• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, Midnight Suns delayed again, this time with no timeframe - I'm lowkey expecting it to be cancelled for Switch and last gen versions at this point.

What people don't understand is that splatoon has already won, it's already an elite Nintendo franchise and it has already made it big time. Splatoon 3 is not a make or break release for the franchise and it doesn't need to be a break out hit, splatoon 2 already was that, this is just the next game of a top tier franchise that already has a huge fanbase and it will continue to grow.
There's literally 0 reasons to be concerned about the future of the series or it's marketing.
Splatoon is already and household name
Nothing really else needs to be said, this is the absolute truth.

Hmm, Midnight Suns delayed again, this time with no timeframe - I'm lowkey expecting it to be cancelled for Switch and last gen versions at this point.
I think I agree with you and would not be surprise if they do a Gotham Knights situation. Since they only mention that PS5/Series and PC are for the new date.

I wonder if this is probably a situation that might arise next year for games announced for last gen and current gen

It's Kirby's Dream Buffet I'm really hoping will have a significant campaign. Come on land of snocone-capped mountains and pastiche of pistachio plains....

I must be completely honest that I wasn’t hyped for Splatoon 3. It’s just not a series for me; I’ve never really gotten into it.

But for some reason… I decided to pick up Splat2 a week ago (despite 3 coming out in a month, lol. Idk, I just needed something to play.)

And I’m frickin LOVING IT. I owned it back in 2017 and sold it afterwards because, again, it wasn’t really for me at the time. But now that I’ve re-purchased it, I can’t stop playing!

Splatoon 3 hype train!!

Guess this means it’s not gonna be an NSO Expansion Pass perk then like some people thought. Darn.
Outside of the retro games, everything on NSO is individually purchaseable. Dunno why Kirby would be different.

Personally, I think something like Kirby Fighters 2 would be more likely as a random perk. Dream Buffet could maybe come down the line, but I don't see it happening at launch.

The NSO Expansion Pass has been pretty literal to this point in that it has only given out extra expansions to games (aside from the retro stuff). So it will be interesting to see if this new Kirby spinoff is given out to subscribers as the first full game on the service.

Huh, My mind was already set for Dream Buffet would be a F2P game like Clash and Fighters 2.
Not really sure why, just felt like it from the initial trailer.

Could be free for NSOXP subs while 77 Brazil Bucks for the non-subs

Outside of the retro games, everything on NSO is individually purchaseable. Dunno why Kirby would be different.

Personally, I think something like Kirby Fighters 2 would be more likely as a random perk. Dream Buffet could maybe come down the line, but I don't see it happening at launch.
I suppose that’s possible. If Dream Buffet is a paid game, I really hope it’s got at least a little bit of depth. A short little single player mode would be more than enough for me. If the game is multiplayer only, then I probably won‘t be playing it unless it’s FTP or an NSO perk.

Why Expansion Pass Perk and not general NSO Like Tetris 99 etc?
I dunno, doesn’t Dream Buffet seem like a bit more substantial than something like Tetris 99, Pac-Man 99, or Mario 35? I don‘t know if Nintendo would put out a game like this on regular NSO. But what do I know?

Why do people in here get so protective over sales numbers? Jesus.
It's more that certain people are projecting their own personal opinions as "facts", especially when it comes to sales/popularity.

It would be easier for them to say what they actually want to say and be done with it, instead of "Insert game here will underperform if it doesn't start impressing soon or cater to my exact preferences".

This has happened multiple times already (Pokemon SwSh, Switch Sports, Mario Strikers).

I wonder if closer to release Zelda will get a direct. I don't believe Zelda has ever had a dedicated direct, but with out the deep dive and gameplay during E3 a dedicated direct for the game would be able to deliver the info.

I wonder if closer to release Zelda will get a direct. I don't believe Zelda has ever had a dedicated direct, but with out the deep dive and gameplay during E3 a dedicated direct for the game would be able to deliver the info.
maybe it will get gameplay at E3. spring doesn't end until june 21

I suppose that’s possible. If Dream Buffet is a paid game, I really hope it’s got at least a little bit of depth. A short little single player mode would be more than enough for me. If the game is multiplayer only, then I probably won‘t be playing it unless it’s FTP or an NSO perk.

I dunno, doesn’t Dream Buffet seem like a bit more substantial than something like Tetris 99, Pac-Man 99, or Mario 35? I don‘t know if Nintendo would put out a game like this on regular NSO. But what do I know?
Myself and many others I know have poured thousands of hours into T99.

It's very substantial :p

Splatoon 3 was announced when it was because support for Splatoon 2 largely ended, and they didn't want players to think they were just letting the games go for a while. It was basically a reassurance to Splatoon fans/players that something new was on the horizon.

When is that Monster Hunter stream again today? In 10 minutes or in 1 hour and 10 minutes?

I see folks are talking evil things about the BotW 2 release again.

Don't make me take out the 2 meter sized Super Soaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom