• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

I’m hopeful for an April Direct. It’s always fun to see what’s in the pipeline.

With that being said, with TTYD and Monkey Ball releasing so close to each other, I’m already set for the summer. 😂 Two of my most-wanted games of all time? Yes please and thank you.

I just watched this video and found it pretty reasonable (despite the percentages given seeming quite arbitrary).

Maybe this can help with all the boredom ITT.

i wish his videos didn't feel like a run-on paragraph because there is great insight here. just let some topics breathe a little bit more.

Watching the video I started thinking maybe we could get a Mario Golf Toadstool Tour remaster this year. No new Mario sports game from Camelot until next gen, but maybe squeeze in a remaster of an old sports game.

I just realized that GDC has come and gone without any leaks, or new rumors regarding the succs.

that's sad.
Has it been ten days already? It's the duration between that other con that happened and the time it took to get "leaks"

----------

Re: Wii U games - I feel like any Wii U remasters will be multi gen. We'll get them for both Switch 1 and 2, with some graphical and performances differences.

I think we have to get another direct just solely for the switch before the successor is revealed as people would get disappointed that this game isn't for the successor

When are we expecting this April direct, early or late into the month

Personally, I'm going with mid-later, assuming we do end up getting one. 17, 18, 24, or 25. Also, obligatory "watch out for fake leaks the next several hours" post here given April Fool's Day!

So this episode could be about the pending fan questions they have
Maybe some of these questions are rumor related, like ,, Nate, which game can we expect to be on the Switch 2''.

But i think this podcast we'll hear more from software. Maybe hear some news relating for the second half of the year for Nintendo.

When are we expecting this April direct, early or late into the month
Early, I say.

Cinemacon is April 8-11. Assuming the time is coming to talk a bit more about the Mario movie sequel, or any other spinoffs, I'm assuming Nintendo will want to go first, and then Universal can have their turn sometime during Cinemacon.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if the Direct was in the same week.

Not necessarily

He didn’t post stuff about the direct last June until the day before
I understand. And this keeps getting brought up. That’s when he was first starting off. He took off with publicity after that. Since then his fame has grown and now he leaks earlier due to the attention he receives.

I'll drop the next weekly question tomorrow, it feels better than dropping it at the end of the month.

I remember Nate saying in a recent post here that insiders only get actual confirmation of a direct or event happening about a week before its scheduled air date. I wish they would actually adopt this time frame to leak stuff, instead of being like "Word is a nintendo direct will happen in three freaking months but nothing's suuuUUUuuure".

What’s really weird is Nintendo has not released a New Donkey Kong, punch out, kid icarus, star fox, wave race etc on switch? With such a massive install base they could have capitalized on switch momentum for these franchises! or maybe some of these will show up in an upcoming direct…

What’s really weird is Nintendo has not released a New Donkey Kong, punch out, kid icarus, star fox, wave race etc on switch? With such a massive install base they could have capitalized on switch momentum for these franchises! or maybe some of these will show up in an upcoming direct…

I imagine they'd like to, but there's only so many developers. However, apparently there's a rumor floating around that Bandai Namco might be remastering KI: Uprising and EPD4 is working on Star Fox. There's also that rumor about EPD Tokyo working on Donkey Kong, but I'm not sure how valid that one is

People are getting visibly nervous and I'm over here just wanting the DQ3 remake.

I keep forgetting about this game. I wonder what happened to it? I'm definitely interested in it for sure. Actually I really want to see the older 3D Dragon Quest games get re-released onto modern consoles so that I can play them all. I never played any of them only to find out that Dragon Quest: XI: S would become one of my favorite games of all time. Give me some more Dragon Quest goodness!!!

That rumored Namco Nintendo remake has got to be the Assault remake and I think it has better chances now after more joint ventures between Namco and Nintendo. If it's indeed Assault remake, Nintendo might consider giving the IP to Namco after that. Namco has teams know how to do proper dogfight.

Punch-Out is way too arcadey for today's climate (ARMS is a fine successor to that), Kid Icarus is waiting for Sakurai to have time for it and Wave race is... deader than dead. We just got a Donkey Kong game, it's alive and well and there will be more of it if Nintendo finds better and more studios to give DK to.

That rumored Namco Nintendo remake has got to be the Assault remake and I think it has better chances now after more joint ventures between Namco and Nintendo. If it's indeed Assault remake, Nintendo might consider giving the IP to Namco after that. Namco has teams know how to do proper dogfight.

Punch-Out is way too arcadey for today's climate (ARMS is a fine successor to that), Kid Icarus is waiting for Sakurai to have time for it and Wave race is... deader than dead. We just got a Donkey Kong game, it's alive and well and there will be more of it if Nintendo finds better and more studios to give DK to.
This remaster by Bamco "commissioned by Nintendo" is really one of the speculations I'm most interested in and excited about. It would be terrible if it actually meant Baten Kaitos HD, which means we'd get neither Starfox Assault HD nor Kid Icarus Uprising HD. Funnily enough, Sakurai's idea for KIU was originally a Starfox project.

The success of the Switch is a unique opportunity to give KIU a second life, an opportunity that may never come again knowing that a sequel would be even more imporbable than a remaster supervised by Sakurai and developed by Studio S.

However, I too think that a remaster of Assault would be a more likely hypothesis.

Is it really that surprising besides Donkey Kong?

Not surprising but could have potentially rejuvenated these franchises and breathed some life into them again. i only ever played Star Tropics on the virtual console and would love a modern remake of that game, lost in the Nintendo vault. It would be awesome to get some more variety in the Nintendo lineup, rather than the usual suspects.

This remaster by Bamco "commissioned by Nintendo" is really one of the speculations I'm most interested in and excited about. It would be terrible if it actually meant Baten Kaitos HD, which means we'd get neither Starfox Assault HD nor Kid Icarus Uprising HD. Funnily enough, Sakurai's idea for KIU was originally a Starfox project.

The success of the Switch is a unique opportunity to give KIU a second life, an opportunity that may never come again knowing that a sequel would be even more imporbable than a remaster supervised by Sakurai and developed by Studio S.

However, I too think that a remaster of Assault would be a more likely hypothesis.
I don't think it's a remaster of KIU. Uprising made specifically for precise stylus controls and Sakurai devised a genius difficulty system with stylus controls in mind. For it to have a Switch version, controls need to be revamped altogether, to the point it becomes a brand new game. Plus, I seriously doubt Namco touches the game without Sakurai's involvement and he's likely to have moved on to next Smash game.

Star Fox Assault was made by Namco in the first place, a remake by Namco makes a lot of sense.
Not surprising but could have potentially rejuvenated these franchises and breathed some life into them again. i only ever played Star Tropics on the virtual console and would love a modern remake of that game, lost in the Nintendo vault. It would be awesome to get some more variety in the Nintendo lineup, rather than the usual suspects.
They can always create new IP's to boost diversity. 3DS had tons of them: Pushmo, Dillon, Ever Oasis, Steel Diver... Switch really came short in terms of first party diversity and new IP's but I'm hopeful that Nintendo will fix this wrong with the successor.

I don't think it's a remaster of KIU. Uprising made specifically for precise stylus controls and Sakurai devised a genius difficulty system with stylus controls in mind. For it to have a Switch version, controls need to be revamped altogether, to the point it becomes a brand new game. Plus, I seriously doubt Namco touches the game without Sakurai's involvement and he's likely to have moved on to next Smash game.
It would be very complicated indeed, and therefore much more unlikely than a remaster of Starfox Assult, I agree. But I'd find it great, because the game deserves it.

I really like Assault too, though, and I'd be very happy if we had a remaster. However, I think it would need some modernization and substantial content additions for it to really reinvigorate the public's interest in Starfox, a bit like Mercury Steam was able to put Metroid back on the map.

They can always create new IP's to boost diversity. 3DS had tons of them: Pushmo, Dillon, Ever Oasis, Steel Diver... Switch really came short in terms of first party diversity and new IP's but I'm hopeful that Nintendo will fix this wrong with the successor.
Variety is the spice of life! However from a business point of view they will go with what sells the most.
I'm pretty sure that I was feeling confident last year that it would be at TGS at the latest. I guess I'll just repeat the prediction for 2024 or assume it's now a cross-gen Switch 2 launch title.

I’m starting to think the same, they held back the game for the Successor launch! I thought for sure i would be playing it soon.

This is a weird take, but:
  • I think we should expect games of IPs present in Super Nintendo World.
With Donkey Kong having a presence in Nintendo World, we should get a game. Dunno if an entirely new 2D or 3D game, or a remake, or remaster, but we'll get one.

With Donkey Kong having a presence in Nintendo World, we should get a game. Dunno if an entirely new 2D or 3D game, or a remake, or remaster, but we'll get one.

Not having a fully fledged NEW Donkey Kong adventure is the biggest WTF!

I completely feel this sentiment, but it's tough selling this idea when we're in a year with remakes for Another Code, a new installment in Endless Ocean, and a new Peach game

Good point I had forgotten about these games because they don’t appeal to me. Just being greedy and want the franchises to show that i have interest in lol !

200w.gif

We should get a new DK game every gen. Nintendo shouldn’t need a theme park to make a new DK game. But in this instance it looks like they’ve lined the new game up with the theme park

Back
Top Bottom