• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

My guess for Direct timing is either Week 2 or Week 3 of April. They are going to want some space after the Partner Showcase, but it should be ahead of Endless Ocean to get another trailer in there and have room to breathe if a shadowdrop is at the show. Maybe Indie World is this week if one is happening soon.

We should get a new DK game every gen. Nintendo shouldn’t need a theme park to make a new DK game. But in this instance it looks like they’ve lined the new game up with the theme park
Knowing everything we do about the new DK game, including the gap of time from when Tropical Freeze was released, rumors about when the Vicarious Visions project was scrapped, rumors about when the new DK was supposed to have launched, the date that EPD 8 started hiring for a new 2D game, all of it suggests that the EPD game is finished and has been for a while

The only question is why

Basically the way I see it, it’s being positioned around either one of the new DK areas, the one opening in Japan and the American one in the new Universal park

So I think it’s basically a 50% chance it releases this year and a 50% chance it releases next year

Maybe due to the Switch 2 being pushed back the chance for this year has increased

Also this year is the 30th anniversary of Donkey Kong Country so maybe that will work in our favor

I’ve been thinking about Endless Ocean a good deal since I’m 50/50 on getting it having never played the prior games, but one thing I’ve been thinking about in relation to this thread as a Direct speculator is what is the next trailer for that game to sell people on it. I keep coming back to something silly like “Blue Whale Reveal Trailer!” and obviously it won’t be that lol. I think the next trailer will be at the next Direct at this point, but I’m curious what they’ll show.

I’ve been thinking about Endless Ocean a good deal since I’m 50/50 on getting it having never played the prior games, but one thing I’ve been thinking about in relation to this thread as a Direct speculator is what is the next trailer for that game to sell people on it. I keep coming back to something silly like “Blue Whale Reveal Trailer!” and obviously it won’t be that lol. I think the next trailer will be at the next Direct at this point, but I’m curious what they’ll show.
At a guess, I think it'd make sense for the next trailer to be a bit more goals/story-focused. Like, I don't know how much narrative I'm really expecting from this game, but I think they'll wanna give people a bit more direction or purpose than just "vibing underwater with 29 of your closest friends"

Keep in mind it's also been nearly three weeks since TTYD and LM2 HD got their release dates revealed... with no new trailers to go along with the announcements. And while TTYD HD has gotten a new trailer since then, it's literally just the opening cutscene with nothing new shown about the game itself. So unless Nintendo just happens to be marketing these games really weirdly, it'd make sense for the next "real" trailers for these games (that probably go into more detail about any new additions or changes) to be present in a Direct... and given TTYD HD releases in May, said Direct would make sense for April... imo.

And that's not even getting into the fact that we know nothing past June. Nintendo's gotta reveal 2H games eventually, likely including a July game, so an April Direct makes sense for that too.

fire-emblem.jpg

At a guess, I think it'd make sense for the next trailer to be a bit more goals/story-focused. Like, I don't know how much narrative I'm really expecting from this game, but I think they'll wanna give people a bit more direction or purpose than just "vibing underwater with 29 of your closest friends"
I think at least one of the prior games had some sort of story component so that’s probably a good guess. They probably want something to help explain / point you towards the mystical / dinosaur fish in this game.

Nah the Switch 2 reveal is tomorrow but only when you are asleep and then it will be deleted from the internet by the time you wake up. ;)
Considering my timezone that's not exactly impossible 😅

Btw, when will your Sonic smile again?
When it is announced.

did you remember to opt in to drone deliveries in that email Nintendo sent?

I got a box with a Direct presentation Switch cartridge in the mail a couple days ago but it's blocking me from watching it, it says I need the free DLC that comes out tomorrow afternoon so March is technically dead
Sounds like an IRL lootbox or somethin

No, it needs to be another Intelligent Systems title. The Toad child needs to evangelize about Codename STEAM.

It would be very complicated indeed, and therefore much more unlikely than a remaster of Starfox Assult, I agree. But I'd find it great, because the game deserves it.

I really like Assault too, though, and I'd be very happy if we had a remaster. However, I think it would need some modernization and substantial content additions for it to really reinvigorate the public's interest in Starfox, a bit like Mercury Steam was able to put Metroid back on the map.

Yeah, it's part of the reason that I think revisiting Assault at all would require more than a simple face-lift. The GC game's campaign was put together with some duct tape as they repurposed the MP maps for singleplayer missions, and it shows.

Not to mention that I'm sure Nintendo would probably prefer to do a re-dub with their current Star Fox cast.

Note to all my fellow Direct speculators:

Please keep an eye on your calendar as you search through the news pipeline today

Went to the hospital around midnight and the doctor found a kidney stone, so at least I won't be seeing any worse April Fool's jokes this year!
Wait did they find a kidney stone or did they just tell you they found a kidney stone?

thanks for the heads up, my calendar says it is now April so that must mean anything I see today is very likely to be true since the Direct is this month
Reminder that internet was created to allow quick spread of information and instant communication. Therefore everything you read is always true and there's no reason anyone would lie or write fake news.

Not sure about the direct showcase, but I'm assuming they will show a little bit of everything you can do in the overview trailer. They should certainly clarify the "changes with each dive" thing and show off a little of the single player content. The second game was really stuffed of things to do, I hope this is no exception.

Reminder that internet was created to allow quick spread of information and instant communication. Therefore everything you read is always true and there's no reason anyone would lie or write fake news.
And if some people leak different games for the direct, just combine them all and you’ll get the whole picture.

Guyz so I'm not sure if this has already been posted but I've seen a lot of posts online about this direct leak with pc files and I dunno but it seemz very reliable? I totally buy it haha /s.

Weekly Direct Question #4
Let’s have some fun with this question in honor of April Fools Day…

Nintendo sends you a complete and 100% legitimate transcript of the next Nintendo Direct and says you can share it however you please, but only today. How do you convince us that it is the real deal?

Nintendo sends you a complete and 100% legitimate transcript of the next Nintendo Direct and says you can share it however you please, but only today. How do you convince us that it is the real deal?
In this hypothetical scenario, I’d get to talk about at length the coolest stuff like three people would care about and that’s how you know I spoke the truth. “Yeah new Fire Emblem is cool and all, but yooo new Fortune Street!” for example lol.

I think y'all would know I wouldn't joke about Metroid. TTP

I wouldn’t bother trying to convince people. I would make a “prediction” using the info Nintendo gave me, then come back to my “predictions” and boast about how I have Nintendo speculation down to a science. But if I was to try and convince people? I think I would make my post without any jokes, hyperbole, or sarcastic humor, usual mainstays of my predictions

In this hypothetical scenario, I’d get to talk about at length the coolest stuff like three people would care about and that’s how you know I spoke the truth. “Yeah new Fire Emblem is cool and all, but yooo new Fortune Street!” for example lol.

plus the Square Enix remake of Moon Ball Magic

I don't think it's a remaster of KIU. Uprising made specifically for precise stylus controls and Sakurai devised a genius difficulty system with stylus controls in mind. For it to have a Switch version, controls need to be revamped altogether, to the point it becomes a brand new game. Plus, I seriously doubt Namco touches the game without Sakurai's involvement and he's likely to have moved on to next Smash game.
I disagree here. SFA was met with mixed reviews at the time of release in 2005. I can only imagine it would review worse now. SF hasn't had an original game that reviewed well since SF 64. Releasing a remake of a middling game after the disaster that was SF Zero or even the also average SF Command would not be the best way to jump start a series. IMO, Starfox needs a new entry to reinvigorate the series, not a remake of an average game that probably no one has nostalgia for anyway.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, on the other hand, reviewed much better with most criticism being about the awkward control scheme. A remaster of the game with a more traditional control scheme would remedy this problem and could potentially elevate the game even higher than the original release. IMO, it definitely has more sales potential than a remake of SFA. Sakurai has even stated that he would like to see a remaster of KI: Uprising and he works with Bandai Namco's Studio S so KI: Uprising makes more sense to me. We'll see, though.

tbh, I'd probably just do the leak equivalent of insider trading. Make some bets with friends and internet randos about any of the more "out-there" bits and then just reap the benefits later

Either that or make a new twitter/bluesky account and become the next Pyoro for a hot minute just to see what that's like

I expect the 18th or 25th at present. Partially because of the timing around luminous.

I'd make a folder for each game on my computer, take a blurry photo of the screen, then upload that photo to imgur and post it on reddit and twitter then wait for someone with a day-old account to post it here.

No consequences

I'd just post it like

"This is my guess for the next direct"

A
B
C
D
E

Put the games in alphabetical order, see if anyone remembers that post after the fact.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, on the other hand, reviewed much better with most criticism being about the awkward control scheme. A remaster of the game with a more traditional control scheme would remedy this problem and could potentially elevate the game even higher than the original release. IMO, it definitely has more sales potential than a remake of SFA. Sakurai has even stated that he would like to see a remaster of KI: Uprising and he works with Bandai Namco's Studio S so KI: Uprising makes more sense to me. We'll see, though.
In my opinion the key question about Kid Icarus Uprising is to what extent it is possible to remap the controls and how much work it would take.

For me the model to follow is really Skyward Sword HD, which even though it doesn’t deliver a perfect experience, really managed to be viable despite the fact that it was designed entirely around a specific controller originally. As I said in this discussion, I would love to. And the game really deserves to be discovered by as many people as possible. And to be literally more accessible too. The question is really whether Sakurai would be able to settle for overseeing such a project and not get involved at 1000% as usual, which I doubt a little.

Back
Top Bottom