• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like every other insider, yes. I love when people bring up SFGP as if he was the only one who said anything about it. Every single insider got it wrong.
No for sure you’re100% right. But peer weirdly does this kind of thing pretty often. I wouldn’t put too much stock in him. He probably heard about it from the same places we have.

SFGP stunned people by not actually existing and it was a showpiece by having no graphics at all. Peer's sources got it right.
I dunno we heard the whole thing was a hoax, it's possible the hoaxer actually made some fake footage and shared that.

People have gone to much greater lengths to troll.

Omg Peer confirmed he heard a FIRST PARTYYYYYYYY Direct was coming in July.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN BABY!
latest

Regardless of who specifically is involved, it's in extremely poor taste to react to a political assassination by expressing worry about video game events - paranoodle, Donnie, hologram
The reasoning for the shooting is probably complicated and related to the redistricting about to happen there. But that is a way different topic. Perhaps we can talk about it elsewhere, if at all. Have no idea where that topic would go.

But, hopefully he survives. This world is crazy enough. I wish there was some hope.

Damn. That’s a huge headline. Especially it being in Japan of all places.

Only know Abes as being practically being a worst right wing then a lot other the politicians we have here in US. Recall how much people absolutely hated him. Think I can say, I hope the shooter wasn’t foreign cause that’ll cause a lot of worst issues.

Regardless of whether or not anyone who knows Abe will read it, it is still not appropriate to discuss the effect on video games events in the context of his assassination. -Aurc, Donnie, Harina, hologram, paranoodle
How about we try to not speculate about the chances of getting or not getting a Nintendo Direct due to the likely assassination of a major political figure minutes after it just happened.
I agree with you but it's not like Shinzo Abe's family or friends are going to be reading a niche western Nintendo video game console speculation thread.

Damn. That’s a huge headline. Especially it being in Japan of all places.

Only know Abes as being practically being a worst right wing then a lot other the politicians we have here in US. Recall how much people absolutely hated him. Think I can say, I hope the shooter wasn’t foreign cause that’ll cause a lot of worst issues.
He appeared to be Japanese from the images and video of the arrest.

I agree with you but it's not like Shinzo Abe's family or friends are going to be reading a niche western Nintendo video game console speculation thread.
It’s the suggestion that a very violent act may influence a delay of some announcement, from any company, undermines the violent action and the victim(s). I believe the vast majority of people on this forum recognize violent actions should not be discussed as simply influential factors to some other event, especially in their immediate aftermath.

Can’t imagine them doing a first party only showcase (the last one was 2017) without a very good reason. I think if one comes it will be when they reveal new hardware, whenever that happens. If they don’t wanna show hardware next week, I wouldn’t expect a 1st party direct because then why did they split it up from the partner showcase
When there was a first party showcase in 2017?

Crazy to see people claim this proves gun control doesn't work. If the guy had an assault rifle, there would've been even more bloodshed ffs.

Staff post regarding Shinzo Abe situation
The major act of violence perpetrated against Shinzo Abe is shocking, to say the least. As it is a developing situation, with much of the emerging, most relevant information being disseminated in Japanese (which the bulk of our userbase do not read, nor speak), we ask that members please aim to employ the highest degree of tact and sensitivity, in discussing the matter. Additionally, it is imperative that any further information that does emerge be accurate, and as such, we ask that members avoid posting any links to the usual array of random social media posts that typically arise, during difficult situations such as this one.

In light of this event, this is not the time to speculate about how it may impact the occurrence of a video game showcase. Please respect that.

isn't Shinzo Abe like a massive right-wing ultranationalist and war crime denier?
He wasn't necessarily saying that in response to the shooting.

I'd like to reiterate that jumping to how this affects Nintendo's messaging about video games is in poor taste at best and just flat out disrespectful at worst. If you want to discuss what happened, either make a thread in the Roost or join the ongoing discussion in the General Discussion thread. This Event Speculation Thread is not the place for it, as its focus doesn't really allow for the topic to be treated with decency.

I tried to enter the Europe My Nintendo Store and this message appeared:

"My Nintendo Store is currently unavailable due to maintenance that will take several weeks."

Obviously it's not linked to upcoming announcements, but who knows ...

I think the DLSS can be used first for game testing and programming and then implement that in development kits and then in the Nintendo switch successor console itself to be more established and prepared to create perhaps; a more defined console.

I swear Peer has said he has heard about Directs before and nothing has come out of it. I don’t think he has many credible connections where he would get this kind of information especially if it’s a direct focused on first party, that stuff would surely only be known by people internally at Nintendo.

Considering we had a strictly third party only direct last week, the only reason I can think of as to why they'd do an entirely separate first party one the following month is if there was a specific unusual reason for it. ie new hardware.

But as someone who doesn't think new hardware is being announced this early (they might as well literally come out and ask people to cancel yesterday's Splatoon 3 OLED pre-orders if they did), I'm similarly doubtful of a first party direct this month.

I just don't see any other reason why they'd feel the need to separate it from the third party mini we just got.

The only reason I could see is if they are announcing new hardware IE Switch Super is that they will show 3rd party software that either takes advantage of the new hardware or is plain exclusive to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom