• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Grubb may not have claimed 2022 for new hardware, but I have!

Hi, I'm Saul Goodman. Did you know that you have rights? The Terms of Service say you do! You deserve a Switch Pro fast, and with the best legal counsel money can buy, it'll be yours! Not in 18 months, not in 12 months, but in only two months! That's more than half a year sooner than the other guys.

If you need better framerates now, don't call NateDrake or Jeff Grubb. Instead, you'd better call Saul! Better call Saul Goodman!
Can not read this without hearing Bob Odenkirk in my head.

Well that's a non-sequitur.

I don't think the pandemic had anyone suddenly hearing voices.
1. Plans change, especially during a pandemic.

2. Launch timing is not set in stone over a year+ out from a possible launch.

Grubb has been very clear this year that he isn't sure of the timing of any new hardware (or even exactly what the supposed new hardware will be).

Insistently dragging up one year-old tweet when there's plenty of other stuff he has said in just the past couple of months is a dick move, tbh.

Well this thread moves fast now.

I’m still holding out for 9/1 but are we seriously calling out insiders with accounts in this thread again? I thought we agreed that was Not Cool?

Well this thread moves fast now.

I’m still holding out for 9/1 but are we seriously calling out insiders with accounts in this thread again? I thought we agreed that was Not Cool?
I think the 9/1 dream is dead after what Grubb said. September 13 is the new expectation

1. Plans change, especially during a pandemic.

2. Launch timing is not set in stone over a year+ out from a possible launch.

Grubb has been very clear this year that he isn't sure of the timing of any new hardware (or even exactly what the supposed new hardware will be).
True, but as you said yourself, that Tweet was posted during said pandemic, and the last stages of development for this thing, if it is coming soon, would have been (and continue to be) amidst a pandemic.

That said I broadly agree, I think a 2022 (Calendar year) release is unlikely.

Jeff Grubb may not have claimed 2022 for new hardware, but I have!

Hi, I'm Saul Goodman. Did you know that you have rights? The Terms of Service say you do! You deserve a Switch Pro fast, and with the best legal counsel money can buy, it'll be yours! Not in 18 months, not in 12 months, but in only two months! That's more than half a year sooner than the other guys.

If you need better framerates now, don't call NateDrake or Jeff Grubb. Instead, you'd better call Saul! Better call Saul Goodman!
This you?

Would it be possible to not keep a history of peoples social media just in case you need to "Someone is wrong on the internet!!!!"?

Generally, why not completely stop "Someone is wrong on the internet!!!!!", let people say and/or believe what they want.

people who are still splitting hairs about hardware must've missed that we've subtly slipped back another quarter from this fiscal year to the first half of 2023

the pandemic sucks and no one knows anything for sure

Would it be possible to not keep a history of peoples social media just in case you need to "Someone is wrong on the internet!!!!"?

Generally, why not completely stop "Someone is wrong on the internet!!!!!", let people say and/or believe what they want.
Having a memory isn't keeping a history. I just find the difference in what's being said curious. It's not wrong to ask about an inconsistency.

i-dont-believe-you-whatever.gif

I feel like this wording is intentionally obtuse.

Though, there was a Tweet in 2021 that stated that "2022" was "heard" for the "4K" Switch.

Claiming to hear a rumour is a claim.

If you had no details, why would you have tweeted that to begin with?

"Personally heard 2022", right there. So have you heard 2022 for it or not is the question.

Don't do this. He heard something over a year ago, and hasn't said anything about it since then.

Moreover, the tweet lacks context. If I had to guess, he was probably tweeting in response to YouTubers claiming the Pro was coming in 2021. So, all he was saying was it wasn't; that's it.

And as he said in his response to you, there's nothing solid pointing to 2022. Nothing solid enough to report. So, there's your answer, and I would personally make peace with it coming in 2023.

Don't do this. He heard something over a year ago, and hasn't said anything about it since then.

Moreover, the tweet lacks context. If I had to guess, he was probably tweeting in response to YouTubers claiming the Pro was coming in 2021. So, all he was saying was it wasn't; that's it.

And as he said in his response to you, there's nothing solid pointing to 2022. Nothing solid enough to report. So, there's your answer, and I would personally make peace with it coming in 2023.
I mean, peace is made, as far as I'm concerned, I always thought March 2023 was the most likely timing. That doesn't rule out a 2022 announcement, however.

people who are still splitting hairs about hardware must've missed that we've subtly slipped back another quarter from this fiscal year to the first half of 2023

the pandemic sucks and no one knows anything for sure
True, but we also don't know if that "subtle slip" is for sure, and this current Fiscal Year does make up half of the first half of 2023, so I haven't lost hope for a March release QUITE yet. Maybe if we're looking into February with no announcement, then I'll recant. 😆

Having a memory isn't keeping a history. I just find the difference in what's being said curious. It's not wrong to ask about an inconsistency.

Yeah, it's not wrong, when you're talking to your college prof or your teacher. In this case, it's unnecessary and only leads to shitty mood. You get nothing from it.

If he's right, hooray he's right. If he's wrong, oh well happens.

Eh, they're just saying "you did actually say that", it's not calling out an insider, it's just reminding them of what they once said. Yeah plans change, and everything, what was once totally happening may be internally delayed. Still, I don't think that message is that big of a deal as what you make it sound like. I think it's important to keep track of what everyone says, that was the point of the old Nintendo rumor thread by the way. Even the GOAT Emily and King Zell had their misses, it's not a bad thing to keep track of those, as long as it's not used in a way to antagonize.

We have a hardware thread containment zone, let’s use that for hardware talk instead of the Nintendo direct speculation containment zone 😛

Yeah, it's not wrong, when you're talking to your college prof or your teacher. In this case, it's unnecessary and only leads to shitty mood. You get nothing from it.

If he's right, hooray he's right. If he's wrong, oh well happens.
I, what? Asking questions puts you in a shitty mood? Plus, doesn't one respect one's teachers, professors, etc., doesn't mean you don't ask questions.

I don't feel like that's very Nintendo Direct adjacent, though.

As you said, if he was right, cool, if he is right, cool, Nintendo news soon-ish either way, in the end we all win.

Eh, they're just saying "you did actually say that", it's not calling out an insider, it's just reminding them of what they once said. Yeah plans change, and everything, what was once totally happening may be internally delayed. Still, I don't think that message is that big of a deal as what you make it sound like. I think it's important to keep track of what everyone says, that was the point of the old Nintendo rumor thread by the way. Even the GOAT Emily and King Zell had their misses, it's not a bad thing to keep track of those, as long as it's not used in a way to antagonize.
I would agree, but these days I feel rumors aren't something to be taken seriously. They're just a fun novelty to be amused by when bored

Sept1 dead

sept1.png
Needs moustache and red hat

Neat!

Wait wait wait

Is that THE Jeff Grubb?

Why are the famous people here? Don't they know how broadly unhinged this place is?

actually mostly a very friendly and welcoming place so nice to have you around Mr Jeff Grubb from the Internet
We're a friendly and welcoming and broadly unhinged place. That's why it's great.

i-dont-believe-you-whatever.gif

I feel like this wording is intentionally obtuse.

Though, there was a Tweet in 2021 that stated that "2022" was "heard" for the "4K" Switch.

Claiming to hear a rumour is a claim.

If you had no details, why would you have tweeted that to begin with?

"Personally heard 2022", right there. So have you heard 2022 for it or not is the question.

And this is why people leave the forums sometimes.

I would agree, but these days I feel rumors aren't something to be taken seriously. They're just a fun novelty to be amused by when bored
I agree, I'm definitely tuned into the rumour mill for fun.

Still, doesn't mean questions can't be asked. Even jokes can be criticised. 😰

I wonder what it's like to work at one of those analysis companies where this is their job.

I would generally avoid using snarky gifs and accusing people of being intentionally obtuse if I were just asking questions, but that's just me

I mean, Grubb literally doing a podcast 2 hours from now.
Can you people just wait for that instead of asking him every question here?

Oh this I totally agree though, reason why I'm 100% behind the F-Zero GX remaster and most importantly the Chibi Robo HD one

And why I give 0 attention to Switch Pro rumors, it has stopped being fun years ago lol

Still, I don't think Concernt's message deserve that much reactions lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom