• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

I wonder if Smash could be part of the reveal trailer for the console, taking the spot that Splatoon 2 had in the Switch's trailer for example
twitter when that's announced:
tenor.gif

Maybe codename Banquet is a Metroid cooking game spinoff. Bunch of pirates making Shriekbat soup and Geemer roast for a cranky, recovering Ridley, and if the food is prepared badly, he eats the player instead. I've cracked the code, surely.

I wonder if Smash could be part of the reveal trailer for the console, taking the spot that Splatoon 2 had in the Switch's trailer for example
just a guess, but I think Smash is gonna be the MK8D of Switch 2. My hunch is a next gen update/upgrade comes out for Ultimate within the first year and that's "the Smash game" on Switch 2 in the same way Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was "the Mario Kart game" on Switch

Gives them a generation to figure out a proper solution to "how the heck do we follow up on Ultimate"

just a guess, but I think Smash is gonna be the MK8D of Switch 2. My hunch is a next gen update/upgrade comes out for Ultimate within the first year and that's "the Smash game" on Switch 2 in the same way Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was "the Mario Kart game" on Switch

Gives them a generation to figure out a proper solution to "how the heck do we follow up on Ultimate"
the smash ultimate deluxe idea was wishful thinking in the chats that the notorious smash fanbase were holding all the time at twitter cuz they were scared of smash having more content like the violent fandom of genshin impact is. every day i see on twitter they decide on their own whims that characters need to be removed (like rosalina and fire emblem characters 1st and other swordfighters and traditional fighting game characters 2nd) unless its geno or waluigi

Going to bed tonight will be interesting.

Either I'm going to wake up to excitement or I'm going to wake up to panic.

And it's going to be equally as fun either way.

Is it weird that the NES World Championships game hasn't been revealed yet?? I thought they would want that revealed ahead of the investors meeting 🤔
iirc sometimes these smaller games get announced later in the day. For instance, I think Everybody 1-2 Switch was announced at like 9pm EST

So still technically time for them to announce it before the meeting

The fact that NoA didn't tweet anything at all (not even the Pikmin splash image that NoE tweeted) does give me some hope that the NWC will be announced today, though the lack of posts and announcements probably aren't too connected in reality. We'll know within the next four hours though since I don't think they'll post anything after 9 PM EST (unless the console is getting an official acknowledgement - they'll probably have a very late in the day post for that like they did in April 2016 with the NX/Switch if that's the case)!!

If something happens

It’s just a “The successor to Switch will be released in the next fiscal year. Please wait for details later this year”

That’s all.

If something happens

It’s just a “The successor to Switch will be released in the next fiscal year. Please wait for details later this year”

That’s all.
Yeah, at most it's an exciting confirmation, but with absolutely no further elaboration or supplemental material to accompany the announcement. Still would signify the end of a long-ass era on famiboards.com lmao

I don't know too much about all this investors stuff, but I feel like there has to be something of substance here, surely they are not going to please investors with a line-up of TTYD and a Luigi's Mansion 2 Remaster

The most exciting part of tomorrow is going to be finding out which games massively underperformed the internet's arbitrary sales expectations and why this proves said game was a disaster and an affront to True Fans.

Nintendo could do us all a favour and bury that discourse by announcing NWC NES and the next-generated integrated hardware-software system.

I don't know too much about all this investors stuff, but I feel like there has to be something of substance here, surely they are not going to please investors with a line-up of TTYD and a Luigi's Mansion 2 Remaster
I think that’s what the Nintendo World Championship NES announcement is for tbh

i saw someone mention theyve announced incoming directs at investor meetings before, howre we feeling the possibility of that tomorrow?

My guess: 143 million.

Stupid Nintendo, you could have made this number 148m if you released transparent atomic purple or Pikachu limited edition Switch lites. 4-color buttons for extra 1-2m sales.

i saw someone mention theyve announced incoming directs at investor meetings before, howre we feeling the possibility of that tomorrow?
I think it's possible but I feel like we would've started to hear something more about it by now since it would be airing on Wednesday (unless they have really been able to lock down leaks)

I think it's possible but I feel like we would've started to hear something more about it by now since it would be airing on Wednesday (unless they have really been able to lock down leaks)

Pyoro would be teasing more if there was a Direct airing on Wednesday.

The most exciting part of tomorrow is going to be finding out which games massively underperformed the internet's arbitrary sales expectations and why this proves said game was a disaster and an affront to True Fans.

Nintendo could do us all a favour and bury that discourse by announcing NWC NES and the next-generated integrated hardware-software system.
Somehow princess peach will be a surprising success, which likely sold more then FF7 rebirth. Also when does square enix have their financial report?

Does the investor Q&A get released along with the financials? (Which would hopefully include successor confirmation)

Or is it after the financials are released? I really don’t know how this works lol

Does the investor Q&A get released along with the financials? (Which would hopefully include successor confirmation)

Or is it after the financials are released? I really don’t know how this works lol
I believe that usually press reports on the Q&A pretty quickly in the day but it usually takes a couple of days for the translated Q&A to be posted

ngl, it'd be pretty funny if Peach outsells FF7Rebirth and becomes the new "Luigi's Mansion 3 outsold TLOU2"
Using Luigi mansion 3 has a sales metric will always be funny to me. Also it will never be baffling to me how LM3 has sold 14M copies, since i would have expected way less.

Makes me wonder if we'll see something similar to princess peach, since that game has a wider appeal to casuals and younger kids.

Using Luigi mansion 3 has a sales metric will always be funny to me. Also it will never be baffling to me how LM3 has sold 14M copies, since i would have expected way less.

Makes me wonder if we'll see something similar to princess peach, since that game has a wider appeal to casuals and younger kids.

LM2 did very well, so I wasn't surprised to see 3 do even better on Switch.

Just say the next generation system will release before the end of the fiscal year. That’s all Nintendo needs to say. They don’t have to do more and people will be have to have that release confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom