy Tactics, and more. The banished ones seek to return and we need your guiding lights. It was you that brought forth this Golden Age in 2017 and we pray once more that this age be everlasting.

May, 2025. The new Mr. Bones has fully assimilated into the community, having successfully denied any connection to the prior Mr. Bones. A thread has been made to speculate on the first E3 of Nintendo Switch 2, and members are discussing the much-rumored new Animal Crossing.

@Derachi:
Golly, I can't wait for the new Animal Crossing! This is how I talk!

@Raccoon:
It's going to fucking suck ass. I am going to eat my own shit on camera when it comes out because 18 months from now I'm still a child.

@Dardan Sandiego:
lmao

@MaitreWakou:
Raccoon, grow the fuck up. It's gonna be good, everyone's gonna like it, and Kyogoku is going to do a good job as solo producer.

Mr.Bones:
Well, to be fair, bitches do be crazy.

Everyone:
giphy.gif

Just saw a bunch of Donkey Kong Country fans gettin in a DeLorean to go back to 2013 to apologize to angry edgelord Metroid fans

But ya'll they had their movie trivia wrong and just Thelma & Louised it right off a cliff!

They are still frozen in freeze frame while the credits roll

lord I don't know how they are gonna get them down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom