• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Post: Community Survey Update
Hey folks,

Apologies for the delay here - we had intended to collate everyone's responses earlier in the week, but it got away from us a little. Over 40 of your shared your opinion for what you think should happen for this thread or the Speculation threads more broadly, and we really appreciate each and every contribution. Community engagement is super important to us, and it's gratifying to know how much you all care about this site and the people on it.

Overall, the vast majority of you seemed to favor keeping these threads in some form or another, although the specifics of what form that should take varied quite a bit. Ultimately, based on all of the responses we received, we think the best approach is to let this thread stay open until the likely September Direct. Thanks to @Raccoon's slight title tweak, we won't even really need to "convert" the thread as I had originally described. Of course, as June taught us, a September Direct is by no means guaranteed, and if the Tokyo Game Show comes and goes without a peep from Nintendo, we can re-evaluate how to proceed. For now though, we think there's no harm leaving this thread open to serve whatever speculation purposes seem the most appropriate.

As always, if you feel yourself tiring of constant speculation, we encourage you to take a break. Luckily the Nintendo community is no longer isolated to a single thread, so hopefully you don't see this a "don't like it? Too bad!"-style dismissal, but instead a gentle re-direction to threads that better serve your vibe. A reminder to everyone as well to stay welcoming and inclusive - these threads tend to lend themselves to an air of cliquiness that we should all do our best to mitigate.

Happy speculation, everyone!

I'll make a fun poll for August on Monday but I'd love some ideas

@ me over the weekend with suggestions and I'll look them over then

Ultimately, based on all of the responses we received, we think the best approach is to let this thread stay open until the likely September Direct. Thanks to @Raccoon's slight title tweak, we won't even really need to "convert" the thread as I had originally described.
#TeamRaccoon stays winning

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 killed Nintendo Direct Speculation.

(I can't take part in Xenoblade Chronciles 3 Fun Time Posting because I won't be getting a copy until I return to the UK, and I won't be playing said copy until I finish Live Alive. Boo-hoo, and so on and so forth)

(I can't take part in Xenoblade Chronciles 3 Fun Time Posting because I won't be getting a copy until I return to the UK, and I won't be playing said copy until I finish Live Alive. Boo-hoo, and so on and so forth)
Nintendo killed Nintendo Direct Speculation

There is nothing else to expect now other than Splatoon 3 Direct + testfire :(
Mini Direct (Prime 1 HD) or hardware reveal are possible but almost nobody expects it anymore

Let's play Mad Libs!

Nintendo _____ my will to ______.
reading my own post about Nintendo killing speculation

6iAo.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

25y.gif

Ninendo killed my will to speculate

200.gif

i mean i dont see any epd group becoming support.

point is we need more western studios.
Considering Nintendo history with it’s western studios (both 1st party and partners), I understand why they don’t have that many western studios. Most of the blame is on Nintendo of course but if things don’t change on how they manage their western studios it makes sense for them to keep it limited to NST/Retro/NLG and trying to find the next ‘NLG’

At this point Nintendo should rename all its EPD Groups to ISD

Iterative
Sequel
Development

My personal favorite ISD Team is ISD 3.

Can't wait for the low budget iterative sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

The results are pretty interesting so far. Seems like most don't expect anything in the next 2 months, and consensus is leaning toward early 2023 or later for an announcement. Here's another poll if you feel like answering, when do you think the Drake releases (if you have to guess)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom