• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

I would like to Nintendo Direct your attention to the fact that we won't have a Direct for another two months.

oh trust me I played a lot of it and think it's plenty awful on its own merits

I mean it combines interesting mechanics with mediocre level design (though there are some really good levels as well), uninspired visuals and some questionable design choices. All in all it's absolutely a flawed experience. One you can still have fun with in my opinion- 'awful' is a bit harsh.

Zip Lash is still a mediocre game with some absolutely awful design choices that tank what otherwise might have been a swimming in 7's platformer.

It's still a 6-7 with those flaws imho. I didn't regret buying it (on sale, mind you).

I only bought Chibi Robo Zip Lash for the amiibo because I had an amiibo problem at the time.

You and me both! Funnily enough I just bought my first amiibos in years last week. 9 Zelda and BotW amiibo (including champions and the guardian) for slightly over 40 € in a big clearance sale. I couldn't resist and now I want the rest of the Zelda ones as well, lol.

I don’t think Nintendo is about to reveal the next console soon. That’s why the april direct is important, if they do one in april then for June they’ll have nothing to announce other than the switch 2
If nothing happens in april then june will just be a normal direct and who knows when they’ll finally reveal the next switch.

I don’t think Nintendo is about to reveal the next console soon. That’s why the april direct is important, if they do one in april then for June they’ll have nothing to announce other than the switch 2
If nothing happens in april then june will just be a normal direct and who knows when they’ll finally reveal the next switch.
okay but what if...

nothing in june

just imagine the vibes 😎

They shouldn’t be so secretive just tell us if Switch 2 is delayed until next year and give us ports of Zelda games like Wind Waker
It’s easy to forget context when we’re in a comparative fan bubble, but it’s reasonable to remember that the general public is not privy to the existence of a successor, and the investors have yet to be told outright of their hunches that a successor is on the horizon. It’s not as simple as announcing a delay for something that hasn’t even been formally revealed to the public.

In other spec, there have been a number of random maintenances scheduled for around the 20th of May iirc…

My fellow Famiboarders, I feel it is time to tell you the facts as they really are;
  1. Bananas are marsupials.
  2. Cars run on gravy.
  3. Salmon live in trees, and eat pencils.
  4. Nintendo Direct is on the way.

This coming week finally being Paper Mario week likely with a new trailer announcing new features has me very excited. I hope we get some substantial stuff beyond Purple Toad. If the new stuff news comes later, well, not that much time left until release. (Unless they bizarrely never talk about it like The Depths in Zelda lol)
The fact that the purple toad is in the glitzville chapter sorta leads me to think that boss rematches might take place in the glitz pit.

My fellow Famiboarders, I feel it is time to tell you the facts as they really are;

1. Bananas are marsupials.
That explains Marsupilami
2. Cars run on gravy.
That explains why my Toyota idles rough
3. Salmon live in trees, and eat pencils.
That explains why they gotta reach such an extreme velocity when they swim upstream, gotta launch into the trees
4. Nintendo Direct is on the way.
Okay this one I can't make sense of

The fact that the purple toad is in the glitzville chapter sorta leads me to think that boss rematches might take place in the glitz pit.
I’d be down for them playing around with the Glitz Pit as part of extra hard / post game content. We already have the Pit of 100 Trials for a big enemy gauntlet and the Glitz Pit is one of my favorite chapters. 🤞 for some substantial new stuff.

It would be pure chaos and it'd be funny.
We'd be like
tumblr_nxxnj401nO1ush256o1_400.gif

Nintendo delayed the DK park? They had to make sure it lined up with the DK video game this fall.
You mean the DK game which is now releasing in March as a launch title for the Nintendo 2witch, whose delay was the cause of the hardware being pushed back. 😉

They shouldn’t be so secretive just tell us if Switch 2 is delayed until next year and give us ports of Zelda games like Wind Waker

They haven't even announced Switch 2. It makes no sense to tell us something is delayed when they haven't even acknowledged it's existence. As for the "secrecy", like it or not, that's how business works.

Demanding ports of old games is a bit childish. There's plenty to play.

it takes time to do enough genetic engineering on a monkey to make an actual real life Donkey Kong but Miyamoto won't let them open the park until they have one ready to roam it

Nintendo delayed the DK park? They had to make sure it lined up with the DK video game this fall.
There is video of the roller coaster operating

Still could be testing for safety, because an accident would cost them hundreds of millions

But could be another explanation

Last edited:
They haven't even announced Switch 2. It makes no sense to tell us something is delayed when they haven't even acknowledged it's existence. As for the "secrecy", like it or not, that's how business works.

can you please stop being nasty to me calling me childish I am 36 years old

can you please stop being nasty to me calling me childish I am 36 years old
I honestly have zero clue how you took offense to that, browneyes84 wasn't even directly calling you childish.

On the topic of the thread though, this year feels really slow so far when it comes Nintendo news and product releases.
I get that we're only in April, but I'm honestly impressed we haven't already gotten a general Nintendo Direct by this point, like, what could they be cooking if it's not the Switch Successor?

Man… I just want my games on system that’s actually played on and not stuck in the Wii U.

Like after how good prime remaster was and the shadow dropped of pikmin 1+2 I’ve been trying to be patient and hopeful, like having Windwaker and Xenoblade X stuck on a system where only 5 people owned is a crime. And I like old shit as well
luffy-one-piece.gif

I honestly have zero clue how you took offense to that, browneyes84 wasn't even directly calling you childish.

On the topic of the thread though, this year feels really slow so far when it comes Nintendo news and product releases.
I get that we're only in April, but I'm honestly impressed we haven't already gotten a general Nintendo Direct by this point, like, what could they be cooking if it's not the Switch Successor?
Maybe they‘re working on the precursor…

Back
Top Bottom