• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

………………..what
I think what they're saying is that since Brazil is the source for the "Switch 2 is delayed into 2025" rumor (even though he isn't), they're looking for other stuff Brazil said to be proven wrong, so there can be some hope that the Switch 2 delay rumor would also be proven wrong, meaning 2024 release would be back on the menu.

Even though Brazil was already proven right with last month's Partner Direct.

I think what they're saying is that since Brazil is the source for the "Switch 2 is delayed into 2025" rumor (even though he isn't), they're looking for other stuff Brazil said to be proven wrong, so there can be some hope that the Switch 2 delay rumor would also be proven wrong, meaning 2024 release would be back on the menu.

Even though Brazil was already proven right with last month's Partner Direct.
which has also been corroborated by one nathaniel drake

i don’t think this actually follows. a march reveal was never guaranteed
True, but we were all very confident.

I remember a lot of the reason there was so much denial in response to the 2025 report was because "why would they reveal the system in March if it's not releasing until 2025?" We were all so certain a March announcement was a guarantee.

True, but we were all very confident.

I remember a lot of the reason there was so much denial in response to the 2025 report was because "why would they reveal the system in March if it's not releasing until 2025?" We were all so certain a March announcement was a guarantee.
What's wild in hindsight is just how many people were confident, from so many different angles. Not just some of us going "well Nate said," but like.. several other people and sources were dead-set on March being it.

And when 2025 was reported, it wasn't the normal "oh of course it's not coming this year, Fami was overconfident," or whatever, it was like shock, reports even of devs being caught off guard, like 2025 wasn't supposed to happen.

Been a rollercoaster yall.

And when 2025 was reported, it wasn't the normal "oh of course it's not coming this year, Fami was overconfident," or whatever, it was like shock, reports even of devs being caught off guard, like 2025 wasn't supposed to happen.
I think this reaction might have been a little more subdued had we known from the start that it was specifically an internal delay. If I remember correctly, it was originally just reported as "Switch 2 to release in 2025", and that wording threw everyone off because it seemed impossible based on our expectations. If it were cited as a delay from the start, there might have still been blowback, but I think there would have been more acceptance initially.

There's way too many new things on that April Direct leak for it to be true. They never just throw 6+ new games at us. Even if they are remakes/remasters. And it's all stuff people want and have been predicting. lol

There's way too many new things on that April Direct leak for it to be true. They never just throw 6+ new games at us. Even if they are remakes/remasters. And it's all stuff people want and have been predicting. lol
That's how every Direct "leak" is.

I genuinely don't think there has ever been a single actual Direct leak that nailed every single announcement.

Remember that one direct (I think it was the early 2016 one) where the entire thing leaked as a windows folder list just like this? It turned out being all real.
Yes - I thought the recent image of those folders was supposed to be a parody of that?

Remember that one direct (I think it was the early 2016 one) where the entire thing leaked as a windows folder list just like this? It turned out being all real.
Yeah, it was a March 2016 Direct. A Nintendo fansite in the Netherlands got a Windows folder list picture that revealed some, but not all, of the content for the following day's Direct. It's probably the reason why we've seen a good number of "leaks" since then make use of the format.

I see we're close to a Nintendo direct because so far we've got 1) insulting insiders for no reason 2) insulting indie games 3) making fake leaks and presenting them as real and 4) insinuating games don't count because "reasons". All that is left is insulting farming sims and insulting random members.

Last edited:
Look, Nintendo is just trying to get us all ready for the hellish future that awaits us and teach us how to farm so we don't die of starvation.

I've been insulting farming sims since last month if that helps.

IMG_3584.jpg

According to many posts I've been seeing online, the next Nintendo Direct may have leaked out. The linked images show folders on a PC that I assume are for the games that will appear during the direct. Alongside of that there is a logo for a new Ubisoft IP. Could this be real? The logo and the overall contents of this leak have me thinking it could be.

Interesting screenshot! I personally wouldn't mind it, but one minor thing throws it all out the window - the naming of the Fire Emblem game.
To this date, no two games have the exact same name.

Sure, some get close, like FE 1 aka Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light being shortened in its remake to just Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Or FE 3 aka Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem being renamed Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem for the remake. But those two changes are the exact same name as before. Gaiden complicates matters because its remake is called Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. It's currently up in the air if "Echoes" is going to be a new thing going forward, but the point still stands - no two Fire Emblem games have the exact same title.

For a Genealogy remake to be implied and released with the exact same title is a nigh impossibility IMO. Ergo, the whole thing is false.

I see we're close to a Nintendo direct because so far we've got 1) insulting insiders for no reason 2) insulting indie games 3) making fake leaks and presenting them as real and 4) insinuating games don't count because "reasons". All that is left is insulting farming sims and insulting random members.
Don’t forget the classic “lol why is everyone getting so worked up about advertisements” and “people are getting too emotionally invested in things and might end up disappointed, which somehow bothers me so I feel I must step in and tell people to lower their expectations and downplay everything for some reason”

I've got nothing against farming sims, I just think the memes are funny.

Since a Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake was included in that fake leak... I'm curious to see if 'Echoes' becomes the name for remakes going forward, especially since I've seen people just refer to the Gaiden remake as Echoes without even referencing its subtitle for years now. So unless that's nowhere near as widespread as I've seen, Echoes is the Gaiden remake as far as the fandom is concerned.

But I really can't see them just using FE4's original title without some kind of addition to make it clear it's a remake. All previous remakes have had different titles in some way or another.

There's literally 4 farming sims in a direct, still dwarfed by every other genre present, and the hate's still trotted out like this? I hope the next Direct has 10, and the next Zelda game's a farm spinoff.
You can’t be too surprised that people are put off by a very niche genre getting several spotlights in a Direct. These presentations are like 40 minutes long and come twice, maybe three times a year, and every minute spent on a farming simulator is one less minute that could have been spent not mentioning Metroid or Donkey Kong in a different but more interesting way. A person can only pick so many beets!

But I really can't see them just using FE4's original title without some kind of addition to make it clear it's a remake. All previous remakes have had different titles in some way or another.
That's what really stuck out in the leak to me as well.

I'm curious to see if 'Echoes' becomes the name for remakes going forward,
I think it'd be pretty cool if that was the case, but I'm not willing to put money on it. It'd feel weird to set that precedent on the third and fourth remakes of the franchise IMO, unless they rebranded Shadow Dragon and New Mystery the same way for some reason or another. Hopefully we only have to wait a few weeks to find out!

You can’t be too surprised that people are put off by a very niche genre getting several spotlights in a Direct. These presentations are like 40 minutes long and come twice, maybe three times a year, and every minute spent on a farming simulator is one less minute that could have been spent not mentioning Metroid or Donkey Kong in a different but more interesting way. A person can only pick so many beets!

Oh, but I can be surprised! And I can pick a lot of beets. 100+ hours of 'em every time. This is "slots" shit in Smash taken to another level. Farming sims didn't bump other games and take up precious little minutes. They were just also there. In what way does farm sims existing tear down a Direct that featured TotK, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta 3, Resident Evil, Radiant Silvergun, Octopath II, Pikmin 4, Fire Emblem, three Mario games, and Xenoblade?

No matter how you slice it, fans of a """"niche"""" genre got a few hors d'oeuvres at the seasonal feast one time, almost two years ago, while "core" players are gorged themselves, and now they can't hear the end of it. It's petty, and it's rude.

There's literally 4 farming sims in a direct, still dwarfed by every other genre present, and the hate's still trotted out like this? I hope the next Direct has 10, and the next Zelda game's a farm spinoff.
To be clear, we're joking about "insulting farming sims" being one of the triggers for a new Direct being imminent, not actually ripping on the genre. So like my "thank you for your service" joke was not anything against farming sims at all, I was joking that by doing that they were bringing the Direct ever closer. 😅

Direct lore fans should know there were actually five(!) farming sims in the Farm Direct: Rune Factory 3, new Rune Factory, Story of Seasons, Fae Farm, and Harvestella. We’re still waiting on dragon jousting Rune Factory, but the other four all came out and seemed to all be well received so farming fans definitely won there haha.

To be clear, we're joking about "insulting farming sims" being one of the triggers for a new Direct being imminent, not actually ripping on the genre. So like my "thank you for your service" joke was not anything against farming sims at all, I was joking that by doing that they were bringing the Direct ever closer. 😅

Hard thing to tell considering how often I see the sentiment shared with 100% genuine intent, but if truly meant in total harmless jest, then all I can say is

5gRpDIy.jpeg

It's honestly the same arguments for decades now. Know how many times I argued with people on the original nsider forum about how the TG16 games were not in fact taking a slot from their favorite games on the original Wii? Way too many times to count. I told them if they stopped releasing TG16 games they would just release 2 games a week instead of 3. They didn't believe me and guess what? When they ran out of TG16 games to release we started getting 2 games a week instead of 3. Same thing, oh I don't like this genre of game it takes up minutes in a direct that could have been spent on a game that doesn't exist or isn't ready to be shown. When in reality it just means less minutes in the direct. Not to mention people seem to think Nintendo picks the 3rd party games shown when we know 3rd parties pay Nintendo to be shown in the direct. It's easy to forget that while directs are entertaining and can help us plan our videogame purchases, it's still marketing.

I'm a bit late with the supposed leak image, but: someone remind me if we've have legitimate Direct leaks with the folders of mentioned titles? And if so, did they purposefully name the folders with conditionals such as 'Available Later Today', 'Trailer', 'Developer Interview' etc? Seems like a bit too much information that I don't personally feel needs to be shown through folder names.

While I'm considering the image fake, for the sake of discussion, in terms of other oddities:
  • Any reason why Sea of Thieves, and the two Prime games have Game in their folder name? It's not like they'd post a trailer for a demo.
  • A single Touch Generations game being remade seems a bit unusual (I'd feel like multiple remakes at once could work), plus it's a Japan only and while I can't personally attest to its obscurity or otherwise, the online documentation of the title being as thin as it is does feel like it's not even quite cult classic?
  • What do they mean by AD? Sizzle reels aren't really ads.

You guys are very ungrateful for me helping to bring the direct closer

I guess I'll have to complain even more about farming sims.

thank you for your service
o7
I do what I can for the sake of the community

🫡

I'm a bit late with the supposed leak image, but: someone remind me if we've have legitimate Direct leaks with the folders of mentioned titles? And if so, did they purposefully name the folders with conditionals such as 'Available Later Today', 'Trailer', 'Developer Interview' etc? Seems like a bit too much information that I don't personally feel needs to be shown through folder names.
We did get one back in 2016 for a March 2016 Direct.

If the next Nintendo Direct is really in April, what I would really like is an entire segment on Donkey Kong, with the park, then the announcement of a new game in 2025 and the announcement of Donkey Kong Country Returns to wait. But I’m a dreamer I know.

If they plan to make the switch 2 official soon, I also wonder if they will do it at their next financial meeting in May or just before, and in that case it can be something that opens or closes the next Nintendo Direct.
I initially misread that as "an entire segment of Donkey Kong in the park"

and I would now completely settle for a Direct featuring a guy in a gorilla costume feeding birds. No game, just monke

I initially misread that as "an entire segment of Donkey Kong in the park"

and I would now completely settle for a Direct featuring a guy in a gorilla costume feeding birds. No game, just monke

that upcoming Donkey Kong park needs to have special after dark events like how zoos and stuff have after dark booze nights except it's guests having to escape the park while being chased by a Donkey Kong mascot

Was the theory of Nintendo having sales that end around the time of a Direct airing disproven? I saw this and thought about that haha

I think it's supposed to be the other way around: the sale begins on the day of the direct. For marketing tricks they would then do it for example like this:

announce a new DK game in the direct -> have DKC TF be 33% off on eShop -> people see the new game in the direct and want more -> hey another game in the series is on discount, I'll try that

That said, they did it like this a couple years ago, but not anymore as of late. So the pattern is kinda broken

According to many posts I've been seeing online, the next Nintendo Direct may have leaked out. The linked images show folders on a PC that I assume are for the games that will appear during the direct. Alongside of that there is a logo for a new Ubisoft IP. Could this be real? The logo and the overall contents of this leak have me thinking it could be.

I love how safe every "leak" is. Just no imagination whatsoever, maybe one title that's a little unique.
I'll forever threasure the moment when the ACTUAL Nintendo leak contained such titles as "Milk" and therefore was deemed incorrect. Wish people would at least put as much effort into their jpegs.

Back
Top Bottom