• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought Bayo 1+2 a few years ago on Switch (when 3 was announced). Never actually desired to play them. Just watched this, still don't care at all.

Stoked that people are excited though!

Nah Jon has had legit info for years, this is clearly his leaker account. Waddledee is the fake one.

Both of them are meant to make Samushunter look foolish.
Jon absolutely hates leaker culture, so for him to do it himself would make no sense fyi. WaddleDee is an example plus a couple weeks ago he went on a Twitter rant about leaks in general

Bayonetta 3 releasing the same day as Modern Warfare 2 and in the same 4 weeks as Mario + Rabbids, Pokemon, and God of War: Ragnarok?

That’s a bold strategy etc etc

I'm a big fan of female Dante. Gotta be honest Bayo 3 looks better than I thought it would. Based off that trailer it could end up being my favourite.
Definitely gonna get that big dumb special edition, too good to pass up on.

Would Jon really make his legit leaker account so obviously himself like this? Feels like a great way to permanently put GVG on Nintendo’s shit list.

last call for the poll

ends in 20 minutes

if you don't believe in the july twitter direct at this point I don't know what would convince you
Sticking with my original vote of new hardware announced between the 11th and 15th. I'm not one to waver, even in the face of impossible odds.
Jon absolutely hates leaker culture, so for him to do it himself would make no sense fyi. WaddleDee is an example plus a couple weeks ago he went on a Twitter rant about leaks in general
What a perfect cover then.

I hate the release schedule this year. Everything crammed into like three weeks.
yeah, it'd be nice if there was something in August

I guess technically Splatoon 3 is the replacement for the "August slot" but the pacing is so weird

two long ass JRPGs at the end of July, Splatoon 3 in September, a fuckload of everything in October, then Pokémon a month later

I guess Kirby will probably end up in August, but the pacing is still a bit odd

Best trailer yet... but I still can't believe they changed the voice actors.
Maybe they didn't.

I hate the release schedule this year. Everything crammed into like three weeks.

Yeah, the October-November window is 2019 part 2. September-November was just jam-packed. Like 2 new games every week. Daemon X Machina right into Link's Awakening, right into Dragon Quest XI S, right into Overwatch and Witcher 3, right into Luigi's Mansion 3. Then two weeks after that was Pokemon Sword/Shield. I know I'm forgetting stuff but just wayyyy too much crammed into a short amount of time.

I still don't think Sylux is credible, even if it's not Jon. His Splatoon 3 fuck up was way too obvious and it's too easy to guess that witch game will release very close to halloween.
They aren’t credible or reliable. I wish we would stop even mentioning them or SamusHunter or most of them to be honest.

The vast majority of the twitter people just parrot things that they see somewhere else. 10/28 was not a super bold claim. Twitter leaks are just a giant game of telephone with people looking for followers.

Looks like they are doing a "Twitter Direct" after all. Would we expect another announcement tommorow or we onto next week?
I'm not sure what they would do tomorrow, but I guess it isn't out of the question

then the Twitter Direct continues next week I guess

So now we have Xenoblade, Third Parties, a new Special Edition of the Switch, Kirby and Bayonetta.

Now they only need to do a MK Wave Update, Splatoon 3 Trailer, maybe Metroid Remaster, Advance Wars, 1-2 I forgot my horsies or something Zelda the next few weeks and then you already have a pretty solid summer direct.

I don't think this one worked out as planned lol

Edit: Shoot, they deleted it fast. I'm too lazy to post a screenshot (I really wish you could upload directly into the editor). It was an official Nintendo tweet that said "Retrieving data. Wait a few seconds and try to cut or copy again." with a picture of a first Bayonetta's box art.

They aren’t credible or reliable. I wish we would stop even mentioning them or SamusHunter or most of them to be honest.

The vast majority of the twitter people just parrot things that they see somewhere else. 10/28 was not a super bold claim. Twitter leaks are just a giant game of telephone with people looking for followers.
This. I couldn't agree with you more. I still can't believe that most people are over looking that Splatoon 3 fuck up.

Nah Syluxhunter (aka Jon Cartwright) has correctly leaked like, 12 different things at this point before anyone else. There's really no reason to doubt him at this point.

Samushunter is obviously fake, Syluxhunter is Jon parodying her account but actually having real info. Both Syluxhunter and Waddledeeknows are meant to make her (and others like Markomaro) look foolish, and they're doing a wonderful job.

What's really peculiar about this is that they could've literally just added this new trailer, yesterday's Kirby game, the next wave of Mario Kart tracks and the assumed Metroid Prime HD trailer into the partner direct a couple of weeks ago and it would've been an amazing general Direct.

Even ignoring Metroid Prime in case it isn't real and with just those 3 added you can comfortably have a standard 35-40 minute Direct.

I wonder what their reasoning is for separating it all.
Zelda. Or more like the lack of Zelda.

What's really peculiar about this is that they could've literally just added this new trailer, yesterday's Kirby game, the next wave of Mario Kart tracks and the assumed Metroid Prime HD trailer into the partner direct a couple of weeks ago and it would've been an amazing general Direct.

Even ignoring Metroid Prime in case it isn't real and with just those 3 added you can comfortably have a standard 35-40 minute Direct.

I wonder what their reasoning is for separating it all.
I think there are a handful of possibilities at this point, or some combination of them:

• 1) Nintendo is committed to E3, and refuses to hold a digital event that they feel competes with the interests of the ESA.
  • 2) The delay of the new Zelda game left their potential event without a strong centerpiece, and they decided it would be better to split it up
  • 3) If there's new hardware that they for any reason don't want to announce yet then they may not talk about certain games for now
  • 4) Things are bad at the marketing departments, perhaps in part due to the closure of the California office
  • 5) This was always the plan because they simply don't have many big games to announce yet

I am so happy for Bayonetta 3.
Nonetheless, I would love to have news related to the CE of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on Europe...or at least Portugal-wise.

Wow Bayonetta 3 looks so good. I'm gonna be eating good for the second half of this year. Especially if Metroid Prime also releases this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom