• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

Probably best to keep it at a minimum since it involves a person who we don't want discussed here (because he's actively targeted this community and some users in it in the past)

But the gist of it seems to be:
  • Midori found out about a game that was being "considered" for development
  • told a friend before posting about it
  • that friend told a bad-internet-person-with-a-following, who then posted as a "leak" that the game was in development
  • as it gained traction Midori spoke up with a correction that it was only being considered
  • the "leaker" then trash-talked Midori, claiming the info as his own, and his followers supposedly went after her so badly that she decided to retire her account and stop posting.
Thanks for the info! 🙏🏾

Probably best to keep it at a minimum since it involves a person who we don't want discussed here (because he's actively targeted this community and some users in it in the past)

But the gist of it seems to be:
  • Midori found out about a game that was being "considered" for development
  • told a friend before posting about it
  • that friend told a bad-internet-person-with-a-following, who then posted as a "leak" that the game was in development
  • as it gained traction Midori spoke up with a correction that it was only being considered
  • the "leaker" then trash-talked Midori, claiming the info as his own, and his followers supposedly went after her so badly that she decided to retire her account and stop posting.
I'm surprised they even have defenders, usually I just see articles about their rumors and everyone laughing them off.

I’d assume no; that’s incredibly early for Switch 2, and it’d dominate their news cycle for the rest of the year regardless of what they release.

I’m guessing it’s gonna be very similar to how the Switch was handled in terms of scheduling: late fall reveal, winter showcase, spring release. Stack the “hardcore” releases earlier in 2024 (I.E. Metroid Prime 4 in early October, before the reveal) so that they get their fair share of news hype, and the “casual” stuff after. Sales and online hype for something like a new Mario Party isn’t going to be affected by Switch 2 news the same was games like FE4 or MP4 would, so save those releases for after the console reveal and ride those games through the holiday.

April direct details the year, with maybe a Partner Showcase or Indie World in the summer.
I’m not expecting a showcase in June, but I could see it being a teaser.

You’re probably right, though.

So Switch 2 and MH Wilds will both likely release in March.
Do you guys think this is just a coincidence, or will the game be part of the Switch 2 launch line up?

Given the rumors are the delay was a recent thing and so far Switch 2 planned for 2024, coincidence.

But it would help the system if it could launch with the newest MonHun game as a big third party game, so Nintendo should (or rather should've done so already for some time now) approach Capcom and make it happen, via support and whatever.

Do you guys think this is just a coincidence, or will the game be part of the Switch 2 launch line up?

"Zorah Magdaros will be back"

cover3.jpg

I’m actually on the opposite train, I don’t think they would release mh wilds at the launch of the switch 2 and the fact that it’s probably releasing in march screams of late port for switch 2 a year later to me.

It'll be a late port at best. I don't believe for a second a Switch 2 version will appear out of nowhere and I seriously doubt they're waiting for the console release to put the game out. It'll come out when it's ready for the platforms they announced the game for. And then maybe they'll work on a Switch 2 port, if it is feasible.

It'll be a late port at best. I don't believe for a second a Switch 2 version will appear out of nowhere and I seriously doubt they're waiting for the console release to put the game out. It'll come out when it's ready for the platforms they announced the game for. And then maybe they'll work on a Switch 2 port, if it is feasible.
Now that DD2 is problematic even on Steam Deck, I firmly believe this will be their Switch successor launch window game. I mean, whatever they have for it indeed will "appear out of nowhere". Other option is Street Fighter 6 but they'd definitely go for a day and date release rather than SF. Plus they'll most likely save SF6 for a complete with DLC version.

We have to see what MH Wilds looks like.

The RE Engine's first attempt at an open world saw it completely eat shit. I wouldn't be shocked if the AI routines and draw calls are super unoptimized because the RE Engine was designed for small environments, small FOVs, and few NPCs on screen.

We have to see what MH Wilds looks like.

The RE Engine's first attempt at an open world saw it completely eat shit. I wouldn't be shocked if the AI routines and draw calls are super unoptimized because the RE Engine was designed for small environments, small FOVs, and few NPCs on screen.

If players can "fix" the problem by ... killing NPCs ... then yes, that's a good sign for the game simply being unoptimized.

The Series S version of DD2 also just looks horrible with the RE Engine’s heavy memory bandwidth demands and the Series S not being able to do RTGI so we’ll see what approach MH Wilds takes to its visuals…

If players can "fix" the problem by ... killing NPCs ... then yes, that's a good sign for the game simply being unoptimized.

Yes, if players can fix the problem by removing core gameplay elements, that definitely points to poor optimization

?????????

Yes, if players can fix the problem by removing core gameplay elements, that definitely points to poor optimization

?????????

Yes.

If the amount of routines of NPCs cause the game to lag and suffer performance loss, and the "removal" of n-th amount of those routines end up "fixing" those problems, then there's your sign that your game's core is at the very least partially unoptimized.

On top, if there's fan-made mods for your game on day 1, fixing some of the issues your base game has, that's another big hint for the lack of optimization.

It's not that i say the game isn't CPU heavy, i say the game's suffering performance isn't due to it being CPU heavy.

I know you like to be the way you are, but this isn't some witchcraft here.

I’m sorry, but this doesn’t make sense. This is arguing that every game with demanding gameplay elements is unoptimized as the devs could simply remove those elements.

I thought Brazil said there was going to be a indie direct this month there is no way it’s happening because tomorrow is Good Friday a holiday so Brazil might be lying about Switch 2 delay
I don’t think he’d intentionally lie (that would just hurt his reputation), even though it’s still possible his information is wrong.

I thought Brazil said there was going to be a indie direct this month there is no way it’s happening because tomorrow is Good Friday a holiday so Brazil might be lying about Switch 2 delay
the only tangible thing from his point of view was that there'd be an indie direct before the general in april, which still leaves early April open for an indie direct to happen. He threw March on the table for the indie as speculation.

Brazil said the Indie World would be before the next Direct, said possibly March but he wasn't sure. He did not say "there will be an Indie World in March."

Please refrain from making posts that are dismissive of not only numerous quality games but also a number of users on this website who are independent game developers. - ngpdrew, big lantern ghost, Tangerine_Cookie, IsisStormDragon, Zellia
the only tangible thing from his point of view was that there'd be an indie direct before the general in april, which still leaves early April open for an indie direct to happen. He threw March on the table for the indie as speculation.
But do we really have to have a 💩 Indie Direct Nintendo needs to start announcing games coming this year if Switch 2 is delayed still waiting for Zelda Wind Waker and Zelda Twilling Princess

But do we really have to have a 💩 Indie Direct Nintendo needs to start announcing games coming this year if Switch 2 is delayed still waiting for Zelda Wind Waker and Zelda Twilling Princess

Oh god.. you are one of "those" types of forum users.

Indies are amazing and the future of the industry. Especially in a time where big budget games are so disappointing half the time.

Just to update but this is actually fake.

Honestly, thank goodness. Because among other things, it'd be pretty outlandish for the MH team to dredge up a monster and its plot arc from a previous gen so quickly nowadays.

Earthbound 64 had images released for it fairly quickly after announcement.

Metroid Prime 4 has no details other than being made by Retro Studios.

The only other possible detail is that Prime 4 was announced as first person back in 2017, but it's not even clear that will remain true.

We're 7 years in with no screenshots or information.

We don't even have any leaks pointing at any art, story, or gameplay details.
The only other thing I know about Prime 4 is that alot of ex Bungie/Halo Artists and other Halo talents are working on it.

While it’s a great game, and I’d love to play it in HD, if all the Donkey Kong smoke recently was a port of Returns, that’ll be a bit of a bummer.

Time for a General Direct prediction/wish list! I’m gonna try and throw some fun ones in here that aren’t rumoured/obvious, because it’s just more fun that way :D Also, I’m just gonna focus on first/second-party since that’s where my expertise lies.

Nintendo Direct 4.10.2024

Opener:

-Fire Emblem 4 Remake reveal trailer / 8.29.2024

Headlines/Spotlights:

-Paper Mario TTYD gets new content trailer (side story: Luigi’s story) / 5.23.2024

-Splatoonville trailer: an ambitious experimental spin-off of Splatoon that goes for RPG gameplay, while making use of Splatoon lore and worldbuilding. / 10.24.2024

-The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD. Very similar to the Pikmin 1 + 2 reveal: the games are shadowdropped digitally immediately and can be bought separately, or as a bundle for a reduced price. Physical dual pack releases on 6.6.2024

-Mario & Luigi: Triple Trouble reveal trailer: wha-? Who’s that that’s joined the brothers on their latest RPG adventure? Could it be… Princess Peach?? / Holiday 2024

-Tomodachi: Live it Up! reveal trailer. A sequel to the Tomodachi Life series, this entry comes with many features from the 3DS title, but it also allows you to explore areas of the island on foot as your look-alike and interact with your islanders by walking up and talking to them! / Early 2025

-Chibi-Robo: Surge Protector reveal trailer. Finally, a true sequel to the original Chibi-Robo in line with the original gameplay, has new locations and story to enjoy. / Holiday 2024

Closer:

Metroid segment:

-Prime 2 HD and Prime 3 HD dual pack. No shadowdrop so it doesn’t conflict with Zelda shadowdrops. This dual pack will release physically and digitally on 7.11.2024

-Metroid Game & Watch system. Enjoy the original Metroid and Metroid II on this Game & Watch system, just like the Mario and Zelda ones. Releases alongside the 2/3HD pack on 7.11.2024

-Metroid Prime 4 full reveal. It’s everything you’ve ever wanted. / 11.14.2024
An actual Sequel to the original chibi robo on gamecube... I got Pikmin 4 and then I can get Chibi robo 2? I could legit die happy then.

re: the fake leak from the closed thread...

Is "System Codename XII" supposed to be a new console?

What's the point of making "leaks" that are so obviously fake if they're going to be this boring? They should own the fakeness and go wild!
I'd go with folders like "The Wand of Gamelon HD Remaster - Available later today", "Tomodachi Life 2: Cruise Control - Available This Year", "Rhythm Heaven HD Collection Featuring Dante From Devil May Cry"...

Just to update but this is actually fake.

Honestly, thank goodness. Because among other things, it'd be pretty outlandish for the MH team to dredge up a monster and its plot arc from a previous gen so quickly nowadays.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

TLDR for other lurkers on this messageboard, I can confirm, this leak is fake as shit.

An actual Sequel to the original chibi robo on gamecube... I got Pikmin 4 and then I can get Chibi robo 2? I could legit die happy then.

The developers of Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp said that they wouldn't mind bringing back some other niche games, such as Chibi-Robo (mentioned by them). I just got a brand new Endless Ocean game announced after 14 years, if they remake/remaster the Gamecube Chibi Robo I'll just call it a life.

I’m no expert in what’s likely or whatever. But when a list is essentially ‘reasonable averaged guesses based on compiling what the community has been idly speculating about since last September’, it’s always fake as it’s just bait made to be spread by people going ‘hey I’ve been saying that would be cool!’. Funny that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom