• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

On April 1st, Nintendo will shadowdrop Metroid Prime 2 and 3 on the Eshop with absolutely zero fanfare.

Everyone who discovers it on their own will post about it online, only to have half the people who hear them just dismiss it as a joke.

On April 1st, Nintendo will shadowdrop Metroid Prime 2 and 3 on the Eshop with absolutely zero fanfare.

Everyone who discovers it on their own will post about it online, only to have half the people who hear them just dismiss it as a joke.
You mean......Zero Mission fanfare?

Is there any

mortal-kombat-mortal-kombat-1.gif

???

i’m wondering what games they can show for an upcoming direct?
36052e.jpg

Nah seriously, I don't see any major releases outside of Ports, remasters and like... maybe Metroid Prime 4 if it's completely disconnected from the Switch 2 launch window.
It's kind of a strange situation. If there's an April direct, I imagine it's going to be a 30 minute direct of light announcements. If it's a June direct, it'll likely be after the Switch 2 reveal and soft-announcing some Switch 2 titles in addition to Switch 1 ports and remasters. Praying it's something at all though.

Me: Darn, no one (game publishers) wants to talk about new games this year. The next three months look slim and July onwards is a wasteland. Looking like a boring year for games.

Also me: juggling five new 2024 games right now

Granted those are two separate topics, but still the contrast is weird lol

Me: Darn, no one (game publishers) wants to talk about new games this year. The next three months look slim and July onwards is a wasteland. Looking like a boring year for games.

I still have yet to dive into Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. I'm absolutely excited to do so but we got a lot going on here right now and I haven't had the chance to put the time into it I will want to put in. It's basically like a 100 hour JRPG. Excited though. :)

I still have yet to dive into Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. I'm absolutely excited to do so but we got a lot going on here right now and I haven't had the chance to put the time into it I will want to put in. It's basically like a 100 hour JRPG. Excited though. :)
Rebirth is absolutely fantastic. Sunk 94 hours into it and definitely had more to do if I wanted. Easily my favorite game of the year so far.

Rebirth is absolutely fantastic. Sunk 94 hours into it and definitely had more to do if I wanted. Easily my favorite game of the year so far.

Oh that's awesome. I loved the first game. Sadly enough it was my first experience with the Final Fantasy franchise as I missed out over the years (I'm kind of a new huge JRPG fan) and went onto play Final Fantasy XVI and other JRPGs and of course Rebirth always looked absolutely epic. My friend is playing it right now and singing it's praises. Can't wait to dive in!

But you, my Fami, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt. As night falling winter has come without a star. Here you will dwell, bound to you grief, under the fading trees, until all the world has changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent.

It's such a weird juxtaposition where I both feel like H1 2024 was stacked and I'm completely booked through July, while also feeling like we know less about H2 2024 than almost any other year I can remember and I have no idea what the holiday game period is going to look like.

It's such a weird juxtaposition where I both feel like H1 2024 was stacked and I'm completely booked through July, while also feeling like we know less about H2 2024 than almost any other year I can remember and I have no idea what the holiday game period is going to look like.
What really got me thinking this was when I noticed how few things I have written down for a new release calendar I keep that even have a generic 2024 release. If this just becomes "enjoy your backlog" year for bigger releases at least, I guess I'm personally ok with that, but I hope we have a couple big games we can all share and enjoy together.

At least on the Nintendo front I'm pretty hopeful guessing Metroid Prime 4, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem 4, and Zelda remasters for the back half of the year.

But you, my Fami, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt. As night falling winter has come without a star. Here you will dwell, bound to you grief, under the fading trees, until all the world has changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent.

Wise words from Elrond

The WiiU thread has made me want to see the remaining exclusives come back.

Aside from the two Zeldas (that would do for me)

It would be cool to get NES remix, and Xenoblade Chronicles X too

The WiiU thread has made me want to see the remaining exclusives come back.

Aside from the two Zeldas (that would do for me)

It would be cool to get NES remix, and Xenoblade Chronicles X too
I honestly think Xenoblade X isn't coming back until Switch 2. It can obviously run on Switch 1, that's not even a question, but I do think Monolith wants to update it with a Definitive Edition. There's a chance it might be back this year, Xenoblade has been a fairly frequently released series on Switch, but idk.

The Zelda Wii U remasters are likely going to fill the release schedule later this year. I honestly don't see them being delayed for Switch 2 for whatever reason.

Also NES remix would be an excellent shadowdrop and I don't understand why it hasn't been rereleased, they were excellent on Wii U.

Xenoblade chronicles x is the main reason why I regret never owning a Nintendo Wii U. So I’m looking forward to a definitive edition of the game like they did for xenoblade chronicles. I also think they are waiting for the release of the switch 2 , but I hope it will still be a crossgen game.

Among other Wii U games, I loved the Yoshi port on 3DS and I can imagine a late port since good feel has been busy with Peach and the next Yoshi game is probably not for now.

NES remix really looks like something that would make sense to offer in the premium version of NSO. And nothing prevents to bring out the games on the eshop.

We'd be expecting a general to be in the first 2 weeks of April right? Has Nintendo held a general in the last 2 weeks of the month anytime recently?

We'd be expecting a general to be in the first 2 weeks of April right? Has Nintendo held a general in the last 2 weeks of the month anytime recently?
That’s not a consistent thing anymore since they started general directs after 2020. Just last June they had it on the 21st

Also NES remix would be an excellent shadowdrop and I don't understand why it hasn't been rereleased, they were excellent on Wii U.
Indieszero has been tied up with other projects like Theatrhythm and Retro Game Challenge 1&2 remaster.

Especially now that the latter is out, it’s time for NES Remix to come back.

Back
Top Bottom