• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

While it’s a great game, and I’d love to play it in HD, if all the Donkey Kong smoke recently was a port of Returns, that’ll be a bit of a bummer.

I'm trying to decide if its inclusion makes this "leak" less credible or more credible. I mean, it's not like Nintendo releases much of anything for Donkey Kong these days that isn't NSO, a port, or directly connected to Mario...so it does fit the criteria.

But do we really have to have a 💩 Indie Direct Nintendo needs to start announcing games coming this year if Switch 2 is delayed still waiting for Zelda Wind Waker and Zelda Twilling Princess
Really? It’s not like indie games existing hurt the mainstream stuff, and seeing as the former is where a ton of creativity is, that seems awfully dismissive of a ton of games devs who work hard to make fresh ideas but aren’t in an AAA studio.

re: the fake leak from the closed thread...

Is "System Codename XII" supposed to be a new console?

VKuuADY.jpeg

Kih3tkM.jpeg
XII is short for “NXII“ (at least something else than NG). I despise fake leaks but I honor creativity so I‘m pretty neutral on this one.

Even as a huge DKC fan, I just do not care if they port Returns to Switch. It'd make sense if they do it, but I played through it again recently and man, like half of those levels kinda suck, especially the later ones. Just missing that flow of all the other games in it's level design.

Also they should just put an arachnophobia warning on that one level where you're getting chased by a giant swarm of not-cartoony spiders. How Retro Studios made a level more distressing than anything in their Metroid games is beyond me.

That Hocus Pocus Ubisoft Original logo has been floating around for a while and I think it's been confirmed fake

Kinda disappointing, because if that fake folder screenshot was real it'd be a pretty solid direct for me

i love how every fake leak is a slightly angled iphone camera pic of a computer screen in a dimly lit room that's slightly cropped off from the image. Every. Single. Time. And the fake game titles that are zoomed in, like c'mon. At least be more creative with it.

According to many posts I've been seeing online, the next Nintendo Direct may have leaked out. The linked images show folders on a PC that I assume are for the games that will appear during the direct. Alongside of that there is a logo for a new Ubisoft IP. Could this be real? The logo and the overall contents of this leak have me thinking it could be.

According to many posts I've been seeing online, the next Nintendo Direct may have leaked out. The linked images show folders on a PC that I assume are for the games that will appear during the direct. Alongside of that there is a logo for a new Ubisoft IP. Could this be real? The logo and the overall contents of this leak have me thinking it could be.

"Many posts" = literally just you. Why do you keep pushing this fake leak that you obviously made?

This logo is brand new though
It's definitely not. I saw someone post it on the GamingLeaksandRumors subreddit a while back, claiming it had been uploaded and then deleted from Ubisoft's Instagram.

The post was pretty quickly removed/deleted, because someone in the comments showed evidence that it had never been posted to Ubi's Instagram

"Many posts" = literally just you. Why do you keep pushing this fake leak that you obviously made?
I saw like 4 posts about this leak on Reddit and Twitter, also I wouldn't spend time making something like this, I just found it to be interesting and kinda nostalgic seeing leaks like this

It's definitely not. I saw someone post it on the GamingLeaksandRumors subreddit a while back, claiming it had been uploaded and then deleted from Ubisoft's Instagram.

The post was pretty quickly removed/deleted, because someone in the comments showed evidence that it had never been posted to Ubi's Instagram

I saw that when it was live. It wasn't this logo it was some obvious AI generated screenshot of a Splatoon looking shooter

I saw that when it was live. It wasn't this logo it was some obvious AI generated screenshot of a Splatoon looking shooter
I literally commented in that thread "The logo's giving me vaguely Yooka-Layle vibes" because of the green and purple logo with big googly-esque eyes.

I'm telling you, this isn't a new logo

You created an account on Famiboards and immediately posted this fake 'leak'.

You also created an account on Nintendolife and immediately posted this fake 'leak' with the exact same post text.

You also created an account on GBAtemp and, again, immediately posted this fake 'leak'.

This is your leak that you're trying to propagate around for attention.

If the next Nintendo Direct is really in April, what I would really like is an entire segment on Donkey Kong, with the park, then the announcement of a new game in 2025 and the announcement of Donkey Kong Country Returns to wait. But I’m a dreamer I know.

If they plan to make the switch 2 official soon, I also wonder if they will do it at their next financial meeting in May or just before, and in that case it can be something that opens or closes the next Nintendo Direct.

Oooh dang I forget their name, but who was the person who had an account on Fami and on Reddit, and was posting their own stuff back and forth calling their other account their "source?"

Even used their Reddit account to call their Fami account a "Famiboards insider" at one point 😅

Edit: Hidden04!! They were called Hidden04.
Anyway I'm getting big Hidden04 vibes. 😅

Last edited:
If the next Nintendo Direct is really in April, what I would really like is an entire segment on Donkey Kong, with the park, then the announcement of a new game in 2025 and the announcement of Donkey Kong Country Returns to wait. But I’m a dreamer I know.

I want to live in a world where this is real.

You created an account on Famiboards and immediately posted this fake 'leak'.

You also created an account on Nintendolife and immediately posted this fake 'leak' with the exact same post text.

You also created an account on GBAtemp and, again, immediately posted this fake 'leak'.

This is your leak that you're trying to propagate around for attention.
hmm.. the only other post I made on this was the one on Nintendolife. That other one wasn't me. Also I already stated that I didn't make this post as it would be stupid to fake something like this. It also isn't that I'm spreading this around just for no reason, I like speculation. Sorry, I'll refrain from posting about this leak if people see it as spam. I just hope it's real

hmm.. the only other post I made on this was the one on Nintendolife. That other one wasn't me. Also I already stated that I didn't make this post as it would be stupid to fake something like this.
So someone went on gbatemp and made a new account with the same name as yours and posted the same content?

I believe this leak

images

Anybody can make a bunch of empty folders on Windows and take a blurry photograph of a computer screen to somehow make it look more legit.

Anybody can make a bunch of empty folders on Windows and take a blurry photograph of a computer screen to somehow make it look more legit.
everyone can't just pop out a logo that easily though. That's why i'm still 50/50 on this until further notice.

That doesn’t answer my question. Indie directs existing doesn’t affect ‘mainline’ directs. So why shit on indies as if an indie direct is somehow responsible for the show you want not manifesting?
It doesn’t but I didn’t want Brazil to be right because he posted about Switch 2 was getting delayed and I really wanted it this year so I can’t blame Nintendo I can blame him for leaking it

It doesn’t but I didn’t want Brazil to be right because he posted about Switch 2 was getting delayed and I really wanted it this year so I can’t blame Nintendo I can blame him for leaking it
I… how does that lead to you shitting on indies? I’m struggling to connect the dots here

I wasn’t fast enough to make it into that now-locked Direct “Leak” thread so here, enjoy my fake leak

IMG-6175.jpg
All I'm saying is I'd be ecstatic for a new Captain Toad game so hopefully you manifested it with this post!!

Last edited:
wasn't the Hocus Focus logo literally a part of the fake Nintendo Focus leak from like last summer??

where's all the farming sims, mid third party ports or heck or the very specific RPG game, that only 3 people knows of.
At the end Nintendo direct are glorified Partner showcase, with 3-6 Nintendo games
65cfb072cca0a.webp

I’m no expert in what’s likely or whatever. But when a list is essentially ‘reasonable averaged guesses based on compiling what the community has been idly speculating about since last September’, it’s always fake as it’s just bait made to be spread by people going ‘hey I’ve been saying that would be cool!’. Funny that.
No fake leaker had the imagination to predict the return of F ZERO, Another Code and Endless Ocean in the last 2 Directs. Pyoro got all of them exactly right and that's how you know they've got legitimate information: their wild calls are correct.

I'm gonna get fired for posting this but eff it

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Yeah I was so hyped last year and I was counting down to new year in December because I thought it was coming this year

Can't blame you, dude. On your defense I'll say that leaks, in general, are a real mood and excitement killer. Surprise factor is mostly gone.

I thought Brazil said there was going to be a indie direct this month there is no way it’s happening because tomorrow is Good Friday a holiday so Brazil might be lying about Switch 2 delay
Stop crying. He said there might be. There was no guarantee for an indie presentation this month.

Hey, y’all. Stepping in since I’ve received some DMs and since I was the one to volunteer all of those dates over a month ago, even though I told myself I was out of the event date leak thing a couple of years back.

I was feeling good that week, shoot me.

Here’s the post from back then.

I haven’t talked to the IW source in a few weeks (reached out today, didn’t get a response yet), but as far as I’m aware, that presentation could still happen in the timeframe I was given.

The April Direct is still a go as of last week.

But please remember that the last Direct was delayed by a week the week of, and be kind to Pyoro, Necro, Nate and whoever else decides to volunteer any further info. From my end at least, things only really start materializing in a solid way a week before the planned date. Until then, it’s always up in the air - which is why I promise I won’t talk about event dates anymore after these go down, hahaha.
I am not sure if anyone has said this but thanks for initially reporting the possible timeline's that you heard for these events and then for this update related to them!! I know it causes a lot of stress so I, and I know everyone here, appreciates it a lot!! :)

Back
Top Bottom